• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Path Towards The Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
Years
  • Chase had finally reached Peach Town. He knew it couldn't have been much longer to the city anyway, but was surprised at the size of the town. Smaller than Pineapple Village, he was confused as to why it was even considered a town.

"Here we are, Peach Town" Chase said to himself. He had to stop talking to himself, he felt as if people might judge him for mad.

"Look. There's a Pokemon Center, let's get you rested up Chou."Chase walked into the Center and went up to the counter.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" The nurse asked Chase

"Uh, could I get my Pokemon healed?"

"Why, certainly, I will just need to see your Trainer Card" the nurse responded.

"Uh, why?, I mean I have it, I was just wondering why you needed them, I have never heard of this rule before." Chase said

"Well, unfortunately, there are bad people in this world who like to steal other peoples Pokemon, so we are doing this to ensure the protection of all Pokemon"

"Oh, well surely." Chase handed the nurse his Trainer Card. She then glanced at it, entered the code on the front into her database, and then gave it back to Chase.

"Thank you, Chase, I will take your Chinchou now"

Chase handed the Nurse his Chou and proceeded to sit in one of the comfortable chairs outside the waiting room. He was quite tired, and had quite a rough day, so he tilted his head back, and drifted to sleep…

When he woke up, the Nurse was standing at her desk, waiting patiently.

"Oh, Mr. Klylnyafold, your Pokemon are fully restored to their health, would like to take them, oor continue to rest?" The nurse asked politely.

"Oh, ill take her now, thank you." Chase responded abruptly.

"Thank you for your business, please come again"

"Oh, okay" Chase said. He was confused as to why the nurse wanted him to come back, as that probably meant his Pokemon were hurt, but he shrugged that thought off, as the nurse seemed nice enough.

He walked around the town for about twenty-or-so minutes, viewing the sites and looking around. He noticed that this town was absolutely bare of anything. It had a Pokemon Center, A Poke-mart, and a Diner. Chase heard his stomach growl and realized the only thing he had eaten since he left his house was a couple of Oran Berries, which frankly, weren't meant for humans.

"Jesus, I'm starved. Let's get us some food Chou"

Chase looked at the Diner carefully. He saw a couple of signs clogging the front of the Diner. One sign posted "Pokeblocks sold here" another one "Lost Poochyena, please call 555-6454." He then saw an interesting sign "Here it is, the event you've been waiting for, Jasmine, of the Johto League, is in town giving battling and contest clinics, absolutely free, all day!"

"WOW, Chou! They have Jasmine, the Steel-type girl, from Johto here!" Chase exclaimed, then realized he was stating the obvious.
    Chase opened the door into the diner and took a seat in one of the booths.

"Hello sonny" said a slightly overweight woman, in a southern-style accent "What can I do ya for?"

"Um, do you have Coke? Like the drink?"

"Well we most certainly do hun, lemme get that right up" said the waitress "One Coke" she shouted to the back. "Will that be all for yer?"

"Oh, no, can I get a cheeseburger with fries?" Chase responded

"And a cheese with the French" she shouted again. "Will that be all?"

"Yes ma'am, thank you"

"No problem sweetie" said the waitress, setting his coke on the table. "You know, we got a guest here?" "Yeah, a real fine one too, Jasmine of Johto! We rarely get vistors here, nonetheless famous people!" the waitress said slyly.

"Yeah, I saw the signs" said Chase, unsure how to respond to the overwhelming kindess.

"Yep, well it'll be jus' a few minurtes on yur food hun, I'll bring it out to you" the waitress responded, her accent all the more present.

"Thank you" Chase said, slightly relieved she was leaving. He then remembered Chou had to be starving. Damn.

"Uh, ma'am" Chase stated, as politely as he could. "Could I get some Pokeblocks too please?"

"Well sure hun" I'll just add that too yur tab and bring em' out with your food"

"Thank you" Chase said, wondering where this woman was from, as most everyone else didn't talk like this.It was another couple of minutes before his food had arrived. He let Chou out of her Pokeball so she could join the feast.

"Come on Chou, dig in to those Pokeblocks!"

"Chou, Chou" Chou stated blantently, munching away at her food.

Chase was enveloped by the cuteness of his Chou, he almost forget it was getting late. "Alright Chou, let's get ready to leave" Chase said. He then remembered the guest present in the diner. "Oh Chou, I almost forgot! We've gotta visit Jasmine!"

Chase went over to visit Jasmine, the Steel-type Gym Leader of Johto.

"Hello there, are you here for the battle clinic?" Jasmine asked, almost too quickly for Chase to really think. "If you are, you better hurry, we only have a few minutes until I start. It will be on Steel-types and their weakness and advantages"

"Uh, sure, I'll stick around" Chase responded.

After about five more minutes Jasmine got in the front of the diner, announcing the clinic was about to start."Alright everyone, lets start with a simple fact, what do you know about Steel-types?"

"They're super defensive!" said a young trainer in the back

"They're rarely speedy" said a peppy girl in the front

"They are bad against fire types!" said someone in the very back

"Yes, yes all these things are true, but let me give you another inquiry. What stat are they usually least trained in?"

"Special Defense" Chase said, almost blushing because he rarely liked to answer questions.

"Yes, that's correct!" Stated Jasmine "Now, if you were going to face me in battle, which type of pokemon should you use?"

"A Fighting-type!" said a young trainer near the front row

"Well, in a sense that's good, but for the most part, Fighting-types tend to be offensive dear"

"A Fire-type, trained in Special Attack, a Fighting-type such as Lucario, trained in Special Attack, a Ground-type trained in Special Attack, or anything with a bulky defense stat." Stated a cool-acting boy, sitting on the corner.

"Wow, you really know you stuff, huh kid? Yes all of that is correct, and that will basically end my clinic about Steel-types." Jasmine ends.

Chase watched as Jasmine stated this, all of the unhappy trainers walking away, hoping for something more obviously. Chase was not disappointed, although he had not learned anything, he got to meet a famous Gym Leader! "Well Chou, it looks pretty late" Chase stated as he checked the time on his POKeNAV. "I think we should head to the Pokemon Center, huh?" Chase said as he shuffled toward the exit of the diner.

Chase walked into the Center, checked into a room, and went upstairs to the room. He could hear many other trainers in the Center, for as it seemed many had come for Jasmine's Clinic. With this thought, Chase got into his bed, under the covers, and fell dead asleep.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • "Yeah, we caught it" Yelled Ben jumping up and down in celebration as the pokéball stopped rocking back and forth. He ran over to Bulbasaur and petted the pokémon's head.

"Great job, you were awesome" he said petting Bulbasaur.

"Saur" said Bulbasaur happily, obviously enjoying the attention of his trainer.

Ben then released his new pokémon, who quickly perched on top of Bulbasaur's bulb, which seemed to annoy the grass type.

"Hi Pidgey my name is Ben and I'm going to be your new trainer" he said to Pidgey with a smile. Pidgey looked confused for a moment and then without warning flew off of Bulbasaur's bulb straight into her new trainer, knocking Ben off his feet.

"Ow, that really..." Ben started, but looking up he saw Pidgey jumping up and down on his chest merrily, "I guess that's just your way of saying hello?" Ben said uncertainly.

Pidgey tilted her head to one side, looking confused again. Then without warning took off and flew wildly around the clearing they were standing in. Ben got up and dusted himself down before picking backpack up from underneath the tree. Seeing that her new trainer was ready to go, Pidgey flew over and perched on Ben's shoulder. Bulbasaur gave the flying type pokémon a look, but Ben just shrugged.

He then looked down at his Bulbasaur and asked, "That battle was pretty rough, are you okay to keep walking?"

"Bulba" He replied nodding his head happily.

"Cool let's get going then," So Ben and his pokémon continued their journey down Route 301. On Ben's shoulder, Pidgey began pecking at her feathers in what Ben guessed was a cleaning method. After a short while a small group of Pidgey flew peacefully overhead, Ben and Bulbasaur just looked up and watched them fly over. Pidgey however jumped off of Ben's shoulder and flew directly into the middle of the group of Pidgey squawking loudly, causing them to scatter.

"Oh Pidgey, what am I going to do with you?" Ben muttered while unclipping Pidgey's Pokéball from his belt, "I think it's probably best if you rested in your Pokéball for a while." A red beam then shot from the Pokéball and engulfed Pidgey and a moment later she had disappeared into her Pokéball.

"Looks like it's just you and me again then buddy." He said, looking down at Bulbasaur.

"Bulba" replied Bulbasaur nodding. The two of them continued for a while more without further incident and sunset was approaching when Ben saw a sign saying 'Peach town - ½ mile ahead'.

