• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
  • Generation 1:

Generation 1, to me, was the one with the least flaws.
    The designs may have been very simple, and some very plain, but none of them were really truly "ugly".

But then there was Jynx...

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Jynx is a very controversial Pokemon; from being blamed for racism, to being an innuedo, it's not very well liked. Not only is it controversial, but to me, it has one of the worst designs in Pokemon.
    Why? Well, to me, overly humanoid Pokemon are very disturbing to me in general, and it gets even creepier when you know that Jynx also has a habit of grabbing and kissing people.

But I'll admit that Jynx is a really good Pokemon in battle, however, it's not something I'll put on my team.

Generation 2:​

Generation 2 is a gen that was pretty underrated. It's one of my favorites, having most of my favorite such as Typloshion, Totodile, Feraligtr, The Legendary Beasts, Lugia, Heracross, and a good amount of other Pokemon. It does have some ugly Pokemon, but none of them really made me cringe.

However, it had room for one atrocity:

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Smoochum.
    It also is pretty respectable in battle like Jynx, but Gamefreak should really stop making Pokemon based on people..

Generation 3:

Generation 3 had some of the coolest looking Pokemon. From Sceptile to Absol, it was really one of the best gens of all.

But, everything has "flaws" (Remember, it's my opinion), and these are the Pokemon that to me were really ugly:

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Lileep and Duxtox were both just plain ugly to me. I admit that they do have some charm, but compared to the other Pokemon, they are stale and just plain weird...

Generation 4:

Like Generation 2, Gen 4 is pretty underrated. It had a really great amount of really cool looking Pokemon like Luxray, Garchomp, and Honchkrow.

But like any good gen, it also had a QUITE few "bad" Pokemon.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Lopunny is an abomination. I'm sorry to any Lopunny fans out there, but this ugly prostitute bunny is really disturbing...

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Purugly? More like Pure Ugly! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH -shot-

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

What was the point of this evolution again?

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

You know how they said that God made Man in his image?
    Well, since Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, I expected this "God" to look more like a really cool super Mewtwo... but it ended up some giant space deer.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pretty much a male furry with a womanly body.
    (No offense to furries)

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Ugly and pointless.​

Generation 5:
    Oh boy.. I'll probably get called a Genwunner for this..

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Do I really need to say anything about this mutant gopher thing?!

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

The previous evolutions had potential, but this is ridiculous.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Elmo's cousins?
    They're not really ugly, though, they are just weird.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

I'm still having trouble understanding this...

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Is this a kite Pokemon?

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pretty much the entire Gothita line is ugly to me...

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

I'm sure a lot of people have mentioned this.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

There's a Foongus Amoonguss.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAa- kill me.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Pretty much Magneton, but just overly complicated.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Wannabe Glalie?

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Both of them Celebi clones..

Despite being the generation with the most disliked Pokemon, it also has ones that are even cooler than the previous generations; like Excadrill, Haxorus, and the starters.

Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

I apologize if I rustled any Jimmies on this list.

So, which Pokemon do you guys dislike? (Design)
    Which one is the worst of every generation? or which one is the worst of them all?

To me, the worst was Arceus, since it was really hyped.​

Years
  • Just some of the few designs that I particularly disliked. Ducklett was mostly for the name, but yeah it's design was still pretty boring.

Gen I:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Gen II:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Gen III:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Gen IV:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Gen V:
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Dammit, you rustled my jimmies! Now I have to iron them all >:C

Just kidding (lol I'm so weird =P), I agree with you on a lot of these.

GEN 1
    Voltorb & Electrode I guess aren't UGLY per se... I just don't like their design. I'm totally cool with simplistic designs but they creep me out. It's just a ball with a mean face and another ball with a smug face. I hate 'em.

Yeah, you're definitely right about Jynx. I hate that Pokemon.

I don't dig the Diglett/Dugtrio line. Just horribly ugly Pokemon...

And Exeggute, LOL, my Exeggutor laid an egg, look what's in it! More eggs lol

Mr. Mime. Nuff said.

Gen 2

I don't like Mantine. Maybe it's my actual hatred of not only manta rays but all rays that make me hate it.

Other than that I can't really criticize too many of the Pokemon here. I actually think Smoochum is kind of cute for being a humanoid Pokemon, and believe me I don't like those kind.

Gen 3

My favorite Gen, responsible for the designs of more of my favorite Pokemon than any other.

Nosepass has got to be my least favorite Pokemon from this gen, period. I mean just... look at it! Ugh.

I used to positively hate Grumpig and Spoink for some reason. I'm not even sure why, I just hated them for whatever reason, but I don't anymore :P

Can't stand Claydol or Baltoy. Too freaky-looking for my liking.

Snorunt and Glalie I also dislike, Glalie is a scary mofo lol

Strongly dislike all 3 Regis and I don't care for Deoxys. All of them too robotic.

Gen 4
    Where do I start. I don't hate this gen by any means, but it seems to contain the least amount of designs I like.

