• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Sunday 7/19

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
  • Thanks for the links, Lily. =D

Well, it's awesome that the Ho-Oh/Lugia battles each have their own theme: makes it seem more epic. Although, as much as I like Ho-Oh, I can't help but feel it's always getting shafted in the animation department; Ho-Oh just vibrates while Lugia flaps its wings and flies around a bit. =/

I'm also wondering why they turned the Burned Tower basement around by 90 degrees, but eh, it works. Glad the full extent of the Crystal plotline with Suicune seems to be in, but I can't tell if their battle theme from Crystal is remixed or if it's a new theme.

And it's cool that the Ariados thing in Bugsy's gym moves. I wonder if you control it, or if it just pushes you in a random/set direction?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Aw man, I wanted to post Filb's. :[

Anyways, that was simply amazing!
    No I definitely can't wait to play the game, or hopefully import from Japan. ;D

I'm glad the Legends got their own music, as well. I'm looking forward to seeing updates on Celebi.
    Nintendo has simply outdone themselves, so far, imo.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • 20090719_ps249_preview1.jpg

Hmm Kanto gets hidden until 8 gyms and wow the folder is gone before then. Coincidence?

Years
  • Whitney's gym looks much better. I'm glad the Clefairy pattern is more noticeable now. I'm assuming it's still in her party along with her amazing Miltank.

I think Bugsy should have a Spinarak or a level 15 Ariados (even though it evolves at level 22). Those cool moving spiders (Spinaraks) on a web look pretty cool. I think we'll have to make them go in a straight line to advance to the other side.

I did not notice that the path leading to Kanto was missing, thanks for pointing it out Todoroki. I like the mini face sprite of the new playable female on there. Maybe there will be Pokemon blocking the lake near the character's house. Once the 8th gym is beaten, the Pokemon will go away. Then, we can go into Kanto.

Years
  • Entei's animation was a let down, and ho-oh's.
    Lugia's was great, it flapped its wings :D
    i also really like how the dogs actually RAN away, instead of bouncing away. (i swear i could see their legs moving like they were running)
    + the arceus event looks amazing, with a lot of crazy thrown in too :)

if, as you say, theres going to be a lot of stuff next week, i really cannot wait (i've already forgotten what the previews contained... *sigh*)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Ah its great to see filb.de uploaded the video, I cant believe I missed all the previews for next week!

Oh and I already explained how bugsy's puzzle worked when the scan came out
    bugsysgym.png

Its one of those puzzles where the machines go forward and whenever they meet a turning they take it.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • The gyms look totally sick. I can't wait to ride on those spiders, haha. I am loving everything shown here. The Arceus scene looks outstanding. It sort of made sense as it was and I think it was incredible. As much as I'd like to get the japanese version, I think I'll wait till the US one. Wow, this game looks amazing. 0_0

Fingers crossed for Kanto news next week. :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I love how both birds have respective themes now. I also love how Lugia not only gets a better battle animation but a better theme.

Back