• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Transformation [T]

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
  • The ocean waves gently kissed the shore, with every one soaking Felix's fur even more. He didn't care though, as every wave allowed him a brief glimpse of what he had become. Just long enough so he didn't go into shock looking at his new body.

And this was, in fact, his body.

The band-aid on his nose, the exact same one he had when he was human, adorned his muzzle. He had attempted to remove it once or twice, but it was stuck to his new fur. Resigning to the pain and not wanting a bald spot on his new muzzle, he let it be.

Tail now swaying behind him as he sat bowlegged on the wet sand, he gazed out into the ocean. Once or twice, he could've sworn he had heard a scream or two, but he shoved it aside as a side effect of his unexpected transformation. With a sign, he again resigned his gaze to the ocean. He needed to do something about this, but as much as he tried, Felix couldn't gather the motivation to move.

"Excuse me! Mind if I talk to you?"

There it was.

Felix turned his head just enough to see the person- er, thing addressing him. Behind him was an orange-eyed purple cat, a scythe-like tail (much like his own) swinging behind it.

It was only in the company of another Felix realized that he was naked. He had fur and everything, but still no clothes. He was an animal.

Shaking the thought aside, Felix arose, body still facing the sea, brushing off some of the sand that clung to his fur.

"Yeah, I do." He growled, baring his teeth somewhat. "So make it short and spit it out. What the hell do you want?"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Beyard sat nestled in the sand looking out on the tropical island for a moment, trying to decide how best to succeed. Whatever he was, he didn't have legs any more. Obviously his old tactics of moving won't work in this situation. So Beyard did the second most natural thing to him. He began to hop, and surprisingly this form allowed him to do that. He took several hops, jumping towards the undergrowth of the island. One hop, two hops, three hops.. at least he was getting somewhere.

However, his body was not accustomed to this way of travel. Beyard stopped for a brief break before continuing his hop toward the trees... but... he didn't make very much progress at all. Beyard spun around towards the water to see he had only made about a few feet distance.
    "Okay, obviously this thing isn't meant to hop. I don't see how something like this could surviving by moving so slow. Hmm.." Beyard thought for a moment. Then an idea came to him. How to eggs usually get around? He decided to do what was natural for an egg. He tilted down on his side and prepared to roll like he would down a hill.. and he suddenly broke out into a spin. His small form darted across the sand if the beach and kicked up sand particles into the air, rolling at a surprisingly quick speed.

"This what I'm talking about!!" Beyard said, his voice wavering to match his rapid spinning. He moved across the sand rather quickly, leaving a trail of shifted sand in his wake. Beyard had a surprisingly easy time controlling himself while he was spinning; I guess this is the way these.. things were meant to move around. Beyard practiced moving in circles and other odd maneuvers.

Beyard continued toying around with his new body before striking a large rock that was nestled in the sand. The collision sent Beyard into the air. He flipped before smacking into a large palm tree.
    "Oh not again!" Beyard said, struggling. He was stuck upside down in the side of a palm tree, about 5 feet from the ground. Suddenly, a loud scream caught Beyard's attention. Beyard shook and squinted to get a better look at what could have made that sound.

From his spot in the side of a palm tree, Beyard had a surprisingly good view of the beach. He glanced over to see a strange, teal-green thing with a large head. The large chubby creature was tossed into the beach from the remnants of a crate. A crate that look suspiciously like the one Beyard was trapped inside of before he had found his way to this island. But Beyard decided this detective crap could wait until he got himself off of this tree.

"HEY! YOU!" Beyard shouted at the strange animal. "Get me down from here! Do you understand what I'm saying?!" The Ferroseed rocked back and forth from his position in the tree, hoping to grab the Munchlax's attention.

Years
  • "Ha! It worked! You talked back to me!" Bob spins in a circle once, celebrating his minor victory. "Right! So, this may sound strange, but stay with me on this. I'm not actually a cat. No, wait. I am a cat, but I wasn't always a cat. I used to be a human." He stops, thinking out loud as he ponders his situation. "Do they have humans in this strange dream land? Oh, dear... I may have just confused the poor creature... Sorry, but do you know where I am? I've just washed up on the shore and have no idea what's going on in the slightest. You seem like a bright fellow, mind helping me out?" He takes a step closer, tilting his head hopefully, making himself appear harmless and sincere. That's it, act feline. Be the cat!

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Blair scanned the beach for others. He wasn't entirely sure what form they would take, but he was sure he wasn't the only survivor of the boat crash. He wasn't too sure of his abilities in his new body, but he was pretty sure he'd find someone if they were there to be found.

