• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

I am thinking of replacing the Crystal Type ability with normal attacks, since it's bugged for 3/4 o

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Days
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    There are three game-freezing/breaking bugs:

After rematching Ronald several times I got many legendary cards. However, now if I rematch him and win, at the moment that I'm supposed to receive the reward (a promo card), the game freezes. Music still plays but the game functionally stops working and animations cease.

The second bug is in the Fighting Club. I believe I've traded with the guy at the table of the Fighting Club, or rematched him a few times, and now upon pressing A on him, the game freezes. Music still plays but the game functionally stops working and animations cease. I wonder if there is a certain card or dialogue between bith Ronald and this guy that causes the game to freeze.

The third bug is encountered when fighting one of the Grandmasters. They will play a Mail from Bill as if it were a defending Pokemon. I'm not sure how this happens. Mail from Bill has 120HP and does not faint to attacks most of the time even if all the damage counters are full, and is also resistant to the Water type. I have decked out against this a few times, making it frustrating to deal with.

Other minor bugs:

When Ariados uses Toxic Thread while the defending Pokemon is Suicune with Pure Body, the Suicune is switched out but the new defending Pokemon is not Poisoned and may still retreat, probably due to Suicune's Pure Body somehow being still in effect since it was the original Pokemon before being switched out.

Magikarp's attack Gold Scale does not work. No cards are drawn and the attack does nothing. Is it possible that when you rewrote the drawing attacks to only draw when they inflict damage, that this move was affected?

No matter who I challenge, I cannot seem to get another copy of Crystal Ho-Oh, Lugia, Charizard, or Celebi. I only have one copy of each, but I'd like to make the decks around these Pokemon like the ones that are in the Legenary Autodeck machine in the hall of honor. How can I obtain more Crystal Pokemon?

Tier List:

S

Togetic LV36
    This card is amazing. Firstly, 90HP Stage 1 is a solid HP benchmark. A CC attack with 30 damage is solid, as well, AND the attack draws 2 cards after dealing damage. Lastly, the ability makes this an amazing addition to literally any deck. You can frontline this Pokemon to draw cards and deal decent damage, or you can backline it to soak up damage that your defending Pokemon is taking. Furthermore, either Togepi that you would use as the Basic for this Stsge 1 are themselves solid. Overall 10/10 card and very powerful. Would suggest nerfing its HP to 80 and decreasing Sweet Kiss damage to 20 or even as low as 10 (it's categorically better than Rapidash's Gallop, currently) while still maintaining CC cost, and it would still be played.

Entei LV60
    This card is versatile and 1 copy should be played in every deck regardless of the type of deck. This card should rarely be used to attack even in a Fire deck. It's strength comes from two things: its ability Step In and its single energy Retreat Cost. This means that with one Energy, this Pokemon is basically a free Switch/Full Heal at the cost of attaching an Energy for that turn. However, it's even better than Full Heal or Switch because Entei can switch Pokemon out of not just special conditions like Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison, but also the effects of Leer, Sand Attack/Smokescreen, anti-retreating effects, and anti-Trainer effects from opposing Pokemon. How it works is like this: say my attacker was just Paralyzed, Asleep, or hit with Smokescreen/Sand Attack. I use Entei's Step In ability, then attack a single Energy (doesn't matter the type), then immediately Retreat the Entei back into my attacker who is now cured of those conditions or effects. I don't necessarily believe it should be nerfed, though.

Shadow Lugia
    This card is powerful. It's ability actually is not all that great at all, and not what makes it powerful. What makes it powerful is it being a 80HP basic with a scaling attack. The only problem is its versatility with Energy, which limits its ability to ramp up quickly. But when backed up by supporters like Togetic, Entei, and Clefable, this card is basically unstoppable. I'm not sure it should be nerfed, though, because it requires an entire deck built around it to work at peak efficiency, and it's also an endgame card and intended to be strong.

Proposed Buffs:

Full Heal should allow you to draw a card if it cures a status condition. There's just not enough incentive to include Full Heal in a deck because when you need it, it's not there, and when you don't need it, it's there. Full Heal would only be worthwhile if successfully using it allowed you to keep card advantage.

Allow Strength Charm to deal 10, 20, or 30 damage depending if the Pokemon it is used on is Basic, Stage 1, or Stage 2, respectively. This will give it greater payoff in decks with evolutions and incentivize its use in those decks.

