• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Path Towards The Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • After getting changed, organizing his supplies and having breakfast, Kieran checked the time - it was 7:15 am. Good, he would get the best of the morning on his first day. His parents were at work, but they already knew he would be leaving today - and he might see them at the lab anyway. Kieran threw on his bag, slipped his trainers on and left the house.

It was a nice little five minute walk form his house to the lab. The road was by a number of nice houses, and Kieran could see the beach not too far off either. Luckily, it wasn't as busy as it usually was because it was still pretty early. Upon approaching the lab entrance, Kieran remembered that Professor Oak was filling in for Prof. Kirin - this thought made him jump with exitement. What would he be like in person?

Kieran entered the lab as he always did and walked a little into the building. There, he was stopped by the said professor, who, as usual, had a smile on his face, "Good morning. And you are?"
    "Oh, hi! I'm Kieran Maveric, my parents work here."
    "Ah yes I've been hearing about you from your parents, and they told me you'd be coming," Oak gestured to one of the doors nearby, and when Kieran looked through it, he saw his dad working away at a desk. His dad saw him, and he waved. Kieran waved back, releasing a small grin on his face.
    "Now follow me, here's the best bit..."

Oak led Kieran into a room with many pokemon contained within 'cases' as such. He looked in awe as he saw such things as a Totodile, a Nidoran... he could even see a Scyther!
    "Now on you go and pick your first pokemon," Oak said, "choose carefully, as once you make the choice there's no changing..."
    "Kay!" Kieran said enthusiastically. He walked along the room, seeing what was on offer. There were so many to choose from! He only glanced at the weak pokemon like Caterpie or Pidgey, but he gawped at things like Charmander and Elekid - seeing an Onix in a huge container caused Kieran to pause and stare.

After seeing all of the pokemon on offer, Kieran caught sight of something that he missed before, "Woooaa..." he gasped. It was a rocky looking pokemon who, with it's horn, resembled a rhino. He knelled down at it's container to get a glimpse of it's face. The pokemon stared back, not really caring. "This one!" Kieran said to the professor, who aproached him.

"Hmm... a Rhyhorn. Are you sure?" Oak said with a slight tone of seriousness to his voice, "Not only is it known for being wreckless, but it takes a long time to raise." he continued. Kieran looked again at Rhyhorn. This time it looked back at him aswell. From looking at it, he could get a feeling of the power it had, and imagined how useful it would be in battle. And the bottom line was that he was it's master, so it had to obey him, no matter what. Kieran stood up and answered the professor, "Yes, I'm sure. Rhyhorn looks too good to pass on."
    "Hmm..." Oak said as he opened Rhyhorn's container and retrieved it into it's pokeball, "Y'know, I like your style," he said, "but don't let your judgement of others take control, okay?"
    "Sure!" Kieran said extatically as he was handed his new Rhyhorn's pokeball, "No worries!"

Back at the entrance, Oak brought a tray to Kieran, "Now then, take these." He handed five pokeballs to Kieran, who slipped them into a side compartment of his bag,
    "...for catching other pokemon of course." He handed him the last item, "Now this is the most important peice of equipment - the Pokedex." Kieran took the red and black device and flipped it open, "this machine not only records data on any pokemon you see or catch, but it also proves your status as a pokemon league trainer!" Kieran looked at the Pokedex in awe, this meant he was now an official Pokemon Trainer!

Outside, Kieran walked along the road towards Pineapple Town's exit. He clutched his newest pokemon in his hand and looked at it, "It's just you and me Rhyhorn!"

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • OOC: Wow, these posts are great, each special in their own way! :D

Fire2100:
    Lovely post, the connection with your history, but it's not his lab, just for let you know, okay? :D
    You received a Level 5 Female Taillow!
    You got a National Pokedex!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

FernisΩ: Can't wait to see how the underdogs go! Nice post :]
    You received a Level 5 Male Magikarp!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

SethMetal37:
    Someone is excited about starting their adventure! Great post!
    You received a Level 5 Female Chinchou!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

You Had Me At Hello:
    Your character will have to wait, there's lots of mysteries to be uncovered xD
    You received a Level 5 Male Bulbasaur!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

Omnizaru:
    Hehe, very nice. He seemed like a kid in a candy store x3 Good post!
    You received a Level 5 Male Rhyhorn!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

Since the majority of you have posted, the first route will be up soon and some action can start! :D

Chapter 2: Route 301
    Number of Posts: 2

Description: A route with patches of grass and trees. Up ahead is a quiet little pond with rare Pokémon surrounding the area. It gives off the feeling of life all over.

What can you do in a Route?
    Capture Pokemon
    Battle Trainers
    Find Items

Now you can do anything else besides those things, I mean we're human aren't we? Anyways, you cannot meet any of the other trainers, I also just want your find to be realistic, and I want everyone to have fun, let's see what wild Pokémon we have here today?

How I level you and how I grade you're catching, depending on how long your post is and if you have a battle that'll increase your Pokémon's level. When you're trying to catch a Pokémon, you cannot decide if you catch it, when you're trying to catch a Pokémon you have to finish it off at that because you cannot continue until you know that it was caught. Again, depending on how long your post is, I'll let it be caught.

Wild Pokémon
    Pidgey

Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye, Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Rattata

Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away, Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (Level 4)
    Rarity: Common

Bellsprout

Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Vine Whip
    Rarity: Uncommon

Ralts

Type: Psychic
    Ability: Trace, Synchronize
    Attacks: Growl
    Rarity: Rare

Pachirisu

Type: Electric
    Ability: Run Away, Pickup
    Attacks: Growl, Bide
    Rarity: Rare

Last edited:

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • OOC: Do you mind if I cut my posts into one? If that's okay, I'll do it all the time.

Makani looked at the his cell phone and it was about that time to leave, so he put Taillow back inside its pokeball and left. He had a map of the region calculated into his cell phone, so he checked to see where to go next. It read that he must go into Route 301, so he looked where the route was located and when he found it, he started walking. He was on the route of 301 and then he looked around the route, just to make sure he knew what types of Pokemon there were. He say wild Pidgey, wild Rattata, and wild Bellsprout.

''Wow, there's so many wild Pokemon in this route, I'm thinking of catching a Pachirisu for the speed, and to tough up Taillow, I think she'll wont mind it at all,'' Makani said to himself.

So there he went, he went wild Pokemon hunting on Route 301. Makani started walking at a straight direction and when he heard a noise, he looked left and right, both ways were clumps of forests and brush. He kept on walking on the route and then, suddenly, he tripped over something that he didn't see on the route. He climbed himself to a decent position to see what he tripped on and when he found out, he saw a wild Bellsprout on the ground. He climbed over to the wild Bellsprout and saw that it was hurt.

''Wow, I really messed you up didn't I, tripping over you and not paying attention,'' Makani said. ''I don't know what to do anymore, I hurt you, thinking of catching you, or just be a dumb head and just risk my life to save you by running to the nearest pokecenter.''

As you know, Makani didn't know what to do since he's a risk taker and wanted to run a mile to risk his life for the wild Bellsprout's life, but he was so anxious to catch the Bellsprout, pretty much any Pokemon actually. He sat there with the wild Bellsprout near him and thought that it wouldn't be his decision, but Taillow's decision, so he took out Taillow. Taillow came out of its pokeball and saw the wild Bellsprout lying there on the ground, hurt. He saw Taillow looking at the hurt wild Bellsprout for a couple of seconds and than he looked at the wild Bellsprout. He knew that flying type Pokemon were strong against grass type Pokemon so he told Taillow what it wanted to do.

''So, what do you want to do?'' Makani asked. ''Do you want to attack it or should I catch it so it can be your friend?''