"Guess that's where we're headed," Ben said to nobody in particular. He then went to move forward, but a young boy jumped out from behind the sign, startling Ben.

"You're not going anywhere!" said the boy a little overdramatically. "You have to beat me first!"

"A pokémon battle?" asked Ben, smiling now, "You're on!"

"Haha, you'll regret that decision," said the boy, once again a little too loudly, "Go Rattata!"

Ben looked down at the small rat the boy had just released and smiled. This was almost too easy...

"Okay Bulbasaur you're up!" he called, "Start it with a Tackle!"

Bulbasaur charged at Rattata, and slammed his shoulder into the small rat's side sending it flying. Rattata landed on the floor with a bang, and rolled a few times before getting back to its feet.

"Use your Tackle Rattata!" called its trainer.

"Bulbasaur Growl!" called Ben quickly.

Bulbasaur let out an intimidating growl that caused the charging Rattata to slow slightly, meaning the Tackle attack didn't do as much damage as it could have.

"Great work Bulbasaur," encouraged Ben, "Now try another Tackle!"

Once again Bulbasaur smashed his shoulder into Rattata's side, and once again the small pokémon was sent sprawling backwards. When Rattata returned to its feet this time, it was breathing heavily.

"Don't let up Bulbasaur, finish it with Tackle!" Ben called.

Bulbasaur charged at its tired opponent, and once again smashed into Rattata. This time however, the small pokémon didn't get back up.

"Grr, Rattata return," said the young boy angrily. Turning to Ben, he said, "I guess you can go through then..." before storming off in the opposite direction.

"Way to go Bulbasaur!" said Ben to his starter pokémon, "We just won our first battle!"

With a smile, he bent down and picked up his young pokémon, before continuing on to Peach Town.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Fire2100: Good post there!
    You got 5 Potions!

FenrisΩ:
    Don't worry about it, anyways it seems like people were brave enough :D
    You got 2 Pokeballs!
    You got a Potion!

SethMetal37:
    You certainly captured the old-fashion style of the Cafe :D

Proddit: I see someone's getting swept away by cuteness :P
    Togepi leveled up to 7!
    Togepi learned Metronome!

You Had Me At Hello:
    Ah, an old fashioned battle with old fashioned Pokemon, great fight.
    Bulbasaur leveled up to 7!
    Bulbasaur learned Leech Seed!

OOC:
    Chapter 4 will be up soon, so hold on tight people!

Chapter 4: Route 302
    Number of Posts: 1

Description: A pathway which leads into the Mystifying Woods, legend has it a legendary Pokemon used to live within.

Pokemon
    Starly

Level: 3-5
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack (Level 5)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Sentret

Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away, Keen Eye
    Attacks: Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl (Level 4)

Hoppip

Type: Grass/Flying
    Ability: Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard
    Attacks: Splash, Synthesis (Level 4)

Aipom

Level: 3-6
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away, Pickup
    Attacks: Scratch, Foresight, Sand-Attack (Level 4)
    Rarity: Rare

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Determined to continue, Kieran began to make his way through Route 302. It was a quiet looking route and didn't have much to it - infact it just seemed to be one road leading straight ahead. Nonetheless, Kieran kept his wits about him and listened out for any noise. He could hear noises in the trees and could see figures moving about them. They were probably just pokemon, interested at Kieran's presence.

To the left of him, he saw two small trees - each one dotted with blue berries.
    "Ahh, these must be Oran Berries," Kieran said to himself, "better take some for Rhyhorn..." He picked about 5 berries and continued walking, deciding to leave some for others to consume.

After a little more walking, Kieran came across a flock of Starly, all walking around the rass, pecking it to see what they could find. He decided to check his Pokedex:

"STARLY. THE STARLING POKEMON. STARLY ARE KNOWN TO LIVE IN LARGE FLOCKS, AND CAN FLAP THERE WINGS WITH GREAT POWER."

"Hmm..." Kieran thought for a second, then he remembered how he had fought the trainer back on Route 301 with the Starly, and how well it fought, "I think I'm up for catching one myself!" He said getting his pokeball, "Rhyhorn, come out!"

The pokeball opened and released Rhyhorn, who stood tough infront of the flock. Many of the Starly fled, however a few stayed to defend themselves. These were the pokemon Kieran was looking for. He again used his Pokedex to check the moves of the remaining Starly - when he came across one with Quick Attack.
    "Perfect," he said, putting the device away. He pointed to the Starly, "Rhyhorn, hit that one with Horn Attack!" Rhyhorn took the chance and charged at the small bird, who was caught by surprise and got rammed into. The Starly regained it's position, and retaliated by attempting a Quick Attack. The attack hit Rhyhorn hard, but his Rock typing prevented any serious damage. The other remaining Starly flew off, leaving just this one behind.
    "Great Rhyhorn, now Horn Attack again!" Rhyhorn grunted and charged again. However, Starly simply flapped its wings and began to fly - leaving Rhyhorn below.
    "Damn!" Kieran hissed, "How can Rhyhorn hit it now?" Rhyhorn was pretty much asking himself the same question as he looked up at the flying pokemon. Starly stopped flying in circles and careered down into Rhyhorn with another Quick Attack. It's speed was very impressive, taking mere seconds to get from the air to Rhyhorn.

"Rhyhorn, try and hit it with Horn Attack on the way down!" Kieran commanded. Rhyhorn nodded and waited. Starly boomed down from the sky again straight for Rhyhorn - who tried to hit it just before impact. However, Starly was too fast and easily swerved past the attack, before hitting Rhyhorn again. It flew up and began to fly in more circles.
    "Dammit!" Kieran growled. He watched as Starly continued to hit Rhyhorn, then fly up, then hit Rhyhorn again, and so on. All the while, Rhyhorn couldn't keep up with Starly, and was growing tired from the constant running around and the blows it was taking. He began to pant now - Kieran had to think of something...

"Maybe if I just got one lucky shot..." he thought. Maybe he could use Rhyhorn's toughness to his advantage. He had an idea,
    "Rhyhorn, Tail Whip!" Rhyhorn began to wave his small tail at the Starly mockingly. The bird pokemon stopped mid flight in confusion.
    "Keep going!" Rhyhorn again wagged it's tail at Starly. Slowly, Starly began to get annoyed at this large creature mocking it.
    "Staaar!" it cried, before finally launching itself with another Quick Attack,
    "Great! Now hold your Ground Rhyhorn!" Rhyhorn stood and waited as Starly flew like a bullet towards him,
    "Now turn your back on it!" Rhyhorn hastily shuffled around and faced the other way. Starly, unable to stop, smacked right into the large spikes on Rhyhorn's back - causing itself more damage than Rhyhorn. The small bird fumbled to the ground, dazed after the impact. Now was the chance:
    "Let's see if those Tail Whips paid off, Horn Attack!" Kieran yelled. The Rhyhorn then ran right at Starly, and slammed it hard with a bang. Starly cried in pain as it was struck, and it rolled along the ground before skidding to a halt. Kieran readied the pokeball,

"Now, you'll be mine!" he said exitedly. He threw the ball at the collapsed Starly and watched with the tired Rhyhorn as it hit and sucked it inside. The ball dropped to the grassy floor and began to roll side to side.
    "C'monnn..." Kieran said to himslef - he just had to have it...

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Makani heard some noises near his ear so he opened his eyes and saw Bellsprout and Taillow talking. He didn't know what they were saying so when he rose from the wooden bench, he told Taillow and Bellsprout that it was time to go back into their pokeballs. When he said that, they were bugging him to let them stay out for a little longer. When they begged, he let them stay out of their pokeballs so Taillow flew up to his head and Bellsprout walked with him to the next route. They were walking and they were in Route 302.

''Don't you love this route guys?'' Makani asked. ''This route is so peaceful and relaxing.''

Makani and Bellsprout walked some more and they heard some new Pokemon. They stopped and they saw wild Starly, wild Sentret, and wild Hoppip. He was wondering which Pokemon he wanted to catch, but that wasn't also on his mind. The other thing that was on his mind was the nurse from Peach Town. She was the most beautiful girl he seen so far lately so he just walked some more into route 302.

Makani was still walking and while he was walking, he saw a wild Sentret looking at him. He looked a the wild Sentret and they both didn't move at all. He heard Taillow screech and he was worried about something wrong. He kept on starring at the wild Sentret and suddenly, he saw a dark blue figure coming towards the wild Sentret. He shook his head and it was Taillow attack the wild Sentret.

''Okay Taillow, since you want to battle so much, use Peck,'' Makani said.

Taillow kept on soaring towards the wild Sentret and when it was close by, it pecked it in the face. The wild Sentret took its head back and snared its nose Taillow. The wild Sentret came zooming towards Taillow and scratched Taillow's face, giving it a scar on the eye.