Energy Ark should not require a discard. It's currently barely usable--this would make it only somewhat usable in some decks, or a 1-of copy in most decks for utility.

Super Energy Retrieval should only require one discard. Same reasoning as above--if you're trading only 2 cards (itself and one discard) for 4 basic energy that already need to be in your discard prior to using it, and you have something like Politoed to actually utilize that burst of 4 energy immediately, then you deserve to pop off. Otherwise it's still a steep cost for no reward because the only way to rapidly accelerate more than one energy attachment from the hand before attacking is by using Politoed.

Ruin Wall should only require one discard. Pokegear requires 2, pulls anything from the deck. Ruin Wall is limited by only what you've already played and only gets Trainers. Putting it down to one discard would make it far more viable, and not overpowered.

There are a ton of other balances and tweaks I would make to the Pokemon themselves. Do you have a Discord server for this game? If I play and review each deck type and every card and provide feedback and ideas, would you be willing to check it out? I honestly love this game you've made and I've put a ton of hours and playtime and investigation into it. I'd love to give you more feedback if it helps.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • FYI the non-legacy girl version from the drop box doesn't patch anything. I tried 2 online patchers, flips (linux), lunar ips (via wine on linux), built poke tcg rom from the git repo (vs other rom I had), then finally created an account here and downloaded through the first post link then and applied the patch and now it's working. Convoluted way to say the dropbox link is outdated or whatever, which I believe you mentioned a few posts back anyhow.
    I just checked the dropbox link and it works fine for patching? Maybe you downloaded the previous version (1.3) before the dropbox updated to 1.31.

There are three game-freezing/breaking bugs:

After rematching Ronald several times I got many legendary cards. However, now if I rematch him and win, at the moment that I'm supposed to receive the reward (a promo card), the game freezes. Music still plays but the game functionally stops working and animations cease.

The second bug is in the Fighting Club. I believe I've traded with the guy at the table of the Fighting Club, or rematched him a few times, and now upon pressing A on him, the game freezes. Music still plays but the game functionally stops working and animations cease. I wonder if there is a certain card or dialogue between bith Ronald and this guy that causes the game to freeze.

The third bug is encountered when fighting one of the Grandmasters. They will play a Mail from Bill as if it were a defending Pokemon. I'm not sure how this happens. Mail from Bill has 120HP and does not faint to attacks most of the time even if all the damage counters are full, and is also resistant to the Water type. I have decked out against this a few times, making it frustrating to deal with.

Other minor bugs:

When Ariados uses Toxic Thread while the defending Pokemon is Suicune with Pure Body, the Suicune is switched out but the new defending Pokemon is not Poisoned and may still retreat, probably due to Suicune's Pure Body somehow being still in effect since it was the original Pokemon before being switched out.

Magikarp's attack Gold Scale does not work. No cards are drawn and the attack does nothing. Is it possible that when you rewrote the drawing attacks to only draw when they inflict damage, that this move was affected?

No matter who I challenge, I cannot seem to get another copy of Crystal Ho-Oh, Lugia, Charizard, or Celebi. I only have one copy of each, but I'd like to make the decks around these Pokemon like the ones that are in the Legenary Autodeck machine in the hall of honor. How can I obtain more Crystal Pokemon?

Tier List:

S

Togetic LV36
    This card is amazing. Firstly, 90HP Stage 1 is a solid HP benchmark. A CC attack with 30 damage is solid, as well, AND the attack draws 2 cards after dealing damage. Lastly, the ability makes this an amazing addition to literally any deck. You can frontline this Pokemon to draw cards and deal decent damage, or you can backline it to soak up damage that your defending Pokemon is taking. Furthermore, either Togepi that you would use as the Basic for this Stsge 1 are themselves solid. Overall 10/10 card and very powerful. Would suggest nerfing its HP to 80 and decreasing Sweet Kiss damage to 20 or even as low as 10 (it's categorically better than Rapidash's Gallop, currently) while still maintaining CC cost, and it would still be played.