He got up.

Bizarre, he thought. It's like I've lived my whole life on all fours…
    His thoughts were interrupted by someone talking. "Excuse me! Mind if I talk to you?"

He was about to respond with a firm yes when he realised just how far away the speaker – a purple cat - was. They also weren't talking to him at all, actually trying to speak with a blue, bipedal dog-like creature near them.

"Yeah, I do." The creature growled in response. "So make it short and spit it out. What the hell do you want?"

Whoever this feline newcomer was, they didn't strike his fancy.

Blair tended to agree - Something about that cat just struck him as wrong. Cats didn't have heads that big compared to their bodies. Cats weren't a wretched purple. They definitely didn't have orange eyes. Even more, the newcomer's behaviour marked him as something different. Having lived with a real cat for years, Blair knew almost instantly that this thing wasn't the genuine article. He wanted nothing to do with such a fake.

The false cat responded to the two-legged-dog-thing in almost exactly the opposite way to what he expected – he completely ignored the obvious hostility and seemed genuinely happy to get a response.
    "Ha! It worked! You talked back to me!" he said, spinning in a circle. "Right! So, this may sound strange, but stay with me on this. I'm not actually a cat. No, wait. I am a cat, but I wasn't always a cat. I used to be a human."

So, Blair wasn't the only one.

The cat continued, "Do they have humans in this strange dream land? Oh, dear... I may have just confused the poor creature... Sorry, but do you know where I am? I've just washed up on the shore and have no idea what's going on in the slightest. You seem like a bright fellow, mind helping me out?"

Well, that cemented it. This guy was setting a terrible example for the human race and it would not do to be associated with him. He had to intervene.

He stepped towards the two. "Can't you give this guy a break? He was clearly meditating, and if you hadn't noticed he wasn't exactly happy to see you. Maybe you should quit being so energetic – it's kinda disorienting."

Years
  • Bob looks up as another creature approaches, a look of surprise on his face. "Can't you give this guy a break? He was clearly meditating, and if you hadn't noticed he wasn't exactly happy to see you. Maybe you should quit being so energetic – it's kinda disorienting."

Bob grins suddenly, rising onto his back legs to clap his front paws together excitedly. "Haha! Another one! Fantastic! And it's much more feline this time, I guess I'm not the only cat-like creature here!" He drops back onto all fours, his tail swishing happily. He passes by the blue dog-thing, muttering "Sorry to bother, pardon me..." as he does.

He sits in front of the new ...brown-and-tan... mammal, holding himself with as much grace and dignity as he can muster. "Right! In deference to your disorientation and your friend's meditative state, I shall calm myself and ask my questions in a logical and dignified manner. Now then. My name's Bob, can you tell me where I am? You see, I'm a bit shipwrecked and have no idea where to find civilization. Or even what to do when I find it, come to think of it... Hmmm..." He hums in thought, rubbing his chin as he glances out over the water.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "Ha! It worked! You talked back to me! Right! So, this may sound strange, but stay with me on this. I'm not actually a cat. No, wait. I am a cat, but I wasn't always a cat-"

Felix cupped his ears, trying to save himself from the never-ending words and limitless energy. This... thing, so quickly, was really getting on his last nerve. Not only did it not get the "I don't want to talk, I am cold, wet, and just got turned into a bipedal dog-thing" hint, it just went on and on, talking non-stop. Felix was doing his best to ignore the creature, a low growl escaping from his throat as he turned away from it, but the cat just didn't seem to get it.

There's no way this could be a dream, even a nightmare. His mind would never be this cruel to him.

Felix was just about to turn around and sock the annoying feline in the snout, when, luckily for it, another creature intervened.

This new, brown-furred cat-like creature was also on all fours, but unlike the last one, actually seemed to get what was going on.

"Can't you give this guy a break? He was clearly meditating, and if you hadn't noticed he wasn't exactly happy to see you. Maybe you should quit being so energetic – it's kinda disorienting."

The brown-furred creature took the words right out of Felix's mouth, although it was a lot more polite.

Once again though, the Cheshire cat did the complete opposite of whatever sane creature would do. Instead of shutting up or listening to the brown-fox/cat, it jumped on its back legs, clapping its paws.

"Haha! Another one! Fantastic! And it's much more feline this time, I guess I'm not the only cat-like creature here! Right! In deference to your disorientation and your friend's meditative state, I shall calm myself and ask my questions in a logical and dignified manner. Now then. My name's Bob, can you tell me where I am? You see, I'm a bit shipwrecked and have no idea where to find civilization. Or even what to do when I find it, come to think of it... Hmmm..."