''Okay Taillow, use Peck again,'' Makani said.

Taillow took its wing off of its scared eye and soared towards the wild Sentret. Taillow pecked it in the face and the wild Sentret fell back to the ground. The wild Sentret was slowly getting up and than when it was running towards Taillow, it stopped in its own tracks and fell down. Makani was amazed that a wild Sentret like that was slowing down.

''Taillow, go check to see if it's really fainted,'' Makani said.

Taillow flew towards the wild Sentret and when it flapped its wings at the wild Sentret's face, the wild Sentret played possum and attacked Taillow from behind. Taillow fell down in front of the wild Sentret.

''Okay Taillow, this is might be the last blow, use Peck!'' Makani yelled.

Taillow got back up off of the ground and pecked the wild Sentret at the mid-point of the body. The wild Sentret was down and fainted and than when Taillow came back to Makani, he looked around the area for an outing and saw an Aipom waving at him, hanging from a tree. He smiled and than he waved back at the wild Aipom. His Taillow was tired from the Pokemon battle and Bellsprout was tired of walking so Makani put them back into their pokeballs and walked straight ahead by himself.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Chase was ready to leave by morning, and readily checked out of the Pokémon Center. "Alright Chou, I think it's time we head out" Chase said to his Pokémon, who seemed to be almost ignoring him. Nevertheless, she got up, expecting to be drawn back into her spherical device. And so it was. Chase returned her and headed out of the Pokémon Center.

Chase walked out of Peach Town and into Route 302. The route itself was quite a short route in his point of view, but nonetheless, it was quite populated by Pokémon and vegetation alike. As Chase watched, he noticed a variety of different Pokémon, which he found strange, as Route 301 was but just a town away. That aside, he still enjoyed the landscape, not questioning the difference.

"Hey Chou why don't you come on out? I can't have you just loafing in your Pokeball now can I" Chase exclaimed. He then allowed Chou out of her Pokeball, in which she stretched, expecting some kind of excitement.

"Hey, it's not like every time I get you out I need something, just figured you would want some fresh air" Chase said to his Chou, as she looked at him in a perplexed manner.

"Cha-o-a-ouh" Chou remarked, with a yawn/tired tone.

"OK, here's my chance, GO POKEBALL." A newbie trainer threw his Pokeball at Chou, which immediately startled her, as she had never had a Pokeball thrown at her.

"What the hell!" Chase yelled, blocking the Pokeball from hitting Chou.

"You screwed up my catch, you bastard!" said the trainer "I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle!"

"UH, for one thing that my damn Pokémon! Chou can whoop your ass anytime of the day" Chase exclaimed in a sarcastic tone of voice,

"Oh really know, well let's just see about that, Go Numel!" the unnamed trainer said, releasing a small, camel-like Pokémon.

"Alright Chou, let's do this!" Chase said

"Numel, use ember!" The trainers Numel began to muster up energy as it began to release a wave of fire aimed right at Chou

"Dodge it Chou!" but it was to no avail. Chou was hit by the burning pulse of flame, and inched back a little, not being too badly disturbed by the flame.

"Alright Chou, use Bubble!" Chou puffed up its body and released a wave of bubbles, every one of them hitting Numel right in the face.

"Numel! NO, I won't let this happen" the trainer stated as Numel fell to the ground, completely defeated by the double-super-effective attack. He then returned Numel, fishing in his pockets for another Pokeball. "Alright, let's go Pachirisu!" The trainer released a second Pokémon, mouse-like in form, of which Chase had recalled seeing on Route 301.

"Alright Pachirisu use Quick Attack!" The Pachirisu blazed extremely fast toward Chou, hitting her hard.

"Chou! Okay Chou, let's go with Flail!" Chou retaliated with a Flail attack, but the Pachirisu easily avoided the attack. "Damn" Chase said

"OK Pachirisu lets go with Charm!" The Pachirisu faced Chou and charmed her with his looks. When she began to look affected from the Charm the trainer yelled another command. "Now, hit it with Quick Attack!" The Pachirisu attacked Chou with another unavoidable attack, conquering her almost completely.

"Chou, come on, you can do it, get up and use Supersonic!" Chou began to get up

"Alright Pachirisu, let's finish this, use Spark!" The Pachirisu attacked Chou with a pulsing tackle.

"Big mistake!" Chase said excitedly as when Chou had risen this time, she was completely rejuvenated "Chou, Chou" she said, ready to kick some ass. "Chou has the ability of Volt Absorb, which means your attack only help Chou, dumbass!"

"Alright Chou, use Flail" This time Chou hit fast and hard, knocking Pachirisu clear on the other side of the field.

"Pachirisu!" the trainer shouted, while returning his injured Pokémon. "Wow, you beat me. Here take this, please I insist. I'm sorry be being such a condescending ass" The trainer handed him a bag, which contained a little cash and a couple of Oran berries.

"Thanks man, no hard feelings, just make sure you don't throw the Pokeball unless you're absolutely sure it's not owned by somebody"

"I will" the unnamed trainer replied, heading back toward Peach Town to heal his Pokémon.

Chase bent down to Chou, feeding her the Oran berries he had won. "There you are Chou, eat up, I'm sure your exhausted" Chou happily munched down all the berries, leaving nothing but the stems.

Now that Chase was sure his Pokémon would be okay, he continued on the route, leading toward the Mystifying Woods, according to his POKeNAV that is.

slls81

Years
  • Ben and Bulbasaur reached Peach Town just before sunset. Ben quickly found the pokémart and bought a couple of items. Not really knowing what to buy, he settled for 2 potions and an antidote. Happy with his purchase he left the shop.

Ben was starting to feel quite tired after an entire days walking, and looking down at Bulbasaur he saw that he was getting tired as well.

"Let's find the pokémon centre and get some sleep" Ben said looking down to his Bulbasaur.

"Bulba" the pokémon replied nodding his head.

After a short while walking around Ben found the Pokémon Centre and went inside. He walked in and saw a friendly looking Nurse standing behind the desk.

"Hello" She said with a big smile, "I'm Nurse Joy, how can I assist you?"

"Oh, I was wondering if you could take a look at my pokémon?" asked Ben

"Certainly, that would be no problem at all" Said Nurse Joy, "If you just put all of your Pokéballs in this tray I will start right away."

Ben returned Bulbasaur to his pokéball, and then placed it and Pidgey's pokéball onto the tray.

"Okay, it will take a little while to heal your pokémon, why don't you go and get some food from our canteen?" Suggested Nurse Joy.

Ben was starving, so decided to look for the canteen. After a short while, he found it he went inside and bought food for both himself and his pokémon. Once he had eaten, he headed back to the front desk to see that Nurse Joy had already healed his pokémon.

"Your pokémon are both perfectly fine, they were just a little tired" Nurse Joy told Ben.

"Thank you," said Ben, "Do you know any hotels nearby where we could stay the night?"

"Why, you can stay right here" Replied Nurse Joy, "We offer free rooms to all pokémon trainers!"

"Thanks that would be great" said Ben happily.

"Chansey, would you show this gentlemen to room 11 please?" Called Nurse Joy. A moment later a large pink pokémon that appeared to be carrying an egg in her pouch entered the room. She motioned for Ben to follow her and set off down a corridor. While following, Ben pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the creature.

'Chansey, the egg pokémon. It is said to deliver happiness. Being compassionate, it shares its eggs with injured people.' chimed his pokédex.

Suddenly the Chansey stopped outside of a door and gave Ben a key. Chansey motioned Ben to open the door which he did. "Thankyou" He said and the Chansey smiled and walked away. Ben walked into his room, which was nothing special with two bunk beds and a sink, and let out his two pokémon. They quickly ate the food Ben had bought earlier.

Pidgey then flew over to the window and perched on the windowsill before falling asleep. Bulbasaur looked up at his trainer and gave Ben a smile before curling up on the floor and falling asleep. Ben was also tired so climbed into the bottom bunk and swiftly fell asleep.

The next morning...

Ben was woken up early by his Pidgey, who was squawking loudly. "Okay, Okay I'm awake" Said Ben rolling out of bed. He looked down and saw Bulbasaur wasn't too impressed with the early wakeup call either... Ben quickly got changed and went downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast he planned to set off before realising he had absolutely no idea where he was going. He saw another trainer leaving the pokémon centre and decided to follow him. He followed him to the edge of town, and saw a sign saying 'Route 302 ahead'...

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Omnizaru: So, you just have to have it huh? Well, you got it!
    You caught a Level 5 Male Starly!

Fire2100:
    You must really like Nurse Joy xD Anyways, good wild fight.
    Taillow leveled up to 7!

