• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tower Defense?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    Heyy everyone :]

Are any of you interested in Tower Defense games? I'm interested in making a Pokemon Tower Defense because I've never seen one online before.

Is there anyone who would like to collaborate with me? :]

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Now thats what I call innovation (Not really, since there are tons of Tower Defense clones...) but more innovational than the most of this community... But sorry no can help

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    sounds cool, i wanna help, but if you need a scripter i cant help

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    How are you going to develop it in? I suggest flash, its the most common form of tower defense games. People are not going to download a tower defense game unless its full on like the Monsters game for PS3 or the Savage Moon for the ps3... I suggest that you make distribute it to major Flash game sites like Addicting games

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I for one would be intrested how a Pokémon Defence Game would turn out to be :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    How are you going to develop it in? I suggest flash, its the most common form of tower defense games. People are not going to download a tower defense game unless its full on like the Monsters game for PS3 or the Savage Moon for the ps3... I suggest that you make distribute it to major Flash game sites like Addicting games

Yes, I'll be building the game in flash. I can do most of the art work but I would need lots of help with coding. I have some background in AS3 but I don't think it'll be enough to build this game. If anyone would like to help with graphics and/or storyline that would be great too!

I'm glad to hear there are some of you who are interested :]. I'm going to put together a little flash mockup of the game play later this week.

So before I get into more detail, this game isn't going to be played like a traditional tower defense. There will be a main character and you follow him through obstacles, somewhat similar to traditional Pokemon games and then mix it with the tower defense aspect.

I'm sorry if you don't get the whole image of the game. Hopefully after the mockup things will become more clear.

Storyline (rough idea)
    Player is a pokemon trainer who comes back to his small home town and finds out that an epidemic has gone around that have made all of the towns people sick. You seek the elders for guidance and tell you that the only cure is from the tears of a pokemon which lives high in the mountains East of the town. As you journey out to collect the tears, you face tough obstacles.

Game Play
    You start with 3 pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle) which act as towers. As you defeat enemies you gain XP which can be used to evolve and/or level up stats. Each Pokemon specializes in an attack when you evolve the pokemon it's attach changes. i.e. Bulbasaur attacks with vine whip which attacks at medium range. When evolved into Ivysaur it's attack now becomes leach seed which is a slash attack that takes away life for a short period of time.

Those are some basic ideas of the game.

I'll be glad to hear any of your ideas or suggestions! :]

Here are some TD games I enjoy

Gemcraft Chapter Zero
    Bloon Tower Defense 4
    Onslaught 2

Back