• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The road of the forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Story:

You are a normal person. A normal life, a normal job, just like most people. You live in a rather large city, which holds many wonders. Like many cities, pokemon run free in it, and people have pokemon of thier own. You do not. You do not care for pokemon, for you feel your life is more important then looking after a pet. You continue your life.

Over the years, you've started to notice collegues and people dissapearing. Even your favourtie coffee shop has closed due to the owner dissapearing unexpectantly. Then the people are forgotten. But people still keep dissapearing.

One day, you are on your way home from work. Its a veautiful sunny day, but of course you dont' care. You just want to get home. As you pass an dark alleyway, you are pulled into it. You are beaten round the head with something blunt and you are knocked unconcious.

You stir. you mumble. You awaken to find yourself in a cell, a chamber, if you will. You look around, finding a door. You try to open it, but of course it is locked. Looking around, you see no source of sunlight, nothing but dull grey.

A pain in your head. You reach your hand up, touching the part of your head that hurts. It stings. You withdraw your hand to find a mangled mishappen lump of flesh where your hand should be. You scream.

You wake up. Again, you are in your cell. This time you look at your hand to find that it is not yours. It look nothing like a hand. You panic. You run to the door and bang it screaming wildly. The door flies open and you are dragged out into a lab. A doctor is standing there. He doesn't look friendly. You try to break free of the people holding you but to no avail. He pulls out a syringe from his lab coat and stabs it into your arm. You quake for a moment then lie still. You cant move. You cant feel anything. Then, your glowing brightly. Every organ and nerve in your body is screaming out to you, and you are blinded in a white light.

You wake up. Again. This time you are in a meadow. There is a lake nearby. Along with row upon row of pokemon. You look at your reflection to find you are a pokemon. You panic once more. Pokemon hold you down and explain that they were once human, and that this meadow is not what it seems. You are in a simulation.

Your story beings here.

Role:

You are a pokemon. You need to figure out whats going on and escape the simulation. (I will bring in some plot devolpments so it pushes the sotry along)

Rules

-No spamming, flaming or godmodding of the sort.
    -No legendaries, thats cheating.
    -play fair.
    -dont keep posting over and over.
    -Follow the simple forum and roleplaying rules.

Character Template

Copy/paste this and fill it out.

Name:
    Pokemon:
    Bio: (i.e personality and history)

My Character

Name: Devlin
    Pokemon: Turtwig
    Bio: Devlin is a simple boy, stubborn and works at a local newsagents and delivers papers. He likes to toy with people, and can get a little violent. If messed around with, it can develop into extreme anger. Most of the time is a very quiet person. Very docile.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    Sign-up: "Pokémon: The Road of the Forgotten"

I have to admit this sounds fun!

Name: Whitney Rivers

Pokemon:
    Poochyena

Bio:
    (mind if I split this?)
    Personality
    Normally Whitney is bold and tenacious, never giving up on something she started. She finishes things to the end -- rarely any exceptions, if any. However, even though she is brave on the outside, she is easily scared off. She often sticks her nose in things that aren't her business, and so sometimes she can be annoying. However, Whitney can also discover useful things. Of course, that's much rarer.
    Whitney is loyal to those she's close to, and once she's a friend, she's a friend for life. You can count on her to protect you with her life... but only if you're friendly to her in return. If you try to make allies with her by force, you can be 99.9% sure it won't work. Whitney isn't afraid to oppose those who displease her, with her short temper and all. When she's in a bad mood, it's best just to let her cool down for a while. Quick-thinking, she is strategic and doesn't hesitate to think her battle out while she dodges. She also likes to help others when in need; she can't turn a blind eye. She is considerate of others and tries not to hurt them too much. Whitney is rather argumentative. She is also creative, however.

History
    For one thing, since she was very young, she had always loved art. She spent her time sketching things. Mainly, Whitney liked drawing animals, but she moved on to humans soon. She had become experienced at both when the people started disappearing. Her first painting was of a wolf in the snow, and that appeared to have some connection to how she became a Poochyena. Or at least, she thinks so. When they continued disappearing without a trace, Whitney became suspicious. She was cautious when returning from an art gallery one day... but not cautious enough. Still she managed to be knocked unconscious and pulled into the mess. Her goal is to figure out exactly what happened and what the "simulation" is for, and what it means.

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
    Years
    Name: Kaida

Pokemon: Dratini

Bio;

Personality
    : Kaida is a very shy girl, and usually doesn't get along with others. She is very paranoid, and does not like to take risks very much. She doe not want to work alone in any situation, and wants to get all the help she can. Kaida panics easily, so most people aren't really fond of her.

History: Kaida has always been very paranoid, ever since she had had an incident with a spider(or Spinarak, if you please) when she was 5. When the people started disappearing, she was completely scared and wished it wasn't happening. The day she turned into a Pokémon, she was trying to carefully eat some ice cream she had purchased, but no sucess. She turned into a Dratini, and she believes it is because of her shyness. All she would very much like to do is go back home, or at least stop the simulation, or something like that.