Every word this thing spoke wanted to make Felix pull his hair- er, fur out.

"Right. I can't take it anymore." He growled, immediately putting himself in between 'Bob' and the sea, crouching down to eye level and giving him a glare as cold as he was feeling.

"Shut up. It's bad enough that I'm freezing, soaked, and now, furry, but I also have to listen to you talk forever?" He got even closer, putting extreme emphasis on the last two words. "Do me a favor and shut up."

Felix arose, crossing his arms across his chest. "Now..." Felix turned to the fuzzy brown creature. "You seem like you have more than half a mind. Do you know where, or what, the hell I am?"

Years
  • "Right. I can't take it anymore." The blue dog steps forward, getting uncomfortably close. "Shut up. It's bad enough that I'm freezing, soaked, and now, furry, but I also have to listen to you talk forever? Do me a favor and shut up."

Bob is taken aback at the sudden hostility, laying flat on his stomach and staring up at the dog in surprise and discomfort. "Right. Sorry. I'll just... stop talking, then..."

"Now..." The dog turns to the fuzzy brown creature, crossing his arms. "You seem like you have more than half a mind. Do you know where, or what, the hell I am?"

Bob mutters to himself, somehow still unable to grasp the whole "not talking" thing. "Just trying to figure things out, didn't have to be so rude. Especially if you're going to ask the same questions anyway... Some dream land this turned out to be, stuck with a dog-thing and a fox-cat-thing, neither being nice to me..."

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • "HEY! YOU!"

From the damp sand, Barry's ear twitched.

"Get me down from here! Do you understand what I'm saying?!"

Barry sat up, wiping and spitting out the sand from his face and mouth. Was that voice talking to him? If so, then he could understand perfectly well.

Looking around, he saw something stick out like a sore thumb on a nearby tree. It looked like a steel-reinforced rugby ball or something. Only it was dotted with green barbs.

As Barry got closer to the strange object, he then noticed it had eyes.

He paused, "... did you.. speak?" He couldn't notice any mouth of sorts, "Well, no matter. Sure I can get you down!"

Barry took another few steps closer to the tree. Again, he forgot how considerably shorter he was. reaching as high as he could, he was only able to barely scuff the metal hide of this barbed acorn.

"... well, maybe I can. Hold on!" Barry eyed a large rock a few feet from their position. Hopping over to it, he proceeded to push the thing towards the tree trunk. A makeshift stand of sorts.

"While we're here," Barry began, "what even are you? Sorry, it's just that I'm not even sure any of this is even happening. I've met some characters in my time but metal, spiky acorns I've yet to encounter..."

Barry, having hauled the rock over, stood on it, this time able to grab the acorn guy. He pulled - to no real avail. It was stuck pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The creature seemed to hear what Beyard had said. It picked itself up off of the sand and began approaching the tree. It stopped for a moment and suddenly it spoke as well.
    "... did you.. speak?" The creature asked.
    "Yes. Yes I did." Beyard said without pause. "Erm... somehow." Beyard remembered the form he now took. The fact he could speak didn't make much sense to him either now that he thought about it.

"Well, no matter. Sure I can get you down!" The creature moved towards the tree again. It reached up to Beyard, but even he wasn't very tall himself. His outstretched hand barely even touched the top of Beyard's head. At least.. Beyard thought it was the top of his head.
    "... well, maybe I can. Hold on!" It said before turning towards a stone.
    "Holding on is the problem here!" Beyard struggled again with no luck. "...I really hope that I don't have blood rush to my... head. That would not be pleasant." Beyard commented as the thing pushed a rock towards the tree. With the assistance of the stone, it could much easily reach Beyard.

"While we're here," The teal thing said, "what even are you? Sorry, it's just that I'm not even sure any of this is even happening. I've met some characters in my time but metal, spiky acorns I've yet to encounter..."
    "Your guess is as good as mine." Beyard said as the other tried to pull him free from the tree. "I thought I was a human, but looking at me now, that does not seem to be the case." Beyard tried to pull the memory from his head. What exactly was he doing before he was put into a crate? The memory was very indistinct.

"Well, while we're trying to get this sorted out, I guess I should introduce myself. The name's Beyard. I assume you.. things.. have names as well?"
    Beyard struggled while he was being pulled. He could feel some of his spines come loose as he did so. Good. He was finally starting to get loose.

