• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that never made sense to me...

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I have a similar query about how exeggcute evolves. They say it's shell breaks whenever it's close to evoloution, but do they fuse somehow? Does one of the seeds turn into the tree? If they do fuse, why do they only have 3 heads when exeggcute usually have 6 eggs?

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    I don't get Klink/Klang/Klinklang.
    They didn't even change. The designers just added 1 or 2 gears to each evo...

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
    Certain pokemon with the set gender of Male...
    None of them make sense because unless they practically force Ditto's to perform the act, how are they reproducing?

Exclusions to the rules are Pokemon with a female counterpart, such as Nidoran's female form, which strangely can't breed as a Nidoqueen.

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    I think that geoDUDE should be a male only pokemon. Female geodudes? smh.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    What is Slowpoke supposed to be? I understand how it evolves, but I can't place my finger on what it is supposed to look like.

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
    For that matter, what the hell is Lickitung? It's a . . . big, pink . . . thing. With a tongue. And that's about it. WHAT THE HELL. And then it evolves into Lickilicky and it's just a bigger thing with a longer tongue! I have absolutely no clue what it's meant to be or why it had to exist. It should be killed with fire.

Also, I'm sure this is a popular one, but Stunfisk. It just appears . . . functionally retarded. :/

Dude Lickitung is AWESOME. It's like the ultimate in sexual harassment.

Why is it that no one has mentioned Nosepass and Probopass yet? Like really...wtf were they thinking?

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    Dude Lickitung is AWESOME. It's like the ultimate in sexual harassment.

Why is it that no one has mentioned Nosepass and Probopass yet? Like really...wtf were they thinking?

I believe they are based on the Moai statues on Easter Island. An original idea, albeit an odd one. And mustaches make everything better.

The Pokemon I see as the most confusing, and making the least sense, would for be most of the human shaped ones, especially any that seem to wear clothes. Hitmonchan, or Gothitelle, etc;
    or ones with accessories, like Farfetch'd or Timburr. If you remove the clothes or the stick or concrete, are they not considered the entire Pokemon? ie, Sawk without a tunic or Conkeldurr without pillars.

new fighting dogs

You're KIDDING, right? DOGS? I won't go offtopic, but... Do you not see the hooves and horns?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The Pokemon I see as the most confusing, and making the least sense, would for be most of the human shaped ones, especially any that seem to wear clothes. Hitmonchan, or Gothitelle, etc;
    or ones with accessories, like Farfetch'd or Timburr. If you remove the clothes or the stick or concrete, are they not considered the entire Pokemon? ie, Sawk without a tunic or Conkeldurr without pillars.

I think of that as like...think of orthodox jewish communities. All men have the...curl things on their head. Does that mean that they would be less human if they didn't have the curls? No, but there would be something missing that they would want back.

inb4 someone corrects my impression of orthodox judaism

jammi567

Deoxys - is it a pokemon in and of itself, or was it just a regular pokemon that got inflected with the virus?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Ice cream cone and trash bag...

Never made sense and I don't think they ever will.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
    What about Roggenrola, the worst.
    Seems to be the new Geodude. Really. They even envolve through the same conditions.
    While we are at it, so is Timburr with his Successors Hurrdurr and Herpderp the new Machop?
    Instead of creating new old Pokémon they should produce a new Plot…

What is Slowpoke supposed to be? I understand how it evolves, but I can't place my finger on what it is supposed to look like.
    Some kind of amphibian?

Leaving the evolution from Margikarp to Garyados aside (where does it all come from), what about Ditto? There's neiter really a scienist nor a magic way to explain Ditto. I can just think of two ways: 1. It's really changing its mass, breaking a fundamental physic rule (about constant mass/energy in the universe), which would either mean the Pokémon world doesn't have this rule (which would explain alot) and would be enormlousny (urgh) cracked up, or Ditto breaks the rule and that would be some SERIOUS buisness. 2. Ditto is somehow manipulating our minds (psychist or drugs etc.) and just let us think it could transform. Yeah, Psychist would explain why Mew can do the move too… And while I'm on it: What, if all Pokémon are Dittos in disguise?

Good night.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    Leaving the evolution from Margikarp to Garyados aside (where does it all come from), what about Ditto? There's neiter really a scienist nor a magic way to explain Ditto. I can just think of two ways: 1. It's really changing its mass, breaking a fundamental physic rule (about constant mass/energy in the universe), which would either mean the Pokémon world doesn't have this rule (which would explain alot) and would be enormlousny (urgh) cracked up, or Ditto breaks the rule and that would be some SERIOUS buisness. 2. Ditto is somehow manipulating our minds (psychist or drugs etc.) and just let us think it could transform. Yeah, Psychist would explain why Mew can do the move too… And while I'm on it: What, if all Pokémon are Dittos in disguise?

Dittos are Mews that were sat on by a Snorlax. And then somehow gained the ability to breed with every other non-Legendary pokemon. That's why Ditto knows Transform, not why Mew can learn it.

One pokemon I never understood is Togepi. I mean, what is it supposed to be? A Spike Ball? What is that? I mean, Gen II is probably my favorite gen of all, and I love all those pokemon (except Sunflora. *shudder*), but Togepi is just... odd.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I think that geoDUDE should be a male only pokemon. Female geodudes? smh.

That's because in Generation I, Pokemon didn't have genders, so you can see its Japanese name do not reference genders, same with Mr.Mime
    So when Generation II came out with genders the Japanese did it and the Americans had to accept it

Dittos are Mews that were sat on by a Snorlax. And then somehow gained the ability to breed with every other non-Legendary pokemon. That's why Ditto knows Transform, not why Mew can learn it.

One pokemon I never understood is Togepi. I mean, what is it supposed to be? A Spike Ball? What is that? I mean, Gen II is probably my favorite gen of all, and I love all those pokemon (except Sunflora. *shudder*), but Togepi is just... odd.

Togepi's supposed to be a newborn chick, Togetic a grown but not mature chick and Togekiss a full grown chicken if I remember it correctly

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021

I think Probopass is based on this:
    Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I believe Nosepass and Probopass are loosely based from the moai. I mean, just look at the similarity between them!

dialga493

Dragon Master
    Years
    what the heck is oshuwatt!? It is a otter (a derp one) then dewatt still the same but samuratt is like a giant sea lion....WHAT?

also I think porygon was suppose to be a computer function gone wrong...then "Up grades" to fix it until a corrupt data ruined the computer project(though it really helped us :0)

Back