SethMetal37:
    Each trainer seems to get a little meaner, huh? :P
    Chou leveled up to 13!
    Chou wants to learn Water Gun, but can only learn four moves... will you replace a move for Water Gun?

OOC:
    Tell me if you will in the OOC, and what move you're replacing

You Had Me At Hello: That's a nice post, having your own real life alarm :D
    You got 2 Potions!
    You got an Antidote!

Zeph.

Years
  • Kieran threw his fist in the air as the pokeball stopped rolling on the ground. He got one of his Oran Berries and gave it to Rhyhorn,
    "Well done Rhyhorn." he said patting it, "You were able to use your defence in an offensive manner. We'll need to remember that technique." He picked up the pokeball and released Starly onto his arm.
    "Staarr..." the pokemon groaned as it struggled to stay upright. Kieran quickly gave it another Oran Berry, which almost fully rejuvinated it. The small grey bird stretched its wings, and Kieran noticed the large white patch on it's forehead.
    "Ah, so you must be male. Well, I'm Kieran! Because of the skillful way you battled, I've chosen you to be one of my pokemon. Deal?" Starly chirped, "... I'll take that as a yes then." he replied. Starly then growled slightly at Rhyhorn, who simply gave it a stern stare in return.
    "Oh yeah, this is Rhyhorn! I know you guys are probably a little annoyed at each other after fighting, but soon we'll get along just fine!" Kieran then noticed another trainer nearby, training his Seedot, "Infact, I think now is a good opportunity. Return!" He recalled his two pokemon and ran over to the guy.

"Hey there!" Kieran said exitedly, "Wanna have a battle? 2 on 2 sound good?"
    "Wha? Sure! Count me in!" the other boy said. He walked over to the other side of a clear patch of ground, his Seedot took it's position, "Go! Pikachu!" he tossed a pokeball, and from it emerged a small yellow creature with a jagged tail, "Pika!" it said encouragingly.
    "Not bad," Kieran said, throwing his two pokeballs, "Go Starly and Rhyhorn!" Rhyhorn, as usual, entered with a thud, while Starly began to fly next to him, "Starly, Quick Attack!"
    Starly took off like a bullet, with a white streak following behind him. He slammed into the Seedot, who rolled about a little before getting up,
    "Quick Seedot! Harden!" shouted the opponent. Seedot stood firm and gave of a metallic shine, raising it's defense, "Now Pikachu, Thundershock Starly!"
    "Piiikaa!" Pikachu began as it charged the electricity in its body, "Chuuuu!" Small sparks of electricity were released, careering towards Starly.
    "Get out of the way!" Kieran frantically called out, but to no avail. The jolt clipped Starly's wing and the electricity pulsed through his body. It stalled in the air before regaining its position,
    "Rhyhorn, Horn Attack!" Rhyhorn stamped its feet and charged towards Pikachu, however the mouse pokemon easily avoided the attack.
    "Grr..." Kieran whispered, "Hey! You're not so bad dude!" he complimented,
    "Thanks! Not too shabby over there either! Pikachu, Quick Attack!" Pikachu darted towards Starly with great speed,
    "Growl Starly!" Kieran commanded. Starly growled at the oncoming Pikachu, causing it to loose a little speed, "Now get behind it and use Quick Attack!"
    Starly swiftly flew above and behind Pikachu's attack, before it hit hard with it's own Quick Attack. Pikachu was slammed into a tree with great force and looked slightly dazed.
    "Great Starly! Rhyhorn, Horn Attack Seedot!" Rhyhorn ran straight for Seedot - it was going to hit,
    "Bide!!" the trainer practically screamed. Seedot began to glow now. Rhyhorn slammed it hard, but Seedot took all the impact.
    "Awsome! Thundershock, Pikachu!" the trainer said relieved slightly. Pikachu picked itself up and fired another Thundeshock, hitting Starly. The bird pokemon cried out in pain as it struggled to keep flying. It was really weak now.
    "Rhyhorn! Use Horn Att-"
    "Too late! Unleash Bide Seedot!" the trainer shouted. Seedot fired a huge burst of white energy staright at Rhyhorn. The attack hit with a boom, bringing up dust and leaves in the process. Rhyhorn cried out as it was struck by an attack which was double the power of what he'd done to Seedot. He slowly got to his feet.
    "Great! Now Pikachu, finish off Starly with a final Thundershock!" the trainer commanded.
    "Piiikaaaa!"
    "Not so fast! Starly, use Quick Attack and get the hell behind Rhyhorn!" Kieran said urgently. Starly picked itslef up and zipped straight towards Rhyhorn, white streak behind it. It dived in behind the large pokemon,
    "Chuuuu!!" Another large volt of electricity was fired, crackling as it flew through the air,
    "Stay there Rhyhorn!" Kieran said confidently. Rhyhorn hesitantly stayed. There was a short pause before the attack hit Rhyhorn, sending sparks of electricity off in all directions. Rhyhorn flinched, but then looked confused as he felt no pain.
    "It worked! Electric attacks don't affect Ground types like Rhyhorn, so he was the perfect sheild! Now, hit that Pikachu with Horn Attack!"
    "Ryyooohh!!" cried Rhyhorn as it charged straight into Pikachu, hitting it square in the chest and sending it backwards. The electric pokemon fell to the ground fainted.
    "Noo!" cried the trainer, realising there was now very little he could do.
    "Quick Attack Starly!" Starly mustered all the energy it could and fired itself into Seedot. The attack hit perfectly, and Seedot rolled back unable to fight.
    "Seedot!" the trainer gasped, "Both of you, return." He retrieved his two fainted pokemon. Kieran did the same and walked over to the oppsing trainer.
    "Jees, that was some battle!" he said to him, "With pokemon like that you should have no problem in future!"
    "Yea, thanks," he said giving some money to Kieran for winning, "See ya!"

Kieran sighed and continued walking. That had taken a lot out of his pokemon...

Last edited:
    Years
  • The next day, Alex mumbled under his breath as he woke up. It was probably close to nine in the morning, and he already felt like he was late to starting on his adventure. With a heavy sigh, he heaved himself out of the bed and slipped onto the floor. Alex silently padded to the bathroom and then went about his morning duties of getting ready for the day. He took a warm shower, did the other natural bathroom stuff (like brushed his teeth), and then got dressed. A towel was lying across his shoulders as he half sauntered out of the bathroom and back into his lovely new room. Alex let out a satisfied breath. Showers always made him feel better.

After packing the few items he had carried with him, Alex carefully scoped out his room just to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything. The bed was neatly made, curtains on the windows pushed back, bathroom cleaned (he had even hung the towel over the rack), and not a real trace that he had been there. Alex felt satisfied as he picked up his backpack and walked out of the room. He was about to go talk to Nurse Joy (who was sitting at the front desk) when suddenly his cell phone rang. Alex froze. Then he slowly brought out his phone and saw the name "Arina" flash across it. His little sister. The oldest of the twins. Alex answered it coolly.

"Alex!" she squealed happily. He couldn't stop the teensy smile that appeared on his face. "I miss you. Sabir's being a controlling jerk!" she whined, obviously annoyed at this. Alex sighed and rolled his eyes. He leaned against the wall, bracing himself for at least half an hour of complaining.

"What did he do?" Alex asked, knowing that she would tell him anyway.

"Well, you know how you left, right?" Of course he did, Alex was here. They were there. It was one of those "duh" things, but that's just how Arina was. She wasn't exactly the most brilliant if she didn't try. "Well, Sabir's acting like our boss now. He keeps getting angry when Kiran and I go off to play by the pond and stuff. Something about wild Pokemon. Ugh, I don't really know. I don't really care either, but I do know it's really annoying! I wish you were here. It's so horrible now," she groaned.

"Ah, Sabir's just a bit stressed about taking the 'big brother' role," Alex explained casually.

"But he's still really annoying!" Arina complained. "Maybe he should learn faster."

"Arina," Alex warned. "Just give him time." He was attempting to hide his utter surprise that she had caused by calling him when he proceeded. "Is that all you wanted?" She hesitated, and then replied an affirmative. Alex frowned a bit, and then said, "Alright. Well, I have to go." He snapped the phone shut without another word. As he walked over to Nurse Joy, he switched his pained expression to one of cool uncaring. It was so easy for him to do. A quick glance at a clock hanging on the wall told him the call had barely lasted ten minutes. Wow, they really were on the off side of each other now. Alex sighed and handed Nurse Joy his key wordlessly, and then walked away. He wasn't hungry anymore, and his morning was thoroughly ruined.

