• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Topaz new project!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Hmmm...from what the game looks like, I can see that you're new at game developing. RMXP is (I would say) the most straight forward program when it comes to mapping, so your maps still need some work and can be improved. My only big problems with this game are that: 1st - The game window is too big, and 2nd - I do not like the battle interface at all. May I suggest using proper Pokemon style battle interface. Poccil made a great starter kit for all those that are struggling and there are very nice scripts for the battle interface, and with a bit of knowledge it can be edited and made more unique.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Poccil made a great starter kit for all those that are struggeling and there are very nice scripts for the battle interface, and with a bit of knowledge it can be edited and made more unique.

If you are having trouble finding that @World, it's because the Starter kit has been dubbed Pokemon Essentials.
    The thread can be found HERE. You should check it out. It lays out most of the ground work for you and provides helpful notes for you to improve it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    My only big problems with this game are that: 1st - The game window is too big...
    As a matter of curiosity, can you expand on this statement? Do you not like the large dimensions, or the fact that the player character (and thus the rest of the environment) individually take up only a small space (resulting in being able to see a whole lot of tiles in a screen)?

And why is this a bad thing?

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    We know about the starter kit, but we were trying to avoid pre made things, but for the games sake we will try the coustum battle system at least, as for the window size we already had split comments earlier so please decide: bigg or small. We have recived the complete platinum sprites pack from one of your users so we will use them (official artwork for the legendary pokemon remains).
    Keep up witth your commnets since it's the only way to improve the game. We will let you know when we fix the things you don't like.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    A big screen is perfectly fine, so long as the maps are designed to look good with them. You know, paths that lead to dead ends just off-screen, that kind of thing. Not too cluttered, not too plain.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Info after transition

OK we started using the starterkit (Pochil's, credit goes to him), it does make life somwhat easier. Now to the update:
    About Team Omega: These thieves came from another region into Aramez in order to get hold of the Legendary pokemon to create a new human kind for their King and Queen.
    Here some more screenshots(with starterkit):

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
    I'm pretty sure Ficat's back sprite is supposed to be a front sprite and your maps are to plain
    and if you look closely the flower tile's grass is a different shade.
    P.S Where's my credit anyway?
    (The email I sent you)

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    !.!

Don't worry we sent the sprites for fixing to PalGirl, she will get it done in a week, so you'll see the results then, the shade is diferent because of the day of time, not all tiles are being colored properly, but we will try to somehow fix it, don't worry we always give credit, we will ad you in the credits, on our site and thank ypu for the help Darkarceus, we expect some more sugestions from you.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
    Thanks and my name is darkerarceus and would you like a link to your site in my site and a link to my site in your site?I have a couple of suggestions and I will mail them to you soon.
    Now of to paly AQworlds with goldenpalkia!

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    It'll be uor pleasure, we will update the site on Sathurday so expect to see your link then (or earlier if I manange to contact Jasmine), sorry for the typing error, we do know your name, please feel free to ask, sugest or comment anything, your help is welcome.
    The sprites will be done soon so expect new images in a few days.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    I don't think that it is worth mentioning that my english is not wrong. If you don't know english well, for any reason that may be, make some effort to atleast have good english in the game.
    And it doesn't matter what my english is like, it gives you no excuse to make a disgusting game. After all I am only helping you out. If you don't want it, then meh be as you will.
    I would still say that your sprites are nowhere near good, they are more like toddler doodles. And after looking at your blog, your mapping is really bad and the style is totally not like Pokemon.
    As I said IMO, this will go away soon. And BTW, you can't threaten PC anyway, since the traffic from PC is going to your site, not from your site to PC.

EDIT: I forgot what really ticks me off about this project, what makes you think that people would be interested in AR codes anyway? Do we want our games to not remain legit anymore? Or do you think that we already don't know the AR codes anyway? Make your prizes worth more that just that. If you really want, trade good Pokemon with them on the GTS.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Oh

You obviusly don't like the game, then why try to help?
    But you can comment, or whatever you like...we won't tell you not to, and helping isn't just saying: that is bad, that too, that... You could sy what you like (so we can know to improve it). Don't worry about our project beeing shut down (we are here since last year). YOu could try to read the posts more detailed, then you would notice that the blog info is way before we made changes with the essential kit. Or you could find out that Palgirl is redoing the sprites, pictures of new ones have never been poste so how do you know they are bad, the one you saw are beeing used since last year...
    We don't threaten PC (we like very much so far), it was just a notification, anyway we are advertising on dozens of forums, and sites, so we are helping PC as well (we include links to PC). If you don't like the maping show us how you would do it, send us your masterpiece on our mail.
    Anyway here is a screenshot of our new TV sytem, like in D&P&P it features commercilas, shows, weather forcast etc.
    PS. WE have new members that are overlooking the grammar (in the game). One has a english grammar diploma ;P

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    You obviusly don't like the game, then why try to help?
    But you can comment, or whatever you like...we won't tell you not to, and helping isn't just saying: that is bad, that too, that... You could sy what you like (so we can know to improve it). Don't worry about our project beeing shut down (we are here since last year). YOu could try to read the posts more detailed, then you would notice that the blog info is way before we made changes with the essential kit. Or you could find out that Palgirl is redoing the sprites, pictures of new ones have never been poste so how do you know they are bad, the one you saw are beeing used since last year...
    We don't threaten PC (we like very much so far), it was just a notification, anyway we are advertising on dozens of forums, and sites, so we are helping PC as well (we include links to PC). If you don't like the maping show us how you would do it, send us your masterpiece on our mail.
    Anyway here is a screenshot of our new TV sytem, like in D&P&P it features commercilas, shows, weather forcast etc.
    PS. WE have new members that are overlooking the grammar (in the game). One has a english grammar diploma ;P
    I gave you what is called criticism (check the definition, or ask your members with the diploma), and since you are not interested in it, nor am I. So let's just forget that I ever came here, since you could do without anybody helping you out and call it ranting.

Go on I won't comment, but I'd still laugh at this when it comes out, if it does that is which is not likely.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Thank you sinecerely, we are working on improving t. Thanks to PC the community has realy grown. Some have offered to make a maga, so we accepted. The Topaz Saga is the title, the manga will be drawn by AzureKat. :)
    Ok now to the new stuff Topaz status report:
    30% of the sprites are redone
    added new NPC events
    made a better intro
    We will post new screenshots in a day or two, please feel free to comment or whatever you want.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Show

Sorry for duble posting, but here are some screenshots about the battle system platinum style costumization, and new in game weather photo, it shows rute 303 on which it always rains.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years

I would have downloaded it but @World emailed me it.

I think the game has improved HEAPS from when it started off.
    @World I'll try to find some platinium boxes and wille mail them to you k?

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Yeah a few have gotten their example by e-mail. We have the platinum boxes, but you can send them since this aren't a perfect replica.
    The screen shots are here, the 1st shows the Fistbale Cubon Game, a fun game in which you catch Cubons for rewards. there is also the platinum styled boxes shot we have, and the rest are rutes.
    Have fun.

Back