• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Titles on 3DS eShop?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    So, I've heard some people who think GF will release the Gen I games on the 3DS eShop with added PokeTransporter connectivity. I, personally think, that maybe instead of Gen III remakes, we'll get them ports with added connectivity. Do you think we'll get any of these? Perhaps some spinoffs on the eShop?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • It would be really amazing if the Pokemon games were rereleased onto the eshop, and Nintendo/GF would roll in some serious money. It's quite sad that it hasn't happened yet, but it will....... eventually........

I don't know if they would do Poketransport-ability in the game. I'm not really sure how it works but I feel like as far as they're concerned we already have RSE/FRLG and every game after that to collect and transport them. It would be cool though :)

Years
  • As much as I love Pokemon X/Y, it just really makes me wish GF would release the Gen 1 games (meaning the original R/B/Y as opposed to the FR/LG remakes) so I can see the jump in progress from sprites to 3d models. Plus I'm a total sucker for anything nostalgic, so there's also that.
    I don't think it's likely though, unless they find some way to tweak it so trading is possible.

But who knows? If nothing else, it's a fun thing to think about when you're laying in bed unable to sleep for hours during the night.
    Not that I do that, of course.

Vairan

Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue
    Years
  • I'd love the chance to download all the old games. I mean yeah i could go the ROM Route but meh i'd rather pay for things i like.

Years
  • This would be wonderful. It would give younger people a chance to play the old generations and receive a reward in their latest version for it, as they could get those lovely Pokemon. As for Nintendo and Game Freak, letting people take in so many Pokemon from so many versions, some of which would be useful (at least as an addition to the Pokedex) and some of which would just have sentimental value, would certainly be a nice way to get people to pay for the Bank.

In regards to what games to include, I would say having Red, Blue and Yellow would be great. For Japan, it would be Red, Green and Yellow, so maybe adding in the old Blue for them would work out, then doing the same for the U.S. and naming it Green (with an explanation on the shop as to what it is. After Gen 1, the Generations are pretty easy for what to include. I'd skip the remakes, personally. Maybe something can be done so that our Pokewalkers are useful? I didn't put much thought into that though.

I wouldn't mind seeing our dear friends in spin-off series too. Specifically Coliseum, XD, and the Stadium games. Those could go on the Wii U and transfer into the Bank maybe? I don't know how possible that is.

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • I'd love the chance to download all the old games. I mean yeah i could go the ROM Route but meh i'd rather pay for things i like.

Spoiler:

Personally, I'd be curious to see how they'll go about type chart differences and patching all of the Gen. 1 glitches.

Back