• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Theós

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    XX6jy21.png

Engine:
    RPGMaker XP

Introduction:
    Hi, I'm Watertrainer, the creator of Pokemon SolarLight/LunarDark, since that game is near it's completion, I'm starting work on my next game, Pokemon Theos!

Plot:
    The story takes place in the Zilous Region, where a great war took place between 2 brothers, the war began when their father passed away, ruling over the region was to be decided between the 2 of them through a battle, this battle turned into a war, using their powerful legendary Pokemon as their weapons, one brother wanted a region of survival of the fittest, where only the strong will prevail and the weak will die while the other brother wanted a region where everyone was equal, there were no rich or poor, everyone shared what they had. This was went on for many years and much of the region was destoryed and it looked like there was no end to the battle, until one day on the battlefield, a light appeared in the sky, stopping all the fighting and from that light came a giant bird like Pokemon, releasing a harmonic sound across the land, putting every human and every Pokemon to sleep. When everyone awoke, the legendary Pokemon and the 2 brothers were gone, as well as the giant bird Pokemon, the war ended, no one knew where they had gone or what had happened, they rebuilt the region and vowed to never let something like this happen again and it didn't...but 3000 years later, things are about to change...
    You play as a male/female trainer, traveling the region, catching Pokemon and collecting badges, just like the other games, along the way you meet many challenges, rivals and even 2 villianous people and their goons, set out to find the missing legendary Pokemon to finish the war and to take control of the region.

Features:

· Over 150 brand New Pokemon
    · Over 150 Existing Pokemon
    · LOTS of new Mega Evolutions for existing Pokemon
    · A new type – The Sound Type
    · New characters as well as a couple old faces...
    · Special kinds of contests to win valuable items
    · Trainer customization
    · A brand new, rare kind of form for all Pokemon (Similar to Shiny Pokemon)
    · 8 Gyms, a Pokemon League and a Champions League.

Other features are yet to be decided!

Sound Type:
    RAhV5wy.png

I'm introducing the Sound type into the game, many Pokemon have been re-typed to the Sound type, this includes Chingling/Chimecho (Psychic/Sound), Jigglypuff line (Sound/Fairy), Chatot (Sound/Flying) Yanma/Yanmega (Bug/Sound) among others.

Some attacks have also been re-typed like Growl, Hyper Voice, Echoed Voice, Supersonic, Sonicboom, Sing and Round.

The Starters:

Pinecoon – Grass Type – Tiny Raccoon Pokemon
    Calfire – Fire Type – Calf Pokemon
    Mizumi – Water Type – Pony Pokemon

Progress:
    At the moment I've only worked on completing the sprites, tiles, characters, game dialog and storyline, all that needs to be done is putting it all into the game maker to get it going.

Screens:
    lrV4fe8.png

hmmFxCr.png

9P9urPc.png

(More will be uploaded soon)

Credits:

Sprites – WaterTrainer
    Tiles – WaterTrainer
    Mappers – Rayquaza./Water Trainer
    Scripters - Rayquaza.

I'm recruiting people who want to help out with this project as I want to get a demo out asap.

Last edited:

UnOvAEinall

UnOvA
    Years
  • First of all, I do really love SLLD!
    In my opinion it is the best english fanmade Pokémon game...
    The graphics and fakemon are awesome, but I hope that you will concentrate more on Story here...
    The current maps doesnt look so good..Like the indoor tileset ;-;
    However Im still excited for more!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    First of all, I do really love SLLD!
    In my opinion the best english fanmade Pokémon game...
    The graphics and fakemon are awsome, but I hope that you will concentrate more on Story here...

Thanks, these are just testing maps, not the actual final maps, I quite like the tiles actually, all the tiles are self made by me, still a lot of practicing to do to get them looking great :)

PokeVec40

Pokémon Exile Developer
    Years
  • First of all, I really liked SL/LD and am looking forward to what's coming next! I'm pretty excited with where Pokémon Theos is going. If I could do anything to help with some minor stuff, I'd be glad to help, though I'm working on a project of my own. I'm pretty experienced in Ruby if you need any game scripts edited, otherwise good luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    First of all, I really liked SL/LD and am looking forward to what's coming next! I'm pretty excited with where Pokémon Theos is going. If I could do anything to help with some minor stuff, I'd be glad to help, though I'm working on a project of my own. I'm pretty experienced in Ruby if you need any game scripts edited, otherwise good luck!

This game is going to be made with RPG Maker, so it's not a rom :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    The graphics look kind've neat, though that grass tile is immensely oversaturated and rather hurts the eyes to look at. Looking forward to it though!

Years
  • Glad to see you are back in action with another game project. This looks good so far! Based on your accomplishments with SL/LD I'm sure that you can go on to create another excellent fangame. Those starters are really cute, too!

I have high hopes for this project. In particular I hope it has a good storyline, that was the one part of Solar and Lunar that could really have used some improvement. But now that you have already made a game, you know how this works by now and I'm sure this game will not disappoint.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    The graphics look kind've neat, though that grass tile is immensely oversaturated and rather hurts the eyes to look at. Looking forward to it though!

That's just a forest grass tile, the actual grass tile is a little more chalk like, similar to HG/SS colour, this forest is mean to be fairy like :)
    Also, the forest will have a shadow over it to make it look more forest like.

Glad to see you are back in action with another game project. This looks good so far! Based on your accomplishments with SL/LD I'm sure that you can go on to create another excellent fangame. Those starters are really cute, too!

I have high hopes for this project. In particular I hope it has a good storyline, that was the one part of Solar and Lunar that could really have used some improvement. But now that you have already made a game, you know how this works by now and I'm sure this game will not disappoint.

I'm still coming up with a story line for this game cause I do want to make it more of a story and not so straight forward like SL/LD, also, SL/LD story line is just basic at the moment cause the final version of the game is where we're fixing up things, editing and changing a lot, Team Solar/Lunar will also look different.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I loved SL/LD and I can't wait for this. :)
    For people who are helping out, I can do game dialog but that is really it.

UnOvAEinall

UnOvA
    Years
  • If I have time, I can help you eith mapping.
    However if I finish my first Project I will have more time...
    To map in style of SW is easy...

Im also working as a mapper in Ocean Blue and it is fun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2021
    It's still alive? Let's go! Don't stop now, buddy!

Yes! it's still going! I'm just planning out the pokedex before I start working on the sprites, I've almost completed the entire regions tileset, I hope to have a demo out soon.

I'm needing someone who can create designs for the trainers/gym leaders as well as trainer sprites (as I'm terrible at them)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    First of all, I do really love SLLD!
    In my opinion it is the best english fanmade Pokémon game...
    The graphics and fakemon are awesome, but I hope that you will concentrate more on Story here...

What is SL and LD?

Back