• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that cannot evolve.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    My favourite is Alomomola *points to sig*. It is my current favourite pokemon behind Cherubi/Cherrim, and it can't evolve!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Lapras and Sableye for sure.

I think they definitely deserve to have evolutions with some sort of stone.

But they are just awesome.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    My favorite would be Mawile, Spinda and Emolga. All of them are just too cute!

Although, I don't really like Pokemon that doesn't evolve. I found them quite boring that they change throughout the whole game.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I think, I'm with everyone with HERACROSS. But no one mentioned the coolest of them all! Dunsparce! That little guy was cool.

Years
    Lapras is probably my favorite; it has a cool design and I like its typing.

After that, Sawk (seriously I didn't think I'd use the thing long-term in my Black team but it's pretty cool), Skarmory and Absol (awesome designs), and Ditto because of its amazing breeding power and Transform.

Years
    It doesn't matter if they evolve or not to me, if I like them then I'll use them no matter what :)

I was going to make a list of the ones I like but frankly I like the majority of them :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Of course, you may know that there are now about 57 pokemon that can't evolve, no matter what circumstances. (not including legendary pokemon.) Now out of all those pokemon, which are your favourite pokemon(s) that cannot evolve? If you had to pick between the two, would you prefer pokemon that can evolve, or the ones that cannot?

Sometimes I would prefer pokemon that can't evolve for numberous reasons, such as I find that with pokemon that can't evolve, you don't have to worry on the conditions to evolve those pokemon; for instance, you won't have to trade these certain pokemon to evolve, or make them hold a certain item. I dunno, I guess its easier that way to raise them in my own personal preference I guess.

Hmm...lots of Pokemon here. I guess some favorites would include:

Absol: BA, awesome design, awesome cry, awesome Attack, awesome abilities, all-around awesome. I consider him to be somewhat related to Johto's Legendary Dogs. He doesn't need to evolve; he just needs a boost in his base Defense stat! One of the best Pokemon ever.

Ditto: Squishy, wild card, and quite helpful during Pokemon breeding, as strange a process as it is. And his newly-gained Impostor ability is awesome.

Pinsir
    : good design; hate how the one's in Emerald's Battle Frontier spam Swords Dance, Reversal, and/or Guillotine all the time. >:[

Tauros
    : Intimidating, awesome design, and looks like he could critically hit a car while thrashing with his utter brawn.

Lapras: nice design, nice transporting function, powerful techniques, but insane to take down in the Battle Frontier T_T

Aerodactyl: Equals Speed. And is also awesome, being awakened from a fossilized state. But first and foremost, he equals speed. One of the basic rules of Pokemon mathematics. King of the skies and rock-induced flinching, as well. :)

Unown: So mysterious and enigmatic with its awesome shape variants! (yet so weak, beyond comprehension, even... ;_;)

Girafarig: a palindromic giraffe that's part Psychic-type with a cute design? Sign me up!

Dunsparce: he's...OK. Serene Grace ability is decent. Annoying to face due to its predictable Glare move. DESPERATELY needs an evolution.

Qwilfish: name is spelled awesome, pwns Mudkipz, and acts like a freaking spiked balloon.

Heracross: MEGAHORN!!!! I love its design, plus its game and anime cries, and how it just whacks things away. VERY annoying to face in Battle Frontier because you have to predict whether its going to Megahorn you or Counter you, both of which will hurt if you don't 1HKO it. Sadly, it's my 2nd-most-hated opponent Pokemon ever, though, for reasons I'll likely iterate in TCTI or the Advance Generation subforum.

Corsola: nice, soothing design and colors with a relaxing cry.

Skarmory: Steel Bird FTW. Its game cry is AWESOME. Ka-ru-kee-kee!

Stantler: nice design, and its a psycho deer that can make Illusions!

Smeargle
    : it can learn any nearly any move, and its a painting beagle!

Mawile: Those jaws positioned the way they are amazing and fits Mawile's decoy.

Plusle/Minus: mainly I like them due to their abilities, their cries, and the fact that they can make cute widdle pom-poms out of electrical sparks! :3

Zangoose and Seviper: awesome feuding pair, though Zangoose gets the edge because of its scars, its claws, its nifty abilities, and its Attack. Seviper is slightly repetitive due to a snake-based Poison-type Pokemon preceding it in Kanto.