Makani looked at Taillow and saw that Taillow was thinking on what to do. Inside its mind, it wanted to attack it, but it also wanted Makani to have a strong team as well. The wild Bellsprout was still lying there alone, hurt, and then Taillow decided as one little screeching sound, to catch it and make it a friend. Taillow thought it was a good idea and then she waited for Makani to catch the wild Bellsprout. So there it was, he looked inside his backpack for a pokeball.

''Okay than Taillow, if this is what you want, a friend is what you're going to have,'' Makani said.

Makani threw the pokeball at the wild Bellsprout and when it was safely inside the pokeball, he and Taillow was happy that he caught his first Pokemon. So than, Makani and Taillow both decided to catch the wild Bellsprout. Now, all they have to do is think of what's going to happen next. While he was thinking, he put Taillow back in its pokeball and walked some more on Route 301. He started walking and saw more wild Pokemon to catch, but he didn't want to suffer an unused pokeball.

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------

Makani walked some more on Route 301 and then he kept on thinking that he was going to make it to the dream of him as a Pokemon gym leader. He was thinking what Pokemon he would master and than he thought of his Taillow, as he was going to be a flying type Pokemon gym leader or something else, or maybe being a Pokemon professor. As he was still walking, he felt a long breeze of air coming towards his face. A strong piece of wind it was, Makani putting his hands up high to the sky. He kept on walking on the route and finally, he saw a ball shape far ahead, so he ran to see what it was.

''I wonder what that could be, I know there's no wild Voltorb or wild Electrode on this route, so it must be an item of some sort,'' Makani said to himself.

Makani walked up further towards the item ball and when he opened it, he saw a potion inside. He thought it was useful for his newly caught Bellsprout to heal so he took out Bellsprout and sprayed some of the potion on Bellsprout. After the spray, Bellsprout was feeling great about itself now. Since he took out Bellsprout, why won't he take out his Taillow as well. So he did do it and Taillow and Bellsprout was talking away, side by side.

''Do you hear that guys, that's a pond up there,'' Makani said. ''Let's go over there and get a drink of water.''

Makani and his Pokemon started walking over to the pond and when they were there, he saw a wild Ralts and a wild Pachirisu. He wanted to catch them all but he ignored them and took a palms worth of water into his mouth. Taillow and Bellsprout did as well, but Bellsprout needed help with the water, so Makani helped it, putting a hand full of water into its bell shaped mouth. He told the guys that it was time to go, so he took out his cell phone. He looked at his cell phone and then suddenly, a wild Pachirisu came up and took his cell phone right out of his hands, but Taillow caught the wild Pachirisu and brought it back to Makani.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • OOC: I don't mind, but you might not get the Pokemon you're trying to catch :P Just to let you know, but I'll allow you to do 2 posts in one.

Fire2100: Those were good posts there! Glad you got the cell phone back :]
    You caught a Level 3 Male Bellsprout!
    You got a Potion and used it :P

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Chase had decided that it was time to leave Pineapple Village and head toward the first route. However, he wasn't exactly sure where the route was. With curiosity in mind, he could have just run blindly until he found it, but he was a rather logical person, so he instead went to the Pineapple Village Poke-mart. When he walked into the mart there was a man who was standing next to the counter. Chase, although not the friendliest person, was quite sociable and something told him to go and talk to this man.

"Hello young man" the gentleman started, without any indication that Chase was going to in fact talk to him. "Say, what might be your purpose in this Village of Pineapple?" "Uh, I'm going to become a Pokémon Trainer" he said, as if he was caught off guard. "Well, by the looks of it, you already have." "What? How could you know--""Your Poke balls child, a young man such as yourself doesn't just walk around with them, now does he?" "Oh yes, that was quite foolish of me, I'm sorry" said Chase "No matter, I can tell your quite nervous, but what need of you in such a store as this one, Professor Kirin usually gives out everything a beginning Trainer needs." "Oh, uh I was looking for a map of Herion, do they sell them here?" "No I'm afraid they do not, but I can give you something that contains a map, as well as a memory for battles and many other features as well" "Really?" Chase responded. He knew there was a reason he should talk to him. "Yes it's called a POKeNAV, I invented it myself, in the far way region of Hoenn" "Really, so how much can I pay you for this?" "Noting" Replied the gentleman. "Say, I have forgotten to ask your name young man" "I'm sorry, it's Chase" "Chase is it, well my name is Mr. Devon, here is your very own POKeNAV, but be careful, not many trainers in this region will have that device" "I will, thank you very much Mr. Devon"

Chase walked out of the Poke-mart, puzzled by the generosity of Mr. Devon, but that wasn't really important. He unfolded the POKeNAV to look at the different features it encompassed. "A phone, a map of 5 different regions, a radio, wow this thing is full of options" he said to himself. He then looked on the map of Herion to see in which direction Route 301 would be. He then followed the direction and headed into Route 301. He stepped out into the route and saw a beautiful landscape, full of trees and grass, and a beautiful pond. The pond looked as if it was full of Pokémon commotion and life in general. Chase walked around the route, no more than two minutes, before a bug-catcher challenged him.

"Hello, newbie trainer, prepare for your world to be rocked by bug Pokémon!"
    "Oh really now, a bug-catcher? OK we can do this Chinchou, let's go!" a white beam flashed onto the ground and Chinchou emerged. "Chou" said Chinchou. "Alright Caterpie, let's do this!" the bug-catcher said enthusiastically. "Alright Caterpie lets show him how it's done, Tackle!" "Chinchou just wait!" Caterpie ran toward Chinchou at full speed, not giving up, as its target was still. "Caterpie keep going" "Alright Chinchou now jump!" Chinchou had jumped right before Caterpie would have hit her and Caterpie continued to run, unable to stop, until he crashed right into a rock. "Now Chinchou, while it's dazed use Supersonic!" Chinchou emitted a wave of noise, causing Caterpie to become confused. "No, Caterpie, we can still win this, tackle!" Caterpie instead of tackling ran around in circles falling down once every couple of circles. "Now finish it off Chinchou, Bubble!" Chinchou released a rally of bubbles, clearly knocking Caterpie out. "No, Caterpie!" the bug-catcher shouted, returning his Pokémon."Well, I guess you won, here take this Oran berry as a token of our battle, I'm really out of cash, everyone always beats me" "Thanks, bug-catcher" Chase took the Oran Berry and gave it to Chinchou, fully rejuvenating her. "Chinchou, how would you like it if I named you?" "Chou!" Chinchou replied, excitedly. "Okay, then how about Chou, huh?" "Chou, Chou" Chinchou said in approval. "Chou it is then" Chase said. He could tell already this was a great beginning to an expanding adventure, and he couldn't wait for more.

