• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    how do u create new pokemon? Last I checked there are only 4 blank pokemon data spaces in the rom.
    And I have a question. If you somehow got to trade using this hack, and traded a zigzagoon over to a normal game, would it turn into sentret?

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    haha it's okay :) I click all spoilers anyway :P

and besides, GSC is the only gen where you get day/night!

Beg to differ. Now, that D/P Is out, it has Day and night as well, but if you meant to be able to play on a emulator, tmhen whole differnt storey.

So, how is this comeing along?
    any new screen?. seems like your getting pretty close to the next beta? or am i far off course.

Anyhow, KUTUW!

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Well, we still have a bit to go, but its getting there^^

Also, I have good news! As I only have one (easy) exam to take, and thats in the morning, Ill have more time to work on it sooner than I thought! Once I take that exam in the morning, Im done with highschool except for graduation and senior awards nights. That of course transaltes into more freetime=more time to work on the hack = more progress = sooner next demo release^^

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    to Dogboy: thanks for letting me know, I was unaware that Day/night had been brought back for D/P

to Zowayix: you can't really trade in a rom, you sorta can using flash drives, but I don't think it would have the same effectts (aka kadabra evolving etc.) and no, even if you could, they zigazoon wouldn't change into sentret. skeetendo just decided to take sentret out of that area and use zigazoon instead.

to skeetendo:
    glad to hear it! hope you do great on your exam and I can't wait for the next demo :)

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Actually Erimgard, he IS right. if you COULD find a way to trade(considering you would also have to find not only a way to connect but a way to the second floor of the pokecenter which we took out :P) and traded a zigzagoon, then yes, he would turn into a sentret on the other side, as all he does is overwrite sentret's data

Also, we do not know how to add new pokemon, as there are only those few blank spots and my understanding is it gets annoying, we are simply replacing some of the less used and our least favourites to add new ones^^

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    ah okay now I understand. I thought you were adding zigazoon...but you were really just changing sentret. my mistake.
    so what other pokemon do you plan on getting rid of in order to make new ones?
    but I suppose the whole sentret/zigazoon thing is a moot point since you can't trade :P

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Well, Natu and Xatu have been removed, Stantler and such, basically some of the more useless ones. (for example Stantler is being removed to add a Legendary from RSE) and such liek that. I dont have a full list handy, and all have not been decided, but they will all be replaced by a pokemon of equal or greater value^^

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    mmm Stantler replaced with a legendary that is equely or greater than stantler....
    I think Jirachi might be equel to stantler, since they are both weak and useless XD

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    little spoiler question here :D
    will there be something like the battle with Red in sterling silver? ya know, an uber-powerful trainer only accessible after you have all 16 badges?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Even if it is in GBC, I'm sure it will turn out a fine hack, since most GBC hacks alive are made by people with good hexperience (joke there... :D), and I think that they are trying to make it look a bit "advanced" (so we don't miss the advanced generation graphics :))

I was planning on playing the hack, but I'm not sure about a thing, that is important for me in a GBC hack, maybe some of the guys that already played it could answer me, how long is it? (I mean, how much time, in gameplay), if it is quite short, then I'll wait for a next release.

Good luck with the game, I hope that the final version will be something quite different from the original (don't forget I keep playing Gold over and over, so I hope there will be a lot of diferences, in the end, at least)

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    I was planning on playing the hack, but I'm not sure about a thing, that is important for me in a GBC hack, maybe some of the guys that already played it could answer me, how long is it? (I mean, how much time, in gameplay), if it is quite short, then I'll wait for a next release.

Depends how good you are with pokemon games :P
    I think it is a few hours (I think 3-4 hours, maybe 5). It goes all the way to Eqcrueteak City. So you can get the first 4 badges.

timson733333

Woah.
    Years
    There are a few problems in Sterling Silver.

1: The new wild Pokemon have wrong cries and wrong numbers and wrong species, like Munchlax sounding like a Natu and being called "Tinybird".

2: No new trainers, just new Text....

3: Linnone's sprite is cut off and I used the "All Shiny" code on Sterling Silver, and Shiny Linnone isn't Purple, it's red. So is Zigzagoon.

I would rate this hack a 70%, not bad, but you could improve.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Ah, thank you for spotting those errors! The trainers will be fixed by the next demo, and the pokemon descriptions and sprites will be as well. On the cry issue, I can't add a new cry but I will try to figure out how to changethe cry and load one that is closer to right for them.

The pokedex problems were merely an oversight honestly, as munchlax and them were added right before the release and we forgot to test that. However since then we have started making sure we test new things well before we move on, makes it go a tad slower as it goes, but saves time in the long run of having to go back through, test everythign and then find out whats casuing it. This should also make for a smoother-playing hack for yall^^

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
    I hope you make enough backups.
    I was shocked when i read that Zel got a virus and lost the progress he made. I don't want it to happen to this hack.

Is it possible to release a Beta which is the same as the current one, but with the mobile event fixed?
    I wanna know which legendary I get :P

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Wow, I didn't even realize there was a second generation hack going around... very cool. I just applied the ips and I already love it straight from the beginning. Awesome job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back