• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Just finished the 6th gym, really enjoying this hack so far; the beta mons are really fun to use and hunt down, the region is surprisingly intricate, feeling like a very natural sequel to Kanto with plenty of secrets and optional areas, there's a nice level of challenge, and, while the creator is very modest about the story they've created, I think elements of it (particularly Team Rocket's involvement) have actually been handled better than final GSC. Will probably post my fuller thoughts once I've beaten the E4. Anyway, just wanted to report a quick visual bug which may have already been caught; if you surf north of Koban Island (think that's the name, it's where the Dragon's Maw is), you see a bunch of glitched town tiles beyond the rocks. Doesn't seem to cause any gameplay issues though. I have taken a screenshot, but can't post it in the thread because I've made less than 5 posts. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

The bug you reported is now fixed in v1.14

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I will say that some of the Headbutt trees below Blue Forest on the right side can't be Headbutted; that might need to be looked into as well as any other Headbutt tree tiles that can't be Headbutted, wherever they may be.
    The main sticking point that I have that I think hinders this hack is the amount of backtracking before you ever come across the Fly HM.. walking and biking across the Nihon region is a longer chore than it needs to be IMO.
    I haven't come across Pluckross yet, anyone have a clue where this Pokémon is found?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2023
    This hack has piqued my interest. Question though; How far is Super Gold '97? Is it complete, or is there more work to be done yet?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    This hack is great and perfect but will there be any more updates after version 1.14?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    Hi Lvl_3

I love the rom hack so far and would it be possible to add the Running Pikachu mini game that plays in the intro from the Spaceworld demo and make the tile screen more like the demo (i.e add the fire and muisc notes). It was just an thought i had when playing Super Gold 97 and it would be cool to see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Was all Elite Four Members changed to Original Prototype?

Prototype | Final
    ---------------------------
    Giovanni | Will
    Bruno | Koga
    Misty | Bruno
    Lorelei | Karen

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    Great hack, I totally love it (super gold 97) but one bug or glitch I found, idk if it's been fixed but when I go to use a heart stone or whatever it is to evolve eevee into espeon. It says it's not compatible but still lets eevee evolve. Also where do I catch lickittongue, sorry for my bad spelling.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Great hack, I totally love it (super gold 97) but one bug or glitch I found, idk if it's been fixed but when I go to use a heart stone or whatever it is to evolve eevee into espeon. It says it's not compatible but still lets eevee evolve. Also where do I catch lickittongue, sorry for my bad spelling.

Thanks for finding that! It's fixed now in version 1.15

Lickitung can be found on Route 110 or in the interior area of Tropical Island

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How do I get a hold of Rock Smash and Whirlpool HMs? I've made it to Blue Forest and found Pryce in the ice cave and he said he'd go see his family for a visit. I feel stuck and lost.

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You need to trek back to the town with the ancient Unown tower/waterfall and go into the top left house with the man and his Pokemon outside of it, that's a Rocket hideout. Talk to the Rocket grunt to the left by the TV/table, fight him, and he'll give you the key.

Years
    You need to trek back to the town with the ancient Unown tower/waterfall and go into the top left house with the man and his Pokemon outside of it, that's a Rocket hideout. Talk to the Rocket grunt to the left by the TV/table, fight him, and he'll give you the key.

Thanks for the info, I thought I already searched that area but looks like I missed it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    I just finished the 8th badges. Will I be able to see Ken the brother from update 2.0 or I missed it ?

CadmiumRED

Johto Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Again I feel stuck and I need help on what to do. I found Pryce in the ice cave above Blue Forest, but I don't have Rock Smash and Whirlpool and I believe I need both of them. How do I get them? Please help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2020
    hey just curious is there a phys/spec split in this like in gen 4 onward? I wanted to be sure since theres no indication of one. Its ok if there isnt but I wanted to ask since some of the actual canon species have attacks that dont match their stats they cant make use of otherwise.

Probably not, since from what I seen from this game, the creator wanted to keep it Gen1/2/2B to the max.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Again I feel stuck and I need help on what to do. I found Pryce in the ice cave above Blue Forest, but I don't have Rock Smash and Whirlpool and I believe I need both of them. How do I get them? Please help!

You don't need them yet. The cave you found Pryce in has a north exit to a town with his family. Talk to him there and he'll return to the gym and come back after you beat him to get Whirlpool from his wife

Back