• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Upcoming Games??!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015

These are my predictions on possible pokemon games in the future and explanation.

Pokemon Delta Emerald: Pokemon Emerald was very different from games. Pokemon Emerald has both Teams, the Battle Frontier, New Champion, New Gym Leader, and the possibility to capture all of the Eco trio. Since most of the features from Emerald people wanted didn't come like Battle Frontier which helped make the after game longer (Also if you think they will have it as DLC pokemon has never done DLC and why start now). Also Pokemon Emerald was the best selling game of 2005 and 1 of the best selling pokemon games ever why not remake that and sell that I mean you wouldn't be too smart to not do that.

Pokemon Z/Pokemon Y2 and X2: Basically to do what all other sister games were meant to do improve on the brother games and improve the legendary of the trio that didn't have its own version. In this case Zygarde needs it bad as he is 1 of the weakest legendary pokemon there is and his ability is useless against anything that isn't Yveltel or Xernaus.

Pokemon Origin: A possible Kanto Remake for the 20th anniversary of pokemon as a remake of the original generation (Basically our birthday present for Pokemon's 20th birthday). I hope this game has 1 version with Mew and Mewtwo on cover and the story has more to do with them. Also Kanto is mentioned a lot in ORAS like Hoenn in X and Y

Pokemon Shining Pearl and Coarse Diamond: Remakes of 4th gen than need to happen. What want an explanation? Ok. Makes since as it next gen that has yet to be remade. ORAS hints to it and it just deserves one.

7th Gen game: Its going to happen. Nuff said.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I would personally like to see 7th gen next. I'd hate for Game Freak to rush 7th gen, but I want something new!! If we don't get 7th gen next then I'd take a Pokemon Z. If it's anything like Black 2 & White 2 I'll be content!

Years
  • These are my predictions on possible pokemon games in the future and explanation.

Pokemon Delta Emerald: Pokemon Emerald was very different from games. Pokemon Emerald has both Teams, the Battle Frontier, New Champion, New Gym Leader, and the possibility to capture all of the Eco trio. Since most of the features from Emerald people wanted didn't come like Battle Frontier which helped make the after game longer (Also if you think they will have it as DLC pokemon has never done DLC and why start now). Also Pokemon Emerald was the best selling game of 2005 and 1 of the best selling pokemon games ever why not remake that and sell that I mean you wouldn't be too smart to not do that.

Pokemon Z/Pokemon Y2 and X2: Basically to do what all other sister games were meant to do improve on the brother games and improve the legendary of the trio that didn't have its own version. In this case Zygarde needs it bad as he is 1 of the weakest legendary pokemon there is and his ability is useless against anything that isn't Yveltel or Xernaus.

Pokemon Origin: A possible Kanto Remake for the 20th anniversary of pokemon as a remake of the original generation (Basically our birthday present for Pokemon's 20th birthday). I hope this game has 1 version with Mew and Mewtwo on cover and the story has more to do with them. Also Kanto is mentioned a lot in ORAS like Hoenn in X and Y

Pokemon Shining Pearl and Coarse Diamond: Remakes of 4th gen than need to happen. What want an explanation? Ok. Makes since as it next gen that has yet to be remade. ORAS hints to it and it just deserves one.

Hey Kai, welcome to the PokeCommunity! I'm just letting you know that I'm moving your thread to Pokemon Gaming Central, since it deals with speculation about the games rather than the series as a whole. Hope to see you around!

MOVED.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm expecting them to be releasing a third installment (or sequel) to X and Y first and foremost, before heading over into a new generation.

They have been following this formula for a while now, as far as I could tell, and I don't believe they would be changing that any time soon. Plus, they have left a lot of unsolved mysteries in X and Y (the ghost girl, for example) for us to uncover, and I feel some of us could agree that it would be slightly disappointing for ourselves to see them remain a mystery.