Zeph.

Years
  • "Your guess is as good as mine. I thought I was a human, but looking at me now, that does not seem to be the case."

Barry ceased yanking momentarily. Did this thing just say what he thought he did?

"Well, while we're trying to get this sorted out, I guess I should introduce myself. The name's Beyard. I assume you.. things.. have names as well?"

"You're not going to believe this, but," Barry said, still in some disbelief, "I'm really a human too! I don't know what the hell I am..." he sniffed, "so that means if you're a human in another alien body, then-"

It wasn't a dream of ANY kind. No chance, not with another person describing Barry's exact situation too. He stopped pouting, remembering Beyard needed help.

"Oh, right. I'm Barry. No idea what I'm supposed to be, but I'm Barry..."

With a final heave, Beyard was released from the tree. A popping sound was made as his spikes left the wood of the tree. Barry held up the fellow ex-human in triumph - and was then reminded of how heavy he was now. The steel-capped rugby ball brought them both down, Barry falling back first into the sand.

The two lay there for a moment...

"... I'm also hungry."

Releasing Beyard, Barry got to his feet and looked around. No obvious signs of food. Although an alluring smell caught his attention.

"Want to come with me? We can go find food! And I suppose someone who can help us... but mostly food."

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Once again, the cat reacted unusually. Instead of the polite acceptance Blair had expected, he got enthusiasm strong enough to overwhelm a bear.
    The cat clapped its paws happily, bouncing everywhere. "Haha! Another one! Fantastic! And it's much more feline this time; I guess I'm not the only cat-like creature here!" it babbled.

It continued with its hyperactivity streak, before slightly calming down and announcing, "Right! In deference to your disorientation and your friend's meditative state, I shall calm myself and ask my questions in a logical and dignified manner. Now then. My name's Bob, can you tell me where I am? You see, I'm a bit shipwrecked and have no idea where to find civilization. Or even what to do when I find it, come to think of it... Hmmm..."

The bipedal dog-thing was fed up with Bob. "Right. I can't take it anymore," it growled, glaring at the cat. "Shut up. It's bad enough that I'm freezing, soaked, and now, furry, but I also have to listen to you talk forever?" It leaned in even closer. "Do me a favour and shut up."

Blair took a step back, unsure of where this was going. Would he get violent?

"Now…" The canine said, turning towards him as Bob muttered to himself in the background, "You seem like you have more than half a mind. Do you know where, or what, the hell I am?"

Well, this was an unusual turn of events. It sounded like the thing was unused to its body. But that would mean…

"Boat," Blair blurted accidentally. Whoops, he thought. Looks like I'll have to own up.

"I mean, no and no. And Bob said he was a human at some point… it looks like we're all in the same boat - The same big, stormy, crashed boat. Catch my drift? And while we're at it, any idea what I am?"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "You're not going to believe this, but," he said to Beyard with a bit of a flabbergasted tone. "I'm really a human too! I don't know what the hell I am..." he sniffed, "so that means if you're a human in another alien body, then-"

Another human turned into a strange creature? Maybe he came to this island the same way that Beyard did? That would explain the shattered crate remains. But Beyard found the whole 'alien' notion to be ridiculous.

"Oh, right. I'm Barry. No idea what I'm supposed to be, but I'm Barry..."

Finally Barry, with a final tug, managed to pull Beyard out of the tree. Beyard was lifted, upside down mind you, above Barry's head.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you and everything Barry, but would you put me down before we-" It was too late. Beyard began to tilt backwards, and this was making Barry loose his footing. They both fell from on top of the stone and landed in the sand with a loud thump, Barry still holding Beyard in his hands.

"... I'm also hungry."
    Barry said, breaking the silence. He picked himself up out of the sand. Beyard corrected himself, and balanced on his axis. Beyard did a quick spin to get rid of the sand, flinging sand particles in every direction.

"Want to come with me?" Barry continued, "We can go find food! And I suppose someone who can help us... but mostly food."

"Maybe we aren't the only 'aliens' wandering around this island." Beyard paused. "Wait, how am I supposed to eat food like this? Well, whatever. I'll come with. Safety in numbers and all that."

Beyard began rolling across the beach, tossing small patches of sands as he went.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: Sorry about the late response guys... Life. Nuff Said >.>)

"Boat," The fox/cat/thing blurted out, taken aback a moment before continuing.

"...I mean, no and no. And Bob said he was a human at some point… it looks like we're all in the same boat - The same big, stormy, crashed boat. Catch my drift?"

