• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Treasures!

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Using the formerly almighty DEAD, all great, the almightyimnotallowedtolinkto Pokemon Online engine.

Well, maybe sphere is mightier.

Actually it's now being made in Python. Ignore most of this post.

We previously had a great lack of progress (mainly due to our attacks guru, V Faction, quittin.) Since we decided to advertise again, our progress is up. Wheel for us!

Well, if you are good at something useful to a game (Trainer Sprites, game text, tiles, Pokemon back, mini or overworlds and later on, scripting) you really should join, because the more help we get, the faster it gets done after our engine is completed. If you spam, you get deleted. That's our new way of security, so everyone can join freely and easily.

Click here for the main site

Last edited:
    Years
    How about you tell us a bit about your game, is there a storyline to it? Some role playing (like being shop owner or something)? Any special features?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I know Pokemon Treasures forums. They have the freaking best sprites ever! I try to base my sprites on them (I do buildings and maps) but I just cant get how you Treasure map makers (JK) make such good tilesets and get such perfect results. Could you tell us what map editor or sprite maker you use? Do you use MSpaint for your sprite making? I'd love to know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Mattgcn, I have loved your custom Pokemon sprites since I first laid eyes on them! They are the best anywhere! After I lost the link to the site, I've since forgotten about it. I'm going to join the forums, I didn't even know those sprites were for a game. I don't know if I can help out with anything. Are you only looking for someone to name attacks, or animate them? If you're looking for someone to name them, I could come up with attacks. I would definetly take my time and try to come up with names based of a little research.

EDIT: I can't seem to register. I registered under the name DaReaper, but when I went to the forums and entered the Username and Password, it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Berino

Graphics Artist
    Years
    Ur game looks amazing but the forum. I cant register. R u an administrator, if u r can u make me an account called Berino. Plzzzz

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    If you really need to join, enter your name and stuff into the main site news post.

I'm a GM, but I'm the top motivator guy. AKA Gopher. I have done no sprites. It's mostly Cuddles, V Faction (who quit), Fossil Kabutops, Zerocool, Toto and Remy (Some other, but these are my favs) that sprite.

We can let you visit as a guest to see all the topics that regular members are allowed to see, but specifics from the admin that you can only join if you are specially skilled, sorry.

No storyline giveaways. We might give some in the future as mini spoilers.

New features? Not too many, but a few graphical differences, such as a box that shows your "secondary statuses" and another that notes inbattle stat changes. I'd try to root out Mod topics, but those are secrets. Surprises can be given out to all later. We might generate a community around it, but not yet. Not until productivity is up.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Some encouragement: If you think completing a game with three regions and new Pokemon with a bunch of people is tough then you should here my story.
    I am the creator of the region called Marana. There are supposed to be like a hundred new Pokemon, many new characters and a really interesting, complex storyline. I also must do all the Pokemon sprites, the maps and the trainer sprites myself. And while I'm doing it, I'm trying to create a manga for the four main trainers. And it's just me creating this region. Oh yeah, did I mention the size of Marana is bigger than any region before and has many cities and routes of completely different climates.
    I dont know if I'm qualified for your forum but I'd be glad to post screenshots from my region game sometime, maybe this week and you could rate me.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Hey mattgcn!
    I think this game will turn out great oh & the PM you sent, AWSOME!

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Sure, I'll rate. But you should really get some help.

We're thinking of a climate system, but we need to take it easy on the engine programmer. He's the only guy doing it to my knowledge.

Yeah, ACFP, post on the front page so I remember to have you added by an admin later. Just don't be spammy and don't bump.

Make sure to post a link to some examples in your comment. Main site, not forum.

Years
    Well.. No offence or anything, but what's supposed to attract people to this game (if you don't mind me asking)? Just because it's a pokemon mmorpg? Yeah I find that interesting but what else have you got planned..? If I start a new game then what is there to do?
    Is there going to be a singleplayer option? What could I do to make my character unique from all the others?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Well.. No offence or anything, but what's supposed to attract people to this game (if you don't mind me asking)? Just because it's a pokemon mmorpg? Yeah I find that interesting but what else have you got planned..? If I start a new game then what is there to do?
    Is there going to be a singleplayer option? What could I do to make my character unique from all the others?
    My thoughts exactly. Basically, you've told us that it's made using a Pokemon Online engine and you have a site/forum that we have to ask permission to see and still wont be able to see all areas of it. We need some more details, screenshots, story, features etc.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    You can join now. We are likely to reveal more about it. And yes, on the game server you can have personal client (Just you) or the wide server.

And so far in our game we have a choice of 8 starters, but no customisability yet.

We are not going to put rep or companion cuz, well, it'd be copying off of COL.

Well, we have new Pokemon, trainer types, abilities, types, items and moves. As the site progresses by increasing in volume, stuff will be revealed. But since you asked, we may reveal storyline later when we get it down pat.

Hey, and what can be bad about better looking graphics than the GBA, an amazing spriting team and two new regions? I know graphics aren't everything, but just LOOK at some of that stuff.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Graphics are nice, but they don't make the game. I'd rather you have said 'an amazing team of programmers' that would have got me more interested but there doesn't seem to be any mention on who is gonna program all the hard stuff into the game though.

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
    I once revealed a part on there in my sig... XD

Actually, I'm a GM there... but without propers powers or title.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^^yeah, I posted on the mainpage though I can help out with game mechanics, abilities, attacks, and held items.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Did I say anyone can join now, yet?

We have the one engine programmer at this point. What will go into the game later on is up to what we can do in the scripting stage.

We're in the early story and graphics stage.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Sure, I'll rate. But you should really get some help
    Sorry for the delay. The holidays get hectic. I'll edit my post as soon as I upload my model town.
    Pokemon Treasures!

It's called Crystal cove, the first beach town in the Marana region. I made the hotel, the bin with the fruit in it, the glass tables, the glass house and the pool. I recolored the houses and some of the dirt to look like sand. And I also recolored one of the overhangs.
    Found the rest ripped from roms or from my roms.

Back