• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Guardians of Sobta [T] [OOC]

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
NifTc9Q.png

RmNMVp8.png

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the Sobta Region far away from the bustling Kanto Region, exotic Hoenn Region, Chilly Sinnoh Region and Mountainous Unova Region. Teh Sobta Region lies in a far away place which has a varying climate but is mostly Tropical. The region itself is home to many Pokemon from across the Pokemon world. The Proffessor of the region, Prof. Larch is currently researching into Pokemon biology and why some Pokemon have evolved to become the way they are.

Enter... You!

Welcome you a new trainer hailing from the small Western part of the continent in a Northern little town called Elegno Town, you live here with your mother and have been waiting for this opportunity your entire life, to start your pokemon journey. Professor Larch has invited you and your young neighboring friend to visit his lab to recieve your Starter Pokemon between Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott.

This is where it gets interesting, you the player have a rival but this rival is another player, you must agree who will be your rival and you must both post who your rival is as well as which one has the type advantage starter.

How you play determines how far you go

Where you Go
In the Sobta region Routes, Mountains, Seas and Forests are huge meaning you can't simply traverse half the region in a day no. Simply getting through the first route is going to take you at least one IC day however towns and other landmarks you will be able to get through pretty quickly.

Time is of the essence

Time is supposed to be fun, so don't waste it! I've decided we can get more done in a day with the Pokemon so I'm lowering restraints. Here are some examples of time used in the IC thread:
Travelling Route (Medium): 1/2 hr
Travelling Route (Snow): 3/2 hr
Challenge Gym: 20 min
Gym Leader: 15 min (Time Limit)
Major Event: 10 min - 45 min
Minor Event: 2 min - 10 min
Elite Four: 7.5 min (Time Limit per E4)
Champion: Infinite (Take as long as you need)

That thing your supposed to do

Yep just like most Pokemon Games you are determined to be the greatest trainer and whether that means trying to leave your rival in the dust or swamping through the Gyms and routes there is still some time you must spend doing a little thing called travelling the world searching far and wide trying to catch 'em all!

You, Your Pokemon and Evolution

While your Pokemon don't have levels they will be signaled as to learning new moves, receiving evolutionary items and your hint to Pokemon ready for evolution by level will be your handy friend in time the Evo-Candy. The Evo-Candy is what scientists in Sobta have referred to as an outbreak in genius, after some field tests and a few hundred Bibarels later the Evo-Candy was completed permitting the Pokemon of the Sobta region to evolve when the Pokemon is ready.

What's that rustling in the Grass

Oh a Pokemon, Pokemon Battles in Sobta can take some time however fear not as the variety of Pokemon won't leave a sour taste in your mouth and every battle lets you Fight, Capture and use an item so don't feel down if the Pokeball doesn't work the first time because you'll always have the chance to knock the Pokemon out.

The number after six

Your Pokebelt has six slots, that means six Pokemon however never fear as Ests Inc. has given us the technology, what is this technology you ask why the Pokebuddy a handy tool which allows you to deposit, withdraw and move Pokemon on the go, so you don't have to worry about spending al that time at the Pokemon Center (note: Pokemon will not heal while in the Pokebox as you must physically go heal your pokemon to do so)

You're the Boy or Girl?

We're all a bit forgetful at times but fear not you amnesia can be torn away with this handy Sign-Up Sheet. This is an example Template so don't bother copying it.

Character's Name: Random X. Example (Middle and Surnames are optional)
Appearance: Hair Colour, Height, Weight, Skin Tone, Significant Features
Personality: Nature, Likes, Dislikes, Your Strengths and Weaknesses
Game Difficulty: This one determines how tough the game will be (Choose Easy/Medium/Hard/Extreme)
Character History: Who were you before, what did you do, did you have anything traumatic or eventful happen?
Rival: Neighbor A. Rival (Check with Rival for full Name
Starter: Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott (Rival cannot have same starter as you)
Extra: Something that doesn't go above (delete this part if there is nothing)

Follow This

1) Regular PC rules and code of conduct
2) Follow all important instructions by those I elect as GM and myself
3) Don't try to hack, obey time laws and don't kill your rival to a pulp
4) The story will kick you and push you to where you don't want to go, deal with it I will PM you about upcoming story chunks
5) The list of Pokemon Below is the Pokedex deal with it there are some 350 regular pokemon so don't cry
6) Legendaries cannot be caught EVER also legendaries not involved in the Story will have locations where you can encounter them, after defeating the Elite Four
7) Gyms, ok lets get this straight you and your rival can challenge a Gym at the same time except the Gym Leader but only one pair can challenge a Gym at any time ok :)
8) This game be rated T for Teen so watch your mouth about them Gore, Violence and Adult Themes
9) The Pokedex is set in Stone it will not change
10) HAVE SOME FUN I ORDER IT BY RULE 2

Towns and Cities
Spoiler:

Pokemon Gyms
Spoiler:

Pokedex
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters
1: Henry L. Kyrine & Snivy (Serperion) + Zachary W. Reynolds & Oshawott (GoldenRayquaza) - Hard Difficulty
2: ??? & ??? (???) + Sophie Tomlinson & Snivy (Nymue) - Hard Difficulty
3: Mario Santiago & Oshawott (Totodile12345) + Cheryl Teak & Snivy (PixieCircle8) - Hard Difficulty
4: Corey Bohan & Oshawott (ShinyHoundoom92) + ??? & ??? (???) - Hard Difficulty
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Last edited:

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Alright here is my SU Sheet just so you understand

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Great to here GoldenRayquaza I accept you as my rival, although I'm gonna need you to make an SU sheet, also it's your pick on difficulty and whether you have the starting advantage or I do. I'm leaving these two up to you :P

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
'Kay. Type advantage's yours, I love Oshawott.

