• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Valde Bellum (Rated T - see inside)

The Pinkie Pie

Party Rocker Pony/Trainer
Years
  • Click!

It stopped, causing Benjamin to smile and Lelantos to let out a sigh of relief. They had done it. They had stopped the pack leader from doing any more harm here. Picking up the Pokeball, Benjamin stored it in his backpack, perfectly content with not letting the aggressive beast out ever again. He then remembered about people trading Pokemon. Maybe he could trade it? It was certainly powerful. That would at least cause SOME interest.

A yawn caused Benjamin to snap out of it as he turned back to Lelantos, who looked absolutely beat. Nothing some good rest couldn't take care of. Smiling at the puppy, Benjamin picked the Lillipup back up and got back on the lower branch. Loki, surprisingly, was still asleep, snoring just as loud as before. Paying him no mind, Benjamin just hugged Lelantos.

"You did amazing tonight. Keep it up, and no one will be able to defeat you," sadi Benjamin, honestly speaking his mind as Lelantos smiled at him. After the smile, he almost immediately went to sleep, with Benjamin following soon afterwards.

*skip skip skip*

The morning sun rose up, only to show Benjamin preparing some food. He had woken RIGHT before sunrise, having been use to waking up at the time. With the food ready, as well as some water, Benjamin let out a loud whistle. Instantly, Lelantos and Loki were in front of him. They had woken up a while ago and had just been training some. Nothing serious.

"(Awesome! I'm famished!)" said Loki enthusiastically as he dug in while Lelantos did the same. Benjamin was eating some of the canned food as well, being sure to ration the food as best as he could. With a sip of water, he decided to just lean back and relax a bit. They could probably take their time today.

(OOC: Nothing like my usual work, I know, but I decided that I earned a breather post. Next post will be better! Oh yeah, and Royal, I'm ready for whatever.)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Chapter One: Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
    Extension of Routes

Depending on how long you want to be in the route, you can have as many posts (with a maximum of 4) to train/capture Pokemon here before continuing on to the next location. But you may not want to use all your Pokeballs on this route because there are other Pokemon to be found in other locations in this route. Great battling posts can also result in your Pokemon leveling up faster, and the rarer a Pokemon is, the harder it will be to capture and defeat.

If you are not familiar with trying to capture a Pokemon, you have to end your post with the Pokeball shaking after the Pokemon is transferred inside. Depending on how your battle with said Pokemon goes, I will say whether your catch was successful or not and what level it will be, because some vary.

Happy traveling!

Extension of Route 4:

The field seems to close in, bunches of trees, too thick to get through, paving your way. The sun is still strong overhead. You may choose to rest, but that is up to you. As you travel, you are suddenly attacked by someone behind you, and it is an Acies grunt. And she wants your Pokemon. Either hand over your Pokemon or battle her.

Acies Grunt
    Team (used in order):

#269 Dustox
    Bug/Poison
    Moves: Confusion, Gust, Protect

#120 Staryu
    Water
    Moves: Tackle, Rapid Spin, Water Gun

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Mask
    Route 1 – Day 1 – Part 3

Mask's breath caught in her throat as she stared into the darkness of the tree. It seemed as if a hundred eyes were staring back at her. In truth, it was only ten pairs of eyes, but Mask's vision was blurry and accuracy wasn't her main focus at the moment. Is this what death looks like? The thought was laced with disappointment. Mask had always hoped that the end would involve more sunshine and less creepy eyes in the darkness. What did you think it would be like you silly girl. Rainbows and butterflies are for those whose lives were not wasted on their own selfishness. The thought came thick and dark as if the eyes were speaking too her. Mask didn't like the tone they were taking with her. It is called survival. And I have helped plenty of people. Everyone I've targeted over the years deserved to pay. Pay who? You? And why did you deserve their riches? Why did you deserve the pleasure of removing their power? You know what happens when you leave, don't you? You know what happens to the people of the towns you 'help'? Mask's vision cleared as the eyes began to move in the darkness.

An angry cry ripped Mask's focus away from the tree and back to her more immediate problem. The Skarmory pinning her to the tree was irritated, in pain, and done playing games. The avian pokémon lifted its head to finish the job. A flash of brown darted down the Skarmory's face from the left then quickly shot back across in the opposite direction. Without slowing down, the brown blur altered its path once more and shot straight across the Skarmory's neck before disappearing from Mask's line of slight. The large pokémon released a painful cry and loosened its grip on Mask. A second brown flash unleashed two more strikes before also disappearing. The Skarmory completely released its grasp on Mask and shook its head trying to rid itself of the pain. Mask's body was aching all over, but a wave of relief flooded over her when she felt a movement near her chest. At least the newly named Serenity was safe. Maybe there was still hope after all.

The large avian pokémon had recovered from the surprise attack, and its body was tensed with anticipation. The Skarmory's angry eyes darted back and forth in an attempt to spot its attacker. Two brown flashes shot one after the other out of the tree, making a straight line for the Skarmory. The first flash altered its direction right before reaching the large pokémon, dodging the Skarmory's beak and striking twice at its left leg. The second flash went high and right and was not so lucky. The Skarmory recovered quickly from its first miss and brought its head to the right in an arc with surprising speed. A powerful beak smashed into the top of the brown flash, sending it straight into the ground. Two bounces later, the defeated attacker lay unmoving in the grass. "Spearow."

Mask's vast knowledge of avian pokémon had become quite useful as of late. The young trainer was still amazed she remembered as much as she did. An Acies officer known as the Aviator had come to Mask's attention about a year ago. The man thoroughly enjoyed talking about flying-type pokémon. In fact, he would only talk to someone if they could answer ten questions of his choice about flying-type pokémon. It had taken Mask a month before she was confident enough to take the test. Seeing the Aviator lose his powerful position made all the studying worth it. That and a few choice valuables the man no longer needed. No need to let nice things go to waste. That was a different time though. Mask needed to focus.

A pack of Spearow must have been resting in the tree. The odds of something like that happening were as good as tripping over two Geodudes and stumbling upon a Skarmory nest. Maybe I should take up gambling, Mask thought as she tried to lift herself off the ground. A shooting pain in her right shoulder sent her back to the ground. Upon closer inspection, Mask noticed two shards of wood imbedded into her shoulder. She nearly passed out removing them from her skin. As long as the pack of Spearow focused their anger on the Skarmory, Mask was in the clear. That didn't mean she could take her time though. Spearow were fickle creatures when it came to their frustration. The second attempt to stand went as well as the first. Mask relaxed her body for a moment and watched the battle in front of her play out.

The Skarmory was easily stronger than any single one of the Spearow. In fact, the Skarmory was probably stronger than three or four of the smaller pokémon combined. The Spearow were smaller targets and had numbers on their side. They also had the advantage of the Skarmory already being injured from its battle with Serenity and the two Geodudes. That didn't make the large pokémon any less dangerous though. Three of the ten attacking Spearow lay fainted in different places around the Skarmory while another was hopping away with an injured wing. The remaining six were alternating strikes on the large pokémon while trying to avoid its powerful beak. Even with its steel skin the Skarmory was slowly loosing the battle. With each strike from one of the Spearow, the large avian pokémon was pushed backwards. Mask was running out of time. Right as she was about to attempt to stand again, she felt a familiar weight on her shoulder. Mask turned to meet the stare of Serenity. For the first time since being released from her pokéball, the Natu broke the stare first.

The small bird pokémon turned its head towards the battle and stopped moving. The act left Mask more than slightly confused. A sharp cry alerted Mask that another Spearow had feinted. A lounder cry a second later told her that the Skarmory had paid for its attack. "What are you staring at girl?" The Natu shook its tiny wings and made a determined chirp. It almost seemed as if she wanted to fight. "We are not going to fight, Sweetie. Just let them deal with their own mess, and we can get out of here. I'm not putting you into any danger." Mask ended the sentence a bit harsher than intended, but refused to address it any further. She started to stand when a sharp peck to her neck dropped her back done. Oww! Mask shouted, more in shock that in pain. Why did you do… Mask paused when she looked into the Natu's eyes. There was a determination there that Mask had not seen before. Serenity turned her head once more and pecked into the air as if she was trying to point. Mask followed Serenity's eyes and noticed that they were actually looking at the brier nest that sat slightly to the left of the battle. Emerging from the thorns and briers were three or four baby Skarmory. The sight caused a sigh to escape from Mask's lips. "Baby, are you sure about this?" When the Natu didn't move, Mask knew what she needed to do. "Fine, but when it turns its beak on us, I'm going to blame you." Pushing herself up once more, Mask grimaced but made it too her feet. Taking a deep breath, she started walking towards the battle.