Entei LV60
    This card is versatile and 1 copy should be played in every deck regardless of the type of deck. This card should rarely be used to attack even in a Fire deck. It's strength comes from two things: its ability Step In and its single energy Retreat Cost. This means that with one Energy, this Pokemon is basically a free Switch/Full Heal at the cost of attaching an Energy for that turn. However, it's even better than Full Heal or Switch because Entei can switch Pokemon out of not just special conditions like Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison, but also the effects of Leer, Sand Attack/Smokescreen, anti-retreating effects, and anti-Trainer effects from opposing Pokemon. How it works is like this: say my attacker was just Paralyzed, Asleep, or hit with Smokescreen/Sand Attack. I use Entei's Step In ability, then attack a single Energy (doesn't matter the type), then immediately Retreat the Entei back into my attacker who is now cured of those conditions or effects. I don't necessarily believe it should be nerfed, though.

Shadow Lugia
    This card is powerful. It's ability actually is not all that great at all, and not what makes it powerful. What makes it powerful is it being a 80HP basic with a scaling attack. The only problem is its versatility with Energy, which limits its ability to ramp up quickly. But when backed up by supporters like Togetic, Entei, and Clefable, this card is basically unstoppable. I'm not sure it should be nerfed, though, because it requires an entire deck built around it to work at peak efficiency, and it's also an endgame card and intended to be strong.

Proposed Buffs:

Full Heal should allow you to draw a card if it cures a status condition. There's just not enough incentive to include Full Heal in a deck because when you need it, it's not there, and when you don't need it, it's there. Full Heal would only be worthwhile if successfully using it allowed you to keep card advantage.

Allow Strength Charm to deal 10, 20, or 30 damage depending if the Pokemon it is used on is Basic, Stage 1, or Stage 2, respectively. This will give it greater payoff in decks with evolutions and incentivize its use in those decks.

Energy Ark should not require a discard. It's currently barely usable--this would make it only somewhat usable in some decks, or a 1-of copy in most decks for utility.

Super Energy Retrieval should only require one discard. Same reasoning as above--if you're trading only 2 cards (itself and one discard) for 4 basic energy that already need to be in your discard prior to using it, and you have something like Politoed to actually utilize that burst of 4 energy immediately, then you deserve to pop off. Otherwise it's still a steep cost for no reward because the only way to rapidly accelerate more than one energy attachment from the hand before attacking is by using Politoed.

Ruin Wall should only require one discard. Pokegear requires 2, pulls anything from the deck. Ruin Wall is limited by only what you've already played and only gets Trainers. Putting it down to one discard would make it far more viable, and not overpowered.

There are a ton of other balances and tweaks I would make to the Pokemon themselves. Do you have a Discord server for this game? If I play and review each deck type and every card and provide feedback and ideas, would you be willing to check it out? I honestly love this game you've made and I've put a ton of hours and playtime and investigation into it. I'd love to give you more feedback if it helps.

And I thought I was done with this. Okay, debugging time. First question: approximately how many more times did you beat Ronald for this to show up? I'll have to know to try and trigger it myself, since I haven't seen it. Count the number of Master Balls + Shadow Lugias + Unown J's + Promo Entei's you currently have, that should give me an estimate.

I just found out the second game freeze with the man who is supposed to take cards then gift, I'll work on debugging it. Third glitch I need more information: which Grandmaster are we talking about? Although I think I already know how to fix this one…

The Toxic Thread one, I know what causes it and it is beyond my ability to fix sadly. It's related to the "Pokemon 2's name shows up after you switch out Pokemon 1" glitch. Sorry. The magikarp one you re right on the money though, I mixed up the effects. Easy fix at least. The crystal thing is not a glitch though, you have to rebattle the grand masters and enter the Hall to recieve 1 copy of each of the cards again.

As for the nerfs and buffs, I'll think about them, but as stated I am not really doing that anymore. The game is finalized (except for apparently all the bugs that made it past my testing) and I have to end development at some point. However, the source code for this game is free and linked, and I have even included instructions on how to hack within the files of the game. You are free to use that as a base to implement all the changes you want.

Regardless, thank you for playing and finding these bugs.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I just checked the dropbox link and it works fine for patching? Maybe you downloaded the previous version (1.3) before the dropbox updated to 1.31.

And I thought I was done with this. Okay, debugging time. First question: approximately how many more times did you beat Ronald for this to show up? I'll have to know to try and trigger it myself, since I haven't seen it. Count the number of Master Balls + Shadow Lugias + Unown J's + Promo Entei's you currently have, that should give me an estimate.

