• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Tried again and it still doesn't work, the notes appears, the game restart and start normally. I'm on 6.04 version.

Strange. I am on 6.04, too. I built it from git yesterday, but I also just tried the patch on 3 different roms I had. It works every time. I'm waiting about a minute, then the game seems to restart, but starts into the minigame after the logo. I made sure to not touch any key at all after pressing left + B, until the minigame is on screen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I try to find qwilfish in route 119 with super rod, but i fish onl y krabby, staryu and kingler. Is that the correct route? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    I use PizzaBoy (paid version) on Android, maybe the problem comes from the emulator. I will test with another one.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    I'm really loving this romhack right now. This is actually kind of a dream come true to be able to play these lost versions of those classic games. So, thank you very much for making this.

There is only one thing I need to do to make this playthrough perfect which is finding a Turban. Ever since childhood, I always wondered about that creature on Slowbro's tail and I remember many conversations with childhood friends about how we wondered if we'd ever be able to see that one as a standalone Pokémon in a future game.

I still haven't found one yet though. I went through this thread and tried both locations - 5th floor of the Boulder Mine and 2nd floor of the Slowpoke Well - mentioned here for the last full hour.
    Is there anything I'm missing here? Is it tied to a specific time of day maybe? I've been trying in the morning so far with no luck.

- Matt

EDIT: Okay, 15 more minutes did the trick and I was able to finally find one in the Slowpoke Well. 8 year old me would not believe this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2021
    This makes me so happy

Attachments

• Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)
      20210113_161401.jpg
      868.5 KB · Views: 23
    • 20210113_163522.mp4
      14.6 MB
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2021
    Hi. Thanks for creating this game. You are fantastic. I really like it. Could you tell me where I can find the traveling dolls salesman you mentioned? I still can't find him. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Hi. Thanks for creating this game. You are fantastic. I really like it. Could you tell me where I can find the traveling dolls salesman you mentioned? I still can't find him. Thanks :)

Thank you very much!

Here are the locations of the doll salesman:
    Monday - In the passage to the Westport Docks
    Tuesday - In the gate between Route 118 and Sunpoint City
    Wednesday - In the gate between Route 105 and 106 (Next to Jade Forest)
    Thursday - In the passage to the Teknos Docks
    Friday - In the passage to the Amami Docks
    Saturday - In the gate between Ryukyu City and Urasoe Park
    Sunday - Doll Salesman does not appear on Sunday

Make sure your game is up to date, he only appears in v2.10 or later!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2021
    Haha I couldn't find him, because it was Sunday in the game. Thank you so much. Wish you all the best :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    Just wondering, are there any working gameshark codes for this? For like max money or items and such?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2021
    Where can I find sunmola? I really want to use one but I dont know where it is

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2021
    Hi! First of all, congrats on this great game. I have been having a blast with it since I played the legacy version back in May/June! I liked it so much I just had to play again to fill the Dex and Super Gold is definitely the definitive Spaceworld game for me.

I am currently filling the Pokédex and I could use some help, though. The only thing related to the game that I've been longing for is a sheet with the locations for all Pokémon, but I've been figuring that out and it's been fun. However, I'm stuck with Clefairy. The dex pinpoints its habitat in the route east of Sunpoint City but it just won't appear no matter what I do. I've been in that route during morning, day and night and it simply won't show up. Am I doing something wrong?

Another doubt: could you tell me where the trade NPCs are? I really don't feel like talking to every NPC in the game all over again in the same save lol

I'm in 6.04. I know there's been some versions since then but I've seen it's been mostly graphical fixes, thus I haven't updated yet.

Thanks again for this great game! This has made me remember what was so good about Pokémon after Sword and Shield.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I am currently filling the Pokédex and I could use some help, though.

Checking nihon_grass.asm tells me its a rare encounter on route 118 at night.

Trades are (hope I got the order right) requested mon, offered mon:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Checking nihon_grass.asm tells me its a rare encounter on route 118 at night.

This is correct, only appears at night in the grass on that route, 5% chance.

I've been sort of planning on putting together some sort of guide with the information that people would most be looking for (pokemon stats, catch locations, item locations, a general walkthrough) but I haven't gotten around to that yet. A lot of information can be found just from looking through the github though, especially in the data/wild folder.

Hi, I have a question that maybe has been answered already...Is there a 253 pokemon? Because when I order my pokedex in "new pokedex" it says I have not seen, or catch, something between Marril and Bomsheal, but when I order it in "old pokedex" mode, nothing seems to be missing. I checked the sprites and I think I caught all of them, even Lugia who wasn't there, and that got me thinking maybe Celebi is here or something? Anyways, is somebody knows who I'm missing, could you tell me who and were to catch him?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Hi, I have a question that maybe has been answered already...Is there a 253 pokemon? Because when I order my pokedex in "new pokedex" it says I have not seen, or catch, something between Marril and Bomsheal, but when I order it in "old pokedex" mode, nothing seems to be missing. I checked the sprites and I think I caught all of them, even Lugia who wasn't there, and that got me thinking maybe Celebi is here or something? Anyways, is somebody knows who I'm missing, could you tell me who and were to catch him?

You are in the wrong thread, you're looking for Spaceworld 97 Reforged. These are not the same games. Super Gold 97 only has 251 Pokemon.

Back