Things were going down hill quickly for the Skarmory. The five remaining Spearow were in complete control of the battle. Injuries and pain had slowed the Skarmory enough to remove any chance of it connecting with any of its attacks. Sensing that it was in trouble, the large pokémon attempted to take flight. Smart plan, but too late. Skarmory are superior fliers to Spearow in nearly all facets. The silly bird should have gotten the fight to the skies at the beginning. The Spearow seemed to know this as well. Before the Skarmory was even a foot off the ground, three of the angry pokémon attacked at once. One went for the face while the other two unleashed a serious of six strikes on the Skarmory's right wing. The large pokémon cried in pain and returned to the ground with a far than graceful landing. The battle was not going to last much longer. Thankfully, the Spearow were completely focus on the Skarmory giving Mask the element of surprise.

Sensing the Skarmory's exhaustion, one of the Spearow darted in to finish the large pokémon off. Mask saw her opportunity and took it. Serenity, hit the attacking Spearow with Night Shade!" The Natu fluttered off Mask's shoulder and projected a frightening image forward. The attack connected with the Spearow right before it reached its target. The rough feathered pokémon veered off course and began thrashing wildly in the air. The injured Skarmory took the chance to send the pokémon to the ground with a vicious strike from its beak. The remaining four Spearow fluttered in the air in confusion. Two of them took notice for Mask and Serenity and turned to face them. One of the two was foolishly within striking range of the Skarmory. It joined its brethren on the ground. The remaining three acted quickly. The first two shot in opposite directions around the Skarmory before striking simultaneously at its back. Pain and exhaustion finally won out as the large pokémon collapsed to the ground with one final cry. Satisfied with themselves, the two Spearow departed quickly into the distance. The final Spearow had other plans. Those plans involved the small Natu that was fluttering into the hands of Mask.

As the Spearow flashed towards them, Mask quickly settled on the best plan she could think of at the moment. As the Spearow drew closer, She gave the command. "Don't be intimidated Serenity, stare it down with a Leer." The Spearow didn't slow down, but Mask saw it waver for a second before regaining its composure. The easy part of the plan was over, now things got tricky. The Spearow was only moments away from connecting with its attack when Mask launched Serenity toward it. The slight elevation in the throw allowed the Natu to just clear the top of the Spearow. "Now Serenity! Peck in the back!" The small Natu dug her beak into the back of the Spearow with as much force was she could manage. The angry avian pokémon dipped sharply and slammed into the ground. Mask hopped over the pokémon as it slid past her and ran to catch Serenity as she fluttered towards the ground. Scooping the Natu in her hands, Mask quickly turned around to face their opponent, which had just slid to a stop. Without giving the Spearow time to recover, the young trainer gave one last command. Serenity, finish it off with a Night Shade! The Natu chirp once before launching the attack. The Spearow thrashed about for a moment before finally falling weakly to the ground.

An eerie calm settled over the area as Mask tensely searched for any remaining threats. It took several moments and three complete turns before she realized that the battle was over. We did it? Doubt laced the thought as Mask tried to convince herself that it wasn't possible. Serenity had climbed her way back onto Mask shoulder and was chirping away happily. We did it! Grabbing the Natu from her shoulder, Mask launch the pokémon into the air with a joyful shout. Serenity chirped happily as she floated down to the shoulder of her dancing master. It was a few more moments before Mask realized the true weight of the situation. With a smile on her face, Mask turned towards the Skarmory. The defeated pokémon was still trying to drag itself back to its nest. Mask had no intention of letting it reach its destination. "Too the victor go the spoils." Reaching into her bag, the young trainer grabbed one of the empty pokéballs and started towards her pray. She had only taken three steps when a beak dug sharply into her shoulder. "What is it now, Serenity? And could you please find another way of gaining my attention?

The small Natu was once again staring as the nest of briers to the left of the Skarmory. A total of 4 baby Skarmory had claimed out of the nest. The small pokémon were making what appeared to be concerned cries towards the injured Skarmory. Mask sensed what the Natu was trying to say and completely disagreed. "No, no, no. You cannot expect me to give up an opportunity like this, Serenity. You saw that thing in battle. It held its own against a flock of Spearow. Can you image what it would do to an enemy pokémon in single battle? We need it on our team." The Natu seemed unimpressed by her words and pecked Mask on the shoulder again before pecking in the air at the baby Skarmory. Mask was becoming slightly frustrated. What? Do you expect me to just let every pokémon that has a family go? I have some troubling news for you, Sweetie: nearly every pokémon were are going to come across in the wild will have family. Should I just not catch another pokémon?" The Natu stared silently at the baby Skarmory without any intention of moving. Mask took a deep breath before continuing in a sweeter tone. "Sweetie, I understand how you feel, but we are at war. We are trying to overthrow an entire organization that has ripped pokémon from their trainers and has executed who knows how many people. That Skarmory could help us turn the tides. This needs to be done.[/color]

Mask was done talking. The Skarmory belonged to her. Taking a deep breath, Mask took one last look at her pray. The large avian pokémon didn't even register her presence. The large Skarmory just continued to desperately claw at the ground as it moved closer and closer to its nest and children. Its only desire was to get back to its loved ones. Mask prepared to throw the pokeball but stopped with her arm fully cocked. Put on the mask and throw the ball. Put on the mask and throw the ball… As Mask brought her arm forward, a memory flash threw her mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had been sitting on the bench for some time waiting for her target. The man visited the park every other day with his family. Mask looked over the photos once more before putting them in the envelope. Blackmail had never been her favorite tool, but it got the job done. This time was different though. The photos were fake. A professional would be able to tell after some studying…a wife however… The plan was simple, threaten to show the wife a couple of pictures. In exchange for silence, Mask would only request a bit of information. Whether he told the truth did not matter. The job was to humiliate him and ruin his life. The wife would see the pictures regardless. Mask just wanted to string him along. Nearby, a guitarist was strumming a melody and singing a slow, melancholy song. Mask had not been paying attention but picked up the words as she spotted her target.

So I chased the wind to where the stars were hung.
    I sang them songs, till they all were sung.
    I drank of this world, to get my fill.
    I wet my tongue, but I'm thirsty.

Oh, what will let my heart run free?
    Loose these fetters inside of me?
    Heaven knows, Lord I cannot see.

Something about the words of the song and watching her target laugh and play with his family froze Mask in place. It was her first job left unfinished.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mask stared blankly at the pokéball that lay at her feet. Without a word to Serenity or another look at the Skarmory, The fire-eyed trainer snatched the pokeball up and marched towards her new target. The Spearow was still desperately trying to get itself off the ground when Mask knelt beside it. "You are a fighter. That is good. You are going to need that." Mask was unsurprised to have the Spearow growl at her and attempt to scratch her. "You do not like me? That is good too. I do not want or need your friendship. The Natu on my shoulder has that part covered." The Spearow's eyes glowed red with anger as it leered at Mask. "You are angry. That is even better. That is the part of you I want. The people I am fighting, they do not deserve sympathy." The Spearow flapped its weakened wings defiantly. Even in its defeat, it refused to be humbled. There was a reason Mask chose this Spearow over the rest. "Look around, Honey," she cooed sweetly as she gestured around the area. "I could have picked any of the Spearow laying around here. I am sure they would be grateful to have me as a trainer. But I am not talking to them. Do you know why? Because they have already given up and will do whatever I say. You on the other hand are going to fight me. And when you do accept me as your trainer, we will both be stronger because of it." With nothing else to say, Mask tossed an empty pokémon at the Spearow and watched as it shook. Scratching Serenity under her beak, Mask gave the Natu an amused look. "Much better than a super powered Skarmory, don't you think?

OOC: It is finished. So I lied about the second part not being as long. Just kind of turned out that way. So do I get experience of the Skarmory defeating everything, haha.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Nate_Dawg: That was another very good post. Experience is given based on how well posts are. xD

Mask caught a Male Spearow!
    Details have been uploaded in the OOC thread.

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • "I know every engineer on every train. All of their children, and all of their names. And every handout in every town. And every lock that ain't locked, when no one's around~" sang Benjamin as he walked down the path with Loki and Lelantos, who were staring at him like he was crazy. Yeah, he was singing, but it wasn't that great.

Finally noticing the looks from his Pokemon, Benjamin stopped in embarassment, rubbing the back of his head. They had been walking ever since they ate breakfast, and Benjamin was bored. No Pokemon has come up to bother them, which was odd, and it was awfully quiet here compared to yesterday. Heck, Loki had only pranked Lelantos and Benjamin once today! He had stopped though once the path became narrow, more and more trees appearing along the path.