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Name: Araceli Mendoza
    Birth Date: June 18, 1995
    Appearance: Araceli is a very tan girl. With height and slenderness, she towers above everyone around her, standing at 6'3. Browner than her skin is her hair, which is long and curly, like the ocean's bumpy waves. Her eyebrows are thin fingertails, just darker and fuzzier. The eyes are bright green, like the prairie. They are wide and tall, covering a large amount of her face. Her nose is small as an atom, and her mouth, constantly smiling. Her neck is stretched tall, as if Araceli was trying to reach the sky with it. Lower on the mountain she calls her body, her upper body is strong, her abs as solid as a tree stump. Her arms are weak as a feather. Swift as a cheetah, her legs are strong and they can outrun almost anyone her age.
    Not very fond of her hair, she wears a black sports cap to cover it. The majestic eyes are clouded by sunglasses during the day. Araceli's favorite color is blue. To cover her body, she usually wears an ocean blue shirt and denim blue jeans. Sometimes she wears red or green. Her feet are covered with brown expedition shoes.
    Personality: Araceli is generally a very happy person. She is positive and always looks to the sunny side. Being a sunny person, she likes to spend her time in the sun. She loves nature and everything in it. She is very frendly, casual, and easy to get along with. On the dowside, her happiness is sometimes because she hasn't a clue about what is going on in the world. For example, she may be getting detention for talking out of turn in trainers school. She would say, "That's great!" and then, the teacher assigns more to her. Her locker looks like New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit, and so does she. She doesn't care how organized she is. She is very patient with people, but others are not with her.
    History: Araceli was born in the region of Hoenn. She was born in Mossdeep City. She was the second and final baby in her family. Her family lived in a small house near the ocean. They lived there for 5 years. Then, they moved to the region of Heroin because of a flood that devastated Mossdeep. The voyage there was not great. The family had to travel in steerage. When they got to Heroin, the family lived in Pineapple Village. Pineapple Village was quiet and beautiful. It was very nice. The family was in a crisis, economically, so they bought a cheap home.

Life was bad for the family. They had to go without food for days. They had no indoor plumbing, furniture, or insulation. Their mom, Mrs. Carmen Mendoza, failed top find a jopb forp the first six months. When she found a job, by the end of the first year, they were living a normal life. That lasted for a year. Then their father perished in a car crash. He was driving to get gas, and then, some drunk guy was speeding, and killed him.

They were shocked and devastated. Araceli was feeling really bad about it and really sad. She went into depression for 5 months. Then, she moved on, but still is emotional when the subject is brought on. That is when she began her interest in writing. She wanted top capture every moment of her life on paper.

On September 7, 2002, Araceli was ready to begin the 6 years that would help her become a trainer. Trainers school. She did fairly in trainers school, but got in trouble often for daydreaming, being unprepared, late and talking out of turn. She hasn't gotten much better about that. Her averages were 93,96,95,91,84, and 89.

Now, she begins her journey...
    Ex: Anypthing else we need to know about them
    Preferred Starter: Originally wanted grass, but it's taken, sop can I have Smoochum?

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • SethMetal37: Nice post, nice to have such a versatile PokeNAV with you! Good first battle!
    Chou leveled up to 7!
    Chou learned Thunder Wave!

Infinite Meditation:
    It's a good sign-up, but unfortunately, sign-ups are closed D=

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Proddit: You're not behind, anyways I'll allow this change :P And it can have Extrasensory since you asked.
    You received a Level 5 female Togepi!
    You got a Phone!
    You got a Journal!
    You got 5 Pokeballs!

Zeph.

Years
  • (OOC: Sorry, can I join the two posts into one aswell if that's okay? :P)

Kieran looked at his PokeNav his parents had given him once more to check and see if he was going the right way. He was relieved to discover that he had now entered Route 301. He gazed across the scenery, taking in the fresh air and the gorgeous countryside landscape. There was a decent area of tall grass nearby, so Kieran took the opportunity to go and explore it. A number of frightened Pidgeys flew away as he waded through the tall growth, however pretty soon Kieran came across his first pokemon - a small Rattata, growling at him.

"You my friend, are my first subject," Kieran said jokingly as he threw Rhyhorn's pokeball to the ground. Rhyhorn emerged and grunted at the small rat who became startled, however it stood it's ground. Having the speed advantage, it stuck first, tackling Rhyhorn. Ratata however hardly made any sort of impact, and left Rhyhorn unfased.
    "Rhyhorn, we have the advantage: use Horn Attack!" Rhyhorn charged towards Rattata and rammed it's horn right into it. The rat flew back in the air and just barely managed to land on it's feet.
    "Raa!" Rattata sneered, preparing for another attack. It began to wave it's tail back and forth in front of Rhyhorn in order to lower it's defense.
    "C'mon Rhyhorn, this pokemon's an idiot! You have tons of defense, and you have the type advantage too! Slam it with another horn attack..." Rhyhorn listened and nodded, before again slamming into Rattata with it's horn. The rat fell to the ground, defeated.

"Wow, you practically demolished that little thing. Good job." Kieran said to Rhyhorn as he returned it to it's pokeball. He walked by the fainted Rattata not even considering capturing it - as it put up a weak fight.

As he walked by the pond, Kieran saw a rock he could throw into it. He wandered over to it and picked it up, inspecting it - realising that it wasn't a rock. Infact, it was an Antidote - someone must have dropped it or thrown it away. He slid the medicine into his bag for future use.

-----

As Kieran continued his stroll along the Route, he was approached by another figure - a small boy in a shirt, shorts and a cap. He motioned to Kieran, "Hey you, wanna battle? We can have a one on one!"
    "Sounds great!" Kieran replied, pulling out Rhyhorn's pokeball, "but you're in for a shock!"
    The small boy grinned and threw out his pokeball. From it emerged a Starly, which flew around in a circle before halting infront of it's trainer in a fighting stance.
    "The odds are in our favour again Rhyhorn!" Kieran boasted as he tossed the pokeball releasing the rock type rhino.
    "Okay Starly, use Quick Attack!" Commanded the boy. Before Kieran had time to react, the small bird flew full force at Rhyhorn and smacked into him. Rhyhorn shook it off and regained it's stance.
    "You'll need more than that to beat our defense! Horn Attack!" Kieran said in retalliation. Rhyhorn ran into Starly, hitting it in the side. The small bird squealed as it struggled to regain balance.
    "Growl Starly!" Starly now looked at Rhyhorn and made a low, growling sound. Rhyhorn looked surprised and waited on Kieran's command,
    "Really kid? Horn attack Rhyhorn!" Rhyhorn hit Starly in the chest, causing Kieran to throw his fists about in celebration - however the bird wasn't down. It simply flew towards Rhyhorn,
    "Ha! See I just used Growl, which as you should know lowers your pokemon's physical attacks! So Horn Attack didn't do as much. Now, Quick attack again!" Starly quickly burst into a zipping speed and hit Rhyhorn square in the head. Rhyhorn groaned slightly and shook his head.
    "Hmm... okay if that's how we play, Tail Whip Rhyhorn!" shouted Kieran. Rhyhorn turned itself around and shook it's little tail at Starly. Starly looked slightly confused,
    "Use Quick Attack again!" commanded the boy. Starly shot towards Rhyhorn,
    "Rhyhorn, Horn Attack!" Just as Starly was mere feet away, Rhyhorn bellowed and charged towards it, horn thrust. The two pokemon collided with their attacks and struggled for a moment. Eventually, the attack with most power and force behind it prevailed, and Starly was knocked back to it's trainers feet, knocked out. Kieran had won his first pokemon battle.
    "Yea! Well done Rhyhorn! Return!" he said extatically as he withdrew his pokemon.
    "Return Starly," said the boy, who then walked over tho Kieran, "Thanks you," he said, "That was an enjoyable battle there, and both out pokemon will have benefited form the experience." He gave Kieran a small bag, "There's about 200 pokedollars in there, as your prize. See ya!" With that, the boy jogged off back to Pineapple Village.

Kieran looked at his winnings - life as a trainer was getting good already!

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Omnizaru: Alright, I guess you can merge posts, lol. Anyways two good posts there.
    You found an Antidote!
    Rhyhorn leveled up to 7!

Years
  • Alex pulled out his map as he walked away from the lab. Being unfamiliar with the area, Alex figured that it was most likely he was going to be taking out the map a lot in his spare time. Alex moved to the edge of town and paused at a sign that was to the right of the road. It looked fairly old, and the numbers and letters were worn off on it. Alex was still able to read Route 301 on the sign. Alex looked at the road and then tucked away his map. He decided that the road would most likely take him directly into the next town, so really there wasn't currently much need for the map anyway. Alex then took his first step onto Route 301.