I just found out the second game freeze with the man who is supposed to take cards then gift, I'll work on debugging it. Third glitch I need more information: which Grandmaster are we talking about? Although I think I already know how to fix this one…

The Toxic Thread one, I know what causes it and it is beyond my ability to fix sadly. It's related to the "Pokemon 2's name shows up after you switch out Pokemon 1" glitch. Sorry. The magikarp one you re right on the money though, I mixed up the effects. Easy fix at least. The crystal thing is not a glitch though, you have to rebattle the grand masters and enter the Hall to recieve 1 copy of each of the cards again.

As for the nerfs and buffs, I'll think about them, but as stated I am not really doing that anymore. The game is finalized (except for apparently all the bugs that made it past my testing) and I have to end development at some point. However, the source code for this game is free and linked, and I have even included instructions on how to hack within the files of the game. You are free to use that as a base to implement all the changes you want.

Regardless, thank you for playing and finding these bugs.
    With regard to the Ronald game freeze bug: I can give you the number of promos I have,, but there's one issue--I've been playing the Challenge Hall over and over to get more promos. Currently I have 6x Unown J, 8x Entei LV60, 5x Shadow Lugia, and 6x Master Ball. I think I rematched and beat Ronald like 5-10 times before the game started crashing after I beat him.

The Grandmaster who plays Mail from Bill is either Courtney or Jack. Sorry I didn't have more info earlier--I had to go back in and fight and see which one caused the issue.

As for having only one copy of the Crystal Pokemon--I just challenged the Grandmasters again to test the above bug, I beat them, and attached I have some screenshots of the message I have been getting ever since I beat the Grandmasters for the first time: "There are no cards left for us to give you." I also attached a screenshot of my cards after I went through the credits and still only have one copy of each Crystal Pokemon.

As for the balancing, I totally understand. I will actually look into making those tweaks if I have the time and I'll post a version here or use it for my personal play. Again, this game has been so much fun and I appreciate you creating this project.

Attachments

• Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)
      Screenshot_20240302_115153_Gallery.jpg
      167 KB · Views: 5
      Screenshot_20240302_115205_Gallery.jpg
      167.1 KB · Views: 5
      Screenshot_20240302_115212_Gallery.jpg
      167.4 KB · Views: 5
      Screenshot_20240302_115223_Gallery.jpg
      168.2 KB · Views: 5
      Screenshot_20240302_114554_My OldBoy!.jpg
      111.7 KB · Views: 4

Cataclyptic

Years
  • With regard to the Ronald game freeze bug: I can give you the number of promos I have,, but there's one issue--I've been playing the Challenge Hall over and over to get more promos. Currently I have 6x Unown J, 8x Entei LV60, 5x Shadow Lugia, and 6x Master Ball. I think I rematched and beat Ronald like 5-10 times before the game started crashing after I beat him.

The Grandmaster who plays Mail from Bill is either Courtney or Jack. Sorry I didn't have more info earlier--I had to go back in and fight and see which one caused the issue.

As for having only one copy of the Crystal Pokemon--I just challenged the Grandmasters again to test the above bug, I beat them, and attached I have some screenshots of the message I have been getting ever since I beat the Grandmasters for the first time: "There are no cards left for us to give you." I also attached a screenshot of my cards after I went through the credits and still only have one copy of each Crystal Pokemon.

As for the balancing, I totally understand. I will actually look into making those tweaks if I have the time and I'll post a version here or use it for my personal play. Again, this game has been so much fun and I appreciate you creating this project.

Update: The Ronald and Hall of Honor thing isn't a glitch- it turns out that there DOES exist a limit to how many cards the script for the Hall of Honor gives, and you've hit the limit. Because the Ronald code uses the same script as the Hall of Honor's, they share a pool of how many cards are able to be given to the player X/.

Working on it as we speak, also the shadow lugia glitch that Doesn't Know posted.

Days
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    I cannot path my gbc file. The sha stays the same (0F8670A583255CFF3E5B7CA71B5D7454D928FC48) before and after the patch. I included the patch log for you.

Attachments

• Pokemon TCG Neo V 1.31 - Girl Version.log.txt
      82 KB · Views: 3

Cataclyptic

Years
  • I cannot path my gbc file. The sha stays the same (0F8670A583255CFF3E5B7CA71B5D7454D928FC48) before and after the patch. I included the patch log for you.