However, Benjamin didn't feel right. Someone, or something, was watching him and his partners, and it caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand up. Lelantos seemed to notcie it too, as Benjamin had noted the puppy stopping and looking back, sniffing the air and moving his ears around as he did so each time. Loki didn't seem to notice really. He was in a really good mood today it seemed.

"Arf!"

Lelantos had stopped again, barking up a tree. After every time he barked, he would growl loudly, baring his fangs. Something wasn't right as Benjamin walked up to the tree, seeing a purple moth-like Pokemon with green wings, staring at Lelantos, Loki, and Benjamin. Benjamin recognized the Pokemon, but only barely. He had read about it. It was a Bug- and Poison-type Pokemon native to Hoenn.

"It's a Dustox," said Benjamin, sorta worried. While it isn't rare to find Dustox in the wild, it certainly isn't common either. This was too much of a coincidence for Benjamin's taste, as he hadn't even seen a Wurmple since he came here. Someone was here with them. A trainer...

SMACK!

Benjamin fell to the ground as Lelantos and Loki got in front of him, protecting him from whatever just knocked him in the back. Seeing the culprit, both of them growled at her. The girl wasn't that tall at all. In fact, she was rather slender, as her red and black uniform showed, but she had strength. She had to have some strength in order to knock the tall Benjamin down.

"Ouch..." said Benjamin as he turned over to his back slowly. That kick hurt, but he was able to stand up. When he finally noticed the young woman in the red and black uniform, his face showed fear for a brief-second before showing anger. This was a member of the Acies, and Benjamin knew what she wanted.

"Hmph!" began the girl, her voice a clear soprano. "Not many can get up from one of my drop-kicks. I didn't hurt you too badly, did I?"

Benjamin didn't like her tone at all. She sounded like she thought she was superior to him, and she should be thankful. If she had been a guy, Benjamin would have knocked her out already, but alas, Arceus had decided for this evil person to be born a girl. Curses.

"Either way, I could care less. Now then, if you would kindly hand over your Pokemon, I will just leave. If not-" The Dustox suddenly flew up from the tree and landed on the Acies grunt's left shoulder. Benjamin just raised an eyebrow. He was right about that Dustox. Nonetheless, he didn't care now as he suddenly smirked. "-then I'll have to take your Pokemon with force."

"Yeah yeah... You see, that's not happening. You people have already taken two of my best friends. You will NOT be getting these friends that I have just made," said Benjamin, his normal, happy tone being replaced with one that sounded angry and stand-offish. After he said that, the two people didn't move for a while as the Pokemon stared at their trainers...

Suddenly, the Acies grunt did multiple back-flips while Benjamin jumped back, taking out a Pokeball as he did so. Loki wouldn't do well against Dustox, but Lelantos would have a shot.

"Loki, return!"

A red light shot from the Pokeball, enveloping the Bulbasaur and bringing him back to his Pokeball.

"Dustox, use Gust on that worthless puppy!"

"Lelantos, dodge and use Tackle!"

The Dustox flew up and began repeatedly flapping its wings, sending a great wind at Lelantos, who jumped to the side before the attack could hit and jumped into the air, tackling the Dustox to the ground. Smiling at this, Benjamin got cocky and decided to have Lelantos go ahead and try to finish this battle.

"Lelantos, Bite its wing and finish it!"

"Use Protect Dustox!" shouted the Acies grunt, her tone still sounding superior as a blue aura suddenly surrounded the Dustox, causing Lelantos's mouth to simply bounce off, launching the puppy off of the moth. Benjamin became surprised by this, but before he could issue another command, the Acies grunt was just that much quicker.

"Fly back up and blast it with Confusion!"

The Dustox's eyes glowed red as it made eye contact with Lelantos. Almost immediately, the puppy began whimpering, having gained a headache from you-know-where. The Acies grunt then began laughing as she noticed the look on Benjamin's face, which was pure worry.

"Oh please! You care for that pathetic thing? Pokemon are merely weapons for people to use. Just so happens my weapons are that much better than yours, especially when compared to that weak Lillipup."

Benjamin just looked up at her, clenching his fists in anger. How dare she call his partner a weapon?! They weren't weapons at all!

"You're wrong! Lelantos, snap out of it and use Tackle!" shouted Benjamin, causing Lelantos to finally stop whimpering as he jumped up to a tree and then jumped into the Dustox, once again taking it to the ground.

"Huh... Maybe I was too quick to judge your Lillipup. It has potential," said the Acies grunt, actually sounding impressed. Benjamin smirked at this. "Maybe I'll keep him and make him into the ultimate battle slave," added the girl. Benjamin, at this point, become even angrier with this Acies grunt.

"Just who in the blue hell does she think she is?" thought Benjamin, clenching his teeth now. "Lelantos, Tackle!"

"Dustox, use Protect, followed up with another Confusion," said the grunt again, sounding as if bored this time around. Benjamin silently cursed at himself, realizing his emotions were getting the better of him as Lelantos bounced off of the blue aura again and suddenly fell on his side, whimpering loudly as his head was assaulted by the psychic energy coming from Dustox.

"Man oh man... Lelantos won't be able to take another Confusion like that. Heck, I don't think it'll be able to take even a Gust attack at this point... Wait..." thought Benjamin, noticing that the Dustox was making eye contact with Lelantos while using Confusion. What Benjamin thought just then hit him like a ton of bricks as he slapped his forehead with his right hand. "Of course! I've been an idiot!"

"Lelantos! You can do it buddy! Get up!" said Benjamin, losing the angry tone, sounding solely confident now as Lelantos got up one more time, obviously weakened. He was tired, but he wasn't gonna give up.

"Lelantos, I want you to use Bite this time! Let's finish this!" shouted Benjamin as Lelantos jumped into the air again, ready to latch its jaws on to the moth Pokemon. The Acies grunt saw this and decided to stop it now.

"Dustox, use Protect then Gust!"

The Dustox merely listened, glowing blue as Lelantos bounced off. Before it could flap its wings though, Benjamin quickly shouted again.

"Now Lelantos! Use Bite NOW!"

Lelantos suddenly landed on a branch and launched himself back up to the Dustox, immediately catching its left wing with his jaws. The Dustox screamed in pain as it was brought to the ground hard, now unable to fly, as its wing was injured badly. The grunt was caught completely by surprise, but she came back to her senses and was ready.

"Confusion Dustox!"

The Dustox's eyes glowed red again, but Benjamin had it all figured out now.

"Lelantos! Close your eyes and Tackle it into the tree!"

"Lillipup!" shouted Lelantos happily, catching a second wind as he closed his eyes and ran forward. Within six feet of the Dustox, he jumped and collided with it, sending it into the tree. The Dustox screamed again, but soon the scream faded as it went limp, not moving. It was unconscious.

"Ha! Good job Lelantos!" said Benjamin, pumping is left fist and smirking at the grunt, thinking he and Lelantos had knocked out her only Pokemon. Right then though, Benjamin recalled what the girl had said before...
    Acies grunt said:
    "Oh please! You care for that pathetic thing? Pokemon are merely weapons for people to use. Just so happens my weapons are that much better than yours, especially when compared to that weak Lillipup."
    Yeah... She had said weapons... Uh oh.

"Staryu, use Water Gun!"

From out of nowhere, a huge jet of water collided with Lelantos, instantly knocking him out as Benjamin turned to where the water had come from. In between a couple of trees was a Staryu, using its psychic abilities to float there. It then floated over to in front of the Acies grunt, who was smirking as she returned hereDustox to its Pokeball.

Of course she had released both of her Pokemon from their Pokeballs earlier. She had had everything planned out, almost to a tee. While he couldn't helped but be slightly impress with this girl, Benjamin was still mad. What she had done was low, not that that had surprised Benjamin. Taking out Lelantos's Pokeball, he returned the Lillipup. He then whispered to the Pokeball, telling the Pokemon now inside that the Lillipup had done good.

"You and your Staryu will pay for that," said Benjamin, anger back in his voice as he grabbed Loki's Pokeball and threw it. Round two was fixing to begin...

Last edited:

The Pinkie Pie

Years
  • POP!

The Pokeball opened, revealing Loki the Bulbasaur as he stared at the Acies grunt and her Staryu. Showing his fangs, two vines instantly came from his bulb, ready to strike at a moment's notcie. The Staryu just spun in mid-air, its eye staying on Loki as the two trainers waited. Benjamin's fists were clenched, while the Acies grunt seemed to be relaxed, smirking at Benjamin.

The stand-off lasted for several seconds, much to Benjamin's discomfort. Both trainers were waiting to see who made the first move. Finally, the Acies grunt made her play. (OOC: Click on this link here for some awesome music to go with this battle. Enjoy!)

