• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Evoultion

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I personally like this CBS. I've been meaning to do one myself for sometime, but haven't had the time to do so.

Good luck.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys, FireKP1 that's fine, at least now i know why :D, Zidanes this is being made with rpgmaker 2003 or rm2k3 as its also known.

Right so far all i really have to do to get the battle system finished, by finished i mean not including all the pokemon added and their stats, all that really needs to be done is, Switching pokemon (in progress), Run (from battle), Finishing the battle ( Gaining expirence, etc.) hmm and i think thats it, once i have the basics done, i will start with the CMS and then i can release a demo in no time :D

Right ill update you all later

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2007
    This is being made on RM2K3 !?! Wow, you guys with these CBSs on RM2K3 are amazing. Btw, can you please PM me or something about how to make a CBS kind of like this so I can make a future game ( not pokemon ). I promise that I wont take away your credited work.;)

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • Zidanes i'll be glad to help you, anytime you need help just ask, and if you get stuck hehe, and RM2k3 in my opinion is Pro :D only cos i know how to use it, right so far havent done much although i am a lazy person, i've started the switching, basically half way through, a screenie below, ill be posting a screenie of actual switching later.

Here's the screenie enjoy :D

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The story seems average, but I absolutely love the battle system ^_^ Your mapping, however, seems a little empty. It's a common problem, but can easily be solved by adding trees, flowers and rocks. Also, you need Pokémon overworlds instead of just Pokémon icons (I have a couple you could use, just pm me if you're interested in seeing them)

I can tell this game is going to be great ^_^

Oh, and before I forget, I really think you should get someone to check your grammar, spelling and punctuation. The battle text should say, ''The wild Pikachu dodged your (I personally thing ''the'' would sound better there, but...) Pokéball (the capital ''P'' and the ''´'' above ''e'' are optional). Try weakening it (I think ''first'' would sound good after ''it'', but that's just my opinion again)'', instead of ''wild Pikachu Dodged your pokeball. try weaking it''.

Despite the gramatical errors, this game seems great, keep up the good work ^_^

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys, i've been at work most of today hehe so no uipdate right now.

Smarties-kun: Thanks for the encouragement, and the help with grammer hehe, my weakness, i agree with adding the words you have suggested, cheers for the help there, my mapping has alot of space for improvement, and i do intend to but, at the moment im focusing only on the battle system, i did them maps abit quick, but they are going to be redone after the basics of the CBS and CMS are done, and thanks for the offer on the Pokemon overworlds, i'll have to take you up on that offer !

Updates will be added later tonight sometime !

Edit:
    Later is now hehe, right its a small update you have to give me credit, adding the second pokemon to the switching system does take soem time, all the variables and branchers i have to use hehe right a small screen not completely finished the second pokemon slot is you can see hehe, as you may notice pikachu at this stage is the only pokemon added well for the moment.

Heres the screen enjoy !

Edit, Edit:
    Well i've done alittle more, no comments were posted so i had to edit it and copy it again -.-, Oh well the update is the switching system, it now shows there hp, pp and lv and now im adding code for charmander ! so now you will see charmander in my screenies hehe.

Well enjoy

Another Edit =/:
    Right huge update, ok well not so huge hehe, the switching system is basically done, you can switch pokemon now, charmander, and squirtle have been coded into the game, at their basic stage.

Right some screenies !

Right next few screens show off, Smarties-kun new squirtle overworld, all credit to him !

Comment's please !

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Very nice screens, but one thing about the CBS is that Pokemon have global PP, not a PP for attack, specil and defensive... The user could just use powerful attcks a lot of times.
    Illusion

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • Ahhh thats true, the cbs has only global pp, But if you use the more powerful attacks for example thunder (im still deciding on how much it uses) it takes 10+ PP which means it would run out faster.

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • No demo dates as of now, but i wouldn't think it would take longer than a few weeks, or a month. Basically all the battle system done, the things i now have to work on are, gaining exp, the end of a battle, lvling, and the run option (easy as pie ! Lmao) then i have to do trainer battle, just remebered that, then i've got to do, the CMS, and then it's just mapping and the storyline, so not too much hehe

Right no new updates, haven't been spending too much time on it atm, but im still getting it done. I'll post updates as soon as there done hehe.

Ciao !

Chazzy

RM2K3 User
    Years
  • Well, the overworlds i have, the icons (Pikachu, Charmander etc.) Are only tempery (sorry for spelling, i can't spell tempery), Smarties-kun is currently spriting up some new overworlds, for example the Squirtle, thats one he's done.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Great screenies, Chazzy _^^ Even though my Squirtle overworld doesn't look too good D= I need to re-do the front sprites >D

You have done a great job on the CBS so far, keep it up Chazzy =D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Dude....*death song of pacman*....this game's awesome! The CBS is awesome, would you mind pming me the gist of how to make it? Keep making man!

Edit: FIRST POST!!!

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
  • Cool cbs, I like moving around the map during battles. Looking at the PP comments, you basically just used the same idea as MP, which should work much better (I always thought individual PP was...weird on a per skill basis). Great work!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    If you need me to work on Over worlds, you just need to say...I mean here are some squirtle Ones I Made In the past 5 Mins...View attachment 32508

I Hope those Prove I am quite a helpful addition to the project...

Toadsworth

I'm bored..... Blerk...
    Years
  • pretty good game, but there needs to be something done with the lettertype, it has one pixel or something!

Back