While he walked, Alex began to notice that this route appeared to be one of the more forest-like ones. He had also observed some minor wild Pokemon out and about, but hadn't bothered to stop to try and capture one. Truthfully that wasn't his top priority. Suddenly his stomach growled again, and Alex sighed. He hadn't eaten since yesterday, so it was no wonder he was growing hungry. Alex walked a ways more and then soon spotted a rather large tree that he decided would provide a good amount of shade. So he plopped down underneath it and slipped his backpack off of his shoulders, intent on getting out lunch.

Alex was about to open his bag when he paused, noticing Magikarp's shiny new ball at his belt. Suddenly changing his motives, Alex picked up Magikarp's Pokeball. He tossed the small object up lightly, and when it came down there was a bright flash of light. Seconds later, a red fish lay on the ground flopping about and saying its name. Alex smiled a little at seeing the oversized fish flopping around, not really having much else to do.

"Ah, Magikarp," Alex sighed, "how do you suppose we're going to battle with you, huh?"

"Karp," Magikarp said simply. It finally stopped flopping. "Karp, Magikarp."

"Hmm..." Alex muttered, snapping open his bag. He pulled out a turkey sandwich with lettuce. Magikarp eyed him curiously. Alex glanced up at his Pokemon. "I'm hungry." Magikarp flopped his tail in reply. Alex smiled a bit. "I suppose I'll have to get you some food in the next town or something, won't I?" Magikarp said his name happily. Alex glanced around and, noticing a small pond of sorts a few feet away from Magikarp, he pointed. "Why don't you go ahead and take a swim?" Magikarp flopped down towards the pond, and then leapt in. Alex leaned back against a tree and began to eat his sandwich.

Occasionally Magikarp would flop up out of the water and do a couple ariel tricks. Alex actually found the fish to be a rather exciting show, and ended up setting down his half eaten sandwich to watch. Suddenly there was a rustle behind him. Alex peered over his shoulder curiously, but then turned back to Magikarp. Alex only noticed something was oddly off when a purple tail touched his arm. With a surprised outcry, Alex stood up suddenly. The Pokemon screeched and ran away, dragging Alex's sandwich with it. Alex growled and charged after the Pokemon, accidentally leaving Magikarp behind in the pond.

The little purple Pokemon was chattering in amusement as it tugged the sandwich up on a tree branch. Alex skidded to a halt underneath the tree and looked up. Soon the sandwich was finished, and soon Rattata was chattering at Alex in clear amusement. Alex's eye twitched in annoyance. He was being humiliated by a little rat. Alex sighed and opened his mouth to say something to the Rattata, when suddenly there was a sound from a bush behind them. Rattata looked over behind Alex, and Alex turned around. Magikarp had somehow hopped his way to where Alex and the Rattata were.

"Well," Alex muttered under his breath, "at least it has some sort of drive." Magikarp was glaring up at the Rattata. Rattata sneered down at Magikarp and then suddenly leaped down towards Magikarp, obviously intent on attacking. "Gah! Magikarp watch out for that tackle!" Alex called sharply as he shoved away himself.

"Karp!" Magikarp cried as it flopped himself out of the way. Alex let out a breath of relief and visibly slumped.

"Alright Magikarp," Alex began, intent on having his Pokemon attack. Then he stopped, blinking. Right, Alex thought, smacking his forehead. Magikarp could only use splash. There was no way splash would do a single thing to that Rattata. Alex frowned. "Just dodge that Rattata's attacks. We can win this if we wear it out and don't get hit," Alex declared. Truthfully he wasn't too sure his strategy would work, but he was willing to give it a sure shot.

"Rattata!" the wild Pokemon shouted angrily. It charged towards Magikarp again. The Rattata was close enough that Alex was almost sure it would hit, but Magikarp moved at the last second and sent Rattata rolling off into the bush that led back to Alex's tree. Magikarp then hopped towards Rattata, and Alex ran after it.

"Karp!" Alex heard Magikarp cry out. There was a loud splash moments later. Alex broke through the brush and saw Rattata standing on the pond's bank. There were little rings coming from a certain spot in the water, so Alex could only guess that Magikarp had been tackled into it. Alex clenched his teeth and waited for Magikarp to break the surface, still able to battle or not. Magikarp suddenly broke the surface, and it simply looked at the wild Rattata. The Rattata seemed to be angered by Magikarp's simple stare, for soon it hissed and actually leapt into the water. It swum towards Magikarp with as much fury as it could seemingly muster. Magikarp looked rather confident as it ducked beneath the surface of the water.

"Magikarp?" Alex asked curiously.

Suddenly there was a loud cry as Rattata was sent flying out of the water from one of Magikarp's aerial moves. Alex's face broke into a grin unexpectedly. He honestly hadn't thought that his Magikarp could've thought of something like that, but he was glad that the Pokemon had. Rattata shook itself off along the side of the bank and leered angrily at Magikarp. It seemed that Rattata was refusing to go back into the water. Magikarp looked rather happy with himself. Rattata snorted and then stomped away, clearly unhappy with how their little spat had gone. Alex huffed, but at least you got to finish my lunch. With a sigh, Alex recalled Magikarp and went over to pack up his bag and continue on his way towards the next city.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • FenrisΩ: That was such a creative post there! Looks like your going to be hungry for a bit :P
    Magikarp leveled up to 8!

OOC: In the next town, there's going to be a special guest there. You don't have to visit them, but just to get you guys a little excited :]
    Also, our OOC page is up, you can find it in the Roleplay Corner, that means I'll be needing trainer cards soon :D

Years
  • Alex continued along the route, possibly with a bit more worry than before. Sure, Magikarp had barely gotten hurt during the battle, but if a trainer came along Alex knew that he probably didn't have much of a chance. It wasn't like there would always be a pond, nor would there always be a stupid trainer that wouldn't figure out what Magikarp was trying to do. Alex wasn't saying that what Magikarp did was mediocre or dumb, merely just that once a human had caught on to what Magikarp was doing there wasn't much hope of a victory. Alex was smart, yes, but that didn't mean he could always think up a foolproof plan. I guess I'll just have to hope that I can reach the next town without too much trouble, Alex mused while he walked.

After about another hour, Alex grew tired of walking. He was beginning to think that he wasn't going in the correct direction, but a quick glance at his map told him all was well. Alex sighed, deciding to keep chugging. If he did, he knew that he could probably rest longer than if he took random breaks throughout his journey. Once I get to the next town, Alex decided as he shoved his hands in his pockets, I'll go to the Pokemon Center first. He suddenly thought of something, and slipped the red Pokedex out of its place on his bag. He flipped it open and then checked his Magikarp out. It still only knew splash but, luckily for both Alex and the Pokemon, it had grown to level eight. Alex wracked his brain trying to remember what level Magikarp learned tackle, but in the end he gave up and checked on the little device. It showed the number fifteen. I'll get you there as fast as possible, I promise, Alex swore silently to his Pokemon. He then stowed the Pokedex away and focused on the path ahead once more.

Finally realizing that this route wasn't getting any shorter roughly five minutes later, Alex got his iPod out of his bag. Then he stuffed the tiny earbuds in his ears and turned his music up. He had several motives to doing this, actually. The first was that he was just completely and utterly bored. The second, and probably most important, was so he wouldn't meet any trainer eyes unless they stood right in front of him. He also wouldn't be able to hear them challenge him, and therefore it was alright if he walked away. Now I just have to hope this actually holds out long enough, Alex thought as he turned up one of his favorite songs.