"Staryu, use Water Gun!"

The Staryu spun higher into the air and immediately unleashed the same jet of water from before. One his toes, Benjamin reacted.

"Loki, dodge it and use Vine Whip!"

Loki shot his right vine to the side, it spinning around a tree and latching on. A split-second before he was hit with the water, Loki was out of the blast's way as he lauched his left vine at the Staryu, attempting to strike it.

"Dodge and use Tackle Staryu!" said the Acies grunt, not missing a beat at all as the Staryu dodged the vine like it was moving in slow-mo. It then, using its psychic abilities, launched itself at Loki, tackling him so fast that Benjamin was only barely able to keep up with the Water- and Psychic-type. Loki, unfortunately, hadn't let go of the tree yet, and was tackled into it, causing him to scream from the pain.

It was at this point that Benjamin realized who was truly at a disadvantage. The Acies grunt had more experience, and her Staryu was super fast. While Loki does have the type-advantage, he wasn't near as fast. Afterall, what good does a super-effective move do if it can't hit the target?

"I need to think of something... Ah! Leech Seed!" thought Benjamin quickly, remembering how Leech Seed can slow down the opponent. Smirking, he pointed at the Staryu.

"Loki, use Leech Seed!"

Smirking himself, Loki, at point-blank range, shot the Staryu with six seeds from his bulb. Each one of them hit as the Staryu went back, only for some of its energy to be sent to Loki, who recovered quite a bit from the last attack and removed his vine from the tree. Unfortunately, Benjamin was fixing to learn this Staryu and its trainer had a move to help it out in a situation like this.

"Hmph. Is that all you and your Bulbasaur got? Very well. Staryu? Rapid Spin."

Benjamin's eyes went wide as the Staryu began spinning wildly, breaking the saplings and throwing them off effortlessly as it suddenly charged at Loki. Without having time to dodge, Loki was able to move just enough to not be launched into the tree. The attack made contact, sending the Bulbasaur into some bushes nearby. Seeing the bushes, Benjamin had a new idea. One that could possibly work as he notcied the bushes and trees everywhere. They could provide enough cover for Loki to manuever safely.

"Hey Loki! Run around in the bushes and use the trees to your advantage! When you see an opening, strike the Staryu with Vine Whip!" said Benjamin loudly to Loki, who was smirking again, liking this plan. Benjamin trusted the Bulbasaur enough to know what to do. Hopefully he would do it well.

"Oh shoot! Get it with Tackle before it moves!" shouted the Acies grunt, actually sounding panicked and worried. The Staryu did as commanded, launching itself towards Loki. Unfortunately for it and the Acies grunt, Loki launched a vine and disappeared into one of the many trees as the Staryu was lodged into a bush.

THWAP!

One of Loki's vines hit the Staryu across its back, immediately leaving a red and black bruise on the Star Shape Pokemon. Despite it not responding, Benjamin knew that that Vine Whip had to hurt like a-

At that moment, Benjamin was interrupted in his thoughts, having just blocked a kick aimed for his head from the Acies grunt with his left arm. Without missing a beat, the girl unleashed a wild flurry of kicks, only for Benjamin to continue blocking them with his arms and hands. At one point, Benjamin grabbed the girl's right foot and pushed the girl to the ground. Would he hit a girl? No. Would he push a girl to the ground when she was trying to knock him out though? You betcha. Unfortunately for him, the girl manuvered around, low-sweeping Benjamin. When he fell, the girl brought her legs to her chest, rolled back slightly, and placed her hands on the ground. She then thrusted her legs upward and outward while pushing off the ground with her hands. While arching her back, the momentum from her legs and hands brought her up and over Benjamin, landing in a squating-position beside him. Upon standing, she turned around and brought her right leg up, easily raising it above her head. Keep in mind that all of this happened in the span of four seconds, which allowed Benjamin enough time to figure out what was happening. Quickly, he rolled to the side as the grunt brought her heel down, a loud thud being made on impact.

"Staryu, use Water Gun to knock the Bulbasaur out from the trees or bushes. If you can, try to either Tackle it or use Rapid Spin if it is close enought!" shouted the girl to her Staryu, which had dislodged itself. Immediately, it floated off, spinning as it did so. Loki, now hiding at the top of a tree, saw this and decided to extend his four vines all around the area. This was going to be good...

Back to Benjamin, he was able to get back up and immediately start blocking the kicks from the grunt again. This girl was wearing him out, and not in the good way as he noticed that she wasn't tired at all. In fact, she looked like she could keep on going for a while. Seeing that he was outmatched in stamina, Benjamin jumped up, grabbing a branch and lifting himself up while narrowly dodging a kick aimed for (How should I put this?) the jewels. He immediately started climbing higher and higher. After getting to a certain point, he looked down, only to see the girl having trouble with climbing up the tree. Sure, she had great leg strength, but her arms were lacking in that department. Smiling, Benjamin tried to catch his breath as he looked forward, wanting to see what was happening between Loki and the grunt's Staryu. Four vines were moving around the treetops now while trying to strike the Staryu. Sure, that Staryu was fast, but when four vines were coming after you, you couldn't dodge them all. Benjamin also noticed that more red and black bruises covered the Staryu, and was surprised to see that it was still able to float. Heck, he was surprised it was still conscious!

"G-gotcha!" shouted the Acies grunt, breathing heavily as she finally got to the branch below Benjamin. She then swung herself on it, launching her legs up to Benjamin's neck. Seeing his situation, he immediately leaned back and flipped, dodging the legs and grabbing onto a branch below. He then let go of it, landing on the ground and running off. Looking up, he saw that the Staryu was now barely able to float, only to see Loki make a huge mistake.

Loki, being the naughty devil he is, decided to be brutal and try to finish the Staryu off by grabbing it with Vine Whip and slamming it multiple times against the ground. Seeing one of his vines grabbing the Staryu, he relaxed for a mere second. Almost immediately, the Staryu used Rapid Spin, bringing the Bulbasaur out from his hiding place and slamming Loki into trees, on the ground, and once on a freakin' rock.

"BULBASAUR!" screamed Loki, pain absolutely coursing through his body as Benjamin looked on in horror.

"LET GO LOKI!" shouted Benjamin, focusing completely on what was happening to Loki. This proved to be a mistake for him, as the Acies grunt suddenly jumped out of a tree and kicked Benjamin in the chest! This caused Benjamin to immediately hit the ground hard and having his breath taken away in one of the worst ways possible...

Loki finally let go of the Staryu, landing on the ground right next to Benjamin. He was covered in numerous bluish-green and black bruises now. With Benjamin and Loki both unable to get up at the moment, the Acies grunt and her Staryu both thought the battle was over.

"Whew... Honestly, you had me worried that I was gonna lose for a second there," she said, breathing hard as she knelt down, digging through Benjamin's right pocket. Benjamin was still trying to catch his breath back as he felt her hand in his pocket. He then felt her grab Lelantos's and Loki's Pokeballs.

At this point, something snapped inside Benjamin. He suddenly pushed off the ground, jumping up and spinning to his right. This caused the grunt to spin as well with him.

SNAP!

That sound was the Acies grunt's arm popping in multiple places, causing great pain. Her scream seemed to pierce through the forest as the Stayu focused on Benjamin, getting ready to attack him with Water Gun. Unfortunately for it, Loki had gotten up and notcied this. Soon, four vines surrounded the Staryu and latched on to four of its appendages. Immediately, the Staryu began trying to use Rapid Spin. Benjamin, now sitting on the Acies grunt's back and keeping her broken arm back there, regained his senses and noticed was what fixing to happen. He then smiled widely as he came up with a plan.

"Loki, take two of your vines off of it and latched them on to those two trees at your sides! Do it NOW!"

The Bulbasaur immediately did exactly that, two vines letting go of the Staryu and latching on to the two trees specified. Bulbasaur then tensed all of his vines and braced his feet, digging them into the ground as the Staryu began spinning faster than the human eye could see. This time though, things wouldn't work out as it had planned, and soon, it was no longer able to spin. Loki's front two vines had twisted around each other so much that the Staryu couldn't spin anymore. Lucky for Loki, this didn't hurt him one bit as he decided to have his revenge. Keeping his vines coiled around each other, he began slamming the Staryu into the multiple trees, on the ground, and finally the same rock that the Staryu had slammed Loki on to before. Loki then slammed the Staryu again on the ground, this time lodging two of its appendages into the earth. Benjamin's jaw was hanging at this point, having never seen anything like that before. He then noticed the Staryu's red core was still glowing, albeit faintly, indicating it still had energy to fight. The Staryu then began trying to dislodge itself from the ground.