Spoiler:

Sorry for the double-post, but why does it still say (Reserved) for me? And also, most GMs post to say if someone's SU is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Oh right sorry GoldenRayquaza your SU is approved

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Ok, Heretostay123 I'll reserve you, you'll need to find a rival or by luck have one find you also of course I'll neeed you to fill in a SU Sheet

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Herotostay123 As long as it's one of the Unova Starters I'm fine with it, It will be your rival you'll need to discuss that with

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot until I can find a good rival :) I'll choose my pokemon depending on my rivals choice >:)

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Ok Pixelcircle8 and Totodile12345 You are both reserved so just post your SU sheets when you're ready

Also for those wondering how Sobta is pronounced it is

So-ta

The "B" is silent

Totodile12345

Newbie Writer
Years
Character's Name: Mario Santiago

Appearance: Mario has short dark brown hair, more spikey at the front and flatter in the back. Mario is about 5'9 weighing around 150-160 ibs (with muscle, without muscle he'd weigh around 120-125 ibs.) He has a fair tan without being to light, but he isn't that dark as well. The only noticable difference is that he has a scar on his right eye.

Personality: Mario has a very peaceful nature, thinking everything can be solved through words without people having to be hurt in the process. He has a pretty large minded view of things, and can almost nearly come up with a strategy for any situation. There are times when he can't concentrate, which in turn stops him from thinking of any strategy. Mario seems to prefer making friends, and helping people out where ever he go's, if he see's someone in trouble you know he'll do anything he can to help. He also likes to play with his Pokemon, and can be seen playing tag or some other game with his Pokemon. He dislikes when he see's people hurting or fighting, since he grew up in such a hateful environment most of his life, he didn't want any one to suffer like he had. He also hates those who think of their Pokemon as tools, instead of friends or family. Mario's someone who's fairly smart, and he can come up with a strategy on the spot. But, Mario's known to get distracted by things very easily, and can drift off at the weirdest times, even in the middle of a conversation.

Game Difficulty: Hard (If its okay with my partner.)

Character History: Mario Santiago was always good with Pokemon, he was known for taking care of the towns Pokemon, and was told he'd make a good Pokemon Breeder one day. He also began to write a little about his experiences with the Pokemon he took care of and helped train for actual trainers. This began to inspire him to try and travel. One day he had been playing with the Pokemon when he ran into a group of cloaked men. They seemed just as surprised as Mario when they bumped into him. They immediately tried to grab him but ended up scratching the right side of his face when he took a step back and tripped over one of the Pokemon he was playing with at the time. He then proceeded to rush the Pokemon out of the area while trying to run away himself. The Pokemon he tripped on was grabbed, and he never forgave himself for this. He swore to himself that he would find this Pokemon, but also to find out who those people with the cloaks we're as well. His parent's argued constantly after this and he couldn't really understand why. Nothing else major really occurred.

Rival: Cheryl Teak

Starter: Oshawott

Last edited:

PixieCircle8

Writer // Roleplayer
Years

■Character's Name■
Cheryl Teak

■Gender■
Female

■Age■

■Appearance■
Cheryl got a creamy light brown-silky hair and dark cream eyes. Her height is around 4'9" and her weight is rather balancing her slender body. Her skin is japanese pure-white but really sensitive and that's making her skin easily burned and then revert back after been given a special cream that she always bring. Her skin is rather smooth too even she doesn't goes for treatment as a girl, her natural beauties is inherited from her mother and her easily burned skin is inherited from her father.

She usually wears bandanna on her hair to make her silky hair doesn't go tangled, she wears a white blouse with a yellow ribbon that covered by a creamy-brown sweater. She wears blue short skirt and long black socks and of course, black shoes.

■Personality■
Cheryl is a Relax nature but yet, she's strong-willed and fun to be with. She lives calmly and usually reads book under a tree and attract many grass type pokemon around her, she then sometimes played with them. Cheryl is good at understanding pokemon and others, she's knowledgable and strategist at anything. But, Cheryl is easily forget, clumsy and too realistic, she never go and has a big and high dream to got.

She's funny and brave to be with, but she doesn't ruckus and her heart always set to be relaxed. She's a good friend that never leaves friend, although she's a bit of naive and easily deceived.

■Character History■
Cheryl is a girl that always found herself calmly reads a book at home, she's knowledgable and fond of many education things. She always quiet and lonely by herself, her mother that easily sick just want her to grow up happily but Cheryl only sighed.

Her green tea was stealed when she reads a book and eventually she then founds out outside that a pokemon steal her green tea and they are meeting each other and become a good friends. Somehow, Cheryl become more friendly and more open up herself, she still calm but she's caring and kind to others and got her competent and strong-willed side.

Her mom happy that her only daughter is growing brightly now, with a permission, Cheryl can go to explore the world herself and her pokemon later.

■Game Difficulty■
Hard

■Rival■
Mario Santiago

■Starter■
Snivy

Last edited:

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Ok you two are both fine so Mario Santiago has Oshawott and Cheryl Teak has Snivy

Also everyone who looks at this thread I just want you to be aware I'm gonna be away from Monday to Thursday so yeh... Hopefully Goldenrayquaza will be able to take in any other SU for the time being but don't bother waiting till I come back this is pretty much the first place I'll go once I'm back so :)

Last edited:
Back