• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Training Help

Years
  • So I usually don't EV or IV train any of my pokemon. So i'm looking for some help on the topics.

If I have a lvl 41 pokemon is there any way to check the EV's that pokemon has gathered? And also Check its IV's?

I have been training the pokemon already without any EV focus, so I was hoping to be able to calculate the EV's that it has In order to be able to tell if it has been maxed out already or not.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Assuming the Pokémon isn't freshly caught (as in, you caught it around level 30-something and leveled it up to 41), unless you kept track of the mobs you killed with it, there's no way to check the EVs without the aid of something like Pokesav. You can tell if they've been maxed out by going to the woman in Sunyshore City (assuming you're using DPPt) who will give you a ribbon if you have all 510 EVs.
    If you don't know, your best bet is to use a bunch of the EV-reducing berries to reduce them all to 0 and start over from there.

You can check its IVs with an IV calculator, and it's preferable to do an IV battle to get its stats (you do a level 100 battle with somebody over Wi-Fi and copy the Pokémon's stats, then put them into an IV calculator).

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Most (if not all) IV calculators require you to know your Pokémon's EVs and stats at level 50 or higher to get an accurate reading. You'll end up getting your most accurate reading (from a calculator) by knowing all of the EVs it's gained and it's fully evolved, level 100 stats.

Back