• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I started this ROM hack a few days ago, and I have to say I really love it so far! I've hoped and hoped someone would make a game out of the beta material sooner or later, and so far this one is delivering the goods I was wishing for!

I can't help but feel however.. that the music (I know is from the official G/S/C games) ought to have a more RBGY feel/vibe/sound instead being that the '97 demo ROM used music from Gen 1 in it, notably Viridian City's music and the Gym Leader battle theme for both wild Pokemon battles and trainer battles.
    Perhaps another ROM patch could be made to incorporate Gen 1 music in instead of the Gen 2 finalized music? It would be more accurate to the demo ROM.. just a thought.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2020
    Been playing this hack for a few days and I'm loving it. It's letting me feel the experience of playing through the the old gameboy games for the first time again! I do have a question though, where is the HM for Fly? I just beat team Rocket on the ship and figured I should be getting it soon because of all of the back and fourth I'm doing. I just don't want to miss it and have to go all the way back to that island. Thank you.

Years
    I really liked playing this hack; I managed to finish with a full team of (six) betamon: Dynabear, Madame, Raitora, Grotess, Warfaru (my team's MVP) and Pluckross.

@AttackCadillac: you get HM 02 in Nutype City, from a sailor in the cafe, on the southwestern part of the city. (Fitting, since Nutype Gym's badge enables it.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2020
    Hey guys, how can I get:
    - Snorlax
    - Pinsir
    - Scyther
    - Aerodactyl
    - Eevee

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    when i saved last night for some reason when i came back to this game my save file is been nowhere seen

Years
    Hi guys, any luck on playing this on a EDGBA? Goomba doesn't seem to play nice with it, tiles all disappear whenever you speak to someone, game doesn't save, etc. Going to try it on my EDGB tomorrow, the problem is I don't have a RTC for that one.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi guys, any luck on playing this on a EDGBA? Goomba doesn't seem to play nice with it, tiles all disappear whenever you speak to someone, game doesn't save, etc. Going to try it on my EDGB tomorrow, the problem is I don't have a RTC for that one.

Goomba doesn't play Crystal or hacks of crystal well at all for some reason. Gold/Silver play fine and save fine. Also, for me, I had to save in game, and then use the goomba menu to exit for it to actually save.

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone explain what the difference is between Legacy Gold 97 and Super Gold 97?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the first post changed and showed the differences.

I'm playing Super Gold 97 at the moment and I beat Bugsy so far.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    All evolutionary stones/items can be obtained between the Kanto department store, the Kanto Game Corner, and the Boardwalk game corner. Also, anyone who's started in Super Gold 97, make sure to get the 1.02 update I just posted, it fixes a number of issues.

Luna

Protector of Zig Lagoon
    Years
    Glad to see you switched to Pokegold for this new version. Just downloaded the new version, looking forward to checking it out.

Years
    Goomba doesn't play Crystal or hacks of crystal well at all for some reason. Gold/Silver play fine and save fine. Also, for me, I had to save in game, and then use the goomba menu to exit for it to actually save.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to use my EDGB to play this- only issue is my cart doesn't have a RTC, so I have to manually reset the time each time I play it. Is there an easy way to reset the clock with this hack?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Horsea can be found surfing in certain places in the Whirl Islands

Yes, you can reset the time on the title screen with down + select + b

Back