Alex basically brooded all the way to the next route, Route 302. He kicked a pebble and didn't even look up at the obvious sign that was posted to let him know he was going the right way. It was a good thing he had checked his map the night before, otherwise there was a good chance that he would have skipped the sign and gotten completely lost. Heaving a sigh, Alex continued without much happiness for a while. After a while of this, he was about to pause for a short sandwich break when there was a rustle to his left. Alex looked over and waited. A rogue looking Starly careened out of the bushes and flew straight at his head. The little Pokemon had a collision with Alex, causing him to fall over.

Alex found himself looking up at the sky, blinking a few times in a row. He felt a weight on his chest, and when he looked and saw the Starly he wasn't quite sure how to go about this. The Pokemon had just buzzed straight for him out of the sky with no warning, and now it was just lying there. Alex poked it cautiously, hoping he hadn't somehow managed to kill the little bird. A soft snore told him it was alive. Sleeping? Alex wondered. Why the heck did it attack me and suddenly fall asleep? he found that to be rather annoying, actually. Alex carefully set the Pokemon off of his chest, and was about to leave when it suddenly sprang up and being squawking like mad. Alex yelped and covered his ears as the Starly fluttered about at his feet, clearly unhappy with something.

"What?" Alex asked sharply. The bird practically squealed. Alex sighed and scratched the side of his head, unsure what exactly this bird wanted. Suddenly it slammed against his leg, almost causing Alex to fall to his knees. "A battle? Is that what you want?"

"Starly!" the little bird chirped happily. It stopped attacking his legs and looked at him patiently.

"You're going to think I'm ridiculous," Alex muttered, but grabbed Magikarp's Pokeball anyway. Vaguely wondering if it was bad he was regretting his decision a little, Alex summoned his fish. It flopped up and down on the ground when it first appeared, but soon stilled. Starly cocked its head to the side curiously and took a cautious step forward. Magikarp's tail flopped. Starly nudged Magikarp with its beak. Magikarp gave a startled cry and began flopping harder. Alex snorted. "This will be fun," he muttered under his breath. "Alright Magikarp, just...keep doing some of those funky tail things."

"Karp!" Magikarp said as he flopped. Alex scratched the back of his head.

Starly then flew away. Alex looked around, but it didn't seem to come back. Just as he was about to become even more annoyed and recall his Pokemon, the bird went zooming back towards them. Alex called for a quick dodge, and Magikarp was able to narrowly miss the tackle attack that was aimed directly for him. Or maybe it was a quick attack. Alex wasn't sure, but he was just glad that Magikarp had made it out alive. Magikarp said his name happily. Starly cooed in annoyance and then took off for the air. It seemed to like flying tactics a lot better than ground combos. Alex watched as Starly suddenly careened for the ground once more. Magikarp, sadly, was unable to dodge the attack this time. It slammed straight into his side, but suddenly there was a cry of pain from Starly. Alex blinked in confusion.

He then pulled out his Pokedex and checked it. Reading Magikarp's description, Alex found the cause. Starly had injured its beak by hitting Magikarp's tough scales directly. Hey! Alex thought, getting a bit more excited and into the battle, I can use this as a pretty awesome advantage. He grinned a bit. Starly was wobbling about, clearly thrown off by this sudden development. Alex called for Magikarp to hit the bird in the face with its tail, which Magikarp managed to do. Mind you, it was a weak and not-so-effective attack, but Starly seemed to decide that it was enough. Starly cried out and swooped at Magikarp suddenly, slamming into its face with a tackle. Magikarp cried out and flopped backwards several paces, unable to defend itself now.

"Magikarp, try to make it hit your side and then smack Starly with your tail," Alex called. Magikarp hopped up once in an apparent agreement. Alex watched and waited. Starly seemed to pause as well, almost as if it was thinking on what to do next.

Suddenly Starly decided. It flew away again, and then swarmed downward toward Magikarp. Magikarp sat there and flopped, causing Alex to become stressed as he told his Pokemon to dodge or move or do something. Starly was right there moments later, and then Magikarp barely managed to turn just in time for the Pokemon's beak to hit his scales again. Starly let out another howl of pain as it fluttered to the ground, beak obviously hurting because the Pokemon flapped its wings about its beak. Magikarp began to slow and finally stopped hopping. Alex knew his Pokemon was reaching its end. Starly suddenly snapped out of it. Alex told Magikarp to get ready, but instead of attacking the Pokemon flew away. Alex felt very triumphant. At least, until he heard the loud cawing sound.

He watched in horror as a flock of about six or seven Starly came shooting out at him. They didn't look very happy. Quickly recalling his Magikarp, Alex ran away from the flock. He was only able to make it into low trees before they attacked. Luckily for him, the trees provided enough shelter and they flew away. This is SO not going to be my day, Alex thought miserably.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Omnizaru: That was a good post, but Route 302 only has ONE post, I'll let this go, but the exp has been reduced by some, just be more careful :D
    Rhyhorn leveled up to 8!
    Starly leveled up to 6!

Proddit:
    Nice going! You did good battling!
    You caught a Level 4 Male Rattata!

FernisΩ:
    That was a good encounter with Starly, it was very interesting!
    Magikarp leveled up to 13!

Chapter 5: Mystifying Woods
    Number of Posts: 3

Description: A forest with trees which have been here for thousands of years. This area was believed to have been inhabited by the Time traveler, Celebi. Deep within the woods is a temple, which was believed to be Celebi's former home.

Pokemon
    Caterpie

Level: 4-6
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot
    Rarity: Very Common

Metapod

Level: 6
    Type: Bug
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Attacks: Harden

Weedle

Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Poison Sting, String Shot

Kakuna

Level: 6
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Attacks: Harden

Ledyba

Ability: Swarm, Early Bird
    Attacks: Tackle, Supersonic (Level 6)

Spinarak

Ability: Swarm, Insomnia
    Attacks: Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face (Level 5)

Murkrow

Type: Dark/Flying
    Ability: Insomnia, Super Luck
    Attacks: Peck, Astonish, Pursuit (Level 5)

Misdreavus

Type: Ghost
    Ability: Levitate
    Attacks: Growl, Psywave, Spite (Level 5)

Last edited:

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Chase entered Mystifying Forest, this time, without the help of his POKeNAV, as there were huge "Beware" and "Go back" signs warning about the forest itself. Chase was not too worried, as he had his powerful Chou with him. He knew she would protect him, but he also wondered what kinds of Pokémon were in this forest. He mused on that thought for awhile before drawing the conclusion that they would mainly be Bug-type Pokémon, as, while walking through the forest, that was all you saw.

"Man Chou, we need to catch you a friend soon, but I just don't know, have you seen anyone you wanna make friends with?"

"Chou, chou" she replied. Chase couldn't remember letting her out of her Pokeball, but kept her out anyway, in hopes that she might help him.

"We should have bought an Antidote or two back in Peach Town, I heard this forest is famous for poisoning its travelers."

"Chou" she responded. Chase knew she couldn't understand him, but apparently, she knew when to answer.

After Chase had walked through the forest for about 30 minutes or so, he noticed it was getting darker. He knew that the darker the forests, the farther in they were. He pulled out his POKeNAV to check and see where he was, but unfortunately, on the screen where the map was usually posted, a big "NO SIGNAL" warning was. It then flashed back to a general outline of the map of Herion.

"Dammit!" Chase exclaimed "I knew we should have just bought a map." Chase knew, however, that a map would not have done him any better, and his POKeNAV was a much better guide.

About 10 minutes more of walking and Chase was spent. He went over to sit underneath one of the many trees, and decided to rest under one of the lighter trees in the forest.

"Wow Chou, it's pretty dark in here right now." Chase said.

"Chou, chou" she agreed.
    Chase was quite tired, and decided it would be better if he lied back, for at least a couple of minutes. As Chase dozed off, he felt something touching his shoulder, but was too lazy to see what it was, figuring it was only Chou, resting on him.

When Chase arose,20 or so minutes later, he felt refreshed. Chou, however, was watching Chase's shoulder, in a "Why the hell haven't you noticed what's on your shoulder" kind of way. Chase noticed this and asked Chou what she was looking at. She didn't even respond this time.

"Come on, Chou, what's up with you?" He was just waking up still, and looked over to his shoulder, scaring him half to death.

"HOLY FU—"Chase was cut off by the creatures puzzled look, as if the green, eight-legged creature belonged on Chase's shoulder.

"Oh my god, Chou, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WAS A F****** SPIDER ON MY NECK!!" Chase screamed, scaring away about 10 Ledybas and a couple of Murkrows out of the tree he was under.

"Chou?" Chou responded, only confused as to why he was yelling at her.
    The Spinarak just stared at Chase, almost sad, as if it was a lost puppy with nowhere else to go.

"Chou, chou" Chou stated as she ran over to look at the Spinarak. Spinarak sprayed a little String Shot in the air, and Chou and Spinarak were playing in the "Confetti."