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Yeah fi you want, feel free to split your bio into the 2 sections.

Ok. about 3 more people and we will get started.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Ooh I like this :D

Name: Jarret
    Pokemon: Tauros

Bio: Jarret used to have a job as the local milk boy in his residential area. As a result, he became quite popular among the locals. Jarret also took an interest in performing arts.

He is a friendly person to be around and can get along well with whoever he works with. However, he isn't a pushover, as he can easily stand his ground against those who want to challenge him for the wrong reasons. Jarret is good at taking jokes, and will sometimes use humour to take peoples' minds off of certain bad situations.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Whoa.

As soon as I read this, I could almost hear GlaDOS saying, "Hello, and welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center."

Name: Bowman Hath
    Pokemon: Umbreon
    Personality: He always has the subtle feeling that he is imposing on the world, and as such, Bowman prefers to stay quietly in the background. He feels uncomfortable when any sort of attention is directed towards him, which is likely what prompted him to become a science-fiction writer. Not competent in any sort of physical activity, his only real talent is that he has a very good memory. His interpersonal relationships never get very far, as he eventually begin to feel that he's asking for too much effort or resource from them.
    Bio: Born with an uncommon lung disorder, Bowman was a weak and sickly child. His early years were practically lived between hospital visits, and he began to feel guilty that his weak body was taking so much time, energy, and money from his parents. It was this guilt that molded the adult Bowman's avoidant personality.

At age 16, he secretly began writing small stories for children's books, and by the time he was 18, he had enough money saved to get a small house in the country, away from everyone else, where he could do his work without hassling anyone ever again. He occasionally traveled into the city to visit the editorial office, and it was on one of these trips that he was caught.

Fellow RPers: The OP says you're on your way home FROM WORK. Your favorite COFFEE SHOP has closed down. HOW ARE YOU 13 YEARS OLD?

Last edited:

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Whoa.

As soon as I read this, I could almost hear GlaDOS saying, "Hello, and welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center."

Fellow RPers: The OP says you're on your way home FROM WORK. Your favorite COFFEE SHOP has closed down. HOW ARE YOU 13 YEARS OLD?

Olol. "neurotoxins"

And sorry. the RP was designed to sound like you were 20-30...:/

work could mean a paper round or something, and maybe 10-20 year olds like coffee. I do.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
    Name: Fox

Pokemon: Nidoking

Bio: No one really knows what Fox did before the kidnapping. He liked to keep to himself and wouldnt tell anyone what he did. He would even go as far to change the subject to avoid the question.

Fox doesnt like people, but if you become his friend, then your going to be fine. Even the Mob could be after you and you would be fine. He is a tough guy who trys not to show any emotion. His mindset is "life is a battle feild, if you dont learn this then you will become a casutly." and he keeps true to this. He will march into a hail of fire to help his Few friends.

Last edited:

The Scientist

Years
    >Fox doesnt like people
    >He will march into a hail of fire to help his friends.

Something doesn't add up here... I just can't place my finger on what...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    >Fox doesnt like people
    >He will march into a hail of fire to help his friends.

Something doesn't add up here... I just can't place my finger on what...

Oh come on, let them have their fun ;)

Name: Stanley Gibbons
    Pokemon: Stantler
    Bio: Stanley is a rising inventor, and quite brilliant. He is the heir to one of the largest fortunes in the world, and as such believes himself to be greater than most others. From an early age, Stan has been taught to look down upon average men, and to brag at every opportunity. This fits him just fine. Not only outwardly proud, Stanley truly believes that the world was made for him, ripe for the taking. Most of his inventions are brilliant and sold worldwide. In fact, he was the creator of the Pokemon Healing Device Version 7.09, which has a much faster healing rate and can even speed up the process of hatching eggs with no harmful side effects. Usually. Whcih, of course, brings up the fact of the many lawsuites that he has had to withstand. Winning most, with his natural charm and wit (a law degree helps too), he has still become increasingly secretive. Stanley believes himself to be flawless (after all, he is rich), but he tends to overlook the fact that he has little true friends and can be an annoying companion. Also, he is argumentative and cares little about others. Now, without his fortune and good looks, Stanley feels that today may be one of his "bad" days.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
    could we post in colors other than bright green! it is very hard for me to see, i am not as young as i use to be and my eye sight just keeps getting worse, the bright green is very hard for me to see and i had to highlight it just to read what is says. so please post in black or other dark colors. and it is very, very hard to see in the quote bubbles.

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Ok, we seem tpo have enough poeple now. Let's get started.

We'll say your all in a group. A Glalie flots before everyone and says "We have stayed here too long. I vote we rise up, and break out!" Everyone cheers.

