• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Tabletop RPG?

If Nintendo/Game Freak were to publish a Pokemon tabletop roleplay game, I would...

• Purchase the game with excitement.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Purchase the game without much enthusiasm.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Purchase the game after seeing what other people thought.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Not purchase the game. Period.

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
Years
  • I wanted to pop in and note that I have finalized the battle rules. I have also not yet received a response from Pokemon USA, Inc. I can only hope that means the longer they wait in replying, the more they are actually considering talking to me further about it.

I've also finally worked out how characters are going to work in general. Now it's just a matter of getting through all the tedious work, and I might be ready for a full scale beta test in about six months time working solely on my own.

Years
  • I was starting some research on creating such a system for personal use myself, when I stumbled upon this thread. Is there any way you could send me (a preview of) your work so far? It would save me a lot of work, though you've pointed out a few things i intend to use either way. Thanks either way!

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • I would play. I'd play it against my neighbours (even though they're aged 7 through 9... ><;). Besides a fan game with a dedicated creator is almost guaranteed to just as good - no, better. Some one who understands Pokémon and has a good concept will make a good game, I think.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2015
    Oh, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I love tabletops, namely Star Wars and DnD, so as long as its similar to them (d20 enough) I would buy and make my friends play it. I actually had a similar idea a little while ago, but I just, stopped working on it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    What, did dude die? Was he told to stop? The game sounded borderline interesting; what heppened?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Maybe he gave up on it? Either way, please don't revive threads over a month old. This one's two years.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back