As far as generation seven goes, I'm hoping them to base their region off some place such as India, if possible, or perhaps even Canada. Personally, I would prefer former, as we didn't have any region before based off an area like this; it'd be interesting.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I actually would combine delta emerald and X2 Y2. Here is what i am thinking: Pokemon XYZ and ZYX. A game where kalos gets into another war or something similar, somehow groudon, rayquazza, and kyroge awaken causing destruction. Xerneas and Yylluetal do as well, Between the war and fighting rayquazza can't stop the violence being to weak from fighting deoxys in ORAS. During this time before the war started, a new trainer began their journey and soon realizes only he can stop everything by awakening zygarde and using it's true form, Primal Reversion to save the world.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a new region based off of Africa, since that's where I live.
    Everytime I read Pokemon Z it sounds like something Dragonball related.
    Narrator : On the last episode of Pokemon Z Yamchakarp fainted again and Gokuchu started the 5 hour process of charging his Kamehameha-bolt. Will Friezatwo defeat our heros? Keep watching to find out!

Years
  • Since we got the Battle Frontier teaser in ORAS, there is a chance that we might see a remake of them with that. Or the next Kalos game might throw that in there. I've already mentioned reasonings as to why either sequels or remakes for them could end up happening, so whatever comes next i'll most certainly take it.

Years
  • I hope they add a third installment to the XY games because I found them to be quite meh, in all honesty, compared to the rest of the games. It's only right they have that final installment, as they have done this for several other generations, and there are several things that could be improved. Next, I'd want Gen VII, but I'd want it to be different to XY. Different setting, different team, different objectives. But if they were to get inspiration from another game, I'd want them to use BW for it. Afterwards, I'd want to see a Diamond and Platinum remake on 3DS. As I've mentioned in another thread, a lot of the locations in Sinnoh are beautiful. Plus, I believe there's plenty of things that can be worked on and made into something spectacular.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    I agree with a third in the line of X and Y, and think that's what is coming next. They were exploring the new 3d technology in X/Y and made it look great, but it was unfinished. In OR/AS they took the engine and focused on the details and made it look gorgeous. Now that they have the experience with the engine they gained from OR/AS, I feel like they'll go back with a 'Z' version and make the game they dreamed about for X/Y's release. Plus there's a bunch more in X/Y's story to be told with legendaries and event pokemon.

Years

• These are my predictions on possible pokemon games in the future and explanation.

1st Bold: I wouldn't count on a 3rd Hoenn remake considering we didn't get a "Mind Crystal" or Lightning Yellow/Aqua Blue when it came to the Gen 1 & 2 remakes. So, much like your comment about Delta Emerald being DLC since GF has never done DLC for a Pokemon game, the same can be said for having a actual Delta Emerald game. Why start making a 3rd remake when they didn't for the previous remakes?

Bold 2: There is always a 3rd installment in the main pokemon games of the current generation. So it would only be natural for there to be a Z or X/Y2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I don't think there will be a 2nd version of a remake as it would break the combo ;)

Am I forever alone in thinking that R/S is better than E? I didnt enjoy the changes in E especially not those they made to the contest.

The next game should be a new game , the next+1 revisit of Kanto next+3 revisit of sinnoh

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    I expect 2016 to be Gen 7. Would work well due to the 20th anniversary too. This year maybe Z? Or prequels to the war days of Kalos?

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    I agree with what you have said, and basically what all of you have said. I think realistically speaking, there are 4 reasonable next steps for Gamefreak/Nintendo/Pokemon to take:

1. Delta Emerald
    I think this may be the least likely out of the first three options, because the third game of the trio never gets a remake, plus I just can't see them doing it. It would basically be the same thing again. Others have explained why too.

2. X2 and Y2/Z
    Probably the one that makes most sense, because there is a lot of unconfirmed ideas about X and Y and they have been redoing virtually every game so far(with the exception of DPP). I can see this happening. Others have explained why too.

3. 7th Gen
    See below for more reasoning, but I can't see this happening just yet. Not only would it be A LOT more new pokemon to keep track of, but it gets to a point where there is a lot. Plus, I don't think they would make a new region just yet. Others have explained why too.