Solrock and Lunatone: SUN ROCK! MOON ROCK! These are where Sun Stones and Moon Stones (should) come from! Good designs, though I hate facing them in combination under the command of Tate and Liza. ;_;

Castform
    : This cute little guy changes with the weather and has its own signature ability and move, to boot! Perfect for Hoenn's climate.

Kecleon: This Pokemon changes type with each hit! I love setting up my planned "type" moves and decimating this species in a coherent fashion. :)

Tropius
    : A Grass/Flying dinosaur yielding fruit (bananas). Munch away, children!

Spiritomb: The design looked very iffy at first. I'm OK with it and the "108" recurrence, but why did it have to take one of the coolest Pokemon names ever? I would've liked seeing "Spiritomb" on Heatran or Cofagrigus....

Rotom: seems cool. I just wish that BW's alterations changed its Electric-type rather than its Ghost-type.

Sawk/Throh
    : worst names ever, especially Sawk. :( Thankfully, the designs manage to be their saving grace. Not the best designs, but decent designs that assist in helping me tolerate their horrible, horrible names.

Maractus
    : I'm going to love toying with its Water-absorbing abilities. :) Pink flowers are a slight turn-off, though. Remind me of Vileplume, Roserade, Cherrim, and/or Bellosom/Lilligant~Doredia.

Sigilyph: Freaking awesome. I consider it to be as Legendary as Unown, and I love the origins of its design. Its name is quite awesome to say as well.

Emonga: In English and Japanese, I dislike pronouncing its name because my tongue feels all weird. Cute as heck, and its a FLYING SQUIRREL! Not only do I consider it to be the Pikaclone of Unova, I also consider it to be a Pachirisu evo and Unova's fourth "lost" starter Pokemon (in the same vein that Pikachu was for Kanto in Yellow Version). Hey, people are late to pick Pokemon in Unova as well! Like Whitlea, who I hope gets Emonga in the anime. But apparently, Iris already got one... ;_;

Mamenbou/Alomomola: I actually like both names, but I think its English name could have been saved for something else...

Cryogonal
    : Looks creepy, but is an awesome Ice-type with a great name.

Crimgan
    : Underrated. I dislike how its color scheme blatantly mimics that of Salamence and Feraligatr, but he looks like a decent Dragon-type. Shiny colors are horrible, though. >_>

Bouffalant
    : AFROBULL/BUFFAFRO/ROLE PLAY used Afro Break! Does anymore need to be said? I prefer its shiny variant as that coloration looks a bit less like Tauros.

Stunfisk: Herpderp fish deserves to be last. But this thing is just so freaking funny, paradoxical, and memetically epic with a nice English name and a hilarious Japanese name - all at the same time! Without its newfound charms, I would probably loathe this thing like heck. Quite a feat for the only fish weak to Water-type moves. -_-

Heatmor & Durant: Durant's design is nice. Heatmor's design is butt-ugly; something is seriously wrong with its head and it ruined its tolerable red-yellow color scheme! I really wish Durant wasn't 4x weak to Heatmor, it's rival. For a rivalry, that damage seems a bit excessive... And we missed out on having a Fire-type ant (which needs Bug-type and Steel-type squashed in, somehow) and a Water-type anteater...

Overall, pretty much all of the not-evolving Pokemon are OK, with some being preferred more than others. As seen, I like a majority of them, and can pretty much tolerate all of them as Pokemon. :) I see the convenience of some of them being strong at the start, but a lot of them are either too weak and unusable or outclassed by other Pokemon that actually evolve. >_> The lack of evolution requirements is a major plus as well. Personally, I prefer evolving Pokemon, though, mainly because a Pokemon's progress is much more evident and better reflected by Pokemon evolution. The phrase "Training from the EGG up" manifests even more, and each evolution is INDEED a sight to behold and relish. :cer_boogie: The natural progression also highlights the strengths of Pokemon as they grow via evolution.

Although, I don't really like Pokemon that doesn't evolve. I found them quite boring that they change throughout the whole game.

Huh..? But they don't change throughout the whole game.. (pertaining to physical form and Base Stat Totals). :cer_confused:

Years
    Dont really have a fave from them and i prefer pokemon tht evolve....gives something to look forward to when leveling them up

Back