• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tattoos?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't think a pokemon tattoo would be all too cool. If I got one, it would be small, probably usually covered up. Why? I won't always like pokemon, why brand myself with it forever?

As for the image you suggested, I think it would work, I actually rather like it, haha.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I know a few people with them. One has a tattoo of Pikachu because she has the largest collection of Pikachu items. Someone else I know recently got a Master Ball tattoo that matched her friend's.

Personally, I'd like one. I know what I'd like to get and where: a Flygon in the colors of dark gray, light gray, and orange on my left arm. I've been wanting that for a while, but haven't actually gotten the artwork done or any serious research. (Mainly because I'm getting it done when I move to a different state, so no point researching for parlors now.)

While I may not always like Pokemon as a whole, the image combines a variety of things that I will always love, and signifies an important part of my life.

Years
  • I don't have a pokemon tattoo. Me only being 16 it's illigal to have any tattoo but i do want a tattoo of the pokemon R/B/G/Y player overworld on one side of my body like an ankle or wrist or arm or something to that effect and then have the G/S/C overworld sprite on the alternate side :P
    I'm going to wait until i'm 18 and if i still want that design i'll get it.

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    Im 14, so no :)

It would be cool to have a Pikachu though

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I'm 20. And I will always like Pokemon. It's just a part of me. A HUUUGE part of my childhood. :) I'm excited for my tattoo. I Will post pictures when i get it. 8)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    this reminds me from when i was a little kid and i always got those pokemon coloring books that came with pokemon stickers and pokemon washable tattoos xD

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Does anybody here have any Pokemon tattoos? I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and i have my mind set to it being a pokemon tattoo, i'm just not exactly sure which one. I Really like this, but my mind is still not made up.
    https://th03.deviantart.net/fs29/300W/i/2008/093/b/7/pikachu_with_pokeball_by_shiroiwolf.jpg
    :D
    I love that, I think it'll make an awesome tattoo. Where are you going to get it on your body?

I know a few people with them. One has a tattoo of Pikachu because she has the largest collection of Pikachu items. Someone else I know recently got a Master Ball tattoo that matched her friend's.
    I saw the Master Ball on the Pokemon community on LiveJournal. Pretty awesome.

As for me, I don't have a Pokemon tattoo but maybe someday, if I still like Pokemon in the next few years. I think I'd either get a plain Pokeball, a Pikachu, or a Meowth because of my love of Team Rocket. xD Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood so I wouldn't regret getting it even if I lost interest later on in life. My next tattoo is going to be a Mario mushroom though. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm against the idea of a tattoo, personally, just because I can't even use stickers without wondering all paranoid whether I'd be happy with where I put them, so getting something permanent on my body? Yeah, I'd probably be absolutely fine with a Pokémon tattoo, but I don't want to risk it. XD;

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I love that, I think it'll make an awesome tattoo. Where are you going to get it on your body?

On my right wrist. :) and, yes. i've thought about Meowth, too. or a big R. Team Rocket was my childhood heroes. I Love them, dearly. :)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think Pokémon tattoos are cool but I'm personally against having one on my body. I don't mind them, but I just don't want a tattoo on body (that's always been my mentality). However seeing as you want one, I think you should go for something unique and with a deep meaning, not just some random scribble that will stay on your body for the rest of your life.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • On my right wrist. :) and, yes. i've thought about Meowth, too. or a big R. Team Rocket was my childhood heroes. I Love them, dearly. :)
    If I ever get a Pokemon tattoo, I'll probably get something like that, related to TR without actually having Jessie or James themselves, lmao. That'd be a little too much. Be sure to post pictures when you get yours! :D

Years
  • I`d never get a Pokemon tattoo. I do have a tattoo which I drew myself and represents a deep meaning to me, however, getting a tattoo just because I played this game or watched the show as a kid doesn`t seem like a good idea to me.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If I was to get a Pokémon tattoo I think I would get the Team Rocket "R" with James's rose lying next to it. :)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I think they are pretty badass. Honestly, I don't like tattoos, but if I got one, it'd probably be, well, nerdy. Or maybe just something pretty like a Glacidea flower. You can always have them removed but it is expensive and there is currently a chance for scarring. It's up to you though and if you won't regret it, then go ahead. ^_^

I like the big R because you can always invent other meanings for it. The image in your OP is really nice and I think it would make for a cute tattoo, but you might want to ask the artist if you can use it. Just a suggestion. ^^;

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • yes, i plan on asking the artist's permission first. i'm just trying to figure out exactly what i want. maybe a few, at different times, like a big, red R, then a little Meowth, a little Weezing, then a little Arbok. i don't know. i REALLY gotta think this one out, haha. if anybody has ideas, or is a good artist, and gets bored, i welcome sketchs/ideas. :) I Really like Clefairy, too. i really don't know. i know somebody who's getting Pichu, and somebody else who's getting some Clefairys, with a Clefable in a spaceship, haha. I Don't know. Any suggestions? :)

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • I want a Pokemon tattoo so bad!! But I like to be different. I would maybe like a closed pokeball somewhere, or maybe an open pokeball with one of my favourites standing up in it. My first tattoo was the earth symbol for Stargate SG-1, so I know I would never regret a pokemon tattoo as pokemon is something that has been with me for ages. I would like something relating to TR, too..they were my heroes! Maybe a line from their motto, along with James' rose or something. :P

I think it would be cool to have tiny pokemon, too. A Squirtle here. A Dratini there. :P xD

Back