He was about another half an hour into (more) walking when he spotted something up ahead. It looked to be a small bird. Alex figured that it was probably a Pidgey. He knew it was an easy Pokemon for beginners to try and capture, but truthfully, Alex really didn't want a Pidgey. Suddenly it flew away when Alex approached, but it wasn't like Alex was sad about that. He was about to keep going, when suddenly he was slammed on his side by a rather harsh attack. Alex let out a surprised 'oomph' and landed on his butt. He glanced around and saw a rather self-satisfied Ledyba staring at him. His eyes narrowed; he hadn't seen one of these Pokemon on this particular route yet. Soon someone came crashing out of a tree after the Ledyba, shouting something at Alex. Alex plucked out his earbud and looked at the scrawny kid.

"You jerkface!" he shouted, glaring at Alex in an almost animalistic way. "You cost me my Pidgey!"

Alex blinked slowly. "Your Pidgey?" he asked in an already annoyed drawl. "It looked like that was a wild Pokemon. What did you do, mark your territory?"

The boy's lip curled into a glaring sneer. "I don't give a crap! I was about to have Ledyba here battle it!" he shouted, still not lowering his voice. Truthfully, the boy was actually starting to moderately piss Alex off. Alex's nose wrinkled a bit as he regarded the boy's burning green eyes and shaggy brown hair silently.

"Well, it's not my fault you didn't count on the fact that a person would come walking through and screw up your capture. That's your error, not mine," Alex stated coolly. The boy looked even angrier at this statement. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading off to the next town." Alex brushed the boy off simply by standing up and beginning to walk away.

"Oh no you don't," the boy growled. "I challenge you to a Pokemon battle!"

Alex almost visibly winced. He looked over his shoulder silently and regarded the boy and his Ledyba. "Fine." His voice was cold and cut off, almost detached. It's not like Alex was scared to battle the boy. No, he was just afraid for Magikarp. He didn't want his newest Pokemon to get hurt so early on. Alex sighed reluctantly and grabbed Magikarp's Pokeball. There was no water around to help them out this time, sadly enough. Alex would've went for the aerial tactic, no matter how much he thought that would be ineffective. He tossed the Pokeball in his hand, and when the flash of light was over he heard laughter after a moment's pause. Alex rolled his eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" the boy chortled through his words. "Or is this because you just think I'm weak? You're pathetic, you know that!" Suddenly the laughter was cut off by his anger. Alex blinked, vaguely wondered if the boy was bipolar. Not that there was anything wrong if he was, Alex just couldn't believe that he could have such violent mood swings. "Let's go show them who's boss, Ledyba! Get that baby fish with supersonic!"

Alex clenched his teeth as Magikarp flopped about in a brave attempt to not get hit by the attack. In the end, however, it was in vain. Magikarp just wasn't speedy enough to do much dodging. Soon it left Alex with a rather confused Pokemon, something that was almost sure to work against him in the end. Alex locked his jaw in place, a vein bouncing. Magikarp was simply flopping back and forth now, not really able to do much of anything. Alex refused to give it an attack, knowing that it would only prove to hurt his Pokemon further.

"Heh, so you really are weak. Alright Ledyba, let's make this fast. Use tackle on that stupid fish until it can't get up!"

Ledyba smirked and flew sharply towards Magikarp. Magikarp continued flopping about, not really having any sense of direction. Alex glared as the Pokemon slammed into his and then flew away. It repeated this process several times, until finally Magikarp just stopped flopping. Alex found himself staring hopelessly at his beaten fish. Just as he was about to give up for the sake of his Pokemon, Magikarp began to slowly dodge the attacks, only seconds to spare between each one. The boy looked surprised and angered by this. He growled at Ledyba and told the Pokemon to use another supersonic.

"Magikarp, go hide." Alex said it with confidence. He knew what he was going to do now. Magikarp flopped away, barely making it behind a tree. The supersonic suddenly bounced back, hitting Ledyba. The boy's eyes widened and he cursed. "Now Magikarp, try to do some of those funky aerial things." Alex wasn't sure how well it would work without water, but Alex decided it was going to be worth a shot. Magikarp seemed to get what Alex wanted, and it leaped out from behind the tree it was hiding in to smack into the confused bug. The attack did them both a bit of damage, and Alex soon realized that he couldn't afford to have that happen again.

"Grr..." the boy said, clenching his teeth. Alex soon realized how he was going to win this; the boy's temper.

"Is that all your little Ledyba can do?" Alex taunted. "Confuse itself at the hands of a fish?"

"Shut up! You just don't know what you're doing anyway!" the boy snarled. "Alright Ledyba, attack that stupid fish with tackle!"

It worked. Alex smirked as he noted his success. The boy's temper had led him right into Alex's trap. Ledyba instead got so confused that it ended up hurting itself. The boy tried several other times, and only once did the attack actually hit Magikarp. Alex felt a bit relieved and happy at the same time. The boy suddenly gave a rather loud shout of a curse Alex had never thought was possible to even think of, and then he recalled Ledyba. Magikarp flopped feebly.

"You're such a jerk and a cheating piece of scum," the boy snapped.

Alex regarded him silently. He then grabbed Magikarp's Pokeball and recalled his half dead fish. "At least I don't have to lie to make myself feel better," Alex said. He spared a brief glance at the boy and then walked away, continuing on the road towards his next destination. He actually felt a little bit better, too.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • FenrisΩ: Your posts continue to shine, it seems like your getting in alot of trouble right now :P
    Magikarp leveled up to 11!

Chapter 3: Peach Town
    Number of Posts: 1-2

Description: A quiet residential area which does whatever it takes to attract tourists to the vicinity.

What can you do in a City?
    Go to a Pokémon Center
    Restock on items
    Visit important locations
    Compete in gyms/events

You may not catch wild Pokémon in the city, and you cannot have Pokémon Battles, unless your in a certain part of the town, for example in Meringue Town, you may battle in a gym or the Aquarium (That's the city of the second gym). This is basically a place to restore your health and relax.

Places of Interest
    Pokémon Center: You can eat and sleep for free!
    Pokémon Market: You can restock on items here
    Potion
    Pokeball
    Antidote
    Awakening
    Parylz Heal
    Peach Diner:
    A place where you can hang out and enjoy a nice, old fashioned dinner. There is a special guest hanging out in the diner right now.

Jasmine

Description: She is a gym leader of Olivine City in Johto as well as a coordinator who competes at a high level for both contests and gym battles. Her badge does not count in this region.

Purpose: She is doing a demo showing Pokémon battles, or Pokémon Contests outside the diner. You may not battle her, unless if your crazy. :P

Pokemon
    Steelix

Level: 47
    Type: Steel/Ground
    Ability: Sturdy
    Attacks: Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Stealth Rock, Fire Fang
    Nature: Brave

Last edited:

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Since the battle with the Bug-catcher, Chase hadn't had much excitement. A few Pidgeys flew bye and a Ralts here or there, but nothing that really sparked his interest. He had been walking roughly half an hour since the battle, and pulled out his map, desperate for some kind of direction change. However, in spite of his hopes, he was still informed to continue on the same path.

After another hour or so he was worn out. He had seen the first group of Pachirisu, about a mile back, but other than that, it had been quite a dull walk. Chase was completely spent on walking, so he found the nearest tree and sat down under its shade. He fished around in his pockets for anything he could do, but alas, there was nothing

"I really should have brought something else" he said to himself. Then, in an attempt to cure his boredom, he released Chou. After her body formed out of the mass of light, she looked up at him questioning, almost, and stated "Chou?"

