• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon VHS

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
  • Where to put it?

I own three Pokemon VHS tapes with Danish dubs.

Does anybody else here still have Pokemon on VHS tapes?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I used to have Pikachu's Winter Vacation or whatever it was called on VHS...man I loved that thing. I still do love those shorts.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's VHS?

Lol, I actually have an unopened VHS somewhere, I believe it was the episodes pertaining to Vulpix in Kanto.

But damn, you know better than to talk about VHS. It's 2011, you could get shot for saying that.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Oh lookie, this threads for me. I have volumes 1-11 on VHS of the original series, and movies 1-4 on DVD. I have Heroes, Jirachi the Wish maker, Destiny Deoxys and Rise of Darkrai on DVD. I've also got volumes 1-3 of Pokémon Chronicles on DVD. But that's it. I collected most of those a few years back as a kid.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • Here it is

Pokemon VHS

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I did have all the films up until a certain point on VHS, but I've since replaced them with DVDs and given them away to my friend who wanted them for her son. I don't think we own a cassette player any more. xD

Years
  • I have every episode of the Anime up until Battle Dimensions taped off the television on video, but with the first series and Orange Islands time has taken it's toll on the videos so they no longer play, sadly.

I also have Movies 1-3 on DVD, along with Mewtwo Returns which came with a free volume on DVD (one with Dodrio on the cover) and Pikachu's Winter Vacation (I love it).

After my video player started to die I decided to invest in the Pokemon DVD's, hopefully they last longer. But 10 years for a video taped off the TV is quite good. I die a little inside every time a child doesn't know what a VHS is :(

Years
  • I have one Video of Pokemon, and it's of the Episodes in which Ash meets Todd the photographer and then have to free the Pokemon captured by team rocket, or something along the lines of that. I also have a DVD with 12 or so episodes from the Orange Islands episodes and Destiny Deoxys on DVD.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Anybody wanting to get rid of some of their VHS tapes ? I'm trying to collect them, mostly the first season. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    For those who don't know what VHS is (search for 'VHS' on Wikipedia)

Basically, it's what we used to watch and record videos at home before the early 2000s. They offered arguably better quality than VCD (which split the movie into two discs, and was very prone to 'block noise' artifacts) but the tapes were prone to wear, tear and fungal growth (but there were tapes with anti-fungus treatment to counter this problem).

I have some Japanese dub Pokemon on tape (the first 3 movies, Pikachu's Summer Vacation and an Indigo League tape). I can say that the quality of the Japanese VHS tapes is really good!

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • I have two VHS tapes with the battle against Lt. Surge and the St. Anne arc somewhere around my house. I also have a few episodes I've recorded off of TV in a box. Every now and then I'll watch them since Kanto is my favorite series.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I have...a lot of VHS tapes buried in my closet. There's the entire Kanto season, all of Johto Journeys, the first three movies (with the second one subbed), and a few Johto League Champion videos. Plus on a few VHS tapes that are around the house somewhere, I have a few Orange Island episodes from my days as a Tracey fan. But I have all of the Orange Islands episodes on DVD now, so that's why I misplaced the VHS tapes.

There's just something nostalgic about watching Pokemon on VHS.

Back