• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon That Should be Transferred Forward to Newest Generations

Years
    Hello Everyone,
    I am currently in the process of playing through Platinum for the first time in YEARS... & man have i forgotten how much detail was truly put into the game itself. I know that their are more then a couple Pokemon that flourished in Gen 4 that received nerfs in succeeding generations. I am wondering if their are any Pokemon obtained in this game that I should most definitely transfer forward to Gen 7. (I.E. hard to obtain, gift pokemon, certain move combo's not available going forward that would want to breed.)

I tried searching online for a list of the most common transferred Pokemon, but could only come up with a guide on how to do so. ANY suggestions or help would be most appreciated. :smile:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    A few Pokemon that are still some degree of good as far as battling goes that were introduced in Gen 4 are like: Lopunny, Garchomp, Heatran, Tangrowth, Rotom. There's a few iffy ones like Mamoswine and Weavile.

Legendaries are less of an issue since a lot of them have been made available in the most recent couple of generations. If you have a copy of Pokemon Ranger there's that whole Manaphy egg thing. I don't really remember it being easily obtainable in Gens 5-7.

Defog used to be something where you needed a Gen 4 game to get it on stuff, but Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon finally introduced that as a move tutor move, so....

Back