• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystelex

Since the old characters are gonna be there in the games, I really hope they return in the anime!

Years
  • tumblr_ogkn7cHXng1vdhufio1_540.png

Nurse Joy in Alola use Comfey as their helper Pokemon! Interesting that it breaks the trend of a pink Pokemon helping Nurse Joy, but considering Comfey's main gimmick being a healer (even moreso thanks to its exclusive Triage ability) it was also unsurprising.

Reactions: Z25

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You do have notable points here, because when two franchises have a bitter rivalry they always try to outdo each other and to me, Pokemon copying too many Yo-Kai elements will tarnish what Pokemon's image is meant to be.

Remember the points Z25 and I made from that Pokémon vs. Yo-Kai Watch thread, Pokémon is safe and is in no way copying Yo-Kai Watch since the unreleased episodes reveals that he'll be out of school soon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It sounded like there are some good voice actors.. I think I heard Tierno's Voice again from one of the Skull Grunts. And one of the female's voices sounded familiar, but couldn't pin point what chatacter or the voice actor.

But the trailer I have to say is probably one of the most badass pokemon trailers I've seen. The music and what the guy says, seems to make it like it is going to turn dark as hell at a later point.

I am going to assume it is Mallow's voice that I heard.

Also glad the kept Ash's voice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The English trailer had a more epic and somewhat more serious tone to it where the Japanese trailers have all felt more fun and light-hearted. It also made less of a deal out of the school aspect and focused more on the battles and adventures on Alola. Is Ash getting a new voice artist in the dub, or is Sarah adjusting his voice to his new character design? He sounded different here than in the XYZ I watched recently.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The English trailer had a more epic and somewhat more serious tone to it where the Japanese trailers have all felt more fun and light-hearted. It also made less of a deal out of the school aspect and focused more on the battles and adventures on Alola. Is Ash getting a new voice artist in the dub, or is Sarah adjusting his voice to his new character design? He sounded different here than in the XYZ I watched recently.

Pretty sure it is the same voice actor. It sounded exactly the same to me other than when he screams while running from the Bewear.

Years
  • Is Ash getting a new voice artist in the dub, or is Sarah adjusting his voice to his new character design? He sounded different here than in the XYZ I watched recently.

No new VA for Ash, but since his new design is meant to make him look younger and more like an actual kid I think it's just Sarah Natochenny performing her Ash voice differently to suit his major redesign and change in personality.

Even if he does end up with a new VA, I think it'll be mostly to do with the new approach to him as a character.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Does anyone happen to know who the voice actor for the female is in the trailer? I think it is Mallow's Voice Actor. But the voice sounds familiar, but I am not sure who it is.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Leave it to the west to make the SM anime look more serious than it actually is. I am disappointed that Mallow doesn't have a country accent, but her VA kind of sounded like Tara Strong, but we know Pokémon USA wouldn't spend their money on high-quality VAs.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Apparently it has been confirmed that he will not be staying at the school all season like a lot of people thought. So it seems like I was correct. Apparently one of the newest scans says he starts traveling.

Years
  • Well, Pikachu's Z-Move has been confirmed as Gigavolt Havoc. After some research and read that Volt Tackle is needed to use Catastropika, and Pikachu forgot Volt Tackle (replacing it with Electro Ball) in the BW series, getting Gigavolt Havoc made more sense.

Years
  • Hey guyss, since the anime's started airing I think we can use a new thread to have general discussions now rather than this old announcement thread. I'll make a new one in place of this now. Thanks for letting it run for so long, and be sure to discuss in the new discussion thread once it's up if you're watching. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back