• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon theory number #1 Who is ash's father ._.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    i did not c the episode wer ash came back n the picture was there but i saw a pic of that part
    n his father really look like that guy who appears n contests n 3rd gen (idk f he appears n next gens cuz i did not watch gen 4_6 yet) the 1 who keeps sayin remarkable

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i did not c the episode wer ash came back n the picture was there but i saw a pic of that part
    n his father really look like that guy who appears n contests n 3rd gen (idk f he appears n next gens cuz i did not watch gen 4_6 yet) the 1 who keeps sayin remarkable
    thats mr. sukizo and he looks more like a
    Pokemon theory number #1
Who is ash's father ._.
    then ash's dad. we can automatically eliminate anyone ash has seen outside of the men in pallet & anyone who has shown up in the anime that ash has never met given how if he sees someone he knows he'll usually run up to them or vise-versa.
    also, mr sukio stopped appearing after the 4th gen

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    thats mr. sukizo and he looks more like a
    Pokemon theory number #1
Who is ash's father ._.
    then ash's dad. we can automatically eliminate anyone ash has seen outside of the men in pallet & anyone who has shown up in the anime that ash has never met given how if he sees someone he knows he'll usually run up to them or vise-versa.
    also, mr sukio stopped appearing after the 4th gen

then i've no idea who his father is may be his father died in war

or his father is giovanni and the giovanni of team rocket is an incomplete clone

or may be ash's father died and ash never knew who his father was and never bothered to ask

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024

or his father is giovanni and the giovanni of team rocket is an incomplete clone

or may be ash's father died and ash never knew who his father was and never bothered to ask
    well, that clone theory is out. the only human to have been cloned was ambertwo & she was short lived. it was Giovanni who funded the clone project to begin with & mewtwo was the first successful clone to be made. scientists obviously got better at handing life and death later on without even knowing about dr.fuji's research given all the revived fossil pokemon, the second mewtwo which was most likely made by people who didn't know the first one existed & the 5 genesects that where not only revived but also cybernated. makes you wonder what would happen if the two mewtwos met..

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    well, that clone theory is out. the only human to have been cloned was ambertwo & she was short lived. it was Giovanni who funded the clone project to begin with & mewtwo was the first successful clone to be made. scientists obviously got better at handing life and death later on without even knowing about dr.fuji's research given all the revived fossil pokemon, the second mewtwo which was most likely made by people who didn't know the first one existed & the 5 genesects that where not only revived but also cybernated. makes you wonder what would happen if the two mewtwos met..

well i've a theory that makes sense a clone must be missing something
    giovanni was missing his nice self and amber was missing life which is why the clone failed
    that's probably it

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I was planning a Team Rocket fan-fiction where Giovanni is double crossed by one of Team Rocket Commander who take over the organization.
    Giovanni's loyal follower brought an injured Giovanni to Delia for help .
    It turn out that Both Delia and Ash's father was a good friend of Giovanni until he drift away from them.
    Ash's Father is dead and it was the trigger that turn Giovanni into a Bad-guy.
    Ash refuse to help Giovanni but later accept his help after The New Boss of Team Rocket tries to take over Kento.
    Various character from previous anime such as Misty , Brock , Gary , Giselle , AJ , Richie etc join the fight.
    After they take down the new Boss , Ash & Giovanni has a one last battle to decide the fate of Team Rocket.
    During the Battle , Giovanni has flashback of his younger days when he had other dream , met Delia & Ash's Father , gone on crazy adventure with them.
    There will be a scene of Giovanni & Ash's father fist dumping as Ash defeat him. Giovanni realize his dear friend still exist in Ash.
    Later he is visited by the Ghost of Ash's father who tell him to move on and start a new life.
    Giovanni shut down Team Rocket and goes on journey to collect information about Ground type Pokemon while hoping to find his Son someday.
    Jessie & James become clueless about what to do now that Team Rocket gone But Mewoth remind them that Team Rocket will exist as long as they exist.
    So They decide to build their Own Team Rocket and end the episode shouting "Team Rocket Forever"

