• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime speculation and expectation!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ignoring Hidaka's exit from the series, the new writers are already changing a lot with XY such as breaking a lot of long-standing trends, such as Greninja being Ash's first Water-type that isn't comedy relief and actually having a serious personality, or how Kalos became the first region where he catches: no Grass-type, a pseudo-legendary that fully evolves, and having a regional team that's all fully-evolved.

Yeah, I know, yet they still didn't change Iris's departure, they kept that intact. They could have at LEAST changed that when they came onboard, but they didn't. And that's not even getting into how with Serena, when they finally GAVE her a goal, they gave her a goal that all but stated she's only there for the region/series ("Kalos Queen.").

Years
  • tumblr_oae8lujuH71r8sc3ro1_540.png

According to this, following the premiere of the third and final XY movie Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna in Japan there was a teaser showing the Alola starters in what will be the 20th movie of the anime series.

That very likely confirms there will be an anime saga set in Alola. The question is, when will we hear news about said forthcoming anime series?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    tumblr_oae8lujuH71r8sc3ro1_540.png

According to this, following the premiere of the third and final XY movie Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna in Japan there was a teaser showing the Alola starters in what will be the 20th movie of the anime series.

That very likely confirms there will be an anime saga set in Alola. The question is, when will we hear news about said forthcoming anime series?

Just as an FYI, there have been Anime in the past that had movies made about them well after the anime themselves have been cancelled. Like Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, God of Destruction Beerus, and Resurrection F! for the Dragon Ball/Z/GT anime.

Years
  • Just as an FYI, there have been Anime in the past that had movies made about them well after the anime themselves have been cancelled. Like Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return, God of Destruction Beerus, and Resurrection F! for the Dragon Ball/Z/GT anime.

Pokemon is a very profitable franchise, and the anime is often used to promote the games. Just because other cancelled anime series still release movies doens't mean the same can happen to Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Pokemon is a very profitable franchise, and the anime is often used to promote the games. Just because other cancelled anime series still release movies doens't mean the same can happen to Pokemon.

Just so you're aware, Dragon Ball IS a very profitable franchise (heck, they've released quite a few games even after the anime (not to mention the manga) long ended, and this was before Dragon Ball Super was released). So saying that Pokémon is profitable doesn't preclude that it won't happen. Besides Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, and Sonic continued long after their cartoons got cancelled.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    and since that is most likely Ash's Pikachu we can say he will be in the Sun and Moon anime.. also i have a theory!

Ash wins the kalso league and is unable to battle the elite 4, but is given the chance of a life time. he is offered to go to alola to help build a pokemon league (if the rumors are true and there are no real gyms) as he gets there He and Pikachu are now real famous and as he is there a Mimikkyu starts to fallowing him all sad because he is alone and nobody is paying attention to him because Ash and Pikachu are there and because Pikachu is everywhere. later Mimikkyu falls in love with Ash (like other pokemon have) and wants to join as to be on his team

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Just so you're aware, Dragon Ball IS a very profitable franchise (heck, they've released quite a few games even after the anime (not to mention the manga) long ended, and this was before Dragon Ball Super was released). So saying that Pokémon is profitable doesn't preclude that it won't happen. Besides Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, and Sonic continued long after their cartoons got cancelled.

then this would be the first time in 19 years they have done that.. because they are at the end if XY&Z anime

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    tumblr_oae8lujuH71r8sc3ro1_540.png

Pikachu was in the trailer so Ash is confirmed in Next series .
    Hopefully , Ash will still win Kalos league .
    I wish Pokemon SM anime to be a non-perverted version of Gintama without the dirty joke and bloody violence.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Expectations:
    1) Ash wins kalos league
    2) Serena decides to go with ash because thats the reason she started her journey. Clemont realizes that he wants to be a scientist rather than a Gym leader and decides to go with Ash. The Gym is taken care by Clembot and Clemont's father.
    3)Possibly a reunion of all the characters to celebrate ash's victory at the kalos league.
    4)The new female protagonist of the game is Ash's rival (who is capable).
    5) Ash recieves Rotomdex
    6) Ash gets Pikipek and Litten
    7) No more companion shuffling (Its really annoying)

Reality:
    1) Ash may win kalos league or the battle is interrupted.
    2) All character leave after Kalos
    3) Less likely that a reunion will occur (Maybe a side story reunion)
    4) Not likely to happen. The female protagonist is gonna be ash's companion or will not be in the anime (maybe cameos here and there)
    5) 50% chance of getting Rotomdex
    6) 99% Chance of getting Pikipek and 30%(odd) chance of getting Litten
    7) Companion Shuffling is likely to be continued.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I hope Serena does not come to Kalos .
    She should stay behind to follow her dream rather then following an oblivious Boy around for rest of her life .
    Serena has nothing special except her One-side-crush on Ash! She might have become even worst then Iris if she had no affection for Ash.
    If Writer/Director can afford previous girl then they should try their luck with Misty , Dawn or May . Writer just has to make them fall for Ash canonically to replace Serena.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Honestly , I hope Serena does not come to Kalos .
    She should stay behind to follow her dream rather then following an oblivious Boy around for rest of her life .
    Serena has nothing special except her One-side-crush on Ash! She might have become even worst then Iris if she had no affection for Ash.
    If Writer/Director can afford previous girl then they should try their luck with Misty , Dawn or May . Writer just has to make them fall for Ash canonically to replace Serena.