"No, it's not another battle Chou" he said, almost instinctively. "Amuse me" he said drowsily. Yet, unfortunately, she failed in doing so. "Chou" she said, in near boredom as well. "I hear ya Chou" Chase replied. He then returned Chou to her ball and drifted to sleep.

After only a mere 5 or 6 minutes of peace, he was quickly awoken by something quite noisy.

"Hey, you with the face" said a boy, in his teenage years, roughly fourteen maybe. "Wake up sleeping beauty; I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle"

"Ugh, I just fell asleep dammit!" He replied angrily. "Sure whatever then"

He knew Chinchou would have been well rested by now, so she shouldn't have too much of a problem battling. "Alright Chou, come on out!"

Chou got out of her Pokeball and stretched loudly. "Chou" she said.

"Oh really now, Chinchou? Psh we'll take care of that, wont we Pidgeotto!" The annoying teen released a bird-like Pokémon, similar to some of the Pidgeys Chase had seen, but it was much larger.

"Alright Pidgeotto, use Gust!" The pidgeotto flapped its wings obediently and created a strong wind, flinging it towards Chou.

"Alright Chou, use Bubble" Chou blew its bubbles towards Pidgeotto but they were all just absorbed by the Gust nearing toward Chou.

"Chou, dodge!" but it was too late. Chou was swept into the gust and thrown down onto the ground. Luckily, it wasn't too much of a threat to Chou, as she had the advantage here.

"Damn, what can we do now Chou" he said to himself. He then took out his Pokedex and checked Chou's stats. He instantly found that Chou was at level 7 and had learned Thunder Wave.

"Alright Chou, try this one out, Thunder Wave!" Chou emitted a wave of electricity that hit Pidgeotto, slightly paralyzing it.

"Pidgeotto!" the teen shouted "No problem Pidgeotto, we'll just take it out, use Peck!" The pidgeotto flew toward Chou at an unbelievable speed, mainly unbelievable because it was paralyzed. Then the Pidgeotto suddenly stopped flying and fell right into the ground, screeching in pain "Otto!" it shouted.

Chase smiled and couldn't believe his luck. "Alright Chou, use Super Sonic!" Chou sent out waves of sound, again confusing the poor Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto! No, were not losing like this" Then the teen picked up a rock and threw it right at Chou, hitting its body.

"CHOU!" Chou yelped in pain. "You son of a—" but before Chase could finish his sentence, the Pidgeotto had miraculously recovered and flew right at Chou and knocked it out cold with what looked to be a takedown attack.

"That was completely not fair!" Chase shouted, returning his injured Pokémon.

"No, what's not fair is your weak little Chinchou trying to take on such a Pokémon as Pidgeotto" the teen said defensively. "But you know, why bother talking to such an infidel as yourself" the smug boy replied to himself.

"This isn't over, next time you're ruined!" Chase said, frankly, and completely pissed at this trainer.

"What's done is done, just accept that you lost and get over it" the teen said. After this statement, he proceeded to get on his Pidgeotto's back, and fly off.

"It's okay Chou, next time we see that guy, he'll be obliterated by ya, don't you worry."

Chase was livened by this battle and got out his POKeNAV, checking the map. "We're nearing the next town Chou" Chase said, even though he knew Chou couldn't hear him in her ball.

Chase continued his journey toward the town, finding Oran Berries every five minutes or so. "These berries must mean we're approaching population, huh Chou?" Chase said to himself.

Chase continued to walk toward the town, finally reaching a worn-looking path. "This must mean we are getting close Chou, are you ready?" Chase followed the path, just praying it wouldn't be too much longer till he reached Peach Town.

Zeph.

Years
  • Kieran was pretty relieved when he walked onto the pathway leading into Peach Town. He was a little tired, and it would be good to rejuvinate for a while.

Near the centre of town stood two buildings - The Pokemon Centre and a Pokemart. Kieran chose to walk into the Pokemon Centre first as Rhyhorn would also be a little tired. He walked up to the desk and was greeted by a female nurse with pink, looped hair, probably in her early twenties,
    "Hello, welcome to our Pokecentre. How may I help?"
    "Could I leave my Rhyhorn with you for a while? It probably just needs a small checkup."
    "We'll be happy to! See you in a few minutes."
    Kieran nodded breifly in thanks before turning and walking out of the building. He had a few minutes like the nurse said, so he took this time to browse the pokemart next door.

He was slightly dissapointed that the store didn't really have that much to offer, but it was only a small town. He walked up to the counter with some items in hand - 3 Potions, an Awakening and a Parylz Heal. The total price came to nearly 1,000 pokedollars, but luckily Kieran had started off with enough. He put the new items in his bag and left the store. Quickly remembering that he had to pick up Rhyhorn too, he entered the Pokecentre, did so, and left again.

Pretty soon he noticed his stomach growl mildly. He might aswell grab lunch here...

"Peach Diner" read the sign above the next main building Kieran came to. As he strolled in, he was greeted by the comforting, warm smell of varying foodstuffs. He found a table to host two and slowly sat. Route 301 wasn't particularly long, but he was still glad to take a small break afterwards. He quickly browsed the menu without much thought and picked something that would one, appeal to him, and two, fill his stomach. He made his choice just as a waiter appeared next to his table,

"Welcome, what can I get you?" he asked, preparing his notepad,
    "Can I have a Chicken Omlette and some Tea?" he asked trying not to sound too picky,
    "No problem. It should hopefully be here soon." With that, the man wandered over to the kitchen. Sure enough however, he kept true to his word, as after a few minutes of twisting a bendy straw, Kieran found his meal infront of him. He took in the smell. This was going to be the best part of the day...

After finishing his omlette, Kieran noticed a number of people staring out of one side of the diner. He downed the rest of his drink and got up to inspect. After trying to see over peoples' shoulders, he saw that it was someone outside doing something. There was then a booming roar which caused nearly eberyone present, including him, to jump out of their skin. Mixed with exitement and anxiety, Kieran ran outside the diner and around the back of it to see who this person was. He paused and gawped as the person became fully visible - it was Jasmine, one of the Johto Gym leaders! Next to her was the single largest living thing he'd ever seen. A giant Steelix, impresively surrounding itself with floating rocks. Gathering around the two were a number of youngsters, staring in amazement at her pokemon. Kieran found himself doing the same,

"So we call this attack Stealth Rock," she said to them, "It's not a direct attack, but it's effective in trapping your opponent and hurting them..." The Steelix, after another minute or so, dropped the rocks surrounding it. Jasmine recalled the beast, much to the dismay of everyone watching, "I'm just going to take a quick break and then I'll show you about defense." she said as she walked by Kieran.

He stared at her in amazement. She had all that power under her control. He looked at Rhyhorn's pokeball, "One day, you'll be that strong - and I'll be just like her!" he said. With a newly found skip in his step, Kieran followed the road through Peach Town towards the next route. He had much more to do to become stronger.

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry this is a little late, I've been a bit busy recently :(

Strolling down the hill, Ben made his way out of Pineapple village. The route out of the village was very pleasant, covered with lush grass and surrounded by a number of tall trees. After a short while Ben decided to stop for some food. After setting the food out, he released his new pokémon.

"Bulba!" said the grass type pokémon as it came out of its pokéball.

Ben smiled at his new pokémon, before introducing himself. "Hi Bulbasaur, my names Ben and I'm your new trainer. Me and you are going to become one hell of a team!"

Bulbasaur smiled at Ben's words, obviously happy with Ben as his trainer. Then a rustle from one of the bushes behind Ben caused Bulbasaur to start growling. A small, plump-bodied brown bird jumped out of the bushes and faced Ben and his new pokémon.