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I was planning a Team Rocket fan-fiction where Giovanni is double crossed by one of Team Rocket Commander who take over the organization.
    Giovanni's loyal follower brought an injured Giovanni to Delia for help .
    It turn out that Both Delia and Ash's father was a good friend of Giovanni until he drift away from them.
    Ash's Father is dead and it was the trigger that turn Giovanni into a Bad-guy.
    Ash refuse to help Giovanni but later accept his help after The New Boss of Team Rocket tries to take over Kento.
    Various character from previous anime such as Misty , Brock , Gary , Giselle , AJ , Richie etc join the fight.
    After they take down the new Boss , Ash & Giovanni has a one last battle to decide the fate of Team Rocket.
    During the Battle , Giovanni has flashback of his younger days when he had other dream , met Delia & Ash's Father , gone on crazy adventure with them.
    There will be a scene of Giovanni & Ash's father fist dumping as Ash defeat him. Giovanni realize his dear friend still exist in Ash.
    Later he is visited by the Ghost of Ash's father who tell him to move on and start a new life.
    Giovanni shut down Team Rocket and goes on journey to collect information about Ground type Pokemon while hoping to find his Son someday.
    Jessie & James become clueless about what to do now that Team Rocket gone But Mewoth remind them that Team Rocket will exist as long as they exist.
    So They decide to build their Own Team Rocket and end the episode shouting "Team Rocket Forever"

that's great but u r missing 1 importantthing.

ash's father and giovanni can't be friends.

giovanni is older than ash's father don't forget that he's silver's grandfather.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    - GS Ball wasn't actually forgotten. The writers were going to have a Celebi thing happen with the GS Ball but they decided that they were going to have a movie starring Celebi instead. So the idea for Celebi to appear in the anime itself was dropped and they literally had no other idea for the GS Ball so it was just... there in the end until given.

- I think that was on purpose that you don't know what exactly happened between Professor Ivy and Brock. He didn't want to talk about it for a reason.

- Ash doesn't catch Legendary Pokemon because his focus is not catching every Pokemon he sees. If a Legendary really wants to join him then perhaps but otherwise he always thinks of the Pokemon before himself. And every Legendary he meets aren't exactly legendaries that seem to want to be stuck in a Pokeball or anything.

they removed brock 4 a while wen they new pokemon was gonna be in more than japanese cuz of his eyes but later they new it was k

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    that's great but u r missing 1 importantthing.

ash's father and giovanni can't be friends.

giovanni is older than ash's father don't forget that he's silver's grandfather.

How off are you ?
    First of all , Giovanni is not Sliver's Grandfather . He is Sliver's father!
    Also , Have you seen Berry father Palmer ? He looks even older then Giovanni.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Besides Ash. I also wonder about the playable characters father's in the game. Almost all of them have no father around just their mother. With the exception of the Ruby/Sapphire games. Did all their dad's just left the family and abandon them or they all on a Pokemon journey? Never knew why they never explained the player's lack of father.

NoWun

But Giovanni is Silver's father not Ash's. Silver is the trainer you challenge in gen 2 with the red hair. Maybe Ash's either doesn't have a father or his father is the best pokemon trainer if the series ever end showing as a final episode or such. Usually all animes have ending i hope pokemon too lol. But with the pokemon the problem is that is connected with games too unlike other animes so if anime stops gaming stops and new era kids cry which will be mean lol. Or maybe Red is Ash's father because if you remember well Red has started long ago before Ash caught all 150 pokemon and moreover is alone in mountain silver but seems a bit far off. Or the worst scenario (which i don't wish because it may be bad for kids to learn if it is true) is that Satoshi Tajiri pokemon creator didn't have a father so is Ash and it's better to write unnamed father rather than no father i guess right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    How off are you ?
    First of all , Giovanni is not Sliver's Grandfather . He is Sliver's father!
    Also , Have you seen Berry father Palmer ? He looks even older then Giovanni.

what's berry father palmer?

they can't be friends giovanni is still older than him i believe ash's father's age is the same as delia or he is a little older and if you compare giovanni's age to delia he's a lot older than her

the only thing that makes sense is that ash's father lost a league and was ashamed to show his face again and delia has no idea coz she isn't rlly his mother but his mother died.

or his father is a gym leader or an E4 in another region an unknown one or may be gen 7

or may be he just left delia and ash coz he's irresponsible

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    what's berry father palmer?

they can't be friends giovanni is still older than him i believe ash's father's age is the same as delia or he is a little older and if you compare giovanni's age to delia he's a lot older than her

This is Barry and his father Palmer
    Pokemon theory number #1
Who is ash's father ._.