"Loki?" asked Benjamin calmly, not worried at all.

Loki turned to his human partner.

"Use Vine Whip as hard as you can."

Loki smirked at his trainer and brought all four of his vines back. He then launched them forward as hard as he could.

THWAP! THWAP! THWAP! THWAP!

Each one of the vines hit the Staryu on its core, causing the red core to crack and then stop glowing. Letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding, Benjamin was relieved. He and Loki had won a battle they really shouldn't have won, all things considered. Nonetheless, they had done it.

Finally getting off of the Acies grunt, Benjamin saw that she was unconscious, the pain having knocked her out. While he felt guilty doing what he did to a girl, he didn't feel sorry for her. More than likely, she had it coming. Karma was a cruel bee with an itch.

"Loki, want to rest up in your Pokeball while I get us out of here?" asked Benjamin, worried now. That scream from the Acies grunt would have attracted attention. He didn't need that right now after such a brutal battle. Loki nodded his head slowly, and then suddenly fell on his side. That battle had really tuckered the little guy out. Taking out Loki's Pokeball, he returned the Bulbasaur, grabbed his backpack (which he had taken off during the battle), and ran off from the scene.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • The Pinkie Pie: Very good post. Glad to see you changed what I asked you to. (:

---

Chapter One: Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
    Extension of Routes

Depending on how long you want to be in the route, you can have as many posts (with a maximum of 4) to train/capture Pokemon here before continuing on to the next location. But you may not want to use all your Pokeballs on this route because there are other Pokemon to be found in other locations in this route. Great battling posts can also result in your Pokemon leveling up faster, and the rarer a Pokemon is, the harder it will be to capture and defeat.

If you are not familiar with trying to capture a Pokemon, you have to end your post with the Pokeball shaking after the Pokemon is transferred inside. Depending on how your battle with said Pokemon goes, I will say whether your catch was successful or not and what level it will be, because some vary.

Happy traveling!

Extension of Route 4 - Part 2:

This new area is not a wide open field that the one you were last in. It is a clean and cut narrow path with bushes sometimes blocking your way so you'll need to walk around. Every once and again you see some Pokemon flying overhead, but you can't tell them out so well because of the sun beating directly overhead.

The Pokemon you can find in this location are:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Kris McKenna
    Chapter 1-4 - The Jungle

"Poor jacket," Kris muttered. She was sitting on a tree trunk carefully taking all those poison darts from her jacket, the flashlight clutched between her legs so she could see what she was doing. The fabric was quite thick so most of the darts only stuck in the first layer, causing t to be riddled with tiny holes now. Only a few had been able to puncture it entirely, leaving actual holes in their wake. There was also spider webs everywhere. Thing and Jorg hadn't felt much of it, their sleek skin allowed the webs to be removed quite easily but Kris wasn't so lucky, it still stuck everywhere. Then again, it would be worse for the Poochyena, who had it stuck to its fur.

Talking about the Poochyena. She had succeeded in capturing it, had the ball in her lap, but hadn't released it yet. "What am I so scared of?" she asked herself. She did know what she was scared of though, she was scared that it might be angry that she caught it. She'd caught it for its own good, to try and heal its paw, but still.

"Oh come on you wimp, you hadn't been afraid Jorg would be angry."

"Yeah but I already knew Jorg would be a grumpy little bugger," this got her an angry glare from the bug in question. She took a deep breath and pressed the button of the Pokéball.

The first thing Poochyena did was take a jump forward, it seemed to still think it was running, probably because it had gotten captured doing so. It put its weight on its bad leg and whine loudly. "Shhht," Kris shushed. "We don't want anything else to attack us now, do we?" The puppy looked up at her for the first time, realizing she was there. Kris stretched out her hand to it, palm out, to let it sniff. It did so, and then cautiously licked it. "Aw, you're a sweetheart aren't you?" Kris cooed, scratching its head. "Now let's take a look at that paw now shall we?"

She got another potion from her bag –those things were going far too quick for her liking– and sprayed it over the injured paw. It was already starting to look better as soon as the spray touched it. The Poochyena cautiously leaned on the paw and while it still seemed a little weak, it could support it now. "I'll ask you, since you Pokémon always seem to know yourselves, are you a boy?" A bright bark from the Poochyena confirmed it. "Well then, welco-" she was interrupted when the dog started growling and backed up until it was standing between her feet. What seemed to have startled him was Thing who had curiously approached him.

"Hey!" Kris said sternly. "Thing here is part of our team now, be nice!" The Poochyena just whined more and back up a little further. "It's okay if you don't trust Jorg, I don't trust him either half the time-" another glare, and Kris just returned it with a grin. "But Thing here's golden, you can trust her completely." It surprised Kris how much she meant it. In the very short time she'd had Thing she really did trust her to look out for her, no matter how strange the Pokémon was. In fact, right now it was eating some leftover spider's thread from her jeans, munching on it happily. Poochyena inched closer, sniffing the air towards Thing. Thing tried to be nice, opening her mouth and sticking out her tingue with the spiderweb still attached, offering the snack to the dog. Poochyena just whined again and retreated back towards the safety of Kris' feet. "Alright, she's a bit weird," Kris said with a smile, petting the dog again, but she's alright, really."

"We need to get moving now though, I'd like to get out of this jungle as soon as I can. Hey, do you know the way?" Kris asked, happy that they might move a bit quicker than the snail pace of before."Sorry Jorg, you're just too slow for me." More glares, she was getting lots of those today.

It turned out the pup wasn't much faster than Jorg had been. Every time he got a bit ahead of them he seemed to get cold feet and gravitate back to trying to walk between Kris' feet, who then tripped over him. "Come on Pooch," Kris would say each time. "It's okay, just show us the way, come on, we'll protect you," and then 5 minutes later the same thing happened again. The jungle did seem to be clearing though, thank the Gods of clearing jungles. She'd been able to put the flashlight away as the sky was breaking through often enough to be able to see the floor now. This was a good thing too, Kris really didn't want her batteries to run out.

She was just walking on the path, distracted by Poochyena who was whimpering again when she almost fell on her face. "Oh my god, oh my god, something's got my leg!" she said through clenched theeth, panicking. "Okay, Kris, calm down." She did what came most naturally to her, swung her leg in a kick, causing the creature that had latched onto it to smash into a tree but, unfortunately, her foot as well. A string of curses best not dictated came from Kris as she cradled her foot which had gotten quite a shock. "Thing attack that monster!" she ordered at once. Thing wobbled as quick as she could towards the Pokémon that was now quickly trying to retreat into the bushes. He managed to bite onto its tail and started dragging it back onto the wider path that Kris and Poochyena were on. The Pokémon doubled back through and bit Thing right back into its hind legs. Thing let go and the Pokémon tried scurrying away again.

"Poochyena, stop it!" Kris ordered but the dog just whined fearfully and back up some more. Thing chased it again, this time chomping down on the purple scorpion's head. It tried to prick Thing with its tail but found her armor far too thick to penetrate and Thing was able to drag it back for Kris to see. "Damn, I know what you are," Kris said accusingly. A Skorupi, she'd seen some of the Acies with them before, nasty buggers they were. They attached themselves with their tails and then used some nasty attach to shoot poison at you. She'd seen it happen to some unfortunate humans who'd just gotten in their way before, the poison was quite nasty. She was glad she'd had the good sense to kicj it into a tree even if it was at the expense of her leg. She felt the burning need to kick the thing from here to Unova.

Kris released Jorg as well. Three on one? Yes it was unfair but she didn't much care about fair at the moment. That, and Poochyena didn't prove to be much of an opponent anyway. "Jorg I want you to kick his ass, is all," she instructed. Jorg would know what to do. He curled up and started rolling towards the creature, the rolling thing really seemed to be his only attack. "Poochyena, you're going to have to learn to battle if you want to stay on my team," Kris said. It was harsh but it was true. She couldn't afford to have any dead weight on her. "You have to know at least one attack, don't you?" Poochyena inched forward nervously towards the battling Pokémon, very obviously uncomfortable.

Meanwhile it wasn't going so well for Thing and Jorg. Battling together against the spiders had been all good and well, Jorg had stayed in the trees and Thing hadn't actually really done anything, but this was trickier. Jorg kept hitting or almost hitting Thing, it was apparently not that easy to keep track of two moving targets while you were also rolling around. The faster he went the less he saw, and while he could still keep sight of Skorupi it was far harder to do so for Thing. It didn't help that Thing was headed for Skorupi as well, therefore always being close. It got to the point where he'd been hit more often by Jorg than by the Skorupi. The scorpion seemed to make use of this as well, he was a clever bugger that one. He positioned himself so that Jorg could impossibly see Thing and then move out of the way just in time. All in all, it wasn't working.