Kalos Queen is just a title right? She wants to be a great pokemon performer which she can do in Alola as well.

Also, if the writers leave Serena in kalos, we would not see her dream progress.So, literally, there is no use of leaving her in Kalos unless they want to dump the Character.
    But, i don't see her coming to Alola.

Reasons She should come to alola:
    1) She has only 3 pokemon
    2)Poppolio might be perfect for serena
    3) In an episode Serena asks ash whether they will be together forever and Ash says yes.
    4) Alola looks like a fun place
    5) They could easily give serena a new costume of the female Protagonist in SM games.
    6) Fan favorite
    7) Cares for ash.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    3) In an episode Serena asks ash whether they will be together forever and Ash says yes.
    5) They could easily give serena a new costume of the female Protagonist in SM games.
    6) Fan favorite
    7) Cares for ash.

1) Iris just got 4 pokemon
    2) And Rowlet must be perfect for Cilan, and he is not return around.
    3) Thats doesnt say anything.
    4) And...?
    5) They could easily do the same for Misty.
    6) Not at all.
    7) All the main girls and boys cares for Ash.

Also, if the writers leave Serena in kalos, we would not see her dream progress.

No one of the ex main girls have her dream progress. Serena is the second best performancer in Kalos, she even can train with Palermo. So, she already doesnt need to follow Ash to Alola, at least she just dump her dream for...a boy...wow, character development.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Kalos Queen is just a title right? She wants to be a great pokemon performer which she can do in Alola as well.

Also, if the writers leave Serena in kalos, we would not see her dream progress.So, literally, there is no use of leaving her in Kalos unless they want to dump the Character.
    But, i don't see her coming to Alola.

6) Fan favorite
    7) Cares for ash.

Kalos queen is not just a name-only title , It present the queen of Kalos in Showcase.
    Serena is asked to be an apprentice of Palermo who happen to be former Kalos queen and mentor of current Kalos queen .
    So , We can see Serena most definitely becoming Kalos queen in future.
    Serena's position is far better then Misty , May or Iris ! We don't know if any one of them is near to fulfilling their goal.
    In fact , We don't even know which region May gone after Jotho or If she ever become Top-coordinator !

1) Tracey had only 3 pokemon but he didn't joined for Jotho ! Plus 2 pokemon is enough for a Pokemon performer but Serena got 3 pokemon.

2) Popplio is even more perfect for Pokemon Contest.

3)That doesn't meant anything ! Ash promised that he will come back Pidgeot but he never did.

4) Alola is much better place for Misty since its a tropical region .

5) But Serena won't look that good!

6) Serena is not as Fan favourite as Misty or May ! She is just popular with Amourshipper.

7) Every Female Companion cared for Ash! Serena is not special just because she hold one-side affection.

8) Pokemon Showcase completely Boring! It less of a competition and more of a Fan-service of Guys ! I rather prefer the Anime bring back Contest since it has everything Showcase has plus Battling. In fact , All Member of this form voted Contest to be better then Showcase.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Kalos queen is not just a name-only title , It present the queen of Kalos in Showcase.
    Serena is asked to be an apprentice of Palermo who happen to be former Kalos queen and mentor of current Kalos queen .
    So , We can see Serena most definitely becoming Kalos queen in future.
    Serena's position is far better then Misty , May or Iris ! We don't know if any one of them is near to fulfilling their goal.
    In fact , We don't even know which region May gone after Jotho or If she ever become Top-coordinator !

1) Tracey had only 3 pokemon but he didn't joined for Jotho ! Plus 2 pokemon is enough for a Pokemon performer but Serena got 3 pokemon.

2) Popplio is even more perfect for Pokemon Contest.

3)That doesn't meant anything ! Ash promised that he will come back Pidgeot but he never did.

4) Alola is much better place for Misty since its a tropical region .

5) But Serena won't look that good!

6) Serena is not as Fan favourite as Misty or May ! She is just popular with Amourshipper.

7) Every Female Companion cared for Ash! Serena is not special just because she hold one-side affection.

