• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon STRIKE! Yellow Version [BETA 0.5 W.I.P. - BETA 0.4 Available]

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
  • I never got a Readme.txt, Any chance you could post a download link (either here or in a PM)?

It's not a rom file so I don't see why it should be a problem posting the Readme here. This was included in the original .rar file Drake Seawood linked in his post before he took it down for whatever reason... The Readme.txt is attached to this post.

Years
  • Does anybody actually know what's going on with this romhack, why Drake removed the download link, and where he's been?
    Drake removed it so there would be a final release. He's on PC quite often but I have no idea why he hasn't released the game yet since he said it would be out by April.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Drake removed it so there would be a final release. He's on PC quite often but I have no idea why he hasn't released the game yet since he said it would be out by April.

Yeah, I've seen that he still visits regularly. I don't get it. ~_~

I'm also having a hard time understanding what else could be put into the final version. The only problem I encountered playing the game was that once you arrive at Fuschia city, the gates on either side are blocked off and you have to use Fly to actually get inside the city.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2015
    Does anyone has the older rom file? (I mean the current version 0.3 I think) I've looked for it everywhere and I can't find it... Drake deleted all the links to it because of the upcoming updated version, but now we're unsure if it'S gonna be released lol... So if anyone has it just PM me or put it on this thread, that would be really appreciated thanks :)

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • Does anyone has the older rom file? (I mean the current version 0.3 I think) I've looked for it everywhere and I can't find it... Drake deleted all the links to it because of the upcoming updated version, but now we're unsure if it'S gonna be released lol... So if anyone has it just PM me or put it on this thread, that would be really appreciated thanks :)

I've sent you a PM

Years
  • Hello everybody. I just wanted to apologize for the unannounced inactivity (thanks to the staff for not removing the thread). I finished the last version yesterday in 1 day, YES, IN 1 DAY. So why did I take all this time? Simple, many things to do: School stuff (already on vacation) tests, social relationships, familiar issues, also I got a job, etc. Many things that just don't give you enough free time to decide to finish your hackrom.

Anyway, please, don't expect anything big or "omgwtflolggwp what a great update" or something like that. The final release just consist in a twist of a couple of events. The rest is the same. Don't expect more improvements for this hackrom, at least in the near future, because I haven't "studied" more hacking since February and thus, I'm almost retired. I don't know what could happen in the next years :)

I'm just happy to have contributed to the romhacking community with these 2 cents.

The game will be uploaded this week without a YT video. It will be made much more later.

Thanks to everyone that keeps commenting/suggesting/supporting the hack. The fact that the game couldn't be improved soon doesn't mean I do not read every suggestion. Reporting possible bugs/inconsistencies are also welcome. Thanks yet.

That's all for today, folks. SMELL YA LATER!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    How did you improve trainers pokemon? CONSIDERING that there is no trainer tools for pm yellow and that few people have done hex editing on this game...

Years
  • Drake, are you aware that the gates on either side of Fuschia City are blocked? To get inside the city, you have to stand outside the gate and use Fly to get inside.
    Yeah, I remember that. Probably you have an unfixed version of the last release.

How did you improve trainers pokemon? CONSIDERING that there is no trainer tools for pm yellow and that few people have done hex editing on this game...
    I improved the mons by increasing the IVs and giving to some mons custom movesets. Everything has been done with a hex editor without tools (it was hard at the begining), except for wild mons and maps.
    Where can I download? Looks good.
    The download link will be shared as soon as possible tomorrow. Unluckily I have no internet on my pc, just on my phone and I'm pretty limited.

Years
  • Sorry for double-post.

The Beta 0.4 of Pokemon STRIKE! Yellow is available from now.

I'll try to reply for the past and incoming posts.

Best regards.

picture.php

Years
  • ANNOUNCEMENT: Found a couple of minor inconsistencies playing the game on my phone (e.g. Lvl 12 Slowbro encounter at Route 4). I've fixed everything but with no internet, I'll try to refresh the file tonight or tomorow morning.

Don't worry, I won't disable the current upload. However, be sure to refresh your GB file as soon as I do so.

To skip double-post: The download is updated (08/07/15). Enjoy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Did you fix Pikachu not evolving?
    Pikachu doesn't evolve into Raichu by level anymore. Read Post #1.

Another couple of inconsistencies have been fixed right off the bat. Also, Zubat and Golbat have a slightl improvement on their stats. Some TM prices have been changed to increase a little bit the difficulty of the game.

PLEASE, RE-DOWNLOAD AND REFRESH YOUR GB FILE 10/07/15.

Back