• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starter Kit for rm2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    hi to u all. I saw someone was making a Starter Kit for RMKP, and there were people complaining that wasn't one for RM2k3, so i am making one, but it will not have a CBS (at least made by me), so if anyone is willing to help me making a CBS; take a step forward and post here. well here is the info:

Game Name: Pokemon StarterKit for RM2k3
    Made with: RPG Maker 2003
    Introduction: Well, it is a Starter Kit for RPG Maker 2003 for everyone that wants to make a pokemon game
    Story: the story is made by you
    Features:
    CMS (some parts are not avaliable like items and such, that are
    part of the Battle System

The three regions, Starting with Hoenn, Johto and finally Kanto

The hero will not change it's name, it is defaulted to Brandon, to
    change the name for your story, edit the images of the menu and
    the Trainer Card

Doors open and close like GB versions

Exit arrow inside buildings
    Screenshots: sorry, i don't have screenshots with me, but i will post tomorrow

Oh, and i need beta testers! The first one to reply to be a BETA tester, takes the place! If i need more BETA testers, i'll ask.

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    thanks for the comments, well i only asked for 1 BETA Tester, but i'll make an exception, so my 2 official BETA Testers are ashly138 and DarkClown. Here are some screenshots:

To my BETA Testers: I will post here when i release the betas, then you PM me for them!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2008
    this looks the best i will finally be able to make a game useing a system i know (i just dont get the scripting in rmxp)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    this is a good idea but i dont think you should create the maps because most people create there own regions and if your not goin to create a CBS or put items, and other stuff that people get stuck with then i can't see much point to this and it looks to me like your just trying to make a game and want someone elce to make a battle system for you

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I kinda agree/disagree with Spike. I agree about I don't like the idea of not putting in a CBS or good bag system, but I disagree about you putting your maps in. Like Spike said, people like to put there own regions in, but if you put in the 3 official regions, that gives people alot more options about the setting of there game, and pre-made maps will save alot of time for the mapper.

Waudby

Yes i agree there. Although a battle system is needed it can be added on at a later date for now i think its best to get the other systems sorted. Perhaps if you request a team to help on this in team recruitment. Then this would happen faster plus some1 else there may have help on the CBS or items

exteradude

Nice screenies! I wish there would be 3 beta testers, because I would be one!

Can't wait for s'more screenies!

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    Like waudby said, i plan on adding a CBS later, but you wouldn't expect me to have a bag working in just 3 days! I don't want someone to MAKE me a CBS, i want someone to HELP me build one (MAKE and HELP are two different words). And if i am making a game, no! I am making a StarterKit for people to use as a basis when making their own games. I am making the maps, because it can serve as inspiration to other people, as well if they want to use them in their story! I finnished the intro, i will post screenshots tomorrow

DarkClown

Do not D O U B L E - P O S T
    Years
    Nice...Even better than exteradude's ...Very good...I think I'll keep my project on hold...And use your Starter kit when its out

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2006
    Thanks

wow, thanks a lot n.n, u are great, the latest screenshots in your 1st post are from your starter kit? or are they inside the gba games? thank a lot for doing this, i really need it, coz i cant understand rmxp.

thanks!!

DarkClown

Years
    LoL...Anyway...That isnt RMXP...RMXP is Rpg Maker XP...This is RM2k3
    I got no freaking idea what that k stands for but it is RPG Maker 2003
    And those are not from GBA Games...He made them himself..Continue posting and have more posts..

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    "K" stands for kilo- which is 1000. (It comes from the Metric System)
    For example 1kilometer= 1000 meters.

So thats why RM2K3 is used when talking about RPG MAKER 2003.

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    Hey, thanks to u all for those cool comments! Well, everything is easy here, coz i am working with RPG Maker series since RPG Maker 95, and since then, i've been training my skills! Well, things that i don't understand how to do are the CBS (well, itself is not hard, but changing pokemon and catching them is hard, not to mention the Damage Calculation!), the reflection on water and there is a route that has grass that obscures almost all player (very tall grass which only shows about 2 or 3 pixels of the player). If anyone knows how to do those things, contact me! (My MSN is [email protected]. According to ashly138, my intro is very cool! Keep up fans!

EDIT: Oh and does anyone knows about a cool file hoster that WORKS?

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    since I'm working on Chromatite (its engine will be used for Sphere Starter Kit) I doubt I'll have time to help you build a CBS but if you want all you need to know about Game Mechanics in order to build the CBS you can add me to msn: [email protected] and I'll pass you all the PDF files I have about it, as well as websites.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    You could always use the battle system I done with Silk2 TakeOver (do a search for the thread) - but I think the file for the demo is down. If you would like, I could PM you a re-uped link?

DarkClown

Years
    MikeGTS do you ever go online on msn?...Ive added you so long and you havent been online once...

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Wow. Finally somenone's making an RM2K3 starter kit. I only you people where here whenI started 2 years ago. 3 Months ago here weren't any starter kits. Now there's one for Sphere, RMXP, and RM2K3.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back