• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tilko Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
  • Hey every one.

==Intro==
    Just in case you were wondering I didn't go anywhere but to put a long story short my previous game Call Of Latios is no more. I've lost all the data I had for it. In my relentless efforts to create a finished game I've started this game. As you may or may not remember Tilko is the name of the region from COL. While I am using the name all the maps will be re-designed.
    This is being made in Sphere.

==Storyline==
    At the moment I'm just sticking with the good old battle eight gym leaders and elite four.
    Of course the will be side quests and other things in the game to make it more interesting.

==Features==
    It will have some of the features of COL plus some new ones.

Dual Screen:
    This is a new feature inspired by Diamond/Pearl which I haven't seen implemented in a fan game yet so I thought I'll give it a go. See the screens below for more.

Custom graphics:
    The game will include custom graphics. I have a few done my self but as I'm not a very good artist I will need help with this, including tiles, sprites and a title screen. P.M me if interested.

Replicated Battle System:
    This game will have a battle system that not only looks like the battle system in the games but also it will work like the games.(it will have I.V, E.V points etc)

Real-time:
    There will be a clock in the game which will affect certain events in the game and determine when certain things happen.

Reputation system:
    You start out as a novice and the more trainers you beat the higher your reputation gets so if you beat a trainer with a good reputation like a gym leader then your reputation will increase more than it would if you just battled a normal trainer.
    If you get a really high reputation you will be able to catch legendary Pokemon.

All Pokemon available:
    Every single Pokemon from the previous games will be available in this game.
    You might not specifically be able to catch them all but you can get them.
    Like you might have to do certain tasks to get some Pokemon.
    If I can get enough info on the D/P Pokemon I will include them

Forfeit mode:
    In battle you will now have the opportunity to select whether you want to battle for an item or money.
    If you pick an item a bag menu with your opponents items in will be shown and you can select which to battle for.

==Screens==

=======================================================================
    Well that's all for now, I'll keep you posted with screens and updates.
    Would love to hear comments and questions.

Years
  • Looking great, Booda! By the way, sorry you lost the data for C.o.L. Well, you win a little, you lose a lot. Anyway, maybe you could add a Poketch-type thing, but still make the menu touch-screen-based (Instead of the Poketch taking up the bottom screen the entire time, make it an option in the main menu).

Continue the awesome work Booda!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thats great to see a game from you Booda. I aint really disapointed to see CoL go..... because...... now that you have restarted, your code is from scratch- meaning its all your latest work...meaning a better game.

Love the "dual" screen idea. Nice touch and will be great to see where you go with it as time goes on. Good luck with this one.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • It's me Pyro from Acanthite, anyways, like I said, sorry about CoL, but wow man, this new game is looking awesome! I love the forfeit mode! It sounds so wicked. And I love the idea of the duel-screen :D Oh and I'd be more than happy to do some custom tiles for you if you want :P

Guzv4

Stronger than ever!
    Years
  • I like the idea about the Dual screen... That will make this game difrent and better than other fan made Pokemon games. You should put the same things in the down (touch) screen as in the D/P games, like the intro movie, choices in the battle system, etc...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    nice game, im like the dual screen stuff, also i see that you are using the same region name as you did in CoL is that because you couldn't think of another name or because your setting it in the same region

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments everyone.
    No I'm just using the same region name because I like it. The maps will be different.
    Just to let you know the menu screen might look a bit bare at the moment but this is before you get a pokedex or pokemon.

@Pyro that would be cool cheers, just pm me anything you want to give me and i'll see what i can do with it.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post but I have an update.
    Got the item menu coding done this morning, just have to add in the all the items.

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • Glad you stuck with the GBA sprites. I thought the D/P tilesets were gross. Sorry to hear about COL. I'm sure this game will be just as great. Best of luck to you, splendid screenshots thus far my friend....

~Sion

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • I agree about the x2 thing, it will change it right now.
    It is just the bottom screen that is mouse sensitive.
    Thanks for the comments.

Years
  • Jeah Booda..The Game is super..But can you put in some other Charas?? The Caras of FR/LG are realy ugly..

Sorry for loosing the C.o.L. Data..

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Just in case you were wondering I didn't go anywhere but to put a long story short my previous game Call Of Latios is no more. I've lost all the data I had for it.
    How exactly do you lose all the data on a project you had "worked on" for more than three years? You'd have at least a couple of back ups in case something went wrong with the project you were working on.

And what about all the people that donated money to you on the promise that they'd get C.O.L in whatever stage it is, should you not finish? Are you going to give them their money back since you can't give them that, or are you just gonna set them all be swindled?

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • If I do remember correctly, he has been asking for people not to ask about CoL as it is now gone..

Booda Sack said:
    I would rather people didn't ask questions about COL, it's gone, lets just focus on the new game.

And I'm pretty sure he couldn't give them CoL in the state it was in since he lost the data. Its not like he was planning on losing it in a hard drive crash or something. He also stated that he lost all previous data of CoL, so I'm pretty sure Booda has something planned for the donators...

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • I do have a back up of col but it's about a year old and I had actually completely re-written the battle system since that back up. I'd rather just start from scratch and make the game more organised. Yes I do have something planned for the people who donated. They will get everything with this game that they would have got with col.

About the fr/lg characters, if someone wants to design some nicer looking characters i'd be more than happy to check 'em out.

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
  • The characters look fine as are. Some more custom made ones wouldn't hurt though. I'm not really upset, as long as Booda releases his game PERIOD I'm satisfied. I'ma little dissapointed with the new Poke'mon Titles. I've got an unadulterated want for this. It'll be great.

~Sion

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I do have a back up of col but it's about a year old and I had actually completely re-written the battle system since that back up.
    So what? You said you'd release the game in whatever form it was in. So why can't you release that copy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back