• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 'Stars' = sun/moon 2 = red/blue 2

redjj1

Old School
Years
  • so today I literally had a moment where I only just realised some stuff at the end of Sun/Moon.

I'm new here so I'll just put *SPOILER ALERT* if you haven't finished S/M.
    (If there's a different way I should do this let me know :D)

and if this has already been covered- apologies!

anyway...
    Lillie goes of to Kanto to become a trainer, Hau wants to follow her and also go look for his dad,
    and your character is originally from Kanto.

They can not mention Kanto this much without visiting Kanto at some stage!
    the version 'stars' would be perfect opportunity for this.

red/blue wouldn't get a straight up 3d remake because they've just given us the vc version- however an updated version i.e. new journey, new characters would make much more sense, and I feel like we got the vc versions for the veteran gamers to get the nostalgia kick (I love it how it is, it defines my childhood)- but imagine being a young child in todays world where technology is as it is... I bet young kids wouldn't even bother playing the games because of how out dated they are.

Obviously this is just a theory but its been on my mind for last few hours ~_~

what do you think?

feel free to absoluty blast this out of the water... it's my first thread and I'm kinda expecting it lol

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • You can wrap a SPOILER tag around something, for future reference.
    Example: [spoiler]content here[/spoiler] becomes
    Spoiler:

Anyways I'll move this to the Sun & Moon section since it seems like it's a discussion on a potential third version of those games rather than the games overall. If I'm wrong on that, or I've misunderstood the scope of the thread, just let me know so it can be moved back.

User19sq

I was thinking about possible sequels as well. With everything tying up so neatly at the end of the game, it's hard to imagine a third version with so many things simply reworked into the plot-heavy system.

Either sequels, a sloppy third version, or Pokémon Z repeat.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • We already had a sequel to Gen 1 with Gen 2 where we re-visited Kanto post-game, and personally I'm getting rather sick of Kanto. While I do wish we get to battle Lillie in the next game or so, I really don't want more of Kanto since I already think it's over-exposed.

To be honest, I don't think there's much we can do with Kanto after Gen 1 that wasn't done in the Gen 2 games and their remakes, we've seen pretty much everything it has to offer, and I think revisiting it a third time would just feel excessive and unnecessary.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    I think with all the Kanto pandering that has happened the past two original games, I'd rather avoid Kanto for another decade.

I'd like to see a remake of D/P or an original game dark as colosseum where we play an anti-hero/ex-villain.

redjj1

Old School
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't think there's much we can do with Kanto after Gen 1 that wasn't done in the Gen 2 games and their remakes, we've seen pretty much everything it has to offer, and I think revisiting it a third time would just feel excessive and unnecessary.

Sadly I do agree that it's been exhausted, but if it was a NEW journey with different gym leaders etc and new areas (decent sized islands for example) then I would be very happy.

redjj1

Old School
    Years
  • I think with all the Kanto pandering that has happened the past two original games, I'd rather avoid Kanto for another decade.

I'd like to see a remake of D/P or an original game dark as colosseum where we play an anti-hero/ex-villain.

I never actually played D/P as I retired before those, but having watched my brother play them it pushed me away a bit... but a 3DS version could change that for myself and others.

I just think that a Kanto sequel has to happen, Lillie and Hau both wouldn't travel there if there wasn't a meaning behind it?

If it was just one of them I'd shrug it off, but for Lillie to also mention she's going there to become a trainer - it must mean something?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really, truly believe the whole "going to Kanto" was just a reference. Lillie is going to Kanto--she's going to try to help her mom and become a Trainer. Like, travel is a great way to gain independence. It's just a way to say that Lillie is going to go out, on her own, and actually do stuff for the first time. But instead of being vague and saying "She went to travel someplace far away," they said specifically Kanto because SM have Kanto pandering like nobodies business and they almost have to say she went to Kanto at that point--I mean, where else is she gonna go? Johto? It's not like Bill's hometown is Goldenrod City or anything! Ha ha ha!

I mean, unless they decide to cut off Alola early, the way they did with Kalos, I do think it's likely we'll get SM sequels. But I really don't think they'll have anything to do with Kanto. First off, the gen 1 20th anniversary is over. By next week, 2016 will be gone and we'll be moving ever closer to 2019, the gen 2 20th anniversary year. Secondly, as has already been said, there's no point in revisiting Kanto if it will be the same/have the same characters as in RGBY, FRLG, GSC, and HGSS. Been there, done that. Plenty. Didn't get to? Well, gen 1 is on the Virtual Console now, too! So, yeah. No reason to redo a game that was just re-released this year. Alternatively, if we visit Kanto but it's super super different and has new characters and such, well, will it really be Kanto at that point? And honestly, with the way Looker was involved in XY, ORAS, and now in SM, along with other thematic ties between SM and DPP, I'd say if we're gonna revisit any older region this gen, it's way more likely to be Sinnoh in DPP remakes.

Years
  • so today I literally had a moment where I only just realised some stuff at the end of Sun/Moon.