I just updated the files and can confirm that the patching works.

Speaking of which to everyone: V 1.32 is live. It contains mostly bug fixes and about 3 balance changes. I really hope that's all the bugs squashed this time, updated 4 different files of the game is time consuming TT.

The pret will be updated later, so check back in about a day or so for that.

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think I've found a bug. I'm in the challenge cup, fighting a trainer with a Red Gyarados. He has one Fire and one Water mana attached, but is repeatedly using it's Rampage attack (should cost FWC).

Cataclyptic

Years
  • I think I've found a bug. I'm in the challenge cup, fighting a trainer with a Red Gyarados. He has one Fire and one Water mana attached, but is repeatedly using it's Rampage attack (should cost FWC).
    Yeah that's a common "glitch". Basically the AI can't process 2 types of energy + colorless at once, so it ignores the colorless. The only way to fix it is to not do so in the first place. I'll change rhe energy cost when I can.

Days
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    Hello, I've been really enjoying your hack lately but I'm having a problem. So the man building a deck that you give multiple cards to in the Fighting Club keeps freezing the game. After giving him a Fortress and a Larvitar, his doesn't give any dialogue when talking to him and just freezes the game. Hope y'all can help.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    Also as a follow up, I think Gyarados displays the wrong requirements for Rampage because I fought John in the fire club and he only had one fire and one water energy but the card states it's one Fire, Water, and Colorless.Pokemon TCG: Neo (Final release)

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Hello, I've been really enjoying your hack lately but I'm having a problem. So the man building a deck that you give multiple cards to in the Fighting Club keeps freezing the game. After giving him a Fortress and a Larvitar, his doesn't give any dialogue when talking to him and just freezes the game. Hope y'all can help.
    I'll fix this and the text glitch in another update.

Days
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Hello, I ve recently found out about this hack and I would love to try it. However I do not own a PC and the files seems to not be readable on a Android emulator. Is it inte ded only for PC? If anyone could give me some tips I would love to know how to play it on Adroid(the emulators do no recognzie the files )

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I ve recently found out about this hack and I would love to try it. However I do not own a PC and the files seems to not be readable on a Android emulator. Is it inte ded only for PC? If anyone could give me some tips I would love to know how to play it on Adroid(the emulators do no recognzie the files )
    Download a copy of Pokémon Trading Card Game and extract it with win.rar. do the same with TCG Neo. Then use unipatcher (or something like it) and you should be good to go.

yu8

Days
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Thank you for your hard work in development. Could you please tell me how to apply the patch to the new version? It is very difficult to reinstall the new version of ROM every time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm quite mixed on the hack. It doesn't really do what the name advertises, since neither version is very accurate to what the Neo sets are. The general lack of new effects in both versions makes it not nearly as interesting of a hack as it could be; it felt like way too many effects were just Agility, or attaching Energy, as well as a lot of just going "oh, that's X effect", like Raikou having Peal of Thunder for instance.
    The trainers in particular were a bummer, since they're not new at all, just renaming the original sets' trainers. It just makes it kind of confusing to remember what each trainer is mapped to, without adding any Neo-ness. Professor Elm in particular is a disappointment as far as feeling like Neo cards goes; I was thinking perhaps that it could apply the Headache status effect to the player after use.
    But I don't really know how much is possible when it comes to modifying/splicing card effects together, and I can see that the complicated AI is a limiting factor to adding new effects as well, so I do really appreciate the effort put in to making new content using Pokemon TCG, my favorite game!

I switched from the Legacy version to your new version after abusing Moltres in the Legacy version; when I went and checked the real card (which has the giant drawback of not being able to attach Fire Energy to it directly), it didn't feel right to be winning by using a card that's so much more powerful than it should be in the context of the legacy game. To balance the card back to its intended power level, I think its second move should require 4 Fire Energy rather than allowing colorless (you can use it on turn 2 with DCE and some luck), and the Energy discarding needs to be way more punishing. The intent of the "50% chance to lose a fire energy" is that you're going to be unable to use the move again the next turn because you have to get the Fire Energy back with the first move (which is also a 50% chance...). I think the only way to balance it back to the original design's power level is always requiring you to discard 2 Energy to use it; that would preserve forcing an in-between turn from the original card design, and should still be quite good since the first move lets it get Energy back faster. Fire Spin for 60 on a Basic that can accelerate itself sounds like it should be fairly balanced and interesting.
    Anyway, I did have to hex edit my save file to preserve my card collection into the other version, due to the ID shifts from changing certain Pokemon's types between the two versions; it was a bit disappointing you can't easily switch between the two versions.
    The main cards I used after that were the new Moltres (basically a promo Mewtwo, but I like him), Shadow Lugia (although it was so good that I stopped using it), and Raikou (I really love using Continue Duel to manipulate the Peal of Thunder target, and avoid Thunder self-damage).

