• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Orange Islands

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
Years
  • Simplicity my friend, that is the answer you are seeking. This type of game is hard enough to code, let alone having over 400 pokemon. Nintendo can go overboard but I choose not to. I may make a sequel if this one turns out good.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • Well, as promised, here's a picture of the pokemon stat screen. It is 100% complete and works great. Next up, I will be making the pokedex(Or possible a beta battle system, i'm not sure yet).

What do ya think?

PS: Natures are also 100% complete.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Well, as promised, here's a picture of the pokemon stat screen. It is 100% complete and works great. Next up, I will be making the pokedex(Or possible a beta battle system, i'm not sure yet).

What do ya think?

PS: Natures are also 100% complete.

Overall, it looks great. Unfortunately, I noticed a little problem. Have a look at the corners of the type pictures, and tell me what you see. I see black dots where it should be transpatent. I hope you can fix it.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • Well aren't you the keener, lol. Yea it'll be fixed. Thanks for the comment.

Update:
    The battle system has been back to the drawing table and the final design is now complete. I think you all will like the new approach that I am taking with the battle scene. I will hopefully have a pic by the end of the week.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    This game really looks interesting...it's a shame that not all the Poké's will be in it. But if there are more games to come, as you said (from what I could understand, I'm dutch XD), it's gonna be great! And do the natures and stats already umm...work?

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
  • Wow, this looks really promising. I love the fact that you're making the pokemon league tournament style which I thought Nintendo should have always done in the first place like the anime.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments everyone. The more comments I get the more motivated I am to continue working on this project.

@UnitRico--> Yes, all the stats and everything to do with them are working swell.
    @Master Charizard--> I too always wished that the pokemon league was like the anime. It makes it a lot more fun to keep entering.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • No i didnt mean put all the pokemon in it, its not that but in the anime there was johto (2nd gen) pokemon on the orange islands not loads but about 10-20 if i remember right. Or more, i just think that it should be kept like it was in the anime if its the orange islands.

PokeFanatic12698

Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • nice. i just hope this game keeps on updating. oh yeah, and if you are going to realease the second part of the game, will it have 4th gen pokemon?

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • I barely know anything about the 4th Generation of pokemon. You may possibly see some 3rd generation but not likely 4th.

Waudby

Once you get past the 3rd generation its hard to find all the base stats and all that jazz.

Legaia, if you need any pokemon data I have alot of it, I have all of the pokedex listings and pokedex descriptions, also I have items and moves etc.

Not sure if you need any of them.

Legaia

Ultimate Sphere User
    Years
  • No I'm actually good when it comes to that stuff. Thanks anyway, I'll know who to ask if I decide to implement more pokemon ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Oh. This looks awesome. Good luck with the game. I really hope you can finish this. So many fangames/hacks go unfinished...

So far I really like it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    i see alot of nice stuff hope you get finished....or come out with demo..but yea cant wait

Back