"Well hey! I've got an idea. Chou, ask Spinarak if it would like to come with us on our journey?" Chase said, now excited. Chase on the inside, secretly hoped the spider would say no, as he was extremely arachnophobic. However, the spider had something else in mind.

"Rak, rak" the Spinarak told Chou. Chou then came over and tugged on Chase's pantleg, and assumed the position for battle.

"It wants a battle? Well then, I'm all for that, alright Chou, if you win, I'll try and capture it, how about that?" Chase said.

"Chou, chou!" Chou stated, readily anticipating its trainers orders.

"Alright Chou, let's use Supersonic!" Chou emitted its wave of sound, aimed directly at Spinarak, but only missed the attack, which was apparent when Spinarak shot out a Poison Sting at Chou.

"Chou! Alright, let's go for a Water Gun!" Chou spurted out a powerful gush of water, hitting Spinarak directly. The Spinarak was clearly in pain, but decided it wasn't giving up now. The Spinarak jumped in the air, higher than one would assume a Spinarak could, and landed right in front of Chou, using String Shot on Chou's body. Chou toppled over, covered in the webbing mess.

"Chou, break free!" Chou managed to wriggle herself out of the String and looked right a Spinarak, attacking unprompted, with a Flail attack. The attack, although Chase knew wouldn't do much, clearly knocked the Spinarak out cold.

"Alright Chou, great job. Now as I promised let's go for it, GO POKEBALL!" Chase threw the Pokeball directly at the feisty Spinarak, enveloping the Spinarak in its red energy. Chase watched the ball as it wriggled back and forth, anticipating a new addition to his team….

Years
  • Alex was paused, standing just outside a great woods with trees that looked to be hundreds (or maybe thousands) of years old. They towered above him, and he stared at them in simple awe. It was the Mystifying Woods according to his map, and he thought (though the forest looked a bit dark and gloomy) it was one of the most majestic things he had ever seen. Alex folded his map carefully and tucked it away, deciding that if he kept to the shadowed trail he would make it out just fine. Without another moment of waiting or hesitation, Alex took his first step inside the woods and was able to feel the temperature drop from the shadows. He shuddered and continued on.

As he walked, Alex found himself looking about at all of the old and sometimes gnarled trees. Each one seemed to hold a story, as well as a few Pokemon. Alex saw a lot of Caterpie and Metapod, along with Weedle and Kakuna. He had also seen a pod of Spinarak, but had decided to leave them alone. Though he knew multiple Pokemon were probably watching him as he went through the woods, Alex felt oddly like something was following him as well. It made him a bit tense and on edge, so every time he heard a twig snap he would jump and look behind him. Now, Alex wasn't the type to get scared, but this was seriously creeping him out. He then took a cautious step forward, and there was a loud cry from behind him that sounded like a screech. Alex whipped around, ready for a fight.

A dark shadow was just paces away from him. Alex grabbed Magikarp's Pokeball, even though he knew the fish would probably not be as much help right now as prior. Alex could only hope that the Pokemon before him wasn't a ghost. There was a hopping sound, and leaves crunched under the thing's feet. Alex's fist clenched around Magikarp's Pokeball. He ground his teeth together and waited. Suddenly the thing leaped up and flew at him. Alex knew what it was now; a Murkrow. Alex was about to duck, but the thing landed on his shoulder. It cawed happily and gave him a funny grinning look. Alex raised an eyebrow, wondering why the hell this bird would suddenly land on his shoulder. Maybe it was insane? Yeah, that was probably it.

"Get off of me," Alex grumbled. He took his left hand and tried to push Murkrow off his right shoulder. The bird squawked awkwardly and flew off, only to flutter back down seconds later when Alex's hand was moved. Alex nearly face-palmed. Murkrow cawed happily and pecked his ear. Alex glanced at the bird and saw the red eyes were staring at his Magikarp's Pokeball. Alex chuckled slightly, "Of course. Can I not go like three hours without a battle?"

"Krow!" Murkrow cawed. It flapped away and hovered in the air feet away.

"Bring it on, Murkrow," Alex said. A tiny grin had formed on his face. This Murkrow was actually making him feel a lot better. Alex knew what he was going to do if he could beat this little guy (or girl, he couldn't tell right now). "Magikarp, let's go." Alex chucked the ball, and it popped open. The flash illuminated the forest and then it went dark again. Alex's eyes took a moment to adjust. Magikarp flopped about on the ground, going back and forth simply. Murkrow cocked its head to the side curiously, probably wondering if he was seriously going to battle some big fish. The bird seemed to shrug it off, however. Alex pulled out his Pokedex.

Alright, so it knows peck, astonish, and pursuit, Alex thought. He glanced at Magikarp. Alex was about to order an attack, when suddenly Murkrow darted in and began to repeatedly peck at Magikarp. Magikarp flopped about in a feeble attempt to block the attacks. Alex knew that Murkrow was using a pursuit attack, just because he thought Alex probably had a trump card up his sleeve. Alex chuckled a bit, nope. No trump card. Murkrow soon stopped the attack once it noticed that Alex wasn't going to try and call Magikarp back. It hovered a bit, almost as if it were deciding what to do. Alex decided to take this opportunity.

"Magikarp, try to use your scales as a shield again. When Murkrow gets injured, then use that little attack number you like to do," Alex called. Magikarp said his name once in reply.

"Krow!" Murkrow screeched. It zoomed in suddenly towards Magikarp at a faster speed than Alex would have thought possible. Before Magikarp had a chance to try and block, the Pokemon had slammed its beat into Magikarp's vulnerable fin. Magikarp gave a loud cry as it was tossed like a doll in a bunch of bushes. Alex tried to think of what else to do now. Murkrow was fast, and Magikarp was slow. There was no way Alex would be able to get this...unless he slowed Murkrow down!

"Magikarp!" Alex called. His fish hobbled through the bushes and flopped up and down. "Fling mud from the ground at that Murkrow with your body."

Murkrow flew in rapidly again, and this time Magikarp didn't bother to stop it. Alex's Pokemon slammed into the ground, creating a rather nice rut. Alex smirked. Murkrow flew away, looking triumphant. It began to fly in again. Magikarp flipped its tail towards the wild Pokemon and, before Murkrow could react, the mud had hit it in the face. Murkrow went down, flapping at its face. Magikarp hopped himself forward, knocking himself into Murkrow and then getting rebounded backwards lightly. Magikarp stopped flopping and stayed still, silently waiting for something to happen next. Alex noted the mud that had gathered on Murkrow's wings.

"Magikarp, you can use your scales now," Alex declared calmly. "So just wait and watch."

"Karp!" Magikarp chirped in the affirmative.

Murkrow soon stopped fluttering about like its head had gotten cut off. It's red eyes stared down Magikarp, and then it charged in again. Alex could tell that it wasn't going to be a peck attack, just from the sheer speed that Murkrow was attempting to go at. The astonish attack would have worked very well, had Murkrow not been covered in mud. Magikarp leapt up and met Murkrow's attack, using his tail as a launcher. Murkrow squawked in surprise as it slammed into Magikarp's side. The Pokemon got knocked down. Murkrow cooed softly but slowly got back up. Magikarp flopped feebly.

"Alright Magikarp, let's finish this quick. Try to get Murkrow again, and then I'll finish it off," Alex called. Magikarp simply lay there, but Alex knew his Pokemon had heard.

"KROW!" Murkrow screeched loudly. It got up in a big hurry and suddenly charged at Magikarp. Alex could tell by the way it was holding its beak that the Pokemon was going to go for a peck attack.

"Now, Magikarp!" Alex shouted.

Magikarp whipped around, and Murkrow cawed in surprise as it noticed. Once again, the black bird made an attempt to stop in mid air, but it didn't work. Murkrow's beak slammed into Magikarp's side, and the Pokemon was down almost instantly. Alex let out a breath of relief and fished a Pokeball from his belt. Let's see how my first attempt at a capture goes, he thought. With that final thought, Alex tossed the shiny new Pokeball. Murkrow was engulfed in a flash of red light, and the ball began to shake.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • SethMetal37: That was an interesting post, get spiders to scare :D
    You caught a level 5 Male Spinarak!

FernisΩ:
    That was a good post! Good enough to get you a Murkrow!
    You caught a level 5 Female Murkrow!

Zeph.

Years
  • After quickly replenishing Starly's health with an Oran Berry, Kieran came across the end of the route - only to be met by the entrance of the Mystifying Woods. Kieran looked up at the height of the old, dark green trees with awe. This Forest had been around for years - decades even - and was sure to be crawling with weird pokemon. He checked his Pokenav to see if it had a map of the Forest - but there was no signal. No matter, he would be fine if he followed the main path tredded out by other trainers, and should the worst happen then Starly could help guide him. He briskly set foot.

