• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon : Story of the Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
  • INTRODUCTION:-
    Everyone has played many-a-hack being a good character saving the world from destruction etc etc.
    Now how 'bout a change?
    Here comes the change from Team Poke Pirates Pokemon : Story of the Rocket.
    Play as a evil character , destroy the world and have fun.

STORY:-
    You are the son of Giovanni ( I hope you all know who he is) ,you just have been passed out from ROCKET RECRUITMENT after you have beaten BROCK ( who has been kidnapped by our grunts along with MISTY ) and your aim ,throughout the game , is to capture all legendary Pokemon and create havoc in Kanto. You will eventually come under Elite 4's notice and they will try to stop you.
    Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS:-
    Spoiler:

Recruitment
    Spoiler:

FEATURES:-
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Mehh, I kinda have a dislike for Team rocket hacks.
    They all end up being discontinued or just a failed attempt.(Except Toxic purple ... which goes back to discontinued).
    From the screens you need some mapping help and possibly a better idea than catching all the legendaries. :|

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • If you're doing a Team Rocket hack, then I'd suggest you'd better prepare yourself. Not many are made good, so you're going to have a lot of people with low expectations.

I'd suggest you look at a mapping tut or two to get the gist of mapping well.

Toxic Purple really made me want to play it, but it was discontinued. Maybe get some ideas from Toxic Purple's videos for your hack, such as the starter Pokemon (which I found hilarious), colored text (which you'd need to know scripting for), and rivals (which I noticed you were lacking).

One last thing, since the story is in Kanto, will you be using Fire Red's maps with a few edits?

I hope it lives up to Toxic Purple!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Good luck with this, man. I can't really tell how good this'll be by the information in the thread, but I've always wanted to see something like this done right. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    i like this hack but just catching legendarys is lame you should also make it were you steal items pokemon from people like team rocket does in the anime series and you should get different tile sets but no B/W those tiles suck and B/W sucks :P and good luck i hope you finish this hack dont give up on it remember why your doing this

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • i like this hack but just catching legendarys is lame you should also make it were you steal items pokemon from people like team rocket does in the anime series and you should get different tile sets but no B/W those tiles suck and B/W sucks :P and good luck i hope you finish this hack dont give up on it remember why your doing this

It will have many different features like battling team magma and aqua.
    ML is selecting and inserting tiles

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    honestly i say keep the original firered tiles but add some extras like cave tiles special event tiles ect
    i can also do animations :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    honestly i say keep the original firered tiles but add some extras like cave tiles special event tiles ect
    i can also do animations :)

I agree with this. If you're going to do a team rocket hack based in Kanto, It'd look much better using the original FR tiles.

Anyways, your mapping looks quite empty, especially indoors. There's not really that much your showing, so I can't really say anything else. I love team rocket hacks though, good luck on it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well I've seen some TR hacks and they all showed potential and this one also.
    Regardless the great storyline I think we need more screens because those ones did not catch my attention so much...

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Anyways, your mapping looks quite empty, especially indoors. There's not really that much your showing, so I can't really say anything else. I love team rocket hacks though, good luck on it.
    well i wouldnt mind going through and adding some detail to the maps :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    bit of spoilers for HGSS

playing as Silver ? why the hell does he look like red ? and if you want to make a Silver-main-character game shouldnt it be in Jhoto(following Silver's adventures) ? it would be really cool if its made with heart gold or soul silver as the base but lets face it we gotta wait for few years till we get a neat HGSS hack

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    It would be nice to see a Team Rocket full hack one day, They keep getting stopped before they finished :(

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    bit of spoilers for HGSS

playing as Silver ? why the hell does he look like red ? and if you want to make a Silver-main-character game shouldnt it be in Jhoto(following Silver's adventures) ? it would be really cool if its made with heart gold or soul silver as the base but lets face it we gotta wait for few years till we get a neat HGSS hack

I'm guessing it looks like red because the haven't inserted that yet.
    And, Silver could cahnge region if he wants?
    After all before he steals the johto starter he is in kanto with giovanni.

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I had big hopes for Toxic Purple before it was discontinued.
    Hopefully this one will see completion, as I always find amusing when
    I can be the anti-hero in games (or the villain outright).

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2012
    so is the game out yet?
    if it is mind giving the url to download the gba file ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back