• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Type Challenge* [Now Recruiting]

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    Quick intro:
    Hello, I am Moonlight, or Moon or Kevin, or whatever you feel like calling me. Long time Pokemon fan since the beginning when it came to the U.S. when I was 6 years old.
    Anyway long story short, I've always had ideas of how I would do a Pokemon game. I've played a number of custom ROM hacks and have enjoyed them greatly, furthering my want to make my own. But one problem, I am not a programmer person at all.
    I'm an idea guy, I'm a story guy, I'm a writer, I've always been a project lead kind of person. And that's what I plan to be on this.
    So of coarse I am here hopefully looking for people to work alongside me who are the programming type. Whether you're a veteran or newbie at it I'll accept you all the same, I just want people with a passion to work together on a team to try to make something fun and enjoyable.
    I'm not expecting full on dedication, so don't be afraid to tell me you have a busy real life schedule or you're also working on another project on this site. This will be a spare-time passion project kind of deal. I won't be upset or anything of the sort. Just don't completely abandon the team without notice lol.
    I'll list my current ideas down below so if you are interested, please feel free to contact me with any questions or if you are interested.

ROM Base: [To Be Determined by the Team once assembled]

Story:[Subjectable to change]
    After making a bet with your rival you are set off on a quest to take on the Type Master Challenge on an island park setting (think Jurassic Park) where all Pokemon wander to assist you on your challenge to defeat the Type Masters and Park Heads before your rival does.

Features:
    Pokemon Generation 1-5 [if possible 6]
    Starter Pokemon will be done differently and the starter choices will be different than the norm [the typical starters can be found in the wild though]
    [If Possible] Pokemon movesets and abilities will be altered to abandon the more useless ones and replaced with more logical TM/Egg Moves as Level Up moves
    Obvious weird evolutions like trade or happiness will be altered
    No Evil Team
    Simple Story, more about the challenge [Subject to change if something good comes up]
    High Level Challenge
    18 Gyms, one for each type [What does that leave for the Elite four and champion? Only members of my team will find that out]
    Island Park is divided into sections based on Pokemon types where Pokemon of that type can be found and that Type Master Headquarters to challenge them.
    More to come I'm sure once the real brainstorming begins*

To apply to the team [remember I am currently accepting all applicants as long as you seem like a decent person to chat and get along with] message me at
    Skype is necessary to be on this team. Group Calls are possible if team members are willing.
    And let me know what you would like to do as a member of this team. Be prepared to answer some questions like [feel free to put your answers to these questions in your Skype friend request message if you wish]
    Your Name:
    Time Zone / Country:
    What You Want To Do:
    Have You Worked On Another ROM Hack Before:
    Can You Be on Skype Conference Calls:
    Anything Else I Should Know About You Work Wise:
    And Just For Fun, Your Favorite Pokemon

Current Team Members [Will be updated frequently with new team members and open positions as I learn about them]

Leader:
    Moonlight150

Co-Leaders: [Basically ones who have been on other projects before and knows what we need and can help me out with everything I need to know]

Writers:
    Moonlight150

Scripters:

Mappers:

Tile Inserter:

Pokemon Inserter:

Spriters:

Testers:
    Moonlight150

Oh and if I am doing anything noobish on this forum, please feel free to let me know nicely. :P

Last edited:

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Good hack bro. sorry but i can't support you at the moment, i am working on hacks including my own so I will help you once i am atleast 50% done with them.

ZapdosMan

P.s. First Post :D

Back