Inside, Kieran could feel it get slightly warmer with the humidity. The sun only occasionally poked through the treetops, and there were the faint sounds of birds and insects alike. His main objective was to get to the next town, however Kieran was also curious as to what he could see, battle or even catch in here. There were the same old forest pokemon crawling about - like Caterpies and Weedles - but there were a few Murkrow around, and he thought he saw a Misdreavus as he walked through. He would have probably tried to catch one, but found it unnecissary as he aleady had a bird pokemon - and none of his attacks could even hurt a ghost type.

Kieran's gaze met a small, worn down sign standing aimlessley in the middle of the Woods, reading, "FOREST EXIT: 0.5 MILES >". At least he was nearly out of there. Almost immediately after this, Kieran felt a slight buzzing annoy him. He waved his hand behind his head and could hear the noise die down. However it simply returned, and began to irritate him. He turned around and was met by the face of a beady eyed bug pokemon. Startled, he flinched and steeped back briskly. Now he could tell it was infact a Ledyba.

"Baa!" It said, curious about Kieran's presence here.
    "Damn thing's annoying me," he said, reaching for a pokeball, "You should make light work of it, Starly!" He threw the ball in a threatening manner, releasing the small, grey bird. It cawed and flew directly infront of Ledyba.
    "Okay, use Quick Attack!" Starly tucked its wings in and shot like a bullet with a white streak towards Ledyba. The bug pokemon stayed, and just as Starly got close enough, it emitted strange signals of sound. Kieran winced at the high frequency sound, however Starly reacted differently. It was thrown off course, and fell to the ground with a skid - throwing up falled leaves and twigs behind it.
    "Ahh! Supersonic!" Kieran gasped. Starly was now confused, and couldn't see Ledyba properly.
    "Try Quick Attack again!" Starly swayed to its feet and flew towards the opposing pokemon. However, he couldn't fly straight and kept losing balance. In the end, it totally missed Ledyba and hit into a large boulder sitting in the forest. Starly shook its head as it fell to the ground, and was met by another reassuring Tackle by Ledyba, sending it off in another direction.
    "Starly! Stay focused!" Kieran called. He couldn't keep Starly out much longer, but he at least had to try and overcome this problem, "Take things slower, use Tackle!"
    Starly was still a little dizzy, however it flew close to Ledyba, and suddenly rammed into it. Ledyba winched as it got struck by the attack, and quickly regained its posture. It charged in for its own Tackle attack,
    "Starly, move!" Starly managed to throw itself out of the way of the oncoming Ledyba, "Now concentrate, and use another Tackle!" Starly was slowly beginning to regain full concentration now, become less confused. It hit Ledyba hard in the back with a second Tackle. This time, Ledyba battled to it's feet and used Supersonic again,
    "Quick Attack!" Starly flew like a jet above he soundwaves. It then turned and fired straight down into Ledyba, ramming it to the ground. The dust and leaves cleared to reveal Ledyba lying knocked out.
    "Staarrr!" Starly called as it celebrated its win.
    "Great work Starly! With your speed, you can become amazing," Kieran looked up, "Now fly above and help me find this exit!"
    "Starlyyy!" it said as it gracefully flew above the trees.

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Makani was walking on the route and when he saw the light go dark, he looked up and saw a lot of trees. He was wondering where he was going into so he checked his cell phone and it calculated that he was in the Mystifying Woods. He was walking inside the woods some more and saw a lot of wild bug Pokemon hanging and sitting there on the trees and crawling on the ground. He was wondering if he wanted a good bug Pokemon or not. He sat down on a stump and tried to remember what his teacher told him about basic bug Pokemon and when he was thinking, he saw a huge ladybug on the ground crawling towards him.

Makani was scared of the giant ladybug crawling towards him so he got up on the stump and took out Taillow.

''Okay Taillow, get that away from me now,'' Makani said.

Taillow soared towards the giant ladybug and when Taillow was coming towards it, the giant ladybug came up and tackled Taillow off of the air. When Taillow fell down to the ground, he saw a Ladyba in front of him. But since it attacked Taillow, it had to become a Pokemon battle.

''Get up Taillow and use peck,'' Makani said.

Taillow got off of the ground and pecked Ledyba in the face. The wild Ledyba fell on its back and it couldn't get up so it was his chance to catch a Ledyba. Makani grabbed a pokeball from his backpack and threw a pokeball at the wild Ledyba. The Ledyba was caught and when he was happy, he walked some more into the Mystifying Woods.

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------

Makani traveled more into the Mystifying Woods and when he was coming closer to a stopping point to rest, he saw an item ball on the ground. He wanted to pick it up, but he wasn't sure if it was an item ball or not. He walked some more to see what it was and it wasn't an item ball at all, it was a Pokemon trainer.

''Hey you, I want a Pokemon battle,'' the Pokemon trainer said.
    ''Okay than, one on one it is,'' Makani said.

Makani sent out Bellsprout and the Pokemon trainer sent out a Weedle.

''Bellsprout, use Vine Whip now,'' Makani said.

Bellsprout whipped a vine straight at the Weedle and the Weedle fell on its side. The Weedle squirmed back on its feet and waited for a command.

''Okay Weedle, use Poison Sting now,'' the Pokemon trainer said.

The Weedle squirmed towards Bellsprout and shot a poison needle directly at Bellsprout. Bellsprout laid its head backwards from the needle going into his head.

''Use Vine Whip again Bellsprout,'' Makani said.

Bellsprout whipped another vine at the Weedle and when he saw Weedle doing down with another blow, the Weedle was fainted and the Pokemon trainer fainted.

''That was a weak Pokemon battle with your rules of one on one,'' the Pokemon trainer said.
    ''Well that's your luck than, I win, so I'm going out of here,'' Makani said.

------------------------- ------------------------- ------------------------- -------------------------

Makani just thought about the Pokemon battle he just had with the Pokemon trainer and he needed a potion or an antidote so he can heal his Bellsprout so he kept on walking along the Mystifying Woods trail until he found one. He never found one and when he was walking further to a white light, he saw a ball shaped figure up ahead. He was just near the end of the Mystifying Woods so he saw what the ball figure was and it was an item ball. He picked up the item ball and opened it, thinking it was a potion. When he opened it, the item was an Antidote, what he wanted. He smiled and kept one walking, going to the exit of Mystifying Woods.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • While Chase was waiting patiently for the arrival of his new capture, Chou was tugging at his pantleg, obviously struggling to say something. Then Chase realized it, the Spinarak, when it shot out a Poison Sting attack at Chou, it might have poisoned her. Yep, that was it, Chou had been poisoned.

"Uh-oh Chou, I don't think I have anything I can heal you with…" Chase said quietly.

Chase heard the congratulatory click and realized he had captured Spinarak.

"Alright Chou, we made our first capture!" Chase exclaimed

"Chou, chou" she replied excitedly.

Chase released the Spinarak, who just looked at him, dazed and confused. "I just captured you buddy, I think I'm gonna give you a name…how about…uhh….Knid? Yeah, that'll work for ya, Knid"

Knid looked at his new companions with slight confusion, as it still did not fully understand what was going on, but he felt happy enough, so all was well.

"Here Knid, I got some Oran berries for you and Chou" Chase said to him, as he fed the berries to both of his Pokémon. "However, Chou is going to need an antidote or a Pecha Berry pronto, she's poisoned!" Chase said excitedly, scanning his surroundings for any such berries, but it was to no avail.

Chase walked with both of his Pokémon out, to ward off any unwanted wild Pokémon battles. Chase had walked for another 5 minutes, and Chou looked really beat, poisoned, and with nothing but Oran berries (Of which Chase was running out of) to sustain her. Upon kneeling down to feed Chou another Oran berry, Chase saw someone walking in the forest. Chase had decided he would ask this complete stranger if he had any antidotes or Pecha berries.

"Hey, uh I know this may sound awkward, but I was wondering if you had any antidotes or Pecha berries." Chase asked the stranger.

"Well, yeah, I do actually…but in order to get one from me I want something in return..." the stranger said "A Pokémon battle"

"Uhh, yeah I guess, I just don't know if my Pokémon will be up for it" Chase said, but he knew all too well Chou was up for battle any time of day. So far, Chase assumed that anything Chou wanted to do, Knid would want to do. Knid seemed like a lonely kind of spider, who just wanted friends.

"Well, then here you go!" The trainer handed Chase a Pecha berry, to which he gave to Chou, rejuvenating her and readying her for battle. "Now, I assume you'll be wanting a double-battle then?" the trainer asked.

"Yeah, I just caught Knid, the Spinarak, so I don't quite know just how powerful he is. But we can do this, alright guys let's go!"Chase exclaimed, not realizing his Pokémon were already out.