I'm new here so I'll just put *SPOILER ALERT* if you haven't finished S/M.
    (If there's a different way I should do this let me know :D)

and if this has already been covered- apologies!

anyway...
    Lillie goes of to Kanto to become a trainer, Hau wants to follow her and also go look for his dad,
    and your character is originally from Kanto.

They can not mention Kanto this much without visiting Kanto at some stage!
    the version 'stars' would be perfect opportunity for this.

red/blue wouldn't get a straight up 3d remake because they've just given us the vc version- however an updated version i.e. new journey, new characters would make much more sense, and I feel like we got the vc versions for the veteran gamers to get the nostalgia kick (I love it how it is, it defines my childhood)- but imagine being a young child in todays world where technology is as it is... I bet young kids wouldn't even bother playing the games because of how out dated they are.

Obviously this is just a theory but its been on my mind for last few hours ~_~

what do you think?

feel free to absoluty blast this out of the water... it's my first thread and I'm kinda expecting it lol

Since Fire Red and Leaf Green were kinda already "remakes" of the originals, I doubt the next games would go back to Kanto. I think there were a ton of Kanto references to kinda tie back to were the games began. But also to take us veterans on a nostalgia ride. I think there is still a ton of mysteries and plot points left in sun and moon that I REALLY HOPE they make a squeal to sun and moon!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    I never actually played D/P as I retired before those, but having watched my brother play them it pushed me away a bit... but a 3DS version could change that for myself and others.

I just think that a Kanto sequel has to happen, Lillie and Hau both wouldn't travel there if there wasn't a meaning behind it?

If it was just one of them I'd shrug it off, but for Lillie to also mention she's going there to become a trainer - it must mean something?

I think D/P is completely underrated when compared to what came before and after it, and I'd prefer a remake of those. Not to mention they'll probably be the last remakes we'd get since I imagine that remaking B & W in it's entirety would be awkward.

I think it could just be something that's happening? I mean like... Just because something was mentioned doesn't mean it's setting up something for the future. Gamefreak was doing a lot of fan pandering this gen, but that doesn't mean it's going to continue into next generation.

Also, honestly, Hau isn't much of a character, and I consider that he added nothing to the story. I mean, compared to other Rivals, he does very little for the storyline.

As for Lillie, she probably is going to kanto because the main character is from there. if the main character was from Johto, she probably would've went Johto.

All of sun and moon is under a nostalgia filter. It has many characters from previous generations, is essentially based upon the orange archipelago of the anime (which is when everyone played the games and watched the anime) and remade many of the Kanto pokemon in a new light.

It is pandering. A lot of it. Even some of the story is based on fan's ideas for Zygarde.

There is no need to think we're gonna get another Kanto game. Maybe we'll get something neat for the switch where we can visit every pokemon region, but I don't particularly see that happening soon.

There's also teh fact that, if we visit Kanto, it's gonna be different since you know...
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I feel like there is a lot of room for exploration of Alola and the characters involved in the game - there was just so many of them that I have a hard time remembering more than a couple of them outside of Lillie, Hau and Kukui. I can't believe there will not be a sequel to Sun and Moon in the for of either SM2, Stars, or a new sequel form entirely (I know GameFreak are trying to keep surprising us with new concepts).

On that topic, I feel like 'Stars' implies much more of a space theme than Sun and Moon, which could see more of the UBs home dimension? This would also see the games tie in even further with a Diamond Pearl Platinum remake, focusing on Platinum which is what I gather people want more, and visiting the Distortion World and explaining that further too - to me, a lot of these locations are not explained enough.

I think there will be a visit to Kanto, in the form of a reimagining. The story will be new, the region advanced by 20 years and Lillie will come into the plot in some way. Even though we've been there 4 times, the most recent was 2010 and the game mechanics have come a long way. Maybe it will be a more traditional game, not including Mega Evo and Z Moves?

In short, I can see Gen VII being composed of 7 or 8 games - Sun&Moon, DPPt remakes, Stars or Sun2Moon2, and a pair of Kanto games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Initially I wanted a prequel to follow the main games, but after seeing how S/M ended I'm definitely up for a another sequel. It doesn't necessarily have to travel to Kanto in order to keep up with Lillie, heck she could even return after her adventure and it could take off from that point. I'd want for the next games to take place in Alola once again, perhaps expanding on some untouched areas and introducing some new ones kinda like how B2W2 did. I think Alola is a fantastic region and there's a lot more they could do with it yet including those empty building spaces dotted around the region.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I wonder if they would ever implement a "transfer your save" to the sequels kind of thing so you can choose not to start as a no-name trainer, if you so wish.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but it realy bothers me that people are calling it "star" the sun is a Star. It is better suited to be Eclipse or something. /end rant

But I feel like instead of a new game, it might be purchasable DLC, or at least some of it. I find it hard to believe Sun/Moon story arc is finished, as Lillie headed to Kanto there are still so many things left undone. Also the lack of a national dex leads me to believe that there will be an update once Pokémon Bank is running for Sun/Moon.

redjj1

Old School
    Years
  • For those of you who say that Kanto is going to be different... how? From the best of my recollection, even if the concept of the next game was revisiting Kanto in the future, wouldn't that be the point of the Johto games, and if so, wouldn't you rather leave exploring Kanto to say, the hypothetical 20th anniversary of the Johto games? I feel that subject would flow a lot better in a Johto revisit (where you simultaneously revisit Kanto) than some sort of awkward shoehorn of Kanto when you're traveling through Alola.

