• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokemon Tin

ribbits

ribbit
Years
  • Pokemon Tin

Welcome to the Kanber Region! Learn it's history and make your say for the future.

Pokémon Tin is a game being built in Pokémon Essentials with the intention to build upon and expand on the existing Pokémon formula.

Setting and Story

Pokémon Tin takes place in the Kanber Region.
    Pokemon Tin

Kanber has been going through a period of mass economic growth over the past 15 years. Cities are expanding and the population is growing. This region is open for the player to explore at their leisure, helping the people and Pokémon that inhabit it.

You play as a resident of Banksia Shire. These past few years you have been helping Professor Wattle, a local Pokémon Researcher. Upon her request, you have been asked to take some time to see Kanber further than the surrounding routes of your home town. See what the region has to offer, and make a name for yourself. The Kanber Gym Circuit is the official battle competition of the Region. This Gym Circuit consists of 8 gyms and a Pokémon League similar to many other regions around the world. The largest distinction within Kanber's Gym Circuit is the fact that the region's regulated battle format is Double Battles. Every regulated battle in Kanber will utilise Double Battle rules, and you're expected to as well!

Recruitment
    • Composers - Would love for Tin to include it's own soundtrack. Looking for composers who have experience with creating Pokémon style music and sounds, specifically in Gen 4 style.
    • Scripters - There are mechanics within Tin that could be seriously improved and built upon by someone with scripting knowledge.
    • Sprite & Tile Artists - Unique locations and memorable moments! These are the sorta things I am intending to show with the maps and characters within Tin. Custom tiles and sprites can help to further enrich this charm.
    • UI Artists - A UI that accounts for gameplay changes implemented into Tin would just be so lovely.

Images and Features
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Further Info
    Thanks for taking the time to read through and I hope you have some form of interest in Tin!
    If you are interested in joining the team please send me a message on discord @ ribbit#2601​

ribbits

ribbit
    Years
  • Hey! A small update from the Kanber Region!

Pokemon Tin

Shiftry and Ludicolo are two of the Pokémon who have adapted to their local environments within Kanber, adapting new type combinations too! I wonder if any other Pokémon have gone through similar changes...

For more consistent updates and insight into the games development, feel free to join our Discord: https://discord.gg/Gh4253mG3t

ribbits

ribbit
    Years
  • You might call this one a bit of a bump. I'm back with some more things to share!

Pokemon Tin

Kanber mythology mentions that the Hoothoot and Noctowl here seem to observe the world at a different pace to most Pokémon. I wonder what they are watching?

ribbits

ribbit
    Years
  • Hey! Hello! More Pokémon keep getting found in Kanber! This one just took a little while because I went to Sinnoh for a brilliant holiday.
    Pokemon Tin

Smeargle never loses it's passion for painting, but it certainly adapts for the faster pace of living around Grevillea City. Be warned though! The paint fumes are toxic.

Back