"Thing, distance yourself," Kris ordered. She'd been busy with Poochyena and hadn't kept track of the battle. Now she could see exactly why it wasn't working. "Never mind the bite attacks, you've got that other one as well, with the shiny balls?" She'd never thought there would EVER be an occasion to say shiny balls before. New experiences? "Poochyena, keep track of Jorg.make sure you don't get hit and try to get a bite in, you must know bite don't you?" With a jaw like that she'd thought it mandatory. Poochyena did seem to know the move and he ran towards the Skorupi, biting down on its tail. At the same time Jorg came in and hit the scorpion full on, unfortunately shooting Poochyena with it. "Poochyena you have to let GO of it when Jorg hits!" Kris yelled, feeling terrible for the dog. He was obviously not very smart or experienced. Meanwhile Thing shot one of his attacks at the Skorupi just as it started to advance towards Jorg. It seemed to have gotten over trying to run and just wanted to settle the score now. The attack hit, exploding and covering the scorpion with an electrical current. "That move's electric?" Kris whistled, impressed.

"Poochyena, how about you try to keep the Skorupi in one place while Jorg hits it, and when he does you let you, kupo?" Kris instructed and Poochyena advanced on its foe, if still extremely reluctant. "Thing you shoot your electric attack as soon as Jorg's hit it." It was brilliant to watch the teamwork unfold. Poochyena kept the Skorupi busy by chomping down on its tail and while it was distracted trying to bite Poochyena Jorg advanced. Just before he hit Poochyena let go and jumped backwards, avoiding getting it in the face himself. The scorpion was launched in the air where it got hit with Thing's strange attack. It landed in the bushes and Kris sincerely hoped it wouldn't come out again.

From those same bushes suddenly came an array of poison darts much like the spiders had used. "Take cover!" Kris yelled and Poochyena flattened himself on the floor while Thing retreated into the bushes. Jorg was the only one who didn't, he couldn't stop spinning and get got pelted full-on by the stingers. He was shot back and out of his rolling, hit a tree and didn't seem to be in a state of battling anymore. It was to be expected though, he had beating a lot of spiders before and half a potion hadn't seemed to heal him fully in the first place. "It's okay Jorg, you're done," Kris said gently and went to scoop him up. "Thing, keep his head in hold, Poochyena, bite his tail and bite hard." Thing advanced on the scorpion, keeping his head in a tight grip between his teeth while Poochyena did the same thing to its tail end. Kris gave in to that intense desire she'd had and approached the three of them. "Let go in three, two, one," Both Pokémon let go of the Skorupi as Kris gave it a good solid kick. "There, it might not make its way all to Unova, but it should do for now."

She took her time to heal Jorg back up, another potion gone but Jorg and Thing were her only real fighters, and she wanted them both to be strong just in case something happened. She wouldn't like a fiasco with those spiders to happen while Jorg was unable to battle. Then they made their way again, in the direction that Poochyena pointed out for them. That was, until Kris caught sight of something in red and black.

"Shit, **** **** **** **** ****," She swore, instantly throwing herself into the bushes and dropping to the ground. He didn't seem to have seen them, thank the Gods of not dying just yet. She made a shushing move to both her Pokémon that were out, Thing and Poochyena, who both got the message. If Kris were honest with herself she was terrified. The cold sweat kind of terrified. But she was rarely honest with yourself. "You'll be okay Kris," she whispered very softly. "He's just going to go away now, he never saw you.

And then something moved in the bushes. Kris looked, fear still in her eyes, and saw a hateful purple scorpion advance towards them. It was limping, it was beat up and it was angry. Yep, that was the same Skorupi. It glanced towards Kris, sensing her utter fear, and then towards the red and black trainer. You could almost see the smirk on its face as it raised its tail into the air and fired as many poison darts as it could. "Scheit on a stick," Kris swore, panicking. She couldn't do anything to stop it except… She threw a Pokéball at the thing, which swallowed the Skorupi up immediately and then looked back towards the Acies trainer…. Who wasn't there.

"Well well well, look what we have here."

Kris' heart all but stopped.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Swan: Such a creative post; always love to read them. c:
    Jorg learned Poison Sting and Screech. Thing learned Faint Attack.

Kris captured a Male Skorupi! It's details have been uploaded into the OOC thread.

I look forward to your next few posts!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Kris McKenna
    Chapter 1-5 - The Acies Battle

Well, this was it, might as well go out with a bang.

She was about o swing her leg out, trying to trip the Acies grunt when she was stopped by a mean-looking Sneasel who seemed ready to inflict some damage. "No tricks," The grunt said smugly. "Or I'll have Sneasel here gut you. And he likes that very much."

Kris glared at him, frantically going over her options inside her head. She was pretty sure she could take the boy. He looked sturdy and strong, with black spiked hair and an air of superiority and smugness, but she'd fought guys like him before. It was the Pokémon that worried her. She'd seen how they used their Pokémon on people before, it hadn't been pretty. "Too bad you'd needed a pesty wild Pokémon to find me," she said casually, taking effort o keep he voice light and steady. "I'd been keeping an eye on you for about an hour now, waiting for the right moment to take you out," she bluffed.

"Of course you did," the guy said. "Which is obviously why you're shaking in your pants right now, isn't it?" Oh she could rip that smug-faced bastard's face off right now. "So why don't we keep things civil? You hand over your Pokémon and we'll go and take you back to headquarters. We'll see what they do with you, if you're nice you might not get executed."

She took that moment to aim a kick at the Sneasel it was too quick, side-stepping her and using its claw to pull her other leg out underneath her. Kris fell flat on her ass and it hurt. "I told you, no tricks," the grunt grinned. "Or, by all means, do! It should save us the need for another televised execution. The public's mood always gets a little dark after those."

Was he bluffing? Probably, but Kris didn't know anymore. They'd done worse **** than that.

"Thing," Kris said, slowly backing up and relying on the fact that the Acies trainer didn't know who Thing was. She heard a rustle in the bushes right next to the Sneasel and spoke quickly to cover it up. "Let us go or I swear, it'll bite you in the ass."

"You think you can threaten me?" The guy said, he truly seemed shocked by it. Just then Thing shot out of the bushes and, just like Kris had hoped she would, bit the Sneasel in the ass. The Sneasel jumped in panick, completely startled by the orange thing chomping on its hiney. Even its trainer was taken aback by the sudden appearance of Thing. "Now use your electric thing!" Kris instructed. While still stuck to the Sneasel, Thing released its blast of white light and electricity at its opponent, causing them both to fly backwards into adjacent bushes.

"A Trapinch…" The grunt said astonished. Kris took a mental note of the name, so that's what Trapinch was called. He recovered quickly though. "Sneasel use quick attack." The Pokémon flew from the bushes into the next ones like a blur and within seconds a cry of pain was heard and an orange Trapinch dropped back into view.

"Thing use that electric move again!" Kris instructed and Thing formed the white balls of energy in its mouth again.

"Don't give it time to use its Hidden Power Sneasel," The grunt instructed. "Use faint attack!" Out of nowhere the Sneasel materialized behind Thing and hit her with a claw shrouded in darkness. "Good, now finish it with a Slash," The guy said almost lazily. Sneasel executed a powerful uppercut at Thing, flinging her into the bushes again.

"What, you think that was it?" Kris said, feeling quiet insulted that the grunt would think her Pokémon so weak. "Thing's not even half-finished, use that Hidden Power move again!" From the bushes came another shot of white energy that hit the Sneasel and electric currents crawled all around it.

"Oh look at that, the girl has spunk," The grunt taunted. "Well then, Sneasel, let's make it hard to catch us. From now one it's Quick Attack only. You can't win when you can't land a hit!" Sneasel raced into the bushes, knocking Thing back out. Thing tried snapping at the Sneasel but it was too quick, speeding to and fro but not hitting her. When it did land a hit it did so multiple times, a series of strong cuts knocking Thing in the air and back to the earth again.

"Thing!" Kris cried out, she couldn't help it and the grunt laughed. If only Thing had one of those sure-hitting moves. Wait, Pokémon learned new moves after a while, did they? But how were you supposed to know about them? A Pokédex, for starters, but really only Acies officers have those at their disposal. She supposed she could ask Thing, it would probably just make the grunt laugh again. But really, who cared about that? It was all or nothing right now. "Thing, if you've learned any new moves, please, by all means, show them off now!"

And so Thing did.

