• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Get me a good quality picture of what you want it to look like and i'll try my best.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • :
    [NoLeAfCloVeR0987] said:
    and is this all considered spamming in blizzys thread if so we can take your conversation to my thread considering its my problem concerning my game.......
    if this is a thing added to the starterkit, it's not spam ;)

anyway, i'd guess it will take a very long time for the new version
    school is giving me loads of work lately:\

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    okay...

thats sort of a bummer but take your time focus on school thats more important.....i will still be lookin forward to the release.....good luck with school......

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Blizzy said:
    :
    if this is a thing added to the starterkit, it's not spam ;)

school is giving me loads of work lately:\
    that is totally fine. school is important in the first place, and sometimes you just need your own time instead of spending time on making a project like this for other people.

take your time, hell, even january 2006 wouldnt be a problem if you ask me. Its totally up to you.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • New2Ya said:
    that is totally fine. school is important in the first place, and sometimes you just need your own time instead of spending time on making a project like this for other people.

take your time, hell, even january 2006 wouldnt be a problem if you ask me. Its totally up to you.

yup, I totally agree with everything you said!

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    I have the purchased version, except i didn't purchase it :P I got it off a friend lol :P anyway the non-purchased version works perfectly on the purchased version, and for my Other friend my purchased stuff works on his non-purchased version so it should still work on all of yours :P lol!

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Hey, I have a suggestion for the starter kit.
    To make it so you can only encounter pokemon in tall grass just go to the database and then tileset, set the wild grass' terrain to (whatever number you want apart from 7) and then make a parrallel process event, make a variable called "Terrain Tag" and set it to the current tiles terrain, then make a conditional branch:
    if (whatever terrain number you gave the tall grass)
    allow encounters
    else
    disallow encounters, simple!
    I also have some methods for a day/night system encountering asell if you wann hear them

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2005
    school is giving me loads of work lately
    We 'll wait for u, I 'm working on my Pokemon project now, thank for your starter kit. It 's VERY USEFUL! :D

I have a question : can your pokedex menu work with Window_Dairy script ?( rmxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10456)
    Which pokedex script can be used ?(rmxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26784)

(sorry, i'm not allowed to post the URL links in my post)

Blizzy

Years
  • [NoLeAfCloVeR0987] said:
    when i put it in the game i get an error that has to do with the line " Class window_EnemyHP < Window_base
    do you knwo how to fix this or what it means
    i know what that means,
    put the Window_EnemyHP underneath Window_Base
    Datriot said:
    Hey, I have a suggestion for the starter kit.
    To make it so you can only encounter pokemon in tall grass just go to the database and then tileset, set the wild grass' terrain to (whatever number you want apart from 7) and then make a parrallel process event, make a variable called "Terrain Tag" and set it to the current tiles terrain, then make a conditional branch:
    if (whatever terrain number you gave the tall grass)
    allow encounters
    else
    disallow encounters, simple!
    I also have some methods for a day/night system encountering asell if you wann hear them
    i was thinking of something like this:
    Code:
    <>branch $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x, $game_player.y) == [terrain_id]
      <>Var[xxx:encounter] ~rand 1 ... 6
      <>Branch Var[xxx:encounter] == 3
        <>make encounter
      <>end
    <>end

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I have just downloaded your starter kit. getting RMXP tommorow or at the weekend, just wanted to ask how you get it working? I don;t want to mess things up.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Space Guard 05 said:
    I have just downloaded your starter kit. getting RMXP tommorow or at the weekend, just wanted to ask how you get it working? I don;t want to mess things up.

basicly when you have RMXP and installed it on your computer, just double-click on the little window icon thing in the starter kit folder then make your game. :p
    Like maps, events etc.
    It's best to keep the little test town and not delete it if your new to RGSS, because it has some little tidbits you might wanna now! ^^

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Thanx for the help datriot. i tried double clicking it and it came up with a window so I wondered what it meant?
    (P.S I am a newbe but what does RGSS mean?)

Blizzy

Years
  • Space Guard 05 said:
    Thanx for the help datriot. i tried double clicking it and it came up with a window so I wondered what it meant?
    it stands for
    Code:
    Ruby Game Scripting System
    it's a programming language made for rmxp

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Space Guard 05 said:
    Thanx for the help datriot. i tried double clicking it and it came up with a window so I wondered what it meant?

I think it said something like "RGSS RTP Standard ???" that basicly means really that you don't have RMXP installed, you'll just have to wait until you install it;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back