Days
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Just discovered this a few days ago (v1.32) and I've really been enjoying it, well done Cataclyptic!

A few things I've noticed so far, might be addressed elsewhere:
    1. Togetic's Fly attack nullifying other effects registers as "due to Agility"
    2. Ronald's Donphan's Flail names the wrong targets - once Murkrow, once Phanpy. Consistently the opponent's third benched slot, when one and two are occupied.
    3. Ronald's Phanpy repeatedly causes a Smokescreen check when using Sand Attack.
    4. Set/pack names in the PC are still the original versions.
    5. Seems a bit strange that the Water gym leader uses Aerodactyl without being able to use its second attack, but maybe that's just me?
    6. For some reason I can't mute the game. I'm using VBA on Linux to run it, but when I disable sounds the game accelerates to about 1,500% normal speed and is unplayable, so it means I can't play the game and, say, have a podcast running in the background. I suspect this is intrinsic to the source game since Gameboys had manual speed dials, but is it possible to add something to the Config menu?
    7. Interested in your logic to make Umbreon psychic. The other ex-Steel/Dark types make sense, but that one seems a bit odd since it duplicates Espeon. For what it's worth, apparently it was originally going to be a Posion type, so grass might be viable. Or maybe Colorless?

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Just discovered this a few days ago (v1.32) and I've really been enjoying it, well done Cataclyptic!

A few things I've noticed so far, might be addressed elsewhere:
    1. Togetic's Fly attack nullifying other effects registers as "due to Agility"
    2. Ronald's Donphan's Flail names the wrong targets - once Murkrow, once Phanpy. Consistently the opponent's third benched slot, when one and two are occupied.
    3. Ronald's Phanpy repeatedly causes a Smokescreen check when using Sand Attack.
    4. Set/pack names in the PC are still the original versions.
    5. Seems a bit strange that the Water gym leader uses Aerodactyl without being able to use its second attack, but maybe that's just me?
    6. For some reason I can't mute the game. I'm using VBA on Linux to run it, but when I disable sounds the game accelerates to about 1,500% normal speed and is unplayable, so it means I can't play the game and, say, have a podcast running in the background. I suspect this is intrinsic to the source game since Gameboys had manual speed dials, but is it possible to add something to the Config menu?
    7. Interested in your logic to make Umbreon psychic. The other ex-Steel/Dark types make sense, but that one seems a bit odd since it duplicates Espeon. For what it's worth, apparently it was originally going to be a Posion type, so grass might be viable. Or maybe Colorless?
    Weird how I missed the booster pack menu name changes. It must have occured during one of the mass ports I had to do to get the expanded dex running, because it was definitely present before. I'll fix it in the next update. I'll also alter that agility text, because if that's the case then promo entei's attack will cause the same text glitch. I'll get those other glitches too.

The Water gym leader uses Aerodactyl to speed up getting kabutops, her ace, out. (In theory the AI of this game isn't too good but I can try). No idea on the mute thing because I can do it easily, and Umbreon was psychic because that's just what I decided, there is no easy answer since I can't program in both dark and steel at the same time.

Days
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    So how many copies of the legendary cards are actually available in the game? Or is there no limit, so stopping at (say) sixteen of each makes sense? I'm at about forty cards now.

Also, have you considered creating a patch based on the Gym Challenge/Heroes sets? By my count, there are 180 Pokemon across those sets, plus 37 trainer cards (gyms included) that refer to specific Leaders, so that leaves slots for about 30 regular trainer cards? Not sure how you'd program the stadiums (maybe 'for the rest of this turn'?), but most of the other functions should be workable?

Last edited:
    Back