8) Pokemon Showcase completely Boring! It less of a competition and more of a Fan-service of Guys ! I rather prefer the Anime bring back Contest since it has everything Showcase has plus Battling. In fact , All Member of this form voted Contest to be better then Showcase.

Agree that contests are better than showcases. Also, i hate that Ash breaks promises.
    I'm convinced that she won't got to alola (99%). I'm just hoping for that 1% to happen since i'm tired of companion shuffling.

Also, that gives me another expectation that will never be a reality
    8) Bring Back Pidgeot

No one of the ex main girls have her dream progress. Serena is the second best performancer in Kalos, she even can train with Palermo. So, she already doesnt need to follow Ash to Alola, at least she just dump her dream for...a boy...wow, character development.

I'm not saying she should give up her dream.They can give her another region before sending her back to kalos.
    No just serena, I like the whole XY companion Roster more than others (Just beating the original trio).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Agree that contests are better than showcases. Also, i hate that Ash breaks promises.
    I'm convinced that she won't got to alola (99%). I'm just hoping for that 1% to happen since i'm tired of companion shuffling.

Also, that gives me another expectation that will never be a reality
    8) Bring Back Pidgeot

I don't want any possibility of Serena in SM Series ! I do not want another series with her boring personality.

I wish for Rosa to appear as Ash's love-interest in SM series !
    She had the best design yet she can't appear in Anime because writers were too freaking busy with their precious Trip.

I want a New Love-interest for Ash in Pokemon SM Series who's prettier then May and Really hard to get.
    Its not impossible to create a girl who hard to Get ! Writers just need to create someone socially superior then Ash and other girls.
    However , It would be extremely hard to create a girl prettier then May.
    I'm not saying she should give up her dream.They can give her another region before sending her back to kalos.
    No just serena, I like the whole XY companion Roster more than others (Just beating the original trio).
    Serena's Dream is to become Kalos queen , Not Alola queen!
    So she has to stay in Kalos or else the sacrifice of hair will be useless .

The XY Group is nothing compare to Original trio , In fact XY group is probably the most BORING group of the series. It was like Ash traveling with his personal Fan club.
    Original Trio was the Best because they were hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I don't want any possibility of Serena in SM Series ! I do not want another series with her boring personality.

I wish for Rosa to appear as Ash's love-interest in SM series !
    She had the best design yet she can't appear in Anime because writers were too freaking busy with their precious Trip.

I want a New Love-interest for Ash in Pokemon SM Series who's prettier then May and Really hard to get.
    Its not impossible to create a girl who hard to Get ! Writers just need to create someone socially superior then Ash and other girls.
    However , It would be extremely hard to create a girl prettier then May.
    Serena's Dream is to become Kalos queen , Not Alola queen!
    So she has to stay in Kalos or else the sacrifice of hair will be useless .

The XY Group is nothing compare to Original trio , In fact XY group is probably the most BORING group of the series. It was like Ash traveling with his personal Fan club.
    Original Trio was the Best because they were hilarious.
    Serena could gain experience or catch one or two pokemons in alola and come back to kalos. XY group is boring-Thats your opinion.Opinions differ. So, i'm not arguing.Kanto was good but by the time Johto's second season started, the group became boring (Just my opinion).
    Also misty's roster has lots of pokemon which didn't recieve any development.They could have made her to get Kingdra (Horsea evolving). She did receive a Gyarados but it was after she left the main cast. So, yeah, misty might come to Alola but chances are less likely. But given the fact that she regularly visits pallette town (as of BW where Oak mentions misty), we might see her appearing.
    Also its nice to have companions who compliment Ash since BW was all about insulting ash and projecting him as an immature trainer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Serena could gain experience or catch one or two pokemons in alola and come back to kalos. XY group is boring-Thats your opinion.Opinions differ. So, i'm not arguing.Kanto was good but by the time Johto's second season started, the group became boring (Just my opinion).
    Also misty's roster has lots of pokemon which didn't recieve any development.They could have made her to get Kingdra (Horsea evolving). She did receive a Gyarados but it was after she left the main cast. So, yeah, misty might come to Alola but chances are less likely. But given the fact that she regularly visits pallette town (as of BW where Oak mentions misty), we might see her appearing.
    Also its nice to have companions who compliment Ash since BW was all about insulting ash and projecting him as an immature trainer

Serena is not a battler who has to battle to gain experience!
    She is a performer who has to practice dancing with her pokemon while using moves.
    Something she can do without traveling.
    In fact , Training with Palermo is much better then randomly traveling in Alola!
    Since Palamor was a former kalos queen and mentor of current queen So Serena can improve much better with her.

Create a poll and you will see that Original trio getting more vote.
    Also , I want to see Ash with more Realistic friends who would help him but won't stop from making fun of him on Alola.
    The fact that Ash is so nice to Serena and Clemont , Proves that they are not very close with Ash.

Back