• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Thunder Yellow

Should Pikachu follow the player?

• Yes

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
  • Pokemon Thunder Yellow
    Introduction

You are a pokemon trainer called Ash and you just turn 10 so now you are old enough to have your own pokemon. So when you go to get your pokemon Prof.Oak isn't there anymore but your rival Gary is. He tells you he hasn't seen the Prof.Oak so you go into the wild grass and there is the Professor. He tells you to come to his lab because he has a pokemon for you. So you go to his lab and he lets you pick your pokemon Pikachu becuase your rival Gary got his before you did. You and your Pikachu now have to go on an adventure to become the best pokemon trainer in the Kanto Region.
    Hack of:
    Pokemon Thunder Yellow

Sidenote

Do not say I stole this hack from anyone, because I did research and everyone who has made this hack abandoned it :)

Features

• All starters and legendaries will be obtainable
    • Johto and Hoenn Region pokemon will be available
    • Trainers will be stronger
    • More Team Rocket events
    Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Videos
    Spoiler:

Team

PokemonBroski - Everything
    marzox184 - BETA Tester
    I really need people that can do the following:
    OW's
    Spriting
    Advanced Scripting
    PM me with proof if you can do any of this for me
    Thanks

Progression

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 = 10%

1- Script Pallet Town
    2- Change Route 1
    3- Script Viridian City
    4- Re-Map Viridian Forest
    5- Change Pokemon Trainers in Virdian Forest
    6- Change Wild Pokemon in all routes all the way up to Pewter City
    7- Script Pewter City
    8- Change Brock's Pokemon
    9- Script Mt.Moon
    10- Change Events in Mt.Moon

Status
    Making edits in Viridian Forest because there is alot of bugs in it I'm trying to fix. Anyways changed brocks pokemon levels and adding more harder trainers in Viridian Forest and more pokemon.- Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:44 PM

Credit
    worldslayer608 - Banners

Website
    https://www.freewebs.com/Mafiaboy9 -Here is the official Pokemon Thunder Yellow Website

Banners

Pokemon Thunder Yellow
    HTML:
    [font=Arial Black][size=1][color=DarkSlateGray]I Support[/color][/size][/font]

[url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=171481"[IMG]https://i41.tinypic.com/9pq6xe.gif[/IMG] [/url]

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • o.O another yellow remake attempt? I might be willing to help with maps :). You can find a sample by clicking on my userbar and scrolling down :)

*edit*

never mind looks like you don't need help or don't want it. But don't hesitate to ask if you do.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • o.O another yellow remake attempt? I might be willing to help with maps :). You can find a sample by clicking on my userbar and scrolling down :)

*edit*

never mind looks like you don't need help or don't want it. But don't hesitate to ask if you do.

Actually I don't need a mapper right now, but I would put your credit on this thread if I do need any help because I can't do everything on my own otherwise that would be to much
    If I need a map(I'm not that good yet) I'll ask you :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Alright just let me know :)

Also I will photoshop you some banners :) and add one to my siggy.

EDIT

Here is one user bar for you, let me know if you want anything changed.

I Support
    Pokemon Thunder Yellow

HTML:
    [IMG]https://i41.tinypic.com/9pq6xe.gif[/IMG]

I will get you a couple more as well :)

Last edited:

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Alright just let me know :)

Also I will photoshop you some banners :) and add one to my siggy.

EDIT

Here is one user bar for you, let me know if you want anything changed.

I Support
    Pokemon Thunder Yellow

HTML:
    [IMG]https://i41.tinypic.com/9pq6xe.gif[/IMG]
    I will get you a couple more as well :)

Thanks alot for the banner
    I put your credit on my page
    I actually might need your help with mapping

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • No problem :) I will work on a couple more for you later, I can also make you some image headers so your formatting on your first post is a bit more... appealing haha.

If you have MSN/yahoo you should add me, might make mapping a bit easier.

[email protected]

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I can't really help but I hope you keep with it. If you really need someone to do a couple sprites (which isn't likely because a lot of people can sprite) just pm me.

