• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    I was a little surprised to find that there were no current threads about this on here.. Does no one think the game will be any good? I've played Mystery Dungeon Blue as well as Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and LOVED them. I never played Gates to Infinity because I heard that it wasn't very good... Is that true? From what I've read about Super Mystery Dungeon, it seems good even though I haven't really seen much on it. Does anyone know if it is any good? I know that it's already released in Japan. I am hoping it's a little like the first two.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Mystery Dungeon, it being a spin-off, and with the failure of Gates, kind of gets the short end of the stick as far as popularity goes. I know that a good number of people are getting the game here, and there are core players who follow the game with a magnifying glass (me :3). When it was announced there was some hype, so it's not dead to everyone xD

I have no idea how it's doing in Japan, Not that I really want to of course. I dont want to spoil it for myself. It's just a waiting game at this point, and I expect that there will be more threads once the game comes out in 5 days. We can only hope it turns out well!

Years
  • Definitly getting this when it comes out in Europe... WICH TAKES FOREVER!

February 19th does seem like ages but then we have to consider that there's a lot of translation that needs to be done for languages over there.

Sadly, me and my Australian cohorts will be the last ones to get the game because it comes out on February 20th here (only one day later than EU but still it means we're last), meaning tons of us will have to steer clear of the internet for around 3 months if we want to avoid spoilers from American and Japanese players.

The gaps between Japan, US and EU/Australia release for this game are just way too staggering. Sure, there's translation to consider but still, other Pokemon games haven't had such huge gaps between release dates compared to this.

Last edited:

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • Picked my preorder up from Gamestop on my way home from school! :D

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

I also found an Amaura plushie to my surprise {D:} I wasn't aware there were official ones out there, but I didn't hesitate a second to get it~ ♥♥♥

Anywho, I'm so excited to get started! This looks to be the best, and most-expansive MD since EoS :)

Years
  • never been even remotely interested in any MD.. but this one sparked my attention. i might try it. Gonna look into some reviews and lets plays...

share your thoughts for those that picked it up.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got the game today and I'm still doing the personality test. I got Mudkip, just like in Blue Rescue team, on my first try. After I refused it, I had a look at each of the starters' starting moves and I was surprised at some of the selections, like Tepig getting Flamethrower earlier and Mudkip having Mud Bomb.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I got the game today and I'm still doing the personality test. I got Mudkip, just like in Blue Rescue team, on my first try. After I refused it, I had a look at each of the starters' starting moves and I was surprised at some of the selections, like Tepig getting Flamethrower earlier and Mudkip having Mud Bomb.

I also noticed Pikachu's stats were higher than the rest. I know it is a middle evolution, but still!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I also noticed Pikachu's stats were higher than the rest. I know it is a middle evolution, but still!

Are you sure with this? Because core game logics cannot be applied to PMD.

When I played PMD Red Rescue Team, my Pikachu's stat was actually a little lower than my partner Charmander.

But then and again, they might have changed the mechanics. XD

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Are you sure with this? Because core game logics cannot be applied to PMD.

When I played PMD Red Rescue Team, my Pikachu's stat was actually a little lower than my partner Charmander.

But then and again, they might have changed the mechanics. XD

It was by 3-4 points in certain stats. The other stats were the same though. I should have taken a picture to compare.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It was by 3-4 points in certain stats. The other stats were the same though. I should have taken a picture to compare.

They might have amended it for our favorite mascot. -sarcasm tone for the rodent-

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I had a fun time with the personality quiz, I get to be a mudkip and my partner is a torchic. It feels like playing ORAS again since Mudkip was my starter and I get to see Rayquaza and Deoxys in space.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • never been even remotely interested in any MD.. but this one sparked my attention. i might try it. Gonna look into some reviews and lets plays...

share your thoughts for those that picked it up.
    This is exactly where I came from in terms of PMD; however, I picked it up the other day on a random shopping spree, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't realize how difficult it'd be for those of us that like rushing through. The music is absolutely incredible. For this to be my first experience, I couldn't recommend it more. I have no idea where the plot's going (a good thing), and it can seem repetitive sometimes (there's a lot of pokemon to connect with), but overall it's been grand. I was a bit caught off-guard by connecting with a Lv. 50 so early on, but it's kind of like the EXP Share in a way, a function for those that are struggling or want to speed things up. Anyway, just thought you could use two cents from somebody with a similar background. Cheers.

Years
  • I had a fun time with the personality quiz, I get to be a mudkip and my partner is a torchic.

The good thing with the personality test in this game compared to the DS instalments is that even if your answers land on a starter you don't like, you can always pick a different one so that way you don't need to be the starter the game picks for you.

Back