• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - Wally Quest! (Version 1.1 - 15/04/23)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, so I was wondering how to get Budew. I've searched all over Route 116 and the only person with a PKMN Breeder sprite is a rich lady and Wanda. I have looked between Rustbouro and the tunnel and the area where you get the blackglasses in Vanilla Emerald. Im not quite sure what Im missing exactly.

Edit: Also are there running shoes? I know Wally version has running sprites for Wally but IDK if they are in this one. Also, what is the shiny chance? I found a Shiny Klefkey.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    What are you supposed to next after you pay to join team magma

Hi... neither Team can be joined. This is intentional if you've not seen their no-dialogue.

Hey, so I was wondering how to get Budew. I've searched all over Route 116 and the only person with a PKMN Breeder sprite is a rich lady and Wanda. I have looked between Rustbouro and the tunnel and the area where you get the blackglasses in Vanilla Emerald. Im not quite sure what Im missing exactly.

Edit: Also are there running shoes? I know Wally version has running sprites for Wally but IDK if they are in this one. Also, what is the shiny chance? I found a Shiny Klefkey.

Hi, apologies another mistake in my documentation. Two breeders are on Route 117, they'd prompt after you defeat them.

About running shoes, did you talk to the Oldale NPCs? I've deliberately not made a running sprite for Wally and renamed the shoes to fit, but you should be able to speed-move.
    The shiny chance is completely untouched, so congratulations.

Just wondering where is fire stone? I want to evolve my vulpix so it doesnt suck anymore

Hi, you should be able to find in Granite Cave B1F. Please see item_locations.txt in the "Notes (spoilers)" zip file (v1.0.1).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's the thing though the two breeders on route 117 don't give you a Budew. Every time for me they give an Igglybuff/Clefa/Pichu and a Tyrouge/Elekid/Smoochem the one on Route 110 gives Chingling/Mime Jr./Happney.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Here's the thing though the two breeders on route 117 don't give you a Budew. Every time for me they give an Igglybuff/Clefa/Pichu and a Tyrouge/Elekid/Smoochem the one on Route 110 gives Chingling/Mime Jr./Happney.

Hi, ah I see the issue, you're able to scroll down.
    DCgGtnU.gif

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ahh! Now I feel silly. The advancements of Pokemon GBA hacking will never stop impressing me!

Edit: BTW where is the Destiny Knot? And the Rose Incense?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Ahh! Now I feel silly. The advancements of Pokemon GBA hacking will never stop impressing me!

Edit: BTW where is the Destiny Knot? And the Rose Incense?

No worries, will improve the documentation. Credits to DizzyEgg for the scrolling menu.

Destiny Knot isn't given in the game, Rose Incense you can find in Verdanturf's Mart.

May I know why you're looking for these particular items, so to improve the next version? Regarding Destiny Knot, IVs have been "removed" from the game (see changes.txt).

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • This looks pretty darn cool, I played Pokémon Emerald Wally Version and that was good, so I'll keep an eye out for this one, too!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh I'm being silly again I was trying to get extracenonary on budew with a certain nature, it's the oval stone that does natures, isn't it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    This looks pretty darn cool, I played Pokémon Emerald Wally Version and that was good, so I'll keep an eye out for this one, too!

Hi thank you! Ashamedly I'd pushed this out too hastily and others have found bugs and things to improve. Hoping to better it with a v1.1 by the end of the year

Oh I'm being silly again I was trying to get extracenonary on budew with a certain nature, it's the oval stone that does natures, isn't it?

That'll be the Everstone, you'll be able to get it from Mr Stone after delivering his stuff (replacing the normal Exp Share), and also on wild Geodudes and Roggenrolas as usual :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    I really like this for an enhanced vanilla experience, playing as Wally with a non traditional starter is also great. I'm at 5th gym now and it's been moderately challenging I'd say. I really appreciate the perfect IVs and grinding audinos at each gym, they're perfect for my pace.

SylviaReviar

Sinnoh Researcher
    Years
  • Hi, I have a Spiky-eared Pichu in my party. In the event from HGSS, Spiky-eared Pichu could only be female, but I've managed to catch both a male and female from Route 110. I've given him a Soothe Bell, but unsurprisingly, he hasn't evolved even after leveling him up super high. I would like to ask if Spiky-eared Pichu's stats are viable enough to play with them, or if they can somehow evolve or gain some kind of power.

