• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
No problem JV. I'll do anything to help the Community.
Hehe, thx anyays.

Good work with the game!!!!!!!!
Thank you mate ;].

Hey! I've just finished the demo, and it has exceeded my expectations completely! (and these were really high)
I've ended with a flaafy (lvl 15), a baashaun (lvl 15), a owten (lvl 16), a barewl (lvl 16), an orchynx (lvl 15)and a terlaro (lvl 22).

Some bugs:
1) when you go to "summary" of a pokemon and change moves, the regular (the not green one) summary screen appears.

2) after you fought terlard, got through the tunnel and have spoken to the hiker, when you go back in the tunnel you come back in the tunnel, but not were you were first. it is also not possible to return to said cave, because of the boulders that terlard has trhown (in the sequence behind you, but after the glitch before you)

I'll try to make a screenshot of that one.

3a) when you go to the second floor of the tunnel (same floor as terlard) you don't have double team fights anymore (its disabled too when you go back down)
3b) the "heal your pokemon script" is gone too, on the same way

4)not really a bug, but will you complete the nestcard in the pokedex? it shows the card, but without information about the whereabouts of the pokemon.

Once again, it was really fun to play.

Great! It looks like you was the first one to tell me that, and I'm really happy! I'll check all those bugs and some them were already corrected, thanks for your report again! Look out for a possible contest involving the demo.

I'm really happy that this project is developing so good;) Unfortunately I don't have time to play this demo, I think I will just wait for the final version;)

Well, it will still take some time to get there, thanks anyways.

I'm planning to make small contests related to the demo to give you guys some real fun and also get more attetion to this thread. They will be mostly related to the top trainer cards, top teams etc... If any of you has any suggestion, please post it here! Also, keep reporting on your adventures in Tandor xD.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Just found a little problem probably not a biggey but anyway when changing window themes in options when going onto the fourth one you are presented with a error message saying:
Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Section059:365:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Windowskins/skin4.png
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
SpriteWindow:1514:in `update'
PokemonOption:300:in `pbOptions'
PokemonOption:297:in `loop'
PokemonOption:308:in `pbOptions'
PokemonOption:328:in `pbStartScreen'
Pokemon Load*****:396:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Pokemon Load*****:396:in `pbFadeOutIn'
Pokemon Load*****:296:in `loop'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Game_Event*:234:in `update'
Game_Map*:309:in `update'
Game_Map*:307:in `each'
Game_Map*:307:in `update'
Using my o so little knowledge of pokemon essentials i am deducing that you accidentaly left out a window skin?

EDIT: Just was playing a little more and After having a wild battle with a grozard in cave one. The music now goes at double speed!

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Just found a little problem probably not a biggey but anyway when changing window themes in options when going onto the fourth one you are presented with a error message saying:
Code:
Section059:365:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Windowskins/skin4.png

Using my o so little knowledge of pokemon essentials i am deducing that you accidentaly left out a window skin?

EDIT: Just was playing a little more and After having a wild battle with a grozard in cave one. The music now goes at double speed!

Yes, I missed a few windowskins graphics. Well, there is more than one default wild battle music, maybe it's another one?

Well, guys, I'm planning out the competition and also working more in the game. Much more content has been added since the beta release! Here is a preview of what's to come ;]:

343l02c.png

34zaty1.png

(Zeph made the ows and the tiles)
Btw, I'm almost finished updating the game first post! Cya~

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
One big question: Will Pajar be catchable, and if he is catchable, when would that be?

I wove PAJAR ^^

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Erm, I've found an error. I'm no expert so I don't know what this means or if it's supposed to happen, but I'm pretty certain it's not supposed to happen. Anyway, every time I try to save, I get this error;

---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
(eval):8:in `pbExecuteScript'unexpected break
Interpreter:1623:in `eval'
Game_CommonEvent:67:in `update'
Game_Map*:313:in `update'

Interpreter:254:in `pbExecuteScript'
Game_Map*:312:in `each'
Game_Map*:312:in `update'

If it helps, I tried to save near the lab in Moki Town, before getting my first Pokémon.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
One big question: Will Pajar be catchable, and if he is catchable, when would that be?

I wove PAJAR ^^

Lol, you can get one by evolving your Palij into one...

Erm, I've found an error. I'm no expert so I don't know what this means or if it's supposed to happen, but I'm pretty certain it's not supposed to happen. Anyway, every time I try to save, I get this error;

Pokemon Uranium
(eval):8:in `pbExecuteScript'unexpected break
Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:254:in `pbExecuteScript'
Game_Map*:312:in `each'
Game_Map*:312:in `update'

If it helps, I tried to save near the lab in Moki Town, before getting my first Pokémon.

Thats a bug with my essentials version for when you save before getting your first pokémon, you can load the game normally though...

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
~The Best Team Contest~

Well, finally I decided to post about that contest I promised you. I am making it to the comemorate the 500 downloads mark of the game, and also to get more attention =p, it's really simple, and no one will have any problem in participating!

-How to get in:

All you need to do is to play the demo, get as far as you can and post the screen of your team in here.

-Who wins:

It's kinda obvious, it's the person with the average best team ;] (and nicknames!).

-The prize:

Well, I'm still not sure about this, but I'll probably show some exclusive update to the winner, play on the next gameplay video using the person team and also post his name in the main post, cool isn't it?

