• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

What do you enjoy most about this demo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Dark Tyranitar you say? 🤔

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know if you already know about these things, I am just posting them to make sure. These are some annoying bugs/crashes.

1. To me it seems like the game in general can't handle if you stand in the way of NPC characters when they go away. They have one predetermined route to leave, and if you are there the game just freezes and there is nothing you can do. I don't know if these 2 are the only characters in the game right now that leave their position after you talk to them. So, the first one is the scientist who gives you the running shoes and steps out of the way so you can go to the teleporter after you get your starter pokemon. If you talk to him from above or from the right there is no problem, he goes down and you can go to the teleporter. But if you talk to him from below the scientist the game just freezes, as it wants to go down but it can't because you are there. Same goes for Surge when you enter Vermillion city. He leaves by going down, so you can't talk to him from below or the game freezes again.

2. Also, for some reason if you start a new game while you already have another save file the screen resolution of the intro is just bad. It just shows a small cut off picture of the original.

3. If you soft reset the game (by pressing F12) the game will sooner or later just crash. Sometimes it happens immediately, like you press continue, the game loads and crashes, sometimes you can do stuff before it happens. (like walk a bit or a lot, or you can even complete a battle. I guess it crashes when you reach something specific like maybe a city I can't exactly figure it out)
    The crash error message is this: "Script 'Overworld_Random_Encounters line 790: SystemStackError occured. Stack level too deep." (Sometimes the number is like 785, and I have seen other messages that I can't reproduce right now, but all of them are similar to this, related to the overworld encounters.)

4. I am not there yet in my second playthrough of the game, but if I recall correctly the game crashes if you try to go from route 8 to Saffron city, (as opposed to just the guard stopping you from going to Saffron city like they normally do.) If you fixed this in version 0.40 then just ignore this. Also I have a spoiler question regarding the story, which is one of the main reasons why I restarted the game after reaching the end of it and have to wait for the update which brings the promotion.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know if you already know about these things, I am just posting them to make sure. These are some annoying bugs/crashes.

1. To me it seems like the game in general can't handle if you stand in the way of NPC characters when they go away. They have one predetermined route to leave, and if you are there the game just freezes and there is nothing you can do. I don't know if these 2 are the only characters in the game right now that leave their position after you talk to them. So, the first one is the scientist who gives you the running shoes and steps out of the way so you can go to the teleporter after you get your starter pokemon. If you talk to him from above or from the right there is no problem, he goes down and you can go to the teleporter. But if you talk to him from below the scientist the game just freezes, as it wants to go down but it can't because you are there. Same goes for Surge when you enter Vermillion city. He leaves by going down, so you can't talk to him from below or the game freezes again.

2. Also, for some reason if you start a new game while you already have another save file the screen resolution of the intro is just bad. It just shows a small cut off picture of the original.

3. If you soft reset the game (by pressing F12) the game will sooner or later just crash. Sometimes it happens immediately, like you press continue, the game loads and crashes, sometimes you can do stuff before it happens. (like walk a bit or a lot, or you can even complete a battle. I guess it crashes when you reach something specific like maybe a city I can't exactly figure it out)
    The crash error message is this: "Script 'Overworld_Random_Encounters line 790: SystemStackError occured. Stack level too deep." (Sometimes the number is like 785, and I have seen other messages that I can't reproduce right now, but all of them are similar to this, related to the overworld encounters.)

4. I am not there yet in my second playthrough of the game, but if I recall correctly the game crashes if you try to go from route 8 to Saffron city, (as opposed to just the guard stopping you from going to Saffron city like they normally do.) If you fixed this in version 0.40 then just ignore this. Also I have a spoiler question regarding the story, which is one of the main reasons why I restarted the game after reaching the end of it and have to wait for the update which brings the promotion.

Spoiler:
    I hugely appreciate this write up! I'll see what I can do to fix those things :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • I had already fixed the saffron glitch I'm currently just implementing a few more things and the next patch will be out :) depending on how much time I have to work on it it will have at minimum one more gym possibly two more. Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend so the update probably will come in on Monday or Tuesday.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, so I have found a potential bug, and a spoiler dialogue inconsistency of a scientist in the Lavender base.

1. Can't heal in the pokemon tower in the purified zone, simply nothing happens. Is that intentional?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's supposed to be intentional, as the purified zones are still being created by the chancellor.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just want to make sure you didn't miss it because you only mentioned the dialogue of the Scientist, and also because I edited my comment later so maybe it wasn't there when you first read it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I just want to make sure you didn't miss it because you only mentioned the dialogue of the Scientist, and also because I edited my comment later so maybe it wasn't there when you first read it.

Spoiler:

Got it, TYSVM Pancake ♥️

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, so I have finished the beta version of the next update, here are the problems/bugs I found.

Continuity error, and I guess I should write it as a spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The game crashes when you want to pick up TM104 in the safari zone, same with the gold teeth. (I know the items because the crash shows the name of the item, but it crashes just when you press space to pick them up.)
    Pokemon - TR Edition (16+) [V0.4] - Updated!

Also, when you are using running shoes the game shows the old sprite of your character, not the admin sprite. It shows the admin sprite with just normally walking though.

Also other things which I guess they are not really bugs, it's more like they are just not done yet but I will mention it just in case.
    In Saffron city, you can go to the fighting dojo, but the game crashes when you encounter a trainer. Also, you can go to route 15 right, you can just leave in the space next to the 3 officers, but again, if you encounter a trainer the game crashes with some kind of can't find trainer error message. So, you shouldn't be able to go to places that are not done yet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Agree! I'll fix the dojo, that's supposed to be finished. I'll check the police line in route 18 :) I'll also fix that error with infinite haha, I'll add somewhere that you waited it out a few months, as that was the idea :) I'll figure out what I can do about the running animation.

Years
  • Still removing a few bugs and doing a bit of polishing before publicly releasing the next update. Feel free to download the current version and play until the fourth gym tho!

Back