I'd be welcome to this because even though I loved playing Gold, the Johto map could do with some work, and has the potential to be great!

and the more I think about it, with the 20th anniversary of gen II, it could be more likely that we get a crystal remake possibly?

Edit: wouldn't the 20th anniverary of gen II be 2019?

Pokebank will work with X/Y, ORAS, and VC Red, Blue and Yellow but there's no direct link to gen II? (I know you can go through the whole transfer thing with HGSS but nah...)

It's fine to speculate with wishful thinking, but this is how we end up disappointed {XD}

I'm sorry, but it realy bothers me that people are calling it "star" the sun is a Star. It is better suited to be Eclipse or something. /end rant

But I feel like instead of a new game, it might be purchasable DLC, or at least some of it. I find it hard to believe Sun/Moon story arc is finished, as Lillie headed to Kanto there are still so many things left undone. Also the lack of a national dex leads me to believe that there will be an update once Pokémon Bank is running for Sun/Moon.

DLC of Kanto would probably be more welcomed !

Last edited:

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I feel like they're gradually trying to turn Pokemon into more of a "universe" with recurring characters such as Looker being included in the past 4 generations, and I think it's great. Colress, Red & Blue etc. coming back adds some more rounded-off narrative to the story of the Pokemon universe across all 7 generations, and even sets them up to potentially appear again the future. I think it's more than just fan-service, I think it shows that some of these characters and regions are important in the grand scheme of the Pokemon universe. Characters are getting closure and development to their stories with each generation which I think fans are finding very satisfying.

With that being said, I think it would be plausible to have a multi-region game built around one region, where different parts of the narrative require you to go to different regions - a new adventure using existing regions. For example, perhaps in this upcoming gen 7 Switch title you are primarily in Alola, but find some motive to go to Kanto or Sinnoh, perhaps during the post game to track an Ultra Beast or something. I would imagine if we visited Kanto, we could also find Lillie, who may have become Kanto champion, seeing as Red/Blue are referred to as "past champions" - something like that.. there are a lot of possibilities. What I think is definite is that she'll appear again somehow to get some closure to her story.

Although a multi-region game is plausible to me, Game Freak will probably find a way to surprise us... no one really expected them to move on from gen 6 without some clarity on Zygarde, but they ended up spreading the development of that over to S/M with the whole Dexio & Sina Zygarde cell sub-plot and Z moves, and there's still room for more development on that in the future. They could do a similar thing spreading the Ultra Beasts to a re-visit of Sinnoh linking into the whole space/dimension theme, or even a straight up remake.

In short, no I don't think the function of Sun 2/Moon 2 would be to have another Kanto-exclusive adventure, but I think they could definitely use Kanto, along with other regions, within the story of another game.

Years
  • Well my idea it's seguel as well.
    I was thinking at Stars take place one year after Pokemon Sun and Moon where we Get the Chance to play new hero/heroine so have moved to Alola region together with his/her father. This time he/she get visit from Samson Oak so have starter pokemon for here. The starter Pokemon are the same in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
    After he/she pick his/her starter Pokemon he/she meet Hero/Heroine from Pokemon Sun and Moon so are Alola region first Pokemon League champion, he/she tell our hero/heroine at he/she it's going to have test battle with our hero/heroine for to see our hero/heroine are ready for upcoming trial since the trial have become little bit Harder. Should our hero/heroine win, Prognanist from Sun and Moon would give him/her a Z bracel and a Z crystal after that he/she would leave back to Pokemon League for to wait for our hero/heroine and after that our hero/heroine would start his/her journey.

Team Skull would come back with new leader and Lillie would come back as well, so you have chance to battle her. You would Get to battle Hau since he have follow his grandfather fotsteep. Legendary Pokemon do a come back as well and later in the game you would get chance to change your bracel mot mega bracel and get a mega stone. As well Pokemon so can use mega stone.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • While I do believe the next main series games we will get are likely Gen 4 remakes (especially given how many parallels there are to Gen 4 in Gen 7, probably more than with Gen 1), I do think sequels are more reasonable to do than a third game, even if we've seen almost all of Alola in the first games, and the reason is because of the way Sun and Moon ended.

If a sequel is made, we could see Gyms in Alola, since there were hints and implications of them being built (as seen by a number of empty lots that appear in the game), and I'd love to see what the gyms are like... although that would feel like a step down from the Island Trials, since they felt like a breath of fresh air to the franchise after being so loyal to the traditional formula for so long, which kind of got stale.

One thing I really do want, however, is more of the Ultra Beasts and more Ultra Space. Heck, why not retcon the Distortion World into being the same dimension as Ultra Space and possibly even have Giratina make a cameo? That would be really cool and would tie Gen 7's story with the Gen 4 remakes if they are to happen, which is very likely at this point.

Back