"Ok then, let's go for Phanphy and Misdreavus!" the trainer called out his Pokémon. The first, Phanphy, looked like a miniature elephant, and the second, Misdreavus, Chase had recalled seeing in the forest earlier on.

"Alright Phanphy, let's go with a rollout on his Spinarak! And Misdreavus, use Night Shade on Chinchou!" the trainer exclaimed strategically.

"Okay, Knid, dodge as best you can, and Chou go with Water Gun on Misdreavus, and hurry up on that!" Chase told his Pokémon.

Knid jumped up high, and used String Shot on one of the tree branches, making it easy for him to dodge the Rollout attack. Chou, however, was not so lucky. Chou was hit hard with a Night Shade attack, causing her a bit of distress, but otherwise, not too much to worry about.

"Alright Knid, use Scary Face on Misdreavus, and Chou, you use Water Gun on Phanphy!" Chase told them both.

"Misdreavus dodge!" The trainer said, obviously forgetting about his Phanphy, who was hit hard with a Water Gun attack, taking quite a toll on its physical condition. Misdreavus, despite its trainers command to dodge, was still affected by the Scary Face attack, causing the Pokémon to become wary of Knid, afraid to attack him.

"Alright Chou, go for a Thunder Wave on Misdreavus!" Chase shouted before being interrupted by the other trainer's command of—"Phanphy, just hit that damn Spinarak with something!"

Misdreavus dodged the Thunder Wave, but by just an inch, and also by its own acknowledgement of the fact that it was being attack. Phanphy ran after Knid, but unfortunately, Knid was just too fast and easily avoided the attack.

"Misdreavus, now's our chance, hit Spinarak with Will-o-Wisp!" The trainer shouted. Misdreavus puffed up its chest and released a ball of flames, heading straight for Knid. However, Chou jumped in the way of the attack, being struck by the Will-o-Wisp, burned, and clearly resenting its own choice for doing so.

"Chou! I don't need you burned already!" Chase exclaimed "Alright Knid, use String Shot like you did on Chou to wrap up that damn Misdreavus!" Chase demanded. Knid succeeded in doing so and brought out its last command "Knid, use Poison Sting!" Knid shot out about 20-30 small barbs of poison, all hitting Misdreavus, knocking it out cold.

"Phanphy, Rollout!" The trainer commanded. The Phanphy began a steady run toward Knid, but then stopped, and started to run backwards bashing into a tree, knocking it out.

"But—what? I…I lost?" the trainer exclaimed "But, how!"

"Well, just cause you don't hear every command I tell them doesn't mean they don't do it." Chase stated triumphantly. "I told Chou to use Supersonic on Phanphy, predicting you would use Knid's vulnerability during the String Shot episode." Chase said.

"Well, yeah, I guess that works for me, you win…here take this" The trainer handed him a bag of Poke dollars and a couple of Pecha berries. "Also, your Chinchou might want this" The trainer handed him a Burn Heal, of which Chase used immediately, thanking the trainer kindly.

"Thanks for that great battle, hey do you have a POKeNAV?" the trainer asked.

"Yeah, I actually do! Do you want my number?" Chase asked

"Nah, let me give you mine. My name's Geoff. Nice to meet you." Geoff told Chase, next giving him his number.

"Farewell then Geoff. See ya later" Chase said. He had made his first entry into the trainers he had battled. What a success. He figured his Pokémon were quite exhausted and decided they would rest under a tree for awhile. As they lay back, he watched the tree he was under wave, and slowly drifted to sleep…AGAIN!

slls81

Years
  • Making his way onto Route 302, Ben saw a short path leading towards what looked like a woodland. The path was surrounded by trainers, who Ben assumed were beginners like him. Looking around, he accidently caught the eye of a young boy to his left, who immediately ran over to Ben.

"You caught my eye," said the boy excitedly, "That means you must battle me!"

"Really?" said Ben slowly, thinking he'd prefer to just head straight onto the woodland ahead.

"Yep!" cried the boy animatedly, "You and me must battle right now! The names Taylor by the way!"

Seeing there was no way out of this, Ben sighed and pulled a pokéball from his belt. "Fine the names Ben. Two on two okay with you?"

"That will be just fine" said Taylor as he sent out his first pokémon. It was small, red and looked like a crab with big claws. Ben pulled out his Pokédex and scanned the creature:

Krabby, the River Crab pokémon. If it senses danger approaching, it cloaks itself with bubbles from its mouth so it will look bigger.

"Okay then, Bulbasaur your up," Said Ben, throwing his pokéball and releasing the grass type pokémon.

"Okay Bulbasaur, start with a Tackle" Ben called quickly.

"Dodge it Krabby" yelled Taylor. His Krabby began scuttling sideway, but was not quick enough to avoid the tackle attack and was pushed backwards by the force.

"No Krabby are you okay?" asked Taylor, "Try a bubble attack" Krabby shot a stream of bubbles at Bulbasaur, which hit the grass pokémon but didn't seem to cause much damage.

"Tackle it again Bulbasaur!" called Ben. Bulbasaur charged towards Krabby, which was again too slow to avoid contact from Bulbasaur and was knocked backwards off of its feet.

"Krabby try to get up," instructed Taylor and Krabby struggled to it's feet, "Now try a vice grip" Krabby began scuttling towards Bulbasaur baring it's large claws.

"Quickly use Leech Seed" called Ben. A seed sprouted from the bulb on Bulbasaur's back and shot out at the advancing Krabby, attaching to it's claw. Miniture vines grew out of the seed and wrapped themselves around Krabby. The vines began to glow and Krabby began scuttling around like mad, obviously in pain.

"Okay let's end this Bulbasaur tackle" said Ben. Bulbasaur slammed his shoulder into Krabby once again knocking it to the ground. This time Krabby was unable to get up. "Great job Bulbasaur" said Ben happily.

"Krabby return," Said Taylor. Then looking up at Ben he said, "Good job Ben, but my next pokémon won't be so easy, go Mankey"

"What's that" questioned Ben, pulling his Pokédex out again.

Mankey, the pig monkey pokémon. Quick to anger, it will begin brawling on the slightest provocation. It is unsafe to approach as it is very nimble.

"Let's see how nimble," said Ben confidently, "Tackle Bulbasaur."Bulbasaur charged towards the Mankey, but just as he was going to slam his shoulder into it the Mankey rolled out of the way, causing Bulbasaur to skid to a stop.

"Mankey use Low Kick and follow up with scratch," yelled Taylor. Mankey charged at Bulbasaur, and as he turned to face Mankey it kicked Bulbasaur's leg's from underneath him. While Bulbasaur was on the ground, Mankey scratched him with hit's sharp claws and bounced away.

"Now Mankey fury swipes" called Taylor, as Bulbasaur slowly struggled back to his feet

"Leech Seed Bulbasaur" called Ben in desperation. Mankey jumped up over the seed and landed to repeatedly swipe Bulbasaur's face, causing him to faint.

"Return Bulbasaur" said Ben returning Bulbasaur to his Pokéball, "You did a great job thank you. Okay then go Pidgey."

The little bird burst out of her Pokéball and immediately dived at Mankey, knocking the monkey off its feet. The Mankey leaped to it's feet and jumped around angrily and screaming loudly. The Mankey then charged at Pidgey who simply flew higher into the air before diving into another tackle and knocking Mankey off its feet again. Ben had an idea as Mankey got to its feet again looking even angrier.

"Okay Pidgey fly up really high," Ben called to his Pidgey. Pidgey gave her trainer an inquisitive look, but did as he said. Mankey, realising it couldn't attack Pidgey from the ground climbed the tallest tree it could see. Pidgey began to fly towards the tree.

"No Pidgey, stay away from Mankey," yelled Ben. His Pidgey again looked confused but obeyed her trainer.

Seeing what his Mankey was doing Taylor called to his Mankey, "No Mankey, don't dive off that branch." It was no use however Mankey climbed to the top of the tree and leaped at Pidgey.

Ben had been hoping for this and called, "Now Pidgey dive to avoid Mankey." Pidgey dived quickly causing Mankey to jump over her and fall all the way to the ground, landing head first. Mankey struggled back to its feet, but looked extremely groggy.

"Okay Pidgey finish it with Tackle," Called Ben. Pidgey complied and tackled Mankey, causing the pokémon to faint.

"Mankey return," said Taylor disappointedly, before walking over to Ben. "That was a great battle Ben thankyou" he said offering his hand.

Ben shook Taylors hand and complimented the trainer and his pokémon. After exchanging pleasantries, the two trainers headed towards the woodland ahead, before splitting paths. Ben continued walking along happy that he had won, and happy that he could finally make his way into the woodland ahead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back