This game is lovely and I've enjoyed playing it so far. Thank you for your time :)

SylviaReviar

Sinnoh Researcher
    Years
  • I have another bug to report. When I put Surf on my Greninja, selecting Greninja creates a visual glitch. Where Surf would normally be is a jumble of blue letters and symbols, but I can scroll past it easily. I haven't attempted to click on it out of fear for my save file.

eE-s6Emd6jSQ

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Hi, I have a Spiky-eared Pichu in my party. In the event from HGSS, Spiky-eared Pichu could only be female, but I've managed to catch both a male and female from Route 110. I've given him a Soothe Bell, but unsurprisingly, he hasn't evolved even after leveling him up super high. I would like to ask if Spiky-eared Pichu's stats are viable enough to play with them, or if they can somehow evolve or gain some kind of power.

This game is lovely and I've enjoyed playing it so far. Thank you for your time :)

Hi, thanks for playing! Spiky-eared Pichu currently will not be evolved or boosted, although I'm intending to change that in the future (making a patch with pokemon mods). As for the gender, will see if I'd tampered with its data.

I have another bug to report. When I put Surf on my Greninja, selecting Greninja creates a visual glitch. Where Surf would normally be is a jumble of blue letters and symbols, but I can scroll past it easily. I haven't attempted to click on it out of fear for my save file.

eE-s6Emd6jSQ

Thanks! Will attempt to replicate it

SylviaReviar

Sinnoh Researcher
    Years
  • I hope I don't sound rude saying this, but it would be very helpful if this game had a wiki or master document with all the information about the Pokemon, Trainers, locations, events and etc. all listed in a neat, organized fashion. Also, an update on my Spiky-eared Pichu endeavors, all of the Pichu I've encountered on Route 110 so far as spiky-eared, meaning none of them can evolve. I assume the only way to obtain a regular Pichu is through an egg from one of the Breeders you encounter in the region. I attempted to raise a Togepi into a Togekiss, but I don't have good TMs to teach it, and it doesn't have a single Fairy-type attack unlike the Ralts/Gardevoir I got from Diantha.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fantastic and the quality-of-life improvements are immensely helpful, but it is a little difficult to navigate how to raise Pokemon or build a team without the help of a guide, since I know in every ROM hack Pokemon are edited to the creator's liking, which means it may be different from the official programming of their original/future games.

EDIT: Another bug I found is when you talk to Professor Juniper in the Ocean Museum in Slateport City, if you complete one of her tasks and select a Pokemon (Snivy, for example) and she asks "Will you take this Pokemon?" and answer "No," then the picture stays, but you can move your character around. The picture is removed if you exit the room she's in or leave the building, but I assume this was not intended. I don't know if this happens with the other Professors too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    I hope I don't sound rude saying this, but it would be very helpful if this game had a wiki or master document with all the information about the Pokemon, Trainers, locations, events and etc. all listed in a neat, organized fashion. Also, an update on my Spiky-eared Pichu endeavors, all of the Pichu I've encountered on Route 110 so far as spiky-eared, meaning none of them can evolve. I assume the only way to obtain a regular Pichu is through an egg from one of the Breeders you encounter in the region. I attempted to raise a Togepi into a Togekiss, but I don't have good TMs to teach it, and it doesn't have a single Fairy-type attack unlike the Ralts/Gardevoir I got from Diantha.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fantastic and the quality-of-life improvements are immensely helpful, but it is a little difficult to navigate how to raise Pokemon or build a team without the help of a guide, since I know in every ROM hack Pokemon are edited to the creator's liking, which means it may be different from the official programming of their original/future games.

EDIT: Another bug I found is when you talk to Professor Juniper in the Ocean Museum in Slateport City, if you complete one of her tasks and select a Pokemon (Snivy, for example) and she asks "Will you take this Pokemon?" and answer "No," then the picture stays, but you can move your character around. The picture is removed if you exit the room she's in or leave the building, but I assume this was not intended. I don't know if this happens with the other Professors too.

No worries, thanks for the feedback :) Atm the only Pokemon changes are listed in changes.txt. Will improve the documentation

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Is there any particular reason there's 0 revives available before you have to fight Team Magma on the mountain? I'm finding it almost impossible to beat their leaders team.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    I found a quite annoying bug.
    I entered the SS Tidal, and I can't leave.

I went to my cabin and rested, and I still cannot leave. The worst part is that I forgot to save before this

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hey man, so I withdrew my Metagross from the box in place of an Abra I kept for Teleporting and my Metagross turned into Abra?

Back