She disappeared and then the sharp cry of Sneasel could be heard. Thank the Gods of luck it was a faint attack! "Follow it up with a Hidden Power move Thing!" She quickly instructed and thing obeyed. It was a close ranged hit and the Sneasel flew backwards.

"Quick attack again, Sneasel, same tactic," again the grunt said it in a lazy way, as if he didn't care that Sneasel was almost done for. Well, he probably didn't.

"Thing, let it," Kris instructed. "And when it tries to claw you, you bite. You bite like you've never bit before."

"What, that's your order?" The grunt challenged with a laugh. "You're not terribly good at this are you?"

"I'm good enough," Kris countered. "To beat the likes of you."

Sneasel sped towards Thing in a blur and scratched her. This time Thing was able to dig her feet into the ground and just as the claw hit her she bit back, and indeed bit like she hadn't before bit before. Sneasel cried out in pain, shaking its claw to try and get Thing off but she held tight, Thing did. "That's'right! Now a hidden power!" Thing opened her mouth and released the attack straight into Sneasel's face/ Sneasel twitched by the current and fell to the ground, out.

"Yes Thing we did it!" Kris cheered. The grunt just smirked though.

"Good job, you managed to beat the weakest link of my team. Try if this one will give you such an easy victory." He casually pressed the catch on the Pokéball and released… a spider. Except this one was bigger and meaner than the ones before.

Kris cursed, royally so too. She hated those spiders. It was big, really, really big. About three times as big as the spiders from before and far bigger than Thing was. Than any of Kris' Pokémon really. "Ariados," the grunt commanded with a superior tone. "Use big bite." The spider scurried towards Thing and bit it, or, well, tried to. It bit at Thing's armor several times trying to gain purchase, but it was too rounded and tough to get through. It clicked its pincers in annoyance and instead just opened its mouth and spit several poison darts at Thing, who all bounced off anyway.

"Ariados!" The grunt said angrily. "How many times have I told you to listen ONLY to what I tell you!"

"Thing, bite it in the head, now!" Kris said quickly and Thing had the perfect angle to. Thing chomped down on Ariados' head hard. Then Thing was screaming even though Thing couldn't actually scream. It was a guttural sound, one of pain and fear combined, and it terrified Kris. "THING!" She called out. Ariados stepped backwards out of Thing's mouth, its eyes shining a bright red. Then it opened its mouth and shot purple sludge into Thing's who started violently choking on it. Kris just couldn't take it, it was the most she'd ever seen Thing suffer.

"ARIADOS!" The grunt almost screeched. If Thing hadn't been in such pain Kris would have laughed about the way the guy's head turned red and then almost purple in anger. His Pokémon seemed far out of his control.

"Thing, try hidden power again?" Kris posed it almost as a question. Thing had stopped screaming but she looked sick now. There was an almost purple glow about her and Kris knew the symptoms, though she'd mostly seen it in humans. Poison. Thing only had a little time left to harm Ariados as much as she could. If this hadn't been such a life threatening battle she'd have spared her the pain, but she didn't have a choice now it was eat or be eaten.

Thing opened her mouth, cringed, and let out a strong blast of hidden power attack. It was the brightest Kris had ever seen her use and the air crackled with the electricity. Ariados was hit full blast and cringed, however that was all that it did. Its eyes burned red again and Thing cried until a moment later she collapsed.

"Oh Thing," Kris whispered, calling her back. "You'll pay for that." She released Jorg, who was her only hope now. Poochyena couldn't be trusted to fight, in fact she didn't even know where the dog was. He'd been out when the grunt appeared but seemed to have run off into the bushes in fear. The first thing Jorg did was glare at the Ariados. Two bug and poison types together, the one more evil than the other, this would just prove who that was.

"Jorg, if you've any new moves to show me, do it now," Kris said.

The grunt laughed again. "You don't even know your own Pokémon's moves! That's rich! You're hoping to take on Ariados without knowing what your Venipede can do!"

"You can't even control yours," Kris pointed out. "Does that make you better than I? At least Jorg listens to me." To show just that Jorg opened his mouth and let out a bloodcurdling screech that made even Kris and the grunt cover their ears. Ariados twitched madly and scrambled about in pain, it had nothing to cover its ears with. Did it even have ears? Well it was affected alright. Then Jorg opened his mouth and shot poison darts at the Ariados. Of course that didn't do much but at least Kris made a mental note that he'd learned the move. "Now do your roll again Jorg!" Jorg folded himself into a ball and rolled forward, hitting the Ariados and rolling away again. Kris was starting to get the hang of what the move was all about: the longer he rolled the faster he got and the more he hurt his enemies.

"Ariados use night shade!" the grunt ordered, completely ignoring Kris' last comment. Ariados had a different plan though. It turned its bum towards Jorg and shot out a very thin web, quite different from the smaller spider's web . Instead of stopping Jorg's attack the web just got longer the farther Jorg rolled. "USE NIGHT SHADE!" The grunt yelled this time. Ariados' eyes turned red as it obeyed its trainer and Jorg stopped his rolling. He didn't have the ability to cry out either but clicked his pincers hysterically, his own eyes red as well and he was trembling all over.

"JORG!" Seconds time in far too soon to call out one of her Pokémon's names again. That was one evil move. It also made Kris realize how much she cared for the grumpy bug as well, nasty as he was. "Jorg snap out of it!" She tried. "Whatever it's doing to you, you can stop it!" And he did. There was a sort of white shine over him and his eyes stopped glowing red. This infuriated the Ariados visibly, it kept its eyes red, kept trying to get Jorg with it. It was a bit of a stalemate now, Ariados was stubborn and kept its attack up while Jorg kept his defense up. Kris had no idea what attack he was using but she was happy enough it worked!

"Can you roll with this?" She asked but Jorg didn't move so she assumed he couldn't. Still like this the battle would never end. "Alright Jorg, I want you to use that screech again, it can't attack you while your screeching. Can you do that while rolling?" Jorg stopped the protection attack and his eyes started getting a red hue before he let out another horrid screech. The Ariados stopped all it was doing, its eyes screwed up in pain. Right then Jorg started rolling, keeping his screech going, and hit Ariados head-on. It was the first time Kris saw a little bit of wear come over the Pokémon. It was feeling this attack. "Alright Jorg get into the bushes, it can't attack you if it can't find you!" Jorg did as told, rolling into the cover of the jungle and quieting his screech.

Ariados wasn't fooled however, the thin thread was still attached to Jorg. It quickly followed the thread into the jungle and it didn't take long before the frantic clicking of Jorg could be heard again. The grunt seemed to have just given up on ordering his Ariados around. The spider seemed too sure of what it was doing to listen and what it was doing seemed solid anyway.

"Jorg, do the defense move again!" Kris yelled, feeling panic rise up. The clicking stopped again, but there had to be a way to bypass that one night shade attack! "Wait, Jorg, shoot your darts into its eyes!" It was a small hope that the attack was situated in the eyes, but a hope it was. It was also maddening that she couldn't see what was going on, the jungle was still dense enough to hide a lot from the eyes. "You've been awfully quiet," Kris spat at the grunt.

"I'm enjoying this," he said with a smirk. "You all panicky, still hoping for your victory even if it's futile. It's good stuff, they could make a movie out of your expressions and I'd watch it over and over."

"Were you born a scumbag or did you just become that way?" Kris kindly offered him in return. "Jorg, roll over here!" It didn't take long for the Venipede to come crashing through the bushes."Don't stop, I've got this." As he rolled past Kris grabbed the spider thread and ripped it off of him."Go, go into the bushes!" she urged. "pick up speed, it won't know where you are now!"

Just then the Ariados came in sight from the bushes, looking more angry than ever. It looked for the thread of web and traced it to where it stuck to Kris' hand. "Too bad sucker," she commented, wiping her hand on a tree. It looked around, unsure what to do now its target seemed to have disappeared.

"What, now you're out of ideas?" The grunt snapped to his Pokémon. "First you embarrass me by just doing whatever you want and NOW you're not doing anything. You're so useless." The Ariados glared at the trainer and just in that moment of distraction Jorg came from the jungle, hitting Ariados so hard that it flew back out of sight. Quite a feat as Ariados was far bigger than Jorg.

"Yes, good job! Do it again!" Kris cheered. When the Ariados once again returned to view it was limping and battered, about as beat-up as Jorg was now. Kris saw she might have a shot of winning this! She prayed to the gods of luck that this was the last Pokémon the grunt had but she had a feeling it was. You usually send your strongest Pokémon last, and from the look of it this Ariados was so strong it didn't even obey its trainer.

Jorg shot from the brush again and hit the Ariados once more. The spider got sight of him just after it got hit however and its eyes glowed red again. You could see it panting, it was on its last straws. But Jorg's own last straw seemed to be burning quickly.

