• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Looks like the first Pokémon ROM Hack I play in 2020 will be this! Can't wait.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I've been waiting for this. Thanks for following through relatively soon.

What is the post-game map based on in terms of Japan? It doesn't seem to be part of the Shikoku island.

I hope that "Kanto" is referred to as "Kanto City" and that it functions as a miniature version, but I understand if you chose to be faithful to the naming in the demo.

Stats and movepools would be appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I'm on the same boat, kinda stuck after the 4th badge and the fat guy who doesn't let you pass. Guess you will have to search for that rocket guy all over the world.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I'm on the same boat, kinda stuck after the 4th badge and the fat guy who doesn't let you pass. Guess you will have to search for that rocket guy all over the world.

The rocket with the key is in the rocket hideout house in honto town

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh man, oh man! I started playing this last night and I am already 3 badges in! A ROM hack which aimed to recreate the space world demo was the first concept that popped into my head when the demo was leaked. Thank you so much for this! It honestly feels like I am playing through a super Gameboy skin of Gold and Silver.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I've been waiting for this. Thanks for following through relatively soon.

What is the post-game map based on in terms of Japan? It doesn't seem to be part of the Shikoku island.

I hope that "Kanto" is referred to as "Kanto City" and that it functions as a miniature version, but I understand if you chose to be faithful to the naming in the demo.

Stats and movepools would be appreciated.

Stats and movepools would be helpful, yeah.

Also having a move relearner would be hugely helpful even if that didnt technically exist until Ruby and Sapphire. I say this because a few pokemon I have didnt learn moves they should have after evolving (My Hitmontop didnt learn Triple Kick for example). Plus a relearner of sorts DID exist as a reward for completion of the gym leader's castle back in Pokemon Stadium 2 as you could learn any move a pokemon has forgotten or havent learned after reaching the appropriate level after defeating Lance.

Also where do I find the Rock Smash TM? Its no where I've been so far and I feel I should have found it on account of the rock smash boulders blocking a few areas, and I have no idea where Pryce is.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Bug/Glitch Report: When I enter Endon cave and open up the menu to swap out my Pokemon, the menu seems to automatically close itself. I tried saving the game as well as opening up the Pokegear and the same thing happens.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Another thing that I would improve about Gold 97 is that instead of including Leaders that weren't in the beta like Pryce, I would rather keep the beta Leaders and have new sprites for them (like the Ghost one in the town with Agatha) to be more faithful to the vision. Also, Agatha should introduce herself as such, rather than be a NPC that just talks about whirlpools.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I knew it was matter of time for someone to make this happen. I'm eager to play it. I'll comment later my overall opinion and bugs if are found.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    Trade Stones and Poison Stones and also be bought in the Kanto Department Store for $2100

Edit: Just beat the Elite Four! This was pretty fun. I'm interested in exploring the post game content I'll probably end up posting my thoughts later!

Team I beat the Elite Four with:
    Anchorage Level 43 (Don't want to evolve it lol.)
    Nidoking Level 37
    Dragonair Level 33
    Dynabear Level 44
    Curpan Level 54
    Hoothoot Level 15... lol (Was meant to be Raitora Level 38)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    By all rights, this is a fairly impressive accomplishment, getting the entire demo region functional.

However...it's clearly in need of some polishing.

Issues discovered so far:
    - The BSTs for some Pokémon are not what they should be. It seems odd that Dynabear and Aquarius each only have one stat with a base of 100 or higher, when all Starter Pokémon in the official games except for Serperior and Incineroar have two or three stats that high. Also, Leafeon, Tangrowth and Lickilicky's BSTs don't match their official BST despite taking the official version's name instead of using the beta version's name (though looking at Leafeon it was clearly a deliberate choice to mess with BSTs to make them weaker or stronger). As for the Legendary Beast Trio, IMO their BSTs should be edited to match those from the demo, since they're among the few that had clearly defined, not placeholder stats there.
    - Speaking of Tangrowth, you didn't properly edit its moveset. It still has starting moves taken from the Pokémon it replaces, Furret (Scratch, Defense Curl, and Quick Attack), instead of deriving its Stone-induced limited level up learnset from Tangela.
    - Lickilicky's name has a typo.
    - There is one Item Ball inside Mt. Fuji placed in a location that is evidently impossible to reach without cheating.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Can someone pls tell me, is madame an evoultion of farfetchd and if yes, how to evolve it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I got a call from Juggler Irwin he speaks about Ecruteak City because I had beat Morty. Can you change this to Birdon Town? Not sure if you've touched any of the other calls that mention place names.

Back