• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trino

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
  • I suggest you take Azura's advice. If you don't even know the basics of any of the game making tools then don't make a publicly known game. Make some test games first to help you learn the basics, I have made loads and I still don't know all of the basics.

Last edited:

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Ive been gaming for about 2 yrs now but i just cant script that good thats about it. ive been doing good with sphere. But my friend suggested to make a game in sphere together so we are.

dr perry cox

Creator of Pokemon Opaque
    Years
  • I can't script either, my intro doesn't say "You will lots of Pokemon have fun" with a visible hero sprite and an awful Porf./Dude Sprite.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • Stop the Humiliation!

Okay, stop humiliating Tyler, yeah he has bad grammar, but so what, he can fix it later! I mean look at DarkDoom3000 or was it DarkDoom2000 I forget (Sorry DarkDoom!) but he had grammar problems but he fixed it up and made a great game, and as for brendan, even if his spriting is lame, if he and Tyler want to make a game then they can if they want, besides making games is supposed to be fun, that's why everyone making them right? Not just to out of the goodness of your heart, kill yourself to make a CBS, CMS, Storage Box, totally custom game. So quit buggin' em!

Blaze Dragon

Blazes of Wisdom
    Years
  • Okay, stop humiliating Tyler, yeah he has bad grammar, but so what, he can fix it later! I mean look at DarkDoom3000 or was it DarkDoom2000 I forget (Sorry DarkDoom!) but he had grammar problems but he fixed it up and made a great game, and as for brendan, even if his spriting is lame, if he and Tyler want to make a game then they can if they want, besides making games is supposed to be fun, that's why everyone making them right? Not just to out of the goodness of your heart, kill yourself to make a CBS, CMS, Storage Box, totally custom game. So quit buggin' em!
    We aren´t humillating Tyler, we are criticazing him for making him better at this. Or at least I am

dr perry cox

Years
  • Okay, stop humiliating Tyler, yeah he has bad grammar, but so what, he can fix it later! I mean look at DarkDoom3000 or was it DarkDoom2000 I forget (Sorry DarkDoom!) but he had grammar problems but he fixed it up and made a great game, and as for brendan, even if his spriting is lame, if he and Tyler want to make a game then they can if they want, besides making games is supposed to be fun, that's why everyone making them right? Not just to out of the goodness of your heart, kill yourself to make a CBS, CMS, Storage Box, totally custom game. So quit buggin' em!

Q. Has a full Pokemon fangame with working CBS and other systems ever been made?

A. No.

Anyway, I haven't got a problem with him making a game, but like SO many others he will give up because of the difficulty.

Ive been gaming for about 2 yrs now but i just cant script that good thats about it. ive been doing good with sphere. But my friend suggested to make a game in sphere together so we are.

Dude, I've been gaming for two years as well. I can't script either. And don't use the age thing, 'cause I'm younger than you - but not everyone can make a game. There. Full stop. Period. That's all. Endo. Fin. Game Over. Sayonara.

EDIT: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73143

Look at that, and THEN tell me I couldn't do better.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Q. Has a full Pokemon fangame with working CBS and other systems ever been made?

A. No.

Anyway, I haven't got a problem with him making a game, but like SO many others he will give up because of the difficulty.

Dude, I've been gaming for two years as well. I can't script either. And don't use the age thing, 'cause I'm younger than you - but not everyone can make a game. There. Full stop. Period. That's all. Endo. Fin. Game Over. Sayonara.

EDIT: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73143

Look at that, and THEN tell me I couldn't do better.

Since you're still new here, I'm going to be as nice as I can. Three things. First of all, yes a working Pokemon fangame has been made before. Second, when you start talking down to people in the guise of giving them critisism, it's called flaming. And that is not allowed here. Finally, if you don't like Pokemon fan games, then why, oh why are you posting in this section? Honestly...

That said...

It looks like a few of the sprites, numbers and spelling errors just need to be fixed (which I'm sure you'll do). Other than that, everything looks alright. Getting past the battle system is the hardest part. Once you do that, you've got it made.

Last edited:

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • I never said i was gonna give up im just really busy at the moment to learn how to code in sphere which is really hard but i think i can do it. and if not im gonna make a game in php because im really good at it.

dr perry cox

Years
  • Since you're still new here, I'm going to be as nice as I can. Three things. First of all, yes a working Pokemon fangame has been made before. Second, when you start talking down to people in the guise of giving them critisism, it's called flaming. And that is not allowed here. Finally, if you don't like Pokemon fan games, then why, oh why are you posting in this section? Honestly...
    QUOTE]

1. What game?

2. No it's not, it's constructive criticsm to some one who doesn't want to aceept that their game looks like crap.

3. Did I say I didn't like fangames? Short answer = No. Long Answer = Nooooooo... I said it's difficult for the best of us.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Sorry I havent Posted in a while ive gone back to RMXP and ive been getting tons done with the starter Pokemon adding Items and so on I will be Posting screenshots of the Towns and more. Ive also got a new Member named Masaxgpmat he is gonna help me map and sprite.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Im trying to get the Pictures up but at the moment im adding some of the Diamond and Pearl Pokemon and there will also be both girls and boys

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • here are some more screenies of the updated first town i will be getting more of other places to.
    Pokemon Trino

Pokemon Trino

Please Rate them
    ~Tyler

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Looking Good Tyler, So far i've done about 200 items in the item database soon that will be done :)

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • The game looks okay, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to play it.

I think the biggest thing you need t owork on isn't your grammer, but your graphics. The chipsets look okay, although there are better ones out there, but you need a heck of alot better charsets. also, in the first pics, your monsters look crappy. The pic with your backsprite being one of the new pokemon looks good, but the charmander is distorted bad, s you need t oget a better pic of that. Also, when you talk t the professor, the background is distorted too, I mean, It looks like you got a supe small pictue and stretched it out so it woul fit.

I think you mapping skills are okay, could use a little improvement, but still good.

Improve the graphics and I'd say I'd want to play it. Alo, I'd use RMXP because if you cant script that goo, you can still do a lot with events.

Dont take this offensively, just trying to help improve.

~PokeCreator_09~

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Those Battles have all been remade i havent had enough time to take thos pics from the first Post. I know my mapping is a little bad at the moment it'll get really good once i start working on the game. I was once rated best mapping on his forum along time ago when i was a really good game maker. So just let me warm up and my maps will be very good. But thanks for the comments.

~Tyler

PS. I have almost everyones chipsets they were all in the starter kitt so yea.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    As this is in rmxp I can't really say much, now if it were in rm2k3 I would have said awesome work.

Well anyways good luck with your project.

Back