• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Hey, fantastic hack! I've wanted to play a playable version of the Spaceworld demo (which was supposed to be translated by some group but they never did).

Anyway I have three bug reports:

- When catching a Pokemon, it displays its Pokedex entry, but it immediately displays the second page of its entry, without showing the first page whatsoever. Looking at the entry later manually displays it without problems.
    - You're using three dots (". . .") to show an ellipsis in text, but Gen2 has its own symbol for ellipsis, and you should use that. (The original dialogs do use it, so it's fairly easy to notice when it's new/reused dialog).
    - Speaking of which, Crystal had a mistake that showed Japanese ellipsis in dialogs in battles, instead of the regular ellipsis. You can fix that as well.

Anyway great work!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • You can get a Poison Stone at the Game Corner for 800 coins.

Also, where did you find a Eevee? been looking for 1 for ages

Ayee! Thank you for the heads up! Eevee can be found in the grass around the route where the daycare is located.

Question: Guys, is Pyrce in the deep sea/Underwater passage cave or is he around North island? I'm very sure I explored both of these areas and I didn't find him. Did I miss out on something?

Last edited:

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • I was hoping someone would make a romhack like this! I played a bit and I really like it so far. Exploring beta Johto is really cool. It almost feels like I'm playing Pokémon Gold for the first time again. Kudos to you.
    One thing I noticed is that the spaceworld demo had different type matchups like normal being SE against dark and water being SE against steel, but it doesn't seem to be the case in this romhack. Are you planning on implementing this at some point?

Years
    • Seen today
    YEAH. Halfway through I began to feel a bit let down. Plus why have the national park so late in the game and with it the bug catching contest? The pokemon levels should have been scaled up to compensate but that wasn't done.

The pokemon recieved from the two eggs obtained as gifts have critically low base stats unless you get a shiny one (as shinies in G/S/C had higher stat totals than non-shiny at the time)

some pokemon should have at least some of the moves they can learn in future gens (ones that existed in gen 1 and 2 I mean but were unable to be learned in those gens) such as Dig on Kingler (gained as an egg move from gen 3 onward before becoming a TM move eventually) to name one example.

No sign of a battle tower or similar facility hurts replay value post game.

There are other issues too but I cant remember them all at the moment.

I really don't think that's the hacker's fault but the stupid design decisions of GF at the time with a lot of the stuff not present here. I see why this thing was scrapped and started over halfway through. Lugia & Celebi not being here feels weird to me too as without them, there's few legendaries & mythicals which also hurts the post-game. In a way, the final version is always going to be superior to whatever this mess would've been.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I really don't think that's the hacker's fault but the stupid design decisions of GF at the time with a lot of the stuff not present here. I see why this thing was scrapped and started over halfway through. Lugia & Celebi not being here feels weird to me too as without them, there's few legendaries & mythicals which also hurts the post-game. In a way, the final version is always going to be superior to whatever this mess would've been.

True I realize that now.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Can someone please tell me if Umbreon has new stats as well as a level up set since it's a poison type? Also, does anyone know here the TMs for toxic and curse are located? Thank you!

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I'd hardly call it a stupid decision. The game was meant to be less of a departure from RGB than GS ended up being, and technically it's possible that the demo build is from mid-97 and doesn't fully reflect the intended 98 release. You'd think that Silver would have had a mascot, for one thing. The thing I'm most glad they changed for the final release is the amount of babies, and turning Kanto into a (mostly in tact) post-game region.

As for the hack, I'm taking my time with it. It's very fun, but I don't like how Silver's music doesn't fit his dialogue, or how adult Bugsy is in the gym that was clearly intended for Whitney (according to the index numbers, but maybe the interior of the gym was really Azalea-like?). Apparently, Pryce and Chuck(?) are included at the expense of Okera and Blue (not the rival, possibly the original name for Red). While incorporating the latter would have required taking artistic liberties, why force this hack to be like GSC? I hope that the Team Rocket story involves Imposter Oak and Giovanni, at least.

Another complaint is that I don't understand what the post-game island is supposed to be based on. The region is Japan-based, so it shouldn't be hard to guess. Anyway, you might want to add a Battle Tower and events for the Kanto legendaries (hardly anyone is going to use the Time Capsule even if it's functional).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Where do I find Rock Smash and the coin case in this game?

Edit: found where the coin case was, just to get Rock Smash now

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    Can someone tell me how to get Whitney to her gym? I found the little girl, so I thought maybe I had to interact with Whitney again in the mine, but she is not there. Suggestions?

Edit: Found the aquarium. Must need to go there first.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Can someone tell me how to get Whitney to her gym? I found the little girl, so I thought maybe I had to interact with Whitney again in the mine, but she is not there. Suggestions?

Edit: Found the aquarium. Must need to go there first.

I have no idea where this little girl is. I'm lost in the mine

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    Stuck after the 4th gym. I beat the gym and I helped Oak vs team rocket in the well. Now I am unsure of where to go

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I think you're confusing this with Space World Crystal. I can't find the source code for this hack anywhere.

It evolves at level 25. Was 30 before, but has been changed. The source is out there, but this website won't let me post any links yet

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Stuck after the 4th gym. I beat the gym and I helped Oak vs team rocket in the well. Now I am unsure of where to go

Make sure you've gotten surf from the guy in the house next to the well, and that you've gone over to the south point docks and defeated team rocket. After that is when you go east from birdon.

Back