"A wild pokémon? Come on Bulbasaur I know you can win this" Ben said to his young pokémon. Bulbasaur seemed to be full of confidence, taking a few paces forwards towards the wild pokémon. Ben pulled out his new Pokédex to try and get some information about the pokémon that had disturbed their lunch.

'Pidgey are usually docile creatures and prefer to avoid conflict. If disturbed, they protect themselves by kicking up sand.' Chimed the pokédex.

'This one doesn't seem very docile' thought Ben looking at the Pidgey's eyes. "Okay Bulbasaur if it's a fight it wants let's give it one, give it a tackle attack"

With that Bulbasaur charged towards the Pidgey. The Pidgey just sat there watching Bulbasaur advance towards her, and then at the last moment hopped into the air and flew upwards causing the tackle attack to miss.

'Damn, I forgot it could fly' thought Ben, 'This could be more difficult than I thought.'

The Pidgey then circled back around towards Bulbasaur and dived downwards..

"Bulbasaur dodge it" Yelled Ben. It was too late though as Bulbasaur was unable to avoid the tackle attack and was knocked off of his feet.

"Bulbasaur, can you get up?" Ben asked, clearly concerned about his new pokémon. Bulbasaur slowly got back to his feet, but looked as if he had been shaken by Pidgey's tackle attack. Ben looked up and saw Pidgey was diving at Bulbasaur again.

"Bulbasaur duck!" yelled Ben. Bulbasaur dropped to his belly and narrowly avoided the tackle attack as Pidgey flew just over him. He got back to his feet breathing heavily.

'That was too close' thought Ben, 'Bulbasaur can't touch Pidgey while it's in the air. I need to get it onto the ground, but how?' As Pidgey circled around for another attack Ben had an idea.

"Bulabsaur get in front of that tree!" Ben said quietly to his pokémon.

Pidgey dived at Bulbasaur again, who jumped to the side and managed to avoid the tackle attack. Having missed Bulbasaur, Pidgey went flying headfirst into a tree. The flying type was quickly back to its feet, but looked slightly dazed.

"This is our chance Bulbasaur, hit it with a tackle attack"

Bulbasaur charged at Pidgey, who didn't look as if it knew exactly where it was. Bulbasaur's shoulder slammed into Pidgey knocking it to the ground.

"Good work Bulbasaur, let's finish this with another tackle attack"

Bulbasur charged at Pidgey for another tackle attack. Pidgey struggled back to its feet and turned around, only to be met by Bulbasaur's tackle attack. Pidgey was sent rolling across the ground and slammed back into the tree.

"Okay I think that should do it" Said Ben, unclipping a Pokéball from his belt. "Pokéball go!"

The red and white ball flew through the air and hit the pidgey. The pokeball bounced up and enveloped the bird in a bright light, which then disappeared into the Pokéball. The red and white ball dropped to the ground and began shaking gently side to side. Ben and Bulbasaur watched the Pokéball anxiously waiting to see if they had successfully caught Pidgey...

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • SethMetal37: Wow, that route seems to bring the worse out of other trainers, doesn't it? :P Anyways nice battle
    Chou leveled up to 10!
    Chou learned Flail!

Omnizaru: You've certainly gotten your fill of Peach Town today :D
    You got 3 Potions!
    You got an Awakening!
    You got a Paralyz Heal!

You Had Me At Hello:
    You no longer have to wait, Pidgey has been caught!
    You caught a level 4 Female Pidgey!

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Makani walked into a nice, small town, he didn't know what it was called though. Once he saw a pokecenter, he walked inside and saw a large variety of Pokemon inside their Pokemon trainers. There was Pachurisu, Shinx, Pidgey, many types of Pokemon inside, getting healed. He looked around at all of the different Pokemon and wished that he had more Pokemon to catch, or even battle with. He ignored his wishes and walked straight up to the nurse.

''Hello there, welcome to the Peach Town pokecenter, how may I help you?'' the nurse asked.
    "Well hello there beautiful, may you heal my two Pokemon please?'' Makani asked.
    ''Yes I would do so, handsome,'' the nurse said.

As Makani was waiting for his Pokemon to be healed, he was eying her up and down, just looking at her from the behind. He wished that he could just take her out for a date just one time, but he knew that he wasn't her match. He was walking around and he heard that a Pokemon gym leader was in the area and pointed out tips for new Pokemon trainers. When he heard that, he wanted to meet the Pokemon gym leader and get some few pointers on winning, but he didn't know what the person looked like. When he heard the bell ring, he went back up to the counter to get his Pokemon from the nurse.

''Hello there again,'' Makani said.
    ''Hello, your Pokemon are ready for pick up,'' the nurse said.
    ''Really now, but are you ready for a pick up line?'' Makani asked.
    ''Okay, show me what you got,'' the nurse said.
    ''Alright than, you're so fine, you're so fine and beautiful, your beauty cutie blinded my memory so bad that you made me lost my phone number, so can I borrow yours until I find my cell phone number?'' Makani asked.
    ''Is that all you got, if it is, it worked, so here's my cell number for you,'' the nurse said.
    ''Well, that's not all, but thanks for the cell number cutie,'' Makani said.

So Makani left with a nurses cell phone number, don't know if it was actually hers or not, so there was one way to find out, to call the number, so he did so. The phone rang, and rang. There was no answer so he walked back inside the pokecenter and called it back. When he heard the ringer, a loud buzzing noise came near the counter. When he heard that it was her number, he put up a large smile on his face and left the pokecenter.

-------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- --------------------------

As Makani left the pokecenter, he wanted to buy some items so he won't go back and forth on his journey so he walked around the town and found a pokemart, which was just a block away from the pokecenter. He walked inside of the pokemart and saw a clerk standing there, waiting for a costumer. He walked to the potions and put five of them inside his cart. He went back to the clerk and handed him the five potions he wanted to buy. He watched the clerk running the potions through and putting them in the bag. He walked back outside and when he was outside, he heard a lot of cheering going on nearby.

''Do you know where the cheering is coming from?'' Makani asked.
    ''Yes I do, follow me,'' a man said.

Makani followed the man and when he found out where the cheering came from, he saw a large gray, metallic Pokemon with spikes coming out of the sides. He walked up closer to the crowd and when he saw the Pokemon up more closely, it was a Steelix, next to some lady he knew but forgot who it was. When he searched through his memory on the people he remembered from the past from school visitors and all, he never found an image so he grabbed his cell phone and called his uncle.

''Hello?'' Makani asked.
    ''What do you want now, you left the place, now you want some money?'' his uncle asked.
    ''No, but have you been traveling lately in your past?'' Makani asked.
    ''Yeah, what do you mean by that?'' his uncle asked.
    ''Well, there's this girl where with a Steelix learning some tips for the new Pokemon trainers,'' Makani said.
    ''Well, there's a Pokemon gym leader in Johto, but I forgot her name, does she have red hair and a dress?'' his uncle asked.
    ''Yeah, I think I know who it is now, thanks, bye,'' Makani said.

Makani hung up on his uncle and watched what she could do with the Steelix. She offered if there was any contenders would dare to face a giant Steelix like that, but he was thinking of it, but he remembered that he only had a Taillow and a Bellsprout, which was weak against a high Steelix. All he did was watch her do some moves with her Steelix, and when it was over, he walked up to her, but when he wanted to talk to her, he just opened his mouth and her Steelix growled at him.