Felix took a step back, muzzle agape. He uncrossed his arms, looking down at his paws, the black fur covering the back of his hands, and the blue covering the rest of them. "Cupping" them, he placed them around his muzzle, closing his eyes, and taking this all in. So he wasn't the only one on that boat or in this situation? For a brief moment, Felix wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"And while we're at it, any idea what I am?" The fox further added, snapping the person-turned-canine out of his stupor.

Felix, realizing what he was doing, did his best to quickly regain his composure, taking his paws away from his muzzle and again crossing his arms.

"No idea. I was kind of hoping you would tell me." Sighing, Felix ran a paw across the top of his head, gazing down the endless beach. A wave, filled with ice-cold water, wandered a little to far from the rest, kissing Felix's already soaked feet/paws. He picked one up, balancing on one leg until the wave retreated. When it did so, he put his foot back down, slightly sinking into the wet sand.

"Alright, well, no use standing around here." He mumbled, walking past the fox and Bob, his scythe-like tail swaying back and forth, somewhat consciously hitting the latter in the nose. "I'm going to find out what the hell happened and what the hell I am." Back now to them, he raised a paw "Good luck, Fox. Hope you can deal with Cheshire over there."

Years
  • Bob grins in surprise at the revelation that his two new "friends" are both former humans as well. "All three of us, then? Well, fancy that! And we just happened to all meet up?"

"Alright, well, no use standing around here." The blue dog walks past Bob and the mammal, his tail smacking Bob in the face. Bob cries out in surprise and pain, clutching his nose and rearing up on his hind legs, falling onto his back shortly after. "I'm going to find out what the hell happened and what the hell I am. Good luck, Fox. Hope you can deal with Cheshire over there."

Bob rolls around in obvious discomfort, loudly protesting his fate. "You hit me! In the nose! It hurts! It really does! I am in a small but very real amount of pain right now!" He climbs to his feet, trying to regain some lost dignity. "Uncalled for. We're all in this together now, and we'd be a lot better off if we didn't hit each other in the face!"

He turns to Fox beside him, refusing to look at Blue Dog. "Right! What's our plan, then? I guess that Blue Dog is leaving the party, so it's just you and me, Fox! Where to on this wild and crazy place?"

Zeph.

Years
  • For a while, Barry and Beyard walked (well, he walked. The other half of the duo was forced to roll( along the sand for a while, keeping close to the shore, unknowing of what else waited for them in this strange new place. It wasn't long before Barry's stomach growled. Loudly.

"Wow..." he said, "Y'know I don't even know how long I've been without food? We'll have to find something Beyard..."

As he said this, his nose caught a salivating smell. As if his senses reacted extraordinarily to his new-found want.

"Whoa!" He took a big sniff, "Mmm Beyard you smell that?"

He sniffed again. It was so... enticing. Luring, even. In fact Barry found himself walking slowly towards the source involuntarily. Whatever it was had to be be really pungent: but it was like Barry's nose could detect a route to the smell, knowing where to turn and how far away he was. Whatever creature he was now, its sense of smell was immense compared to his own.

Barry stopped at the base of another tree. The source of the smell was up, so he look that way. Hanging from the branches was a large, watermelon sized fruit. It was yellow in colour, but it didn't smell like any melon... was the food in this place different too?

"Found it!" Barry exclaimed, realising he didn't exactly make sure Beyard was following him. He got so focused on the smell... hopefully the metal acorn took it upon himself to go with Barry.

He soon found another problem - he couldn't reach the fruit. Barry grabbed the tree, brought one foot up. His small foot claws were able to give him decent purchase! He brought up the other foot... success! He was on a roll! Repeat process...

Rushing, he fell onto the sand below. He was so focused on eating he forgot how new he was to his new body. He stood up and looked at the fruit again, this time with a puzzled expression. Then at the tree base. Then again at the fruit, then the tree base. Fruit, base, fruit, base.

He took a few strides back, focused on the tree. If he could whack the base hard enough, he might just be able to free the food. Barry didn't quite know it, but some of the creature's natural instincts were kicking in here, ensuring Barry knew what to do.

'Tackle it,' he thought to himself, 'go for it! You can do it...'

Barry took of, running with determination. He shoulder barged the tree. On top of the smell thing, his new body seemed a bit more sturdier than his own. Looking up again, he saw the leaves of the tree rustle and the fruit swing from side to side. The latter then snapped off an fell.

Barry threw his arms up, "Yess! I got it! Woohoo!"

