• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon the Internet Ruined For You

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What are Pokemon the internet has ruined for you?

Hypo was ruined for me because of all those creepypasta of it kidnapping children.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I guess Gardevoir or Lopunny because ... you know, the unpleasant things done to them.

I've seen things I long to forget.

Years
  • yep, I second Gardevoir and Lopunny. rule 34 can ruin a lot of pokemon and memories heh

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I don't think the internet has ruined any Pokémon for me! I've always loved Gardevoir and Lopunny, I just don't pay any mind to what other people think.

Years
  • i have used gardevoir WAY too much in teams to give a damn about what the internet thinks about it

dont think the internet has ruined any one particular pokemon for me, though.

pkmin3033

The internet didn't ruin Pokemon like Lucario and Greninja, they were already shit to begin with.

Tangela/Tangrowth are definitely ones that were ruined for me, though. You think Lopunny/Gardevoir are bad? Trust me, you ain't seen nothing...
    ngl I find people's obsession with Eevee and its evolutions very off-putting as well in some cases

Years
  • Used to think drifloon was cute till I found out it's dark side on the internet...
    ....which was apparently already mentioned in one or several of it's dex entries anyway.... 😔

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually the Pokémon that were ruined for me were because of the anime. Whatever bizarre stuff people might have done with Pokémon like Gardevoir, Lucario, Delphox, etc. doesn't bother me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Used to think drifloon was cute till I found out it's dark side on the internet...
    ....which was apparently already mentioned in one or several of it's dex entries anyway.... 😔

Oh, shit, yup Drifloon. Will never think the same about Drifloon again after seeing animations through Dorkly about it literally kidnapping a baby from a couple's hands...

Years
  • dont think the internet has ruined any one particular pokemon for me, though.

This. There's definitely some weird stuff online about certain mons but it hasn't ruined anything for me. I will continue to like Gardevoir and Lucario. :D

drifloon though yeah that's always amusing lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Luckily the internet has not ruined any Pokemon for me! I tend to avoid areas that might lead towards that lol Although I definitely agree with the ghost Pokemon stuff discussed above. I never thought too hard about a lot of the ghost Pokedex entries until coming to forums, but holy cow they can be really creepy!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I guess Charizard? It never really bothered me much. It was just another starter. At least until I got to the internet and saw all the hype around it. It doesn't help that GF went full in on it, making it a lot more prominent in the games by giving it 2 megas and turning it into the ace of the gen 8 champion and what not.

SadOldMan

Developer/Epic Gamer/Humanoid Entity
    Years
  • "in terms of male human and female Pokémon breeding, Vaporeon is the most compatible Pokémon for...."
    When I read that I can't stand seing a vaporeon anymore. Just the thought of it makes me extremely unconfortable. Especially because there was a picture attached to that paragraph that got recorded permanently in my mind.
    When I send a vaporeon to battle you see it from behind, that doesn't help.

I only hope I'm not the only one traumatized by this.

Years
  • All that Pokesmut is pretty darn wrong for sure, but I tend to just ignore them. I dunno why, but it doesn't really leave that much of a lasting impression on me.

Back