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
  • I'll be your beta tester!
    I love testing games!And I'd love to play this game because the only reason I didn't play the original yellow was because of the bad graphics and bugging music. So yeah, could I be your beta tester?

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Thanks for Posting

Like I said in a visitor mesage, I will help in anything but scripting (I suck at it) and spriting.

Thanks I can use all the help I get but the hack is being delayed(read the thread for more details)
    Anyways I will PM you if I need any help

I can't really help but I hope you keep with it. If you really need someone to do a couple sprites (which isn't likely because a lot of people can sprite) just pm me.

I need some sprites so it would help alot because after the hack is complete I might want to add johto if I can and I would want some gym leader sprites
    Thanks I'll PM you if I need any help

I'll be your beta tester!
    I love testing games!And I'd love to play this game because the only reason I didn't play the original yellow was because of the bad graphics and bugging music. So yeah, could I be your beta tester?

Yeah you can BETA Test for me, just post here when you find bugs in the game and things like that
    but like I told hazzamon the hack is being currently being delayed so I'll PM you when I need you :)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    i have one thing to say about your poll

getting a pickachu to follow you is impossibe!!!!!!!!!
    it's like trying to put planet inside a shoe

but if you are able to do that you will be the world's best hacker!

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
  • i have one thing to say about your poll

I was thinking that the overworld sprites could be altered for that, but I forgot about the beginning when you have NO Pokemon at all, or when Pikachu is fainted or is in the box.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I would just script some scripts to have pikachu come out during certain times, like when you have to go talk to the professor for something. That could be done easily :)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Wait,wait.Are you telling us that you're going to do it all alone?This is going to be hard,but don't give up,like the others did*.

*i think that one reason for giving up is that they could't make the script of a following pikachu!

I'm not braging about it,but i've make it.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Om3ga told me he had one made, but it only worked on one map, and it was VERY buggy. I think it could be done overall but it sounds like the quality will be shot with the script. I would stick to having Pikachu just pop out during events, like when you talk to oak, have Pikachu pop out, walk around and emote or something whilst oak and the player just look at him.

cloudffvii2696

hmmm...What should I put here?
    Years
  • lol, about a year ago, i started making a yellow remake w/ the same name.

if you want, i can give you my title screen and a few maps
    and I'm more than willing to help once I get back into the swing of things in terms of hacking

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • i have one thing to say about your poll

I have actually found a script to make Pikachu follow me but it is very buggy. So I think I might use WorldSlayer's idea and make Pikachu come out at certain times
    I might later on try to find/make a script that doesn't make the game have so many bugs in it. But thats later if I even finish the hack(which will hopefully happen soon)

I was thinking that the overworld sprites could be altered for that, but I forgot about the beginning when you have NO Pokemon at all, or when Pikachu is fainted or is in the box.

Yes that would be a pretty hard script to make but I believe in yellow even though Pikachu was fainted he still followed you but I don't quite remember. And another thing that would be hard to do is the Jigglypuff singing causing Pikachu to fall asleep and the happiness meter when Pikachu looks at you. So it may be pretty hard to do but its worth a shot.

I would just script some scripts to have pikachu come out during certain times, like when you have to go talk to the professor for something. That could be done easily :)

I might use your idea for this but I'll have to figure the scripting fort it

Wait,wait.Are you telling us that you're going to do it all alone?This is going to be hard,but don't give up,like the others did*.

*i think that one reason for giving up is that they could't make the script of a following pikachu!

I'm not braging about it,but i've make it.

did the script cause bugs like the other ones i found??
    If not could I use your script I'll credit you on my page?

lol, about a year ago, i started making a yellow remake w/ the same name.

if you want, i can give you my title screen and a few maps
    and I'm more than willing to help once I get back into the swing of things in terms of hacking

It would be nice if I could have your title screen :)
    I'm to lazy to start to make one of my own yet.

*MESSAGE*

Thanks everyone for posting
    Keep it up.
    I like the ideas that everyone is giving me

Back