Barry was then unceremoniously smacked in the face by the falling fruit he forgot to catch or avoid. The Munchlax fell on the sand, along with the yellow fruit, now in pieces. Lying on the ground, Barry licked some of the juice off of his face. It was delicious.

"Oh my god..." Barry uttered, sitting up, grabbing a chunk of the fruit. He put the whole thing in his mouth, but then found he couldn't chew. At first this concerned him, but he went with what felt natural for his body, and swallowed the thing whole.

The taste was amazing. His mouth could still taste it all, but he could feel the fullness coming from his stomach. It was a much better way of eating in his opinion. And for a moment, too, it took his mind off of the mess he found himself in right now, along with Beyard and any others, if there were any.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "Wow..." he said, "Y'know I don't even know how long I've been without food? We'll have to find something Beyard..."

They've been walking, or in Beyard's case rolling, along the beach for quite a while. The two haven't run into anyone else yet. Hopefully they weren't the only things on this island.

"It's very weird. I haven't eaten in a very long time either, but I don't feel hungry at all. Maybe whatever... THIS is... gets energy another way?"

Beyard stopped and turn around.
    "Hey, are you listening?" Beyard looked up at Barry. He had a very dreamy look on his face. Beyard knew what that expression meant. Beyard's father always had that look on his face when he spotted food; Barry was hungry.

"Whoa!" He took a big sniff, "Mmm Beyard you smell that?"

"No, not really. I really wish I knew what this body had and what it didn't have!" Beyard frowned; it really annoyed him. When Beyard looked back at Barry. He was walking away, almost trance-like.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Beyard rolled after Barry as he stumbled his way through the brush. Where Barry was going, he seemed to know the route. The Munchlax seemed to know exactly where he was going. They both approached the base of a tree.
    "And what's so special about this tree?... I don't like being ignored."

Beyard turned to Barry. He was staring straight up, almost like he was looking in the tree. Beyard shifted his gaze upwards as well, seeing an odd yellow fruit. Beyard had never seen such a fruit before; it was as large as a watermelon. Judging by Bard's expression, he was much too focused on the food in front of him to even noticed Beyard's presence.

Barry wrapped his arms around the truck of the tree and attempted to pull himself up. Beyard noticed his somewhat formidable claws; it actually allowed him to grip the tree to some extent. He couldn't manage to pull himself up the tree, however, and instead fell to the ground with an audiable THUMP.

"I don't mean to be rude, but you look a little bit too heavy to drag yourself up the base of a tree." Beyard said somewhat cynically. He doubted Barry was listening; his attention was still focused on the tree and the fruit. He looked up, down, up, down, before tackling the base of the tree. Barry's new body might be chubby, but it had some muscle to it. The tree shook, and the fruit came loose from the tree.

"Yess! I got it! Woohoo!" Barry tossed up in arms in celebration.

"Heads up!" Beyard tried to shout, but it was too late. The plummeting fruit smacked Barry in the face and knocked him over. Both Barry and the fruit tumbled onto the beach.

"...That was not the most majestic way to get food. But I guess it worked."

Barry licked the juice off of his face and swallowed the fruit whole. He had a satisfied expression on his face.

"Right, now that we have that sorted out, we're going to set up camp or something." Beyard stared up into the sky. "I don't think we can spend our entire day wandering about the beach. Daylight is wasting away.." Beyard looked back up at the top of the tree. Large, fan-like leaves hung from the top of the tree that caused large shadows to cover the area around.

"Wait here. I'm gonna try something." Beyard rolled towards the tree. He climbed on top of the trunk, and was pleased to find his spines stuck neatly into the bark. Beyard continued to roll up the tree, his spines neatly plucking out of the tree. It felt natural to climb up solid surfaces; he felt almost like spider-man as he got higher and higher. When he reached the top, he rolled over the base of a leaf's stem with his spines. The spines neatly cut the base of the leaf, and it floated gently to the ground.

"This-" He said as he cut another leaf loose, "Is what we'll use for shelter." Beyard cut down 3 large leaves before stopping; he didn't want to kill the plant if it could maybe produce more fruit. Beyard then carefully rolled back down the side of the trunk back towards the ground.

"If you've every watched TV, you'd know that we might need a fire as well. Perhaps I can create a spark by grinding against a rock.. or... this might work." Beyard couldn't smile, but he had a moment of satisfaction as he thought about what they could do. Maybe, if they work together, they can survive this. "I'm going to need to burrow your hands."

Back