See , How old he looks ?
    If you think Fathers in this Anime happen to be young 20 year old man then you are way wrong !
    Silver is same aged as Ash and he is canonize to be Giovanni's son-
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Silver_(game)
    Also , Woman in Anime look younger then their husband! Just because Delia is young doesn't mean her Husband is young too.
    As far as I know , Ash's father could be 40 year old man .

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I don't know who Ash's father is, but he definitely can't be Giovanni. Giovanni doesn't even recognize Ash as being his son in the Japanese version of Mewtwo Returns. And besides, if Pocket Monsters: The Animation is anything to go by, Ash's dad and grandpa are deadbeats because they failed in their journey, and Giovanni based on his effective running of Team Rocket as well as being implied to be extremely skilled for a gym leader (which that book considered bottom-feeders to such an extent that not even Kanto was able to pin them as, to say little about AG onward) is certainly no deadbeat.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't know who Ash's father is, but he definitely can't be Giovanni. Giovanni doesn't even recognize Ash as being his son in the Japanese version of Mewtwo Returns. And besides, if Pocket Monsters: The Animation is anything to go by, Ash's dad and grandpa are deadbeats because they failed in their journey, and Giovanni based on his effective running of Team Rocket as well as being implied to be extremely skilled for a gym leader (which that book considered bottom-feeders to such an extent that not even Kanto was able to pin them as, to say little about AG onward) is certainly no deadbeat.
    meanwhile, according to storyboard artist masamitsu hidaka in his interview with pokebeach's webmaster

Pokemon theory number #1
Who is ash's father ._.

Years
  • I see it 2 ways and it will never be confirmed or denied until we get the creators to do it.
    I am a believer in the Great War prior to Ash's journey so assuming that that took place the following could be true.
    1. Giovanni is Ash's father. Prior to creating Team Rocket and the beginning of the war, Giovanni met Delia and started a romance. Giovanni is an officer of some sort and becomes corrupt with power and greed and attracts a lot of young recruits (early Team Rocket members) who would rather fill their pockets than fight the war to help him. His acts of corruption are more along misappropriating supplies and using Pokemon for intimidation. Months before the end of the war, Giovanni returns to Pallet to visit Delia, some "stuff" happens, he confesses to his crime, and Delia gets so mad that she breaks it off and she vows to never speak again. The war ends and Giovanni and his recruits are stuck with no way to make money. Giovanni takes all his members and creates a gym in Viridian City, which just so happens to be a short bike ride to Pallet *wink*. The gym is not lucrative enough for him so he creates the official Team Rocket and has them steal Pokemon and valuables to fund his greedy empire. Meanwhile, Delia gives birth to Ash and tells him very little of his father, probably just along the lines that he was in the war and a Pokemon trainer.
    2. A little anticlimatic. Ash's father was one of the best Pokemon trainers in Kanto prior to the war. Near the end of the war, he sacrifices himself and his Pokemon to end the war. He is successful.

Why is Ash's dad doing such important things in both scenarios? Because if Ash's dad was just some nobody prior to Ash, then we would all be disappointed. Plus both stories have a way of promoting Ash's will to be a Pokemon Master.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Well, yeah, but that novelization also made clear who Ash's father is.

And as far as Giovanni, again, he didn't even recognize Ash when they encountered each other face to face, twice. If he were Ash's dad, he would have given some recognition.

And as far as the other guy below shadowmoon, Giovanni never founded Team Rocket. He inherited it from his mother. I'm serious, listen to the Mewtwo's Birth radio dramas.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, yeah, but that novelization also made clear who Ash's father is.

And as far as Giovanni, again, he didn't even recognize Ash when they encountered each other face to face, twice. If he were Ash's dad, he would have given some recognition.

And as far as the other guy below shadowmoon, Giovanni never founded Team Rocket. He inherited it from his mother. I'm serious, listen to the Mewtwo's Birth radio dramas.
    if anyone is interested in the radio dramas, click the link below this sentence
    Pokemon theory number #1
Who is ash's father ._.

Back