• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that can be a gender, but shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
    Years
    Listen. Gothitelle shouldn't have a male form.

What other Pokemon would you think can have the wrong gender?
    Pokemon that can be a gender, but shouldn't

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think Gothitelle is a fabulous male as well as Gardevoir. xoxo Moving to Pokemon General because this is about the Pokemon, not really the games.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Machop, Machoke & Machamp spring to mind instantly. o_o Why should they be female! D':

Along with Timburr, Gurdurr & Conkeldurr, they should be male. 100%

Mr. Mime should only be male for obvious reasons. XD

Years
    I always found it weird how Mr. Mime can be female with that obviously masculine "Mr." in its name. Yet Mime Jr. seems pretty feminine to me. Kinda contradicting, ain't it? :B And of course there's the Machop line. Ugh, it's just SO awkward to see a female Machamp/Machoke. Machop by itself isn't all that masculine, imo. There's Lopunny who is WAY too feminine to be male. (Wouldn't be surprised if a male alternate of Lopunny was created...)

And surprisingly, I see Gothitelle as a both sided Pokemon. Heck, I'd train a male one just for the fun of it. :P Just like how lots of people see Medicham as masculine, but I see it as both sided as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Mr. Mime should be male, and when he breeds with Jynx the egg could be 50/50 Mime Jr. / Smoochum - just like when breeding Volbeat with Illumise.

There are feminine and masculine-looking pokémon...Gothitelle for example (the unevolved form seriously looks like a little girl), but then again, it all adds to the variation, and breeding would get complicated if there were more mono-gendered pokémon. And you get masculine-looking women and feminine-looking men...

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Meganium, Gothietelle, Gardevoir, they should all just be FEMALE. I always make sure I get a female instead of a male.. Its just WRONG. Also, same with the Machoke line.

Meganium looks..Flowery and.. Pardon my middle school slang word, fruity (Lolz, been awhile since I heard that, a few years at least). I mean, they should at least change the colors of the flowers from.. Magenta is it? >_>.

As for Gardevoir, they made Gallade only male, why couldnt they just make Gardevoir only female? Same with Kirlia.. Oh well.

Gothitelle.. >_>.

Theres a few others, but these are the main ones. Also, Gallade. If Gardevoir can be both genders, why cant Gallade? But nuuuuuuuuu you haz to get a male Ralts/Kirlia, and if you mess up and forget to give it a Dawn Stone you get to watch it turn into a Gardevoir D:.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    Machop, Machoke & Machamp spring to mind instantly. o_o Why should they be female! D':

Mr. Mime should only be male for obvious reasons. XD
    Pardon my lack of an actual response, but I'm just going to have to agree with that. xD

Years
    My female Conkeldurr and Machoke/Machamp say heyy.

They should be allowed to be female. Especially Conkeldurr sense it's pink. Girls can be great fighters as well (Gothitelle). Plus it breaks the stereotype that girls are weaklings.

I also want Gallade to also be male or female sense here comes the stereotype that guys are always the fighters.

As for Mr Mime... that should be 100% male. And their should be a Miss Mime lol. Misdreavus and Gothitelle should all be girls sense they have girly features. Conkeldurr should be mostly female sense it wears pink... a girly trait.

They should give the legendaries genders as well. Reshiram/Zekrom have to be boys while Giratina would logically be a girl sense it has girly traits and a girly sounding name.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

No never, I love my female Timburr. >:c

Mr. Mime should definitely be male only though. I mean, you guys have already said it before...MR. Mime. Hitmon family should be male or female tbh though. I don't see what's so male only about them. The Machop line though should definitely be male only. I mean...women don't have pecks like that.

And I also think Petilil and Lilligant should be male or female. I never saw what was so female about Petilil. I thought it looked more male when I first saw it. I guess they didn't want the same problem that they had with Gardevoir in gen III though, since Lilligant is pretty much wearin' a dress.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, what should have been done is that they should have named Mr. Mime properly, since the Japanese name didn't mention Mr. at all. >_>

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Listen. Gothitelle shouldn't have a male form. This isn't homomon.

...Homomon? =| As if the way somebody dresses or looks has anything to do with their sexuality.

Anyway, before some "OMG! I know (or at least claim to know) Japanese and you don't" type person comes in here and be's all rude about it (I had it happen to me) Mr. Mime's Japanese name has no mention of gender at all.

Still, I named a female Mr. Mime I got "Mrs. Mime". lol

EDIT: Oops, I did get beat. =/ But still, I don't think anybody needs to be rude about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    My female Conkeldurr and Machoke/Machamp say heyy.

They should be allowed to be female. Especially Conkeldurr sense it's pink. Girls can be great fighters as well (Gothitelle). Plus it breaks the stereotype that girls are weaklings.

I also want Gallade to also be male or female sense here comes the stereotype that guys are always the fighters.

As for Mr Mime... that should be 100% male. And their should be a Miss Mime lol. Misdreavus and Gothitelle should all be girls sense they have girly features. Conkeldurr should be mostly female sense it wears pink... a girly trait.

They should give the legendaries genders as well. Reshiram/Zekrom have to be boys while Giratina would logically be a girl sense it has girly traits and a girly sounding name.

Well, the fact that the designer(s) of Reshiram/Zekrom stated that Reshiram was designed specifically to be feminine and Zekrom, masculine, kinda rids of this possibility. xD And Giratina doesn't really have any girly traits, besides the "ina" at the end of its name. Heck, look at Manaphy. I could've SWORN that thing was supposed to be represented as a female, but then there's the whole "prince of the sea" thing, and the fact that it was referred to as a male in Mystery Dungeon. =/ I just can't see that thing as a male... ugh, thank goodness it's genderless. xD

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I have a female Machamp named She-Hulk...

HOW DO YA LIKE THAT!?!?
    BWA HA HA HA!!!

Altough, I must admit, I'd prefer it if female Machamps look more like the women they show on commercials for gyms with 4 arms...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Machamp/Machoke, Mr. Mime, Gardevoir and Gotheille. I would add more from the new gen. but I'm not to familiar with them :x

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Everyone saying Mr.Mime should be male only are boobs. Mr.mime can be female because it's Japanese name has nothing to do with male or female(Barried)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah we already covered all that discussion a few posts up.

Sure, in hindsight it's dumb, but back in 1998 nobody on the localisation team would have predicted that a few years later they'd be releasing games where Pokémon had genders assigned to them - they didn't even know if the games would be popular enough to warrant localising any further games in the series (if they even knew that Game Freak were in production of a sequel - and I don't see why Nintendo would have bothered telling them that at the time).

They picked a name which sounded good back then, and unfortunately a couple of years later they were kicking themselves for one or two mistakes like that they didn't see coming - but they didn't have any choice but to roll with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back