Empoleon. Sooo overdecorated. It looks like it has lace curtains on its stomach, and it has too much going on with it. Could've done such a better job on designing it.

KRICKITUNE/KRICKETOT. I. Hate. These. Horrid. Little. Bugs.

Burmy-wormie things or whatever they're called and Wormadam. Entirely pointless to do a bagworm Pokemon.

Ambipom. It reminds me of a mime and again, too overdecorated.

Bronzong/Bronzor. These things were brutes in Temporal Tower, adding to my already existent hatred of this ugly little bell-machine-robot things.

Mime Jr. is unnecessary. It's 10x better than Mr. Mime though, I'll give them that.

THANK YOU. Lucario is okay, I suppose, but it looks like an Anubis wearing trousers with completely pointless spikes sticking out of random parts of his body.

Lickylicky. That is the greatest name I have ever heard for a Pokemon/sarcasm. I don't care if a Pokemon name isn't creative, but this is just... Lickylicky? Seriously? Also its design sucks.

I'm done describing, I'm just listing Tangrowth, Probopass, and Darkrai.

Gen 5
    The elemental monkeys look totally uninspired to me, I'm sorry.

Munna/Musharna. It's like one of those plushy, curvy pillows except one of them has smoke billowing out of it. It's just not my kind of Pokemon at all.

TIMBURR. GURDURR. CONKELDURR. Absolutely one of my least faves of all time. These guys are, like, indescribably hideous. Even if they are monsters in battle. Vains popping out, body looks like the crammed all the internal organs into his head, it's just absolutely awful.

Thro/Sawk. Humanoid karate teachers. Pokemon that are born with robes? Intriguing! I know Jynx has a dress but nobody wants to see Jynx's icicles LOL

Basculin. Aw, come on, there are so many cool species of fish and you chose to do these weird things? Come on, man!

Darminitan. Strong as it is, it wears a perpetual rape face.

Scrafty/Scraggy. Weird little humanoid reptile who bought pants 10 sizes too big.

Yamask. This thing is so weird, it looks like it belongs as a monster in Adventure Time!

Blah... I'm just gonna list the rest. Sigilyph, Trubbish, Garbrodor, Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus, Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanillux, Escavalier, Foongus, Amoongus, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn (this one isn't all that bad I guess), Klink/Klang/Klinklang, Elgym/Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Accelgor, Heatmor, those ugly-ass legendary genies, and Genesect.

WHEW! I used the word 'hate' a lot of times in this lmao. Anyways, these are all my opinions, please don't be offended lol.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • Hah, Snowdrop, I agree with you on pretty much all of those.

The reason I didn't list most of those is that I was afraid to rustle too many jimmies :(

Years
  • I can name a lot, but I think the worst are mr. mime, stoutland, darmanitan, sigilyph (what is that anyway, a possesed chinese lamp?), jumpluff, foretress, vullaby, throh and sawk (mostly because they look like hideous knockoffs of Bert and Ernie to me), stunfisk, scraggy, woobat, bronzor, garbordor and trubbish, and bibarel.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Gen I: Magikarp

Gen II: Dunsparce

Gen III: Slaking

Gen IV: Spiritomb

Gen V: tie between Garbodor and Druddigon.

Those are my thoughts.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Its really what you define as ugly. I don't consider any pokemon to be simply ugly and think people who do it without hesitation are missing out on a lot of smart likeable monster designs.

I like Trubbish. Funniest living trashbag I have ever seen. Unlike Grimer, which is just purple sludge.

If you mean pokemon which are just WTF even for a universe with fictional monsters that shoot lasers, then Exeggcute takes the cake no contest.

I find it really amusing how the OP focuses on hating gen V for no better reasons than could be applied to any other generations, but somehow manages to miss Exeggcute. Right.

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I'm using Plat's layout.

Gen I: Tentacool

Gen II: Pineco/Forretress - Don't get me wrong, great competitively, but no. Just no.

Gen III: I honestly can't believe why no-ones though of this yet - Luvdisc

Gen IV: Tangrowth

Gen V: Cryogonal

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Gen I: Jynx and Mr. Mime.

Gen II: Smoochum.

Gen III: Nosepass

Gen IV: Bidoof/Bibarel

Gen V: Stunfisk. God this is horrid.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Its really what you define as ugly. I don't consider any pokemon to be simply ugly and think people who do it without hesitation are missing out on a lot of smart likeable monster designs.

I like Trubbish. Funniest living trashbag I have ever seen. Unlike Grimer, which is just purple sludge.

If you mean pokemon which are just WTF even for a universe with fictional monsters that shoot lasers, then Exeggcute takes the cake no contest.

I find it really amusing how the OP focuses on hating gen V for no better reasons than could be applied to any other generations, but somehow manages to miss Exeggcute. Right.

I don't understand why people get like this, they're just opinions XD

And omg I used to think Porygon and Porygon 2 where just the most adorable little things because of the Pokemon card I had of them portrayed them that way x3

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • I agree, Snowdrop!

MitJa, these are opinions, and you're really giving off the vibe that you don't like them and intend to argue to change them.

I gave my reasons for disliking a Pokemon's design, and I've got a right to. Besides, I looked over every Pokemon from every generation prior to thread, and I noted which ones who's designs I disliked.
    And what "reasons that could be applied for every generation?" I never even said my reasons for disliking the Pokemon designs! Did I say that they lacked creativity, or something? I just said that they are ugly. Simple as that.

As for Exeggcute? Well, I happen to think it's pretty cute. Problem? Sure, the concept is really weird, but I don't find it ugly.

Just because I happen to dislike more Pokemon from a single Gen doesn't mean that I hate that Generation (Which you're implying), I admit that Black and White didn't meet my expectations, but I like it anyways. So calm your mammaries.

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Gen 1:
    Ghastly - I like him now, but his design in Red/Blue was horrible to me.

Gen 2:
    Bellossom - I just disliked it since I first saw it.

Gen 3:
    Exploud - His mouth is so big!

Gen 4:
    Lucario - Like someone said before, he looks like Anubis.

Gen 5:
    Druddigon - Ugliest Pokemon I've seen.

Koiko

A Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
    Years
  • Well 5 of them in no order

1. Raichu :P

2. Jigglypuff (Jiggly...)

3. Caterpie (COME AT ME BRO!)

4. Plusle (Makes my brain hurt)

5. Minun (Makes my brain hurt)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • MitJa, these are opinions, and you're really giving off the vibe that you don't like them and intend to argue to change them.

I realise the last line was too harsh.

Its that I appreciate all pokemon and as a fakemon artist try hard to recreate my own ones based on the real ones, so it sometimes feels personal when someone just points to pokes and calls them ugly.

I gave my reasons for disliking a Pokemon's design, and I've got a right to. Besides, I looked over every Pokemon from every generation prior to thread, and I noted which ones who's designs I disliked.
    And what "reasons that could be applied for every generation?" I never even said my reasons for disliking the Pokemon designs! Did I say that they lacked creativity, or something? I just said that they are ugly. Simple as that.

You just contradicted yourself.

Anyways,
    What is the purpose of pointing out pokemon you dislike in this manner? Perhaps I should have questioned the specific comments made (*), instead of replying like I did, but if you justify them by your right for your own opinion, then what's the point of it?
    The people merely posting names/pictures don't bother me, I think "whatever, people can dislike what they want", but you did comment on them, in the way you did..

*for example: what don't you understand about Leavanny? And how is Cryogonal a wannabe Glalie? Celebi is more of a Mew clone than Meloetta is a Celebi-clone.. actually Meloetta introduced something different to the event legendaries, with how it isn't an over-cute mini fairy but more along the lines of Roserade in stature or something...

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, let's see:

1st generation
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - I've always hated Raticate. It's just disgusting me for some reason...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Too pink & round. At least Jigglypuff has big eyes, which makes it interesting. Clefairy is just a pink ball with arms, legs, a tail and a poorly design face.
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - See above.
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Okay, seriously, what is this? It's the worst of all Pokemon! Even Jynx has a better design than this...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Of course, I have to mention Jynx. While it's a great Pokemon for battles, its design is horrible!

2nd generation
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - See Clefairy.
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Okay, seriously, what is this? It doesn't evolve into anything, it has no amrs/legs, and the wings are way too small to fly with them.
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Uhm... no!

3rd generation
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Just like Clefairy, it's too pink for me. But I hate its whole evolution line.
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Fat bee/fly with nice hair? No!
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - This is just a pig's face with small arms and a pearl on the top, with a spring instead of legs. Grumpig is fine, but this isn't :\
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - I don't know, it just doesn't look like a Pokemon to me...

4th generation
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Baaah, an insect with a glorious mustache about to play its violin!
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Can't spell "Purugly" without "ugly"...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - See Clefairy...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Is this a Pokemon or a dimensional vortex?
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Its design is horrible!
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - I don't know, I just hate something about them....
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - As the OP already mentioned, giant space deer, with a completely unnecessary ring around its body...

5th generation
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - A pink ball with arms and legs... and an even pinker spot on its forehead!
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - This is also one of the most horrible designed Pokemon! A little furball with wings, a smile and a heart-shaped nose....
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - Honestly, it's just a reptile with huge pants...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - A... maid?
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - I generally dislike most object-based Pokemon, but this one is the worst...
    Pokemon "Ugly" Pageant
    - When I first saw it, it reminded me of Dunsparce. Since then I hate it!

Oh yeah, one more thing: Before I joined these forums, I thought that Lucario is overrated, but now that I've joined the forum, I think it's underrated...
    I love Lucario and his design, though it still is a weak Pokemon...

pleb

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014

GEN 1
    Voltorb & Electrode I guess aren't UGLY per se... I just don't like their design. I'm totally cool with simplistic designs but they creep me out. It's just a ball with a mean face and another ball with a smug face. I hate 'em.

No way. Voltorb's the best pokemon ever.

Back