"Come on Jorg!" Kris encouraged. "It's almost over with, Poison Sting its eyes again, you can do it!" Struggling as he did he opened his mouth and shot the stingers at Ariados' face, thus breaking the night shade attack. He didn't have the energy to use a rollout again but he did have the energy to shoot the stingers for all he was worth. Apparently he was worth a little bit more than the Ariados, the battle was over. "Was that your last?" Kris said wearily, calling Jorg back into his ball.

"My last Pokémon, yes," The grunt said, but he was a bit too cheerful. Kris didn't trust it one bit. "But I don't need a Pokémon to drag your sorry ass back to hq, and you certainly don't seem to have any Pokémon left to defend you." He advanced on Kris and swung one punch at her face. She responded by ducking, hitting him in the stomach with an elbow, then punching him in the nose as he doubles over and elbowing him in the back of the head again as he came up.

"Cocky little ****," Kris muttered. "His kind always things all women are helpless." She dragged him to a tree and tied him up with a vine she cut from the jungle. She didn't want him to die so she left him in clear view of whomever might go looking for him. She did search his pockets for anything valuable though, sadly he hadn't carried a Pokédex, that might've been useful.

From the bushes came Poochyena, shaking and terrified as he made his way to Kris. "Oh sweetheart, it's okay," she cooed. "I think I can find the way from here, you go rest in your ball now." She called him back, wondering whatever would become of him on her team. She'd have to do some serious thinking about what she could do with him. She almost forgot to grab the Skorupi's ball too. She might in no way want the creepy bugger, but perhaps someone did. Plus, she couldn't just leave it.

And with that she was off to distance herself from the grunt as much as she could.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Swan: Very good post! Can't wait to see what else you got up your sleeve.

---

Chapter One: Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
    Extension of Routes

Happy traveling!

Extension of Route 3 – Part 2:
    After you either avoid the Acies trainer, or battled and defeated him, you are now out of the dense jungle. You are still in a forest, but not as dense or creepy. The sun is bleeding through the canopy at the top bit by bit, leaving spots on the ground nice and bright. There are still noises of Pokemon around you, just not like before.

The Pokemon you can find in this location are:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • Courtney Cox: Chpt 1, Pt 5 (EXTENSION)

"Aer!" Kimper cried out when the leaves hit him head on. They hit him hard enough to knock his body into a twirl, spinning him around three full circles before stopping.

"Kimper!" Courtney shouted, watching the spectacle with wide eyes.

"What's the matter?" The trainer started, grinning. "Pokemon too weak to battle?" Courtney frowned, not appreciating this blue-haired kid's mouth. Kimper teetered around, his world in a spin from his last little dance. "Let's get this over with. Vine Whipe, please, Chikorita. And then hand 'im over." Obeying his command, the Chikorita sent out two quick vines, wrapping around Aron's torso easily and lifting him into the air. It lifted him behind it, handing it over to the Acies trainer who held him under his arm, like a football. "Okay." The trainer turned towards Courtney, a smirk on his face. "Next." Kimper groaned, stomach feeling like a battlefield for the moment.

Courtney's resolve fell. How could she be losing this quickly? Maybe all that talk she had with herself just moments ago was worthless bravado. She was reluctant to let Penelope out. What if the same thing happened to her?

"Come on, come on!" The trainer groaned, not liking his time wasted. "Do we really have to snatch it from you again?" Courtney's grip tightened on the Pokeball. She wanted to yell at the stupid boy and tell him to shut up, but she held her tongue. Courtney pressed the button on the ball and then once more to release Penelope. It wasn't even before the white light cleared that she heard the trainer command his Pokemon to send another Vine Whip. The attack came so quick that the light didn't even have a chance to clear. Penelope was literally knocked out of it.

"Hey!" Courtney shouted, taken back that the trainer would even do something like that. She ran to Penelope and held her in her arms. The Mudkip winced, a red mark on her side from the vine's impact. "That's not fair!" She yelled at the trainer. "She wasn't even out yet!"

"I don't care about fair. Now get out of the way before you get hit too." Courtney felt her Mudkip's paw touch her chest and smiles the best she could. Penelope shifted her weight and lifted onto her feet, wincing as she did.

"Mud." She noised with a little enthusiasm, even though her legs shook a little. Seeing it, Courtney worried.

"Are you sure you can do it?" Penelope made another noise, this time with a little more strength in her voice. Still unsure, Courtney stood on her feet and stepped away from her. "Alright, just watch out for that Vine Whip." Penn nodded and stepped forward. Almost immediately another vine rushed towards her. This time Penelope managed to jump out of the way, though she stumbled a bit. Her sureness increased as she continued to dodge the vine that came at her again and again. As she jumped, Mudkip sent growls towards the Chikorita, slowly getting closer. Courtney smiled, confidence growing. Maybe they could do this! She looked across the battle at the trainer. He was scowling, not exactly liking Penelope's dance with Chikorita's vines. Courtney noticed Kimper under the trainer's arms. By now he was fine, no longer as he had once been. Now his eyes stayed on the back of the Chikorita, eyes narrowed into a glare. Looking back at the trainer, Courtney wondered if Kimper would be able to escape him.

"Chikorita! Get that damn Mudkip already!" The Chikorita made a face and went for another Vine Whip. Just as she'd been doing time and time again, Penelope dodged the attack, growling again. By now she was just two feet from that Chikorita, but she didn't get more ground. As quick as the first vine had come another had been waiting right where Mudkip had jumped and quick as lightening it whipped her hard, sending her flying to the side.

"Penelope!" Courtney's hands went up too her mouth, staring at her Pokemon wide eyed. Penelope laid on her side on the ground, not moving at all. "Penelope!?" Still nothing.

"Shut up!" The trainer yelled at her. "Let's go, Chikorita!" The Chikorita lets its vines go again, going towards Penelope at a more relaxed pace. The Chikorita halted when a cry went out behind it. It was Kimper. He kicked around in the trainer's arm, trying to get himself free. The trainer grunted in his attempt to try and calm him. Kimper struggled with all his might, throwing his hole body around. As he did, his feet began to glow, just as it did when he used harden. When the glow disappeared his feet where different, as if turned into a new metal. Kimper's kicks turned into slashes, going for the arms of his captor and anything trying to keep him still. The trainer cried out when he was hit, dropping Kimper instantly and recoiling. He yelled out something, but it was hardly heard past Kimper's cry as he rushed towards the Chikorita. The Chikorita stood still, even when Kimper hit it with a hard tackle head on. The Chikorita stumbled backwards from the impact. When it recovered, the Chikorita sent him a glare, once again in the battle. While the two were preoccupied Courtney took another look towards Penelope. It turned out she was okay, to some extent. She had moved, getting up enough stand shakily. She breathed heavy, but her eyes stayed stuck on the Chikorita.

"Penelope!" Courtney took the opportunity to run to her and possibly help her little companion. Hearing her, Penelope took her eyes off the Chikorita when she heard Courtney's call. Reaching her, Courtney bent down beside her Pokemon, immediately seeing her injury. "You're hurt..." Courtney grabbed her back, digging in to fish out a potion to help her Mudkip.

On the battlefield, Kimper jumped to the side when a razor leaf was thrown at him and then charged, smashing the Chikorita with another tackle. This time his opponent didn't fall back. Instead it hit Kimper with a tackle head on and point blank. The force of the hit knocked him backwards, making him vulnerable for another tackle that the Chikorita most definitely took. In the background, the Acies trainers shouts of commands could be heard. The Chikorita had a little aid, but with Courtney preoccupied with Penelope, Kimper was going this battle alone. It was just a blessing that he already knew how to fight. Getting back onto his feet, Kimper waited for the Chikorita to come at him again, but instead of dodging out of the way, he lifted his body up, feet glowing as it had before, and slashed at the Chikorita.

As Courtney finished her sprays to Penelope's body, she looked back at the battle. She saw the Chikorita cringe from pain before it was hit by a tackle to its front. The Pokemon, despite the injuries coming to it, looked determined, like it could go on forever. Kimper looked equally ready to fight, but could he stand up to this fight? He'd already lost the first time and--No. He could do this. She just needed a little faith. Courtney hoped with all her might that he could at least get this little grass type out of the way. If he was taken down again, the two of them would be gone forever and Courtney... She didn't know what would happen.

(Could have added more to this, but I was having a serious trouble getting my thoughts out. :( I think taking a little break for other things will get the juices rolling, so I decided to end here. :) Hope that's okay!)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Kiklion: Good post! Don't worry about it being short. xD Can't wait for the next part.
    Kimper learned Take Down!

Back