Devlin: All right! Let's do this!

continue form here.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    Whitney was still rather suspicious. "Wait! I need more explanation." She took a step towards the Ice Pokémon, a rather determined look on her face. "First of all, what does it mean when you say we're in a simulation?" The gray canine gritted her teeth slightly, itching to know the answer. "Second, do you know what will happen if we stay here too long?" Glancing around her, she saw that the meadow was rather empty, but she could hunt other Pokémon... maybe... unless they left. "And, one final thing... do you have a plan to break out? Or will we sit here hopelessly?" Her voice was turning into a growl now; she couldn't help being suspicious of all these Pokémon. It was just... too new to her. They could have a plot... but they were her only hope of getting out. If she had to get out at all. She could just stay here, but... then again, why did all the others seem adamant about getting out? Was this a situation of life or death or something?

In her stomach, Whitney didn't feel good about getting out. But at the same time, she didn't want to stay either. Torn between the two choices, she had to wait for the Glalie's answer in order to know. Hopefully he knew something. But if he didn't answer, she was in for real trouble. She just had to ask herself a question too. Would she rather be stuck in here, all alone, or would she rather run free with all these others and start a life in the wild?

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Name:Dominic Arturo Jaun Paco La Tour,Art for short
    Pokemon:Tyrogue
    Bio:
    Personality
    Arturo is a sufferer of MPD.He has six destinct personality types that he cycles through randomly.These are
    1.The Gentlemen
    His first personality is a posh gentlemen.He doesn't like to consort with those who aren't wealthy.favorite food is earl grey tea.He has a distinct brittish accent
    2.The Enthusiastic
    This is hist default personality.He is fun loving and hyper.likes french fries.He has a Spanish accent.
    3.The nerd
    This form is a very angry person.He is constantly rude and full of himself.likes pocky.He has a nasally accent
    4.The serious
    This form is constantly serious.He is also aggresive and shows his irration by setting his hand on fire in tyrogue form.lkes turkey legs.Has no accent
    5.The calm
    This form is always calm.It is also very intelligent.Likes green tea.has no accent.
    6.The coward
    This form is scared of everything.including dirt.Likes milkshakes.Has no accent.

history

Art comes fom a well off household.His father is a gym leader and his mother is an actress.He is of mixed spanish and french descent and uses his mothers last name.He has no steady job an instead likes to do odd jobs.

RegiMasta

Regi Trainer
    Years
    • Oz
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Really hope I'm not too late...

Name:Arden Ladespot

Pokémon: Magnemite

Bio: Arden is a person who is interested in pokémon, just never really had the drive to go out and catch one. He likes to study pokémon and look at pictures of them in books. He is kind of optimistic about being a pokémon, even though he knows it's only a simulation with seemingly malicious intent.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    "...I vote we rise up and break out!"

This grabbed Jarret's attention. He lifted his head from the lake he was drinking from and saw a Glalie floating above. Also noticed was a Poochyena, apparently trying to be sure of what the ice pokemon just said. Jarret couldn't make out what was said, except from,

"...do you have a plan to break out? Or will we sit here hopelessly?"

There was a small pause, before Jarret walked up and spoke, "Well, plan or no plan, why would we want to break out? It's a nice environment, wide open spaces, fresh food every day and unlimited, clean water. Heck, we could all just be like that Snorlax over there and sleep all day..."

Jarret looked around once more. He didn't understand why this Glalie wanted to escape.

Last edited:

Vednix

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    (More people joining! The more the merrier!)

The Glalie Looked at whitney with a wise expression.
    "Ok. An explanation you want, an explanation you get,"

"We are in a simulation. I used to work for a company who research the behaviour patterns of pokemon and the bond between pokemon and human. We found out that there was a part of the pokemon in the human. And so, as an experiment, they kidnapped innocent people to conduct expresiments on them. These expreiments were for the purposes that I do not know about. I am sorry for that. Now, we should break out"

RegiMasta

Regi Trainer
    Years
    • Oz
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Stanley Shook his antlers and raised his head.
    "I think you'e all losing sight of the true objective here, To get ME out of here."

Dominic, (currently in "The Serious",) Stands up from sitting and watching (As the coward) and says to stanley "You know what would be nice, If you'd care a little bit more about anyone other than yourself!"

The two begin to argue, and Arden floats nearer to the glalie and whitney, and speaks up for the first time in the simulation.

"you know, we DO have attacks that our respective pokémon would have, Why don't we try using them to escape?

The Scientist

Years
    As usual, Bowman had gone unnoticed until he decided to speak up.

"Let me ask you all something: why would we want to escape? Here, we have unlimited food and water, and at least the place looks pretty nice. You want to give this up to return to that filthy bleak rat race?"

He paused for a moment, somewhat surprised at the sharpness of his words. He started over, trying to sound a bit less harsh. In life and speech, he strove for neutrality, safeness.

"I've been sick all my life. I've had to work my ass off just to scrounge up the necessities for life. There's no enjoyment in the real world- it's an endless cycle: working to stay alive, staying alive to work-"

He paused again. This one came out all cynical and pessimistic. Was this how he really thought? Try again...

"So what if this is a simulation? It's real to us right now. Who's to say the real world we know isn't just another simulation? 'Real' and 'Fake' are relative terms, they change meaning based on our perspective."

Ahh, much better. Something logical, something neutral, something safe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back