• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokemon Website] PokéStop

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
  • [Pokemon Website] PokéBreak

*UPDATE*
    I changed the name of the website
    ----------------------------------------

Hey people!
    Since I had some free time this weekend I came up with a simple pokémon blog/community.
    Here goes:
    https://pokebreak.000space.com

Before I buy domain and hosting (or find a kind webmaster to help me out by hosting the website ... which I prefer more) and fill up all the information (because that is gonna be a lot of work) I'd like to get your comments on the look and feel of the website.

I used HTML, CSS and PHP in the making process. There's a really simple login/logout system so that posting/editing or deleting is not possible for normal visitors but only for the administrator(s).
    If any of you more advanced webmasters find some gap in the back-end security please share with me xD

I'm open to any critiques and personal opinions so please don't worry to say what you need to!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I like the look and feel of it; I just hope that you replace all of the text from "lorem ipsum..." to actual text. ^_^

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Very good website! I really like the look and feel. I expect to see more out of your website.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • The nav headers should be flipped on the right sidebar... it looks weird having the same thing on both sides.

Milk

ガットミルク
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I love the feel of the website, but i am wondering why the background looks all funky? ;x, i think you guys replace it with a nice graduate

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Thank you all for the kind words!

@TheAppleFreak Of course I will! As soon as I get satisfied with the results I will team up some people to help me fill you everything I need to.

@Yusshim I suggest you look for some tutorials on web development and after that ... you know - practice makes best! With the time you'll get good :]

@Tyler Thank you!

@aRedMoon I did try doing that at first but it didn't look as cool as you might think >_<

@Milk Actually it's only me making the website and thanks for the idea. I'll think of something maybe :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Nice, clean cut website. I have to admit I was impressed though the only thing that would bother me would be the background, though it is nice and colourful and everything, it annoys me that it's pretty much all covered by the body of the page. I would suggest either cutting out the pokemon altogether or making it so that there's images on the right of the background so that they can be seen.
    On another note "2disableSelection(document.body)" is easily bypassed but overall this is quite neat and clean.
    Grey & black can get a little boring though, that'd be my one issue.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Nice, clean cut website. I have to admit I was impressed though the only thing that would bother me would be the background, though it is nice and colourful and everything, it annoys me that it's pretty much all covered by the body of the page. I would suggest either cutting out the pokemon altogether or making it so that there's images on the right of the background so that they can be seen.
    On another note "2disableSelection(document.body)" is easily bypassed but overall this is quite neat and clean.
    Grey & black can get a little boring though, that'd be my one issue.
    Thanks, Gav!
    I got a nice idea from what you said about cutting some of the pokemon.
    Will it be cool if I cut some pokemon and set them on the two sides of the body and they scroll along with the page?

'Bout the disable of selection and right click ... I know xD
    I personally bypass it on other pages that use such JS codes :D
    I'll try to find another solution.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • New updates! Started posting news and added some other things.
    Come on! I want to know what you think of the website >_<

BTW if you're a kind webmaster that has the ability to host the website please read the post "To all webmasters!".

Thank you and please share your thoughts!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    It's looking great, and yes I think you should do that with the background.
    You should also add a "How" heading under the event pokemon. For example:
    How:
    Wi-Fi
    Or something along those lines. Nice updates though, it's looking good.

aRedMoon

Years
  • I'll host you. PM me if you're interested.

And I dun really like the subtitle - it's kinda generic. Maybe do a play off the name? "Breaking Pokemon news, events, and updates!" or something cheesy like that. :P

...and still don't like the right navbars, despite you saything they look weird reversed :\

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Years
  • ...guess I was too slow in replying :x OH WELL~

Don't use bit.ly links as a "main" link to your site, btw.

The moving icons on the right sidebar kinda bug me >_>

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Your layout is quite simple, but allows easy navigation to everything on your site. There are just a couple of things I have picked up on:
    - The very top of the content bugs me, I don't know why it's like something is meant to be there, like a header saying 'News & Updates' or 'News' or even 'PokéBreak'.
    - Your news layout seems a bit all over the place, make the headings stand out more, so people want to read the news. Each individual post should be separate from each other, however they seem to blend together, because of nothing standing out telling you they are separate.
    - The animated icons on the right menu draw your eyes away from what you want to be concentrating on: the content.
    - I hate how you have disabled right click and highlight. Right click is needed really for a website, because some people may want to open some pages in new tabs, but cannot.
    - Affiliates is spelt wrong on the right menu, make sure it says 'Affiliates'.
    - In the content section why is there a massive gap at the right hand side?

Hope I've helped you a bit here, sorry if I've sounded mean at all throughout that, I wish you luck with your website.

Back