''Sorry about that, my Steelix is a little tired from the event I had going on,'' the red haired girl said.
    ''It's okay, I remember you for somewhere, but I know you're a gym leader in the Johto region though,'' Makani said.
    ''Oh really, my name is Jasmine if you didn't know it, like if you didn't or not,'' the red haired girl said.
    ''That's good, can I get some tips of winning from you?'' Makani asked.
    ''Tips, well the only tip I have with me right now from my head is when you face a Pokemon, try to battle it with strategy and skill, not lack of effort and mistrust what your Pokemon have, like if you counter attack other Pokemon you're facing, you'll might have a chance of winning,'' Jasmine said. ''Sorry I got to go and rest up for the night, but it was a nice time talking to you.''

Makani saw Jasmine leave as the night sky fell upon him. He took out Taillow and Bellsprout, just to see what a Pokemon gym leader looks like. As he was looking at Jasmine from the behind, his cell phone called and it was the nurse.

''Um, who is this?'' the nurse asked.
    ''Well, this is the one with the messed up pick up line,'' Makani said.
    ''That's nice, so what are you up to, why did you call me?'' the nurse asked.
    ''Well, I called you just to check if it was actually your number or not,'' Makani said.
    ''Well okay than, have a nice night, I'm going to bed now,'' the nurse said.

Makani hung up his cell phone and walked to the nearest bench and just watched the clouds rolled by. He felt tired as well, so he just left Bellsprout and Taillow out of their pokeballs and just laid there on the bench. He looked at the night sky and saw a few Pokemon flying by the air, and he wishing that he could catch them. He just laid there on the bench, the first to fall asleep was Bellsprout, and then Taillow. When he saw his two Pokemon sleeping on his chest, he shut his eyes and fell asleep aslo.

Years
  • Alex felt his energy beginning to run rather close to low as the next town came into sight. He pulled out his map (now covered with multiple creases in the same spots that were tearing already) and checked the town. According to the little piece of paper, it was known as Peach Town. Alex's lips twitched a bit at the title. He found it rather amusing that there was a town named after fruit. Not that he didn't like the name, of course. Actually he thought it was pretty awesome. As soon as he stepped within the city limits, Alex stopped in complete mid-step and let out a giant breath of relief. His feet ached and he was tired, but he had some stuff to do before he crashed completely. Alex then turned and headed directly towards the Pokemon Center, which was obvious because of the large Pokeball sign on it.

The first thing Alex felt once he arrived inside was the cool air-conditioning of the building. Alex walked up to the counter and leaned against it before ringing a bell. Moments later a lady with red hair popped out from behind a door. She and the Chansey following her were both wearing (somewhat) nurses uniforms. Alex offered them a teensy smile, so he wouldn't seem like a complete jerk. She was going to heal his Pokemon, after all. Nurse Joy beamed at him brightly and the little pink Pokemon next to her said its name happily. Alex handed over Magikarp's Pokeball and cleared his throat.

"Could you please heal him, and might I be able to get a room for tonight?" Alex asked politely.

"Of course! Chansey, would you please go heal his Magikarp while I get him all set up?" Nurse Joy asked, turning to her Pokemon. Chansey nodded and took the tray away to a back room. Nurse Joy sat down at the computer behind the counter and clicked the mouse a few times. Alex waited patiently as she brought the proper screen up. "Well, here we go. Name, please?"

"Alex Bihar," Alex stated. Nurse Joy tapped the keys briefly. Then she asked if he had a room preference. "No, not really. Maybe one with a bathroom, if some of them don't have a bathroom."

"Mhm..." Nurse Joy poked the keys a few more times. Then she handed him a card key. "That's just mostly so you remember the room number. It also provides you with breakfast access in the morning. We also offer lunch and dinner, but breakfast is the most popular."

"Thanks." Alex snatched the card easily from her hand and then walked over to a cushioned bench to wait for his Pokemon to heal. Chansey came back a few moments later and handed some papers to Nurse Joy. She nodded, but there was a slight frown on her face. Alex figured it was because Magikarp was so close to fainting. I'll probably end up getting a lecture later, Alex thought dryly. With a shrug, he leaned back against the bench and slipped out his phone. He then began to play around with that, refusing to think about his family members. He surfed the web until the bell binged, and Nurse Joy called him up. Alex slipped his phone away and then walked up to the desk.

"Here is your Magikarp," Nurse Joy declared. She then looked at Alex rather seriously. "You do realize, Alex, that his health was dangerously low?" She had a stern look on her face.

"Yes, which is why I got here as fast as I could manage. I was trying to avoid trainers, but then this one kid...erm...saw me," he finished lamely. Nurse Joy nodded sharply, and then softened a bit.

"Just try not to let it get that injured from now on, as much as you can. It puts strain on the Pokemon." Alex agreed. "I have to admit, I'm surprised you started out with a Magikarp," Nurse Joy continued.

Alex chuckled slightly and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, I guess I just wanted a challenge," he declared. Truthfully Alex actually wasn't sure why he wanted Magikarp, but he just felt a connection. Nurse Joy nodded pleasantly, and then turned to a boy who had suddenly rushed in with an injured Charmeleon. Alex's eyebrow rose, but he walked away from the counter to let the boy through. He said something about some Pokemon trainer in a rush, but Alex paid no heed as he walked out of the Pokemon Center and to the town. For some odd reason, he actually felt a little bit refreshed. At least, he felt refreshed enough to do a little bit of exploring around the town before he crashed in the comfortable Pokemon Center bed.

While Alex walked, he began to notice certain features about this town. It appeared to be a very quiet town, but there seemed to be some big event going on in the diner. I'll bet this is a town that does everything it can to get tourists, Alex mused as he strolled to the diner. He wanted to see who (or what) was in the diner and causing people to flock to it. There was a loud roar, and then suddenly a Butterfree came crashing through the street, skidding to a half a few feet in front of Alex. Alex blinked a few times. Then he looked from the Butterfree to the crowd gathered outside the diner before picking up his pace. By the time he reached the doors, he was half sprinting. Skidding to a halt just in front of the crowd, Alex then pushed his way through to the front. There, not a few feet in front of him, was a giant metal looking Pokemon.

Alex took a few moments to take it in. The large Pokemon (he soon recognized it as a Steelix) was holding its head high. Then Alex's gaze drifted to the girl beside the large Pokemon. A boy had broken from the crowd to go cradle his injured Butterfree. Alex whipped out his Pokedex. He quickly read the information on the Steelix, and found his eyes wider than normal. The Pokemon was level 47, and these newbies were hoping to beat it?! Alex thought they were psychotic (or possibly suicidal). That's when he suddenly looked at the girl again. This time, Alex recognized her. It was the famed gym leader, Jasmine. She glanced around, asking for more battlers. Some people shrank back. Alex didn't move, but didn't offer. Soon Alex decided he had more pressing matters, and pushed his way out of the group.

He walked to the local market and decided to get two more Pokeballs, making his total seven, he was pretty sure. Luckily for him, he had taken all of the money he saved up over the years (which was quiet a lot, thanks to his birthdays and such). He had also received about a hundred in money from his parents, so he still had sufficient funds for later. Alex then grabbed a potion after a moment's thought. The process only took about ten minutes, and after that he was thanking the man and walking off to the Pokemon Center. It was growing darker outside, and Alex was ready to just take a nice long rest.

Pushing open the door to his room, Alex peered about. There was a single bed, a desk with a computer on it, and a nightstand with a lamp. The room was painted a nice soft blue color. To the right of the door was a bathroom. Alex dropped his pack on the ground, quickly changed into his night clothes, and then without doing anything else he promptly fell upon the bed and went out like a light.

(OOC: Ending was cut a bit short, seeing as I had to go to bed.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back