So as you see it's pretty simple and there is no excuse to not get in xD. Good luck! By the way, expect a gameplay video soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Spoiler:

I swear I didn't cheat or anything! Action Replay? What's that? :P

Do I win?

walasaka

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Hey there!

This game looks really good. Unfortunately, it crashed as I entered the grass for the first time and got into my first battle :((

for what it's worth, here's the error log

Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
PokemonField:223:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:418:in `pbWildBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:760:in `eval'
Interpreter:760:in `command_111'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

I'll try again later, right now I don't have time. Oh, there is one suggestion I would make - would it be possible to put in some sort of speedboost (like VBA) for the impatient among us?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Spoiler:

I swear I didn't cheat or anything! Action Replay? What's that? :P

Do I win?

Oh no D=!, a haxxor desencryptor. You're disqualified Wichu, but I shall give you a consolation prize lol.

WTF!? lol funny....lmao!!!

You should participate too xD.

Hey there!

This game looks really good. Unfortunately, it crashed as I entered the grass for the first time and got into my first battle :((

for what it's worth, here's the error log

Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
PokemonField:223:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:418:in `pbWildBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:760:in `eval'
Interpreter:760:in `command_111'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

I'll try again later, right now I don't have time. Oh, there is one suggestion I would make - would it be possible to put in some sort of speedboost (like VBA) for the impatient among us?

Well, the problem isn't of the game, but from your pc, as far as I can see, it looks like it's too slow, try playing again and see what happens, by the way, I'll think about your suggestion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You don't need to decrypt the game to hack Pokémon. As I don't think you've edited the save file system, I could simply take the save from Uranium, copy it to the Essentials folder, and use debug mode to make all my Pokémon level 100 before copying it back to Uranium's folder. Even if you changed the order in which the data is stored, the way RGSS's serializing system works means it's easy to load everything with a Ruby script and locate and change the data in the save.

Alternatively, I could have used a hacked Game.exe file to start the game in debug mode without decrypting it. This is easy to fix; just add $DEBUG=false somewhere in your scripts to turn the debug flag off even if I somehow turned it on.

Years
Wow.. I can't believe I've overlooked this thread so many times.. I really like your story man and I had a similar system for the trainer test which decides your starter a few years back. Really liked the interfaces, especially your idea for the pokepod lol. I'll have to come back to this one after I've tried the demo.
just add $DEBUG=false somewhere in your scripts to turn the debug flag off even if I somehow turned it on.
The intro/title scene would be the ideal place for that.. But why would you want to go and spoil someone's fun if they figured out how to do that? They are only making the game unchallanging for themselves anyway..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
I downloaded the game i trying to open it and then nothing happens What should I do??

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
You don't need to decrypt the game to hack Pokémon. As I don't think you've edited the save file system, I could simply take the save from Uranium, copy it to the Essentials folder, and use debug mode to make all my Pokémon level 100 before copying it back to Uranium's folder. Even if you changed the order in which the data is stored, the way RGSS's serializing system works means it's easy to load everything with a Ruby script and locate and change the data in the save.

Alternatively, I could have used a hacked Game.exe file to start the game in debug mode without decrypting it. This is easy to fix; just add $DEBUG=false somewhere in your scripts to turn the debug flag off even if I somehow turned it on.
Well, nver thought of that... actually I did, but I thought there would be incompability beacause I already changed many scripts and also the included many switches and variables etc =p.

Wow.. I can't believe I've overlooked this thread so many times.. I really like your story man and I had a similar system for the trainer test which decides your starter a few years back. Really liked the interfaces, especially your idea for the pokepod lol. I'll have to come back to this one after I've tried the demo.

The intro/title scene would be the ideal place for that.. But why would you want to go and spoil someone's fun if they figured out how to do that? They are only making the game unchallanging for themselves anyway..

Somehow many people overlooks Uranium ¬¬, Well I don't know if I'll allow or not people to cheat on the game, if, in the future, I add some kind of online battling, then no, I won't allow that. BTW, have fun with the demo, and be sure to report any bugs to me xD.

I downloaded the game i trying to open it and then nothing happens What should I do??

Well, maybe you're using Vista and you're having compability issues, try runnin it under Windos XP(sp2) compability mode.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
Years
The demo was good, I admit. It can be played, and it flows quite well.

Yet, while I still haven't reached the second town, I already got unreal amounts of critique and suggestions that would be worth to fix and implement.. Many of them being small but essential stuff, such as grammar errors, events, attack effects, lag, the menu screen, and beyond.

I'll get to post them later.

(If this was GM, I could help you fix all this and more..)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The demo was good, I admit. It can be played, and it flows quite well.

Yet, while I still haven't reached the second town, I already got unreal amounts of critique and suggestions that would be worth to fix and implement.. Many of them being small but essential stuff, such as grammar errors, events, attack effects, lag, the menu screen, and beyond.

I'll get to post them later.

(If this was GM, I could help you fix all this and more..)

Well, I guess thats expected from a Beta anyways, and I'm glad you think it's good, I'm interested in knowing which are these errors, so that way them can be repaired. (by the way, the lag can be solved by turning to low the graphic option in the options menu.)

Anyway, the next update will be the update of the Tandor's pokédex, there is a buch of new pokémon for you all to see, however, I don't know if I'll be showing the evolutions, since big part of the fun of a new "generation" pokémon game is to find out how the new pokémon look, so I want yours opinions on the subject.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I got this error when changing the frame in the options on the start menu.

Pokemon Uranium

I guess it either couldn't find the file for the fourth frame, or it was unable to load it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back