4. Done/One Final Game
    The reason I say this is because what else can they do? With 6th Gen, they brought in 70 actual new pokemon, and even more new ones in the forms of megas - there are so many, I believe over 700 pokemon to keep track of. That's a lot, especially if this is targeted at younger kids/teenagers. I don't know what any other legendaries could be based off of, as basically all the existing ones all link together to form how the Pokemon universe was born. Every good series comes to an end, and as much as I dont wanna see this one come to an end, I think one final huge game will be sometime in the future. I don't know if it's next up, per se, but with the 20th anniversary coming up soon, and not much else to explain in the world, someone needs to convince me why this isn't an option.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    All I know about the future, is that I'm fully expecting a new game this year. ORAS don't have enough pull to last another year or so, unless DLC was released mid-year. That's the reason (I think) they usually had a two year (give or take a few months) gap between the first game of a generation and the next, because the first games have enough changes/new things to warrant a big gap between the first and the second installments of the generation. ORAS don't have that (I actually got tired of it in like mid-December if not earlier) so they'll probably launch something in the fall again.

That is, like I said, if they don't do a DLC for ORAS which adds a bunch of things. I'm expecting a new game announcement in the Spring/early Summer with release in the Fall. Either Z/X2Y2 or whatever you want to call it. Plus, someone from GameFreak (I think it was Masuda) has said they've managed to streamline their production process so making games is easier/quicker, and somewhere else I'm sure they said something about annual releases (or suggesting so).

I expect them to continue formula. Third version/Sequels this year with a twist (not sure what but I expect it) with the 7th generation coming 2016 or 2017 if they do something surprising with the franchise.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm actually starting to doubt that Z will be made...mostly as XY force us to capture the legendary, something that happened only in BW (OrAs didn't do that with the mascots and neither did B2W2 with Kyurem) and those got sequels. But I do want it to happen. Since OrAs code is said to have data to trade to two other games (not XY or themselves) one can be Z and the other Delta Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Here's how I see the rest of the decade probably happening:

2015: Last Kalos game (most likely a prequel or sequel)
    2016: Either Gen 1 remakes or first Gen 7 games (released for New 3DS)
    2017: Whatever didn't happen in 2016
    2018: Last Gen 7 games; Gen 1 remakes if they didn't happen in 2016-17
    2019: First Gen 8 games (released for 3DS' successor)

Now, here's what I want (but won't necessarily happen):

2015: XY prequels (which take place at the same time as ORAS)
    2016: First Gen 7 games (released for New 3DS)
    2017: Gen 7 sequels/prequels/Third Version (last one could serve as a remake hint for...)
    2018: Yellow and Crystal remakes released as a prequel/sequel pair
    2019: First Gen 8 games (released for 3DS' successor)

Years
  • I'm actually starting to doubt that Z will be made...mostly as XY force us to capture the legendary, something that happened only in BW (OrAs didn't do that with the mascots and neither did B2W2 with Kyurem) and those got sequels. But I do want it to happen. Since OrAs code is said to have data to trade to two other games (not XY or themselves) one can be Z and the other Delta Emerald.

Well the difference with that was that Zekrom or Reshiram had to be captured because they were meant to be used against each other while N has one, whereas in XY you're catching the legendary to save it from Team Flare. And since Zygarde's ability is one that reverses that of Xerneas and Yveltal, that does give me an inkling that Z could be made.

My opinion on this matter isn't set, I have a handful of reasons as to why either could happen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well the difference with that was that Zekrom or Reshiram had to be captured because they were meant to be used against each other while N has one, whereas in XY you're catching the legendary to save it from Team Flare. And since Zygarde's ability is one that reverses that of Xerneas and Yveltal, that does give me an inkling that Z could be made.

My opinion on this matter isn't set, I have a handful of reasons as to why either could happen.
    That's a good point. Plus it's not like Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde were once one like how Kyurem and the other two were. I hope for an Emerald like plot with the same level of post game additions and increased difficulty it had in comparison to the original pair.

I expect this:
    2015: No game unless Zygarde appears in Hoopa's movie to promote it's own game. Perhaps Delta Emerald or DLC.
    2016: Z and Delta Emerald unless if what I mentioned happens
    2017: Gen VII starts
    2018: Gen VII third version
    2019: DP remakes or Kanto/Johto remakes
    2020: the one that didn't happen in 2019.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • I'm not sure, I really wanted a Yellow remake where Pikachu follows you but I'm not sure that's going to happen...

Let's not forget that 2 games have already been announced:
    Pokken Tournament
    Pikachu Detective Game

These are